On LOGO: A Video Interview

dcdeb

Mika's The Boy Who Knew Too Much comes out officially next Tuesday (Sept. 22), but you can hear the full-on album today on Imeem.com. AND, we've got a little exclusive clip of Mr. Mika himself dishing about one of the album's finer tunes "Rain."

http://www.newnownext.com/2009/09/exclusive-mikas-the-boy-who-knew-too-much-album-hear-it-now-plus-video-interview.html

Watch above to see Mika chat about how the song was inspired by a breakup, and his love of the gay-80s classic tune "Smalltown Boy" by Bronski Beat. Fab! And, er, I gotta say... I'm loving Mika's daffy orange housecoat and clunky jewelry. Sooooo festive!

And you can hear "Rain" (and the whole damn album) below! Enjoy!

Edited by dcdeb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:teehee: And he's smiling when he says it too...:roftl: Gosh, hope it was more like a fling than a very serious relationship.

Maybe it was just in his dreams ... or for the person he was stalking in "I See You" :roftl:

Mika's The Boy Who Knew Too Much comes out officially next Tuesday (Sept. 22), but you can hear the full-on album today on Imeem.com. AND, we've got a little exclusive clip of Mr. Mika himself dishing about one of the album's finer tunes "Rain."

http://www.newnownext.com/2009/09/exclusive-mikas-the-boy-who-knew-too-much-album-hear-it-now-plus-video-interview.html

Watch above to see Mika chat about how the song was inspired by a breakup, and his love of the gay-80s classic tune "Smalltown Boy" by Bronski Beat. Fab! And, er, I gotta say... I'm loving Mika's daffy orange housecoat and clunky jewelry. Sooooo festive!

And you can hear "Rain" (and the whole damn album) below! Enjoy!

Well, we now know what club he's talking about, don't we? :aah:

Well, we now know what club he's talking about, don't we? :aah:

:naughty:

it is cruel!!! But the beat makes it right. Can you imagine the person's face when he or she found the letter on the table???

I'm happy it wasn't me... although on second thought...:naughty:

Does anyone else think that's a pretty cruel way to break up with someone? :fisch:

T4p!

T4P Deb:thumb_yello:

Many people write Dear John letters, not the bravest or nicest ways of breaking up with someone, but, sadly, very common.

And from the lyrics, I would say that the other person was trying to make Mika into someone he wasn't, I know if someone were to do that to me, I'd be out of there too!

wow our boy can be mean if he want :devil::teehee:

I wanna know how this ex(girlfriend/boyfriend) is feeling with Mika doing a song about their break up:naughty:

Me too... I can't believe that person didn't speak to the tabloids already tbh... With other celebs it seems to go like that all the time.

it is cruel!!! But the beat makes it right. Can you imagine the person's face when he or she found the letter on the table???

Ehm, nooo!!

T4P Deb:thumb_yello:

Many people write Dear John letters, not the bravest or nicest ways of breaking up with someone, but, sadly, very common.

And from the lyrics, I would say that the other person was trying to make Mika into someone he wasn't, I know if someone were to do that to me, I'd be out of there too!

Thank god I didn't experience it myself.. I'd feel pretty lousy... not even worth a good old-fashioned break-up with lots of screaming and crying hysterically :roftl:

I can understand why Mika wrote a letter.

I mean, you write down your feelings and you say goodbye. Imagine it face to face. Mika already made up his mind and probably didn't want a conversation with the other person because they'd probably try and convert him to stay with them. By the sounds of it Mika already had a lot of hassle and was desperate to get away from it.

From what I gather, there's no "let's try and work it out" about it, just a "I can't do this anymore. I tried but it's not working. I know what I want and it's not this. See you later".

Sometimes it's best to cut people off. Cruel to be kind, I guess.

I can understand why Mika wrote a letter.

I mean, you write down your feelings and you say goodbye. Imagine it face to face. Mika already made up his mind and probably didn't want a conversation with the other person because they'd probably try and convert him to stay with them. By the sounds of it Mika already had a lot of hassle and was desperate to get away from it.

From what I gather, there's no "let's try and work it out" about it, just a "I can't do this anymore. I tried but it's not working. I know what I want and it's not this. See you later".

Sometimes it's best to cut people off. Cruel to be kind, I guess.

Yup, and I can totally follow this logic, and I know this is going to sound very strange, but I think I would rather have just a text message or something than a letter. I don't know, it's something about the 'letter' part that feels weird to me. Maybe it's just because of technology, don't know :aah:

+ what did he do? He had arranged to meet this person, threw the letter in their face and ran? He just let the letter lay there whilst the person wasn't there yet for them to find? Either way I find it strange, and it wouldn't surprise me if that ex turned out to be the stalker in ring ring :roftl: