CHANGED DATE: Mika in Amsterdam, Netherlands at Heineken Hall

Christine

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can tell you this about taxi's (and that's a hint for all of you): don't trust them :blink:. Sometimes they are making abuse of tourists. It's only 20 minutes drive from airport to the centre of Amsterdam, mayby 30 minutes in heavy traffic, but some taxis will drive you around for more than an hour and (of course) charge you for that. Thieves they are:sneaky2:. Watch out for them. Of course they're not all like that, but I've heard many examples.

So, Laurel, you're save having Monie as your personal driver. She will only charge you €500 to drive you to Amsterdam.

@Monie, I arranged you some extra cash, so you can buy all these merchandise at the Mika gig :roftl:

:eek: Some taxi drivers do that here too ... sucks big time :(

:lmfao: I shall treat Monie to some merchandise anyway as a thank you for picking me up :thumb_yello: Well that is if she wants any - if not I'll give her a tip :wink2:

Ok, the new flight is booked! It was a longer process - had to cancel the first after waiting in the holding stack of a premium rate number and asked for a pay-back amount. I really got most of the first price back!! Only the hotel is now a bit more expensive..

But the perspective that the weather in May is better (= warmer) than in March (HOPE SO ) made me satisfied again.

And THEN I am VERY curious if the fans of the Netherlands are really as crazy as I think so :cheerful_h4h:

Btw. can someone recommend me what I have absolutly to see in Amsterdam?? I never was there before and won't go to Amsterdam only for Mika

Great that you are able to come :thumb_yello:. And good that you got most of the first flight price back.

Of course I cannot talk about the other Dutch fans but I am not crazy at all :mf_rosetinted:. I am not sure if you believe that after you have seen my gig outfit tho :naughty:. But I am not the only one in fancy dress, some other Dutchies and English/Scottish people will be in fancy dress as well.

As for the things you have to see in Amsterdam, I have no idea. If you live somewhere you forget to go to the attractions I guess. The van Gogh museum would be nice perhaps, and/or madame Tussauds.

:eek: Some taxi drivers do that here too ... sucks big time :(

:lmfao: I shall treat Monie to some merchandise anyway as a thank you for picking me up :thumb_yello: Well that is if she wants any - if not I'll give her a tip :wink2:

You don't have to give me anything Laurel! I'm coming to pick you up because I like to. Then again, Mika merchandise sounds really attractive.....:blush-anim-cl:. But no tips young lady!

I will figure out if it is handy to pick you up by car or by public transportation. It might be even more convenient to use public transportation in Amsterdam (especially with the way I read signs whilst I'm driving :roftl:). At least you have someone with you then who know where the busses are, has bus cards and knows how to speak Dutch :original:.

Edited by Monie

Great that you are able to come :thumb_yello:. And good that you got most of the first flight price back.

Of course I cannot talk about the other Dutch fans but I am not crazy at all :mf_rosetinted:. I am not sure if you believe that after you have seen my gig outfit tho :naughty:. But I am not the only one in fancy dress, some other Dutchies and English/Scottish people will be in fancy dress as well.

As for the things you have to see in Amsterdam, I have no idea. If you live somewhere you forget to go to the attractions I guess. The van Gogh museum would be nice perhaps, and/or madame Tussauds.

You don't have to give me anything Laurel! I'm coming to pick you up because I like to. Then again, Mika merchandise sounds really attractive.....:blush-anim-cl:. But no tips young lady!

I will figure out if it is handy to pick you up by car or by public transportation. It might be even more convenient to use public transportation in Amsterdam (especially with the way I read signs whilst I'm driving :roftl:). At least you have someone with you then who know where the busses are, has bus cards and knows how to speak Dutch :original:.

Thank you :huglove: You are a star - and yes ... having someone who knows the area is always handy ... otherwise I might not be seeing Mika as I will still be wandering around Amsterdam trying to work out the way to my hotel let alone the venue :lmfao:

:wink2:

Thank you :huglove: You are a star - and yes ... having someone who knows the area is always handy ... otherwise I might not be seeing Mika as I will still be wandering around Amsterdam trying to work out the way to my hotel let alone the venue :lmfao:

:wink2:

Don't worry, I won't let that happen :wink2:. And as Blue said: 99% of the Dutch people can speak or at least understand (a little) English.

Thank you for warning us :thumb_yello:. Is there a bus or a tube from the airport to the centre?

There's trains! It's super easy, you just go to the trains in the big arrivals lobby (they're underground but super easy to find bc there's 10000 signs) and take one to Amsterdam Centraal. It only takes about 15 minutes! You can buy a ticket from one of the machines, will only be a few quid. From the Central Station you can take a bus/tram/tube to wherever in the city you need to be.

The tubestop for the venue is Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena (I think the tubes that stop there are 53 and 54 but you'll have to check, I'm not sure)

Foreign types .. I guess your flying in on the Thursday leaving the Sataday now?

I´ll arrive at Thursday morning, want to meet faballa at our hotel and then we want to see Amsterdam. Our flights home are Saturday in thr afternoon, so we have enough time for a MFC party after the gig.

There's trains! It's super easy, you just go to the trains in the big arrivals lobby (they're underground but super easy to find bc there's 10000 signs) and take one to Amsterdam Centraal. It only takes about 15 minutes! You can buy a ticket from one of the machines, will only be a few quid. From the Central Station you can take a bus/tram/tube to wherever in the city you need to be.

The tubestop for the venue is Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena (I think the tubes that stop there are 53 and 54 but you'll have to check, I'm not sure)

Thank you so much for your answer. It makes me feel comfortable to know how I can discover this city. Now I need a map to see where my hotel is, I ordered one but I didn´t get it till yet. It´s so good to have people there who I can ask :wink2:

Thank you so much for your answer. It makes me feel comfortable to know how I can discover this city. Now I need a map to see where my hotel is, I ordered one but I didn´t get it till yet. It´s so good to have people there who I can ask :wink2:

If you tell me the address I can tell you how to get there from the station!

Thank you so much for the info! :thumb_yello:

Foreign types .. I guess your flying in on the Thursday leaving the Sataday now?

Yes, I think I will do that. But don't want to book anything too early this time :biggrin2:

It´s the hotel Trianon, I haven´t still the exactly adress. It´s so nice that you help me :wub2:

I googled it and it's apparently near the Museumsquare... if it's really there then you can take tram 2 or 5 :thumb_yello:

I'm glad to help, it's always much easier to hear it from people who actually know the city as opposed to confusing websites and touristguides :wink2:

I googled it and it's apparently near the Museumsquare... if it's really there then you can take tram 2 or 5 :thumb_yello:

I'm glad to help, it's always much easier to hear it from people who actually know the city as opposed to confusing websites and touristguides :wink2:

Thank you very much, it helps me really. When I got the adress I will ask you again if it´s really near Museumsquare. I´m excited to see Amsterdam. When I was at Westerpark I only saw the hotel and the Kulturzentrum and nothing more. This time I want to see more :wink2:

yup guess so. will probably come by train (it's cheaper and i'm still fed up with flying from my US holiday, so if possible i try to avoid it :naughty:), but it's not possible to book that yet. if i find a really cheap hotel, i might be staying til sunday... but i've been to amsterdam for sightseeing 2x already, only thing i missed so far and might want to see is the van gogh museum. :thumb_yello:

Thank you very much, it helps me really. When I got the adress I will ask you again if it´s really near Museumsquare. I´m excited to see Amsterdam. When I was at Westerpark I only saw the hotel and the Kulturzentrum and nothing more. This time I want to see more :wink2:

just google the address of the hotel and then use http://maps.google.de/ for seeing where it is? :wink2:

Thank you :cheerful_h4h: - I like to see art from van Gogh!! The colours and the special atmosphere of his drawings always impressing me deeply. So this museum is clearly a MUST to visit!

hmm, now I think over those what you are understanding by a 'fancy dress' :biggrin2: - ok, I will do my best not to stand beside, I will do :naughty:!

Hi, as a 'foreign type' - I will come on Wednesday morning (need much time for my first Amsterdam stay :old:) and yes, leaving on Saturday afternoon ----- party time????????? :gathering::drink_nl:

so everyone will dress up for this gig then? fab! :biggrin2: that's a must for me anyway. :naughty: any dresscode/theme?

what else have i missed on the first 50 pages of this thread? :fisch: didn't follow it, as i didn't think i could go... so, can someone please sum it up for me, what plans you have for the gig or generally for mfc meetups there? :biggrin2:

so everyone will dress up for this gig then? fab! :biggrin2: that's a must for me anyway. :naughty: any dresscode/theme?

No, by now there isn't a theme for dressing - do YOU have an idea??? I mean, it depends a bit on Mika's concerts before Amsterdam, how his stage is looking for e.g.

No, by now there isn't a theme for dressing - do YOU have an idea???

we've talked about several themes for the german tour already on DMFC, but all in all we decided to wait until the tour starts, so we'll see what the stage set etc. is like. :wink2: (edit: just seen that you edited your post to that too... :naughty:)

IF mika uses blacklight again (and i really hope he does), we should make at least one gig themed white or neon. i think glow-in-the-blacklight neon colours would be fab for amsterdam. and there are whole shops for that on the internet! for germany for example http://www.schwarzlicht.de

but as i said, if we want to do that, we'll have to wait whether the stage set will include blacklight. i think so, as mika once said something about all the european venues being dark, so he can use some cool light effects there - hope he meant the blacklight. but you'll never know, he says a lot in interviews... :rolls_eyes:

and then of course, if some have already decided on a costume for amsterdam, we could start from that with deciding on a theme.

for example, other themes i could imagine for the tour would be "album booklet" (which can be anything from outer space to voodoo dolls to mubbins), or "face art" - everyone sticking stones or sequins to their faces, or face-paint. :wink2: