2009 - MIKA @ Popstarz Live @ The Scala, London 11-09 - REPORTS, PHOTOS, VIDS

Blue Sky

Ah well I guess this kind of thing happens to them, and the bigger he gets the more it will happen, at least they didn't mean him any harm I guess, they were just silly young girls who got carried away maybe.

That's true. But still. People should learn how to behave.

Oh, and it's "My mum's at f*cking Popstarz" lol :aah:

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seing again and again this video

He said "I used to. When I was about 16 I used to get drunk in the little bar upstairs. I try to get people to buy me "twicks" (I write this word as I heard it,I think it's glaces of beer or things like that). Then and I try to...".He never said Popstarz nights anywhere.:roftl:

He said "I used to. When I was about 16 I used to get drunk in the little bar upstairs. I try to get people to buy me "twicks" (I write this word as I heard it,I think it's glaces of beer or things like that). Then and I try to...".He never said Popstarz nights anywhere.:roftl:

drinks, not twicks lol

He never said The End either :mf_rosetinted: According to google and various websites, The End is what is now called The Den - this was at The Scala, so you might wanna research what was there when Mika was a teenager instead :teehee:

yes that is what annoyed me, it looks like security were trying to keep them away but I could be wrong, it could have been to protect the equipment or Mika or even themselves cos lets face it, if anyone got hurt there would be hell on and it could be very expensive all round, and I STILL think that although he was smiling at the end, his eyes made me think he wasn't smiling like he meant it.

They don't seem to have had a clue about what kind of gig they were attending and what they were supposed to do.

BTW, Thank you for the videos. :thumb_yello:

English is my third language. What does it make me? :teehee:

That's true. But still. People should learn how to behave.

Oh, and it's "My mum's at f*cking Popstarz" lol :aah:

Oh, so that's what he said about Mama!:naughty:

I was starting to get worried from what i understood...:blush-anim-cl:

They don't seem to have had a clue about what kind of gig they were attending and what they were supposed to do.

BTW, Thank you for the videos. :thumb_yello:

:biggrin2: your welcome I have quite a few more but I#m supposed to be trying to make a WAG vid lol, my arm ached by the end of the 1st song lol, and it does hinder you from freaking out as much lol, think I did nearly all the songs apart from BG.

I think you are mixing it up with something else? The Popstarz that Mika is talking about is a gay club night which has been held in various clubs in London including Scala for at least 8 years.

8 years ago Mika have 18 not 15. Mika wasn't speaking about popstarz night he was speaking about the nightclub The End.

You obviously listened a lot more closely than me. I was too busy enjoying the show.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he embellished the truth though, would you?

To solve the riddle my I suggest that we forget about counting the years and state that Mika would spend some of his teenage nights at the Scala (the building itself) waiting for someone to buy him a drink as he was too young to be served. Then he would go dancing around to Bronski Beat, thinking that one day he will become a popstar and come back to this place on his own terms.:blush-anim-cl:

I don’t know what kind of club it was in the 90s. Perhaps he was waiting for girls 18+ to buy him a drink. Had I been to that club back then and seen him there I wouldn’t have done it as I would never buy a drink for a guy but perhaps it was not the type of club I’d go to anyway. :cool:

Edited by suzie

:biggrin2: your welcome I have quite a few more but I#m supposed to be trying to make a WAG vid lol, my arm ached by the end of the 1st song lol, and it does hinder you from freaking out as much lol, think I did nearly all the songs apart from BG.

Thanks for the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWhpybkuT3w

I'm not stupid :roftl: He just said "My mum is there with me tonight" and when he was at the keyboard laughing "My mum at f**** Popstarz".

:roftl::naughty:For some people it's a coming out:roftl::naughty: they takes their desires for reality.

To solve the riddle my I suggest that we forget about counting the years and state that Mika would spend some of his teenage nights at the Scala (the building itself) waiting for someone to buy him a drink as he was too young to be served. Then he would go dancing around to Bronski Beat, thinking that one day he will become a popstar and come back to this place on his own terms.:blush-anim-cl:

I don’t know what kind of club it was in the 90s. Perhaps he was waiting for girls 18+ to buy him a drink. Had I been to that club back then and seen him there I wouldn’t have done it as I would never buy a drink for a guy but perhaps it was not the type of club I’d go to anyway. :cool:

:wink2::teehee:

:naughty:

Sparkly....thanks for the vids! They are great! :thumb_yello: You had a good view!

In England women buy to men drinks, not all women but a lots of. I don't want to prove that Mika is gay or straight, I just want to show you that is not a coming out. People want to see in everything Mika was doing or saying a proof of homosexuality, it's because people wants so much that Mika is gay that they were blinded.

I am not proving anything. I summed up the facts he said at the Scala and stated that I wouldn't have bought a drink for him in the 90s. I lived in London then and I didn't see women buying drinks for minors anywhere :cool:

I saw in some London's pub women who buy beer for men:roftl: It's strange but true.

Thanks for the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWhpybkuT3w

I'm not stupid :roftl: He just said "My mum is there with me tonight" and when he was at the keyboard laughing "My mum at f**** Popstarz".

:roftl::naughty:For some people it's a coming out:roftl::naughty: they takes their desires for reality.

Ok, seriously, if you're going to talk about people taking their desires for reality, may I suggest that you listen to what he says in this video?

At the start of the song, he very clearly says: "I've been coming to the Popstarz nights since I was 15 years old.

And tonight for the 1st time ever my mom is here with me.

My mum's at f*cking Popstarz"

Ok, seriously, if you're going to talk about people taking their desires for reality, may I suggest that you listen to what he says in this video?

At the start of the song, he very clearly says: "I've been coming to the Popstarz nights since I was 15 years old.

I saw your video and I find that on the GaydarNation website :"When Popstarz started in 1995 at the Paradise Club in Islington, it was the first major gay club night in London to be playing something different to the dance music that dominated the likes of Heaven and G-A-Y. Finally, a promoter had recognised the demand for a space for the gay kids who were into the Brit Pop scene and other types of music that didn't fit in elsewhere. A night for clubbers who were more bothered about dancing and drinking beer than how good they looked with their shirts off. That promoter was DJ Simon Hobart. "

Seriously it wasn't a coming out. Mika wants keep his sexuality for him, he don't change his mind in one night.

I saw your video and I find that on the GaydarNation website :"When Popstarz started in 1995 at the Paradise Club in Islington, it was the first major gay club night in London to be playing something different to the dance music that dominated the likes of Heaven and G-A-Y. Finally, a promoter had recognised the demand for a space for the gay kids who were into the Brit Pop scene and other types of music that didn't fit in elsewhere. A night for clubbers who were more bothered about dancing and drinking beer than how good they looked with their shirts off. That promoter was DJ Simon Hobart. "

Seriously it wasn't a coming out. Mika wants keep his sexuality for him, he don't change his mind in one night.

For me it wasn't coming out but it was a nod saying "I'm not saying it but you all know what I mean" sort of thing.

I wasn't just about what he said or didn't say, it was his whole persona that night. I can't put it into words, if you were there I'm sure you'll know what i mean.

Writing this very quickly from my phone, forive any mistakes!

In England women buy to men drinks, not all women but a lots of. I don't want to prove that Mika is gay or straight, I just want to show you that is not a coming out. People want to see in everything Mika was doing or saying a proof of homosexuality, it's because people wants so much that Mika is gay that they were blinded.

So what are you getting at?

It was only a PR trick...talk to farmers in farmer's language or whatever the saying is in English!:roftl:

& as most of us know gay men are known for taking their mummys to gay disco`s & bars with them ... well this is what happens here in glasgow !

If you are gay or straight you never go to a bar or a club with your mum:roftl:

& why ever not ? i took my niece & my daughter out to a pub & a disco for their christmas it was fun , me & my daughter pulled brothers mine was younger than hers :biggrin2:

I was going to the french gay nightclub call the Queen when I was youngest, I was going there with my friends because it's really different of other clubs, people there were eccentric people (more than me) and very nice. It's a different world if you are gay or not no matter it's for fun.