CHANGED DATE: Mika in Amsterdam, Netherlands at Heineken Hall

Christine

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to be on stage once, but in my case I would more be a "tall girl", as I'm about as tall as Mika himself...

Don't know if they are looking for a new variety though :teehee:

Isn't the bride supposed to be tall?

(I have actually no clue what that whole bride thing is about... Never watched any vids, I just read somewhere that they wanted a tall girl for it. :roftl:)

So Ingie and FD are arranging the number system? How does it (usually) work?

they are? well, if they're the first ones to arrive, then yes. :bleh: but i hope they are, if they plan to be there at 9 already! :aah: i'd hate to see a queuing situation again like in paris, that was totally mad! :aah:

you get a number on your hand, and your name with that number gets written on a list, and about an hour before the doors open (or earlier), the queue gets organized in the order of numbers. usually at an extra entrance, so the numbered people can enter before everyone else.

how far the list goes is up to those who manage it... depending on the size of the venue and what time people arrive. at the german gigs it was mostly around number 50 and/or 4pm when we stopped, in paris it went til no. 150 - but stopped already before noon, because people arrived so damn early! :aah: on the 2nd paris date they only did it til no. 80, so guess it already stopped at 9am or so. :doh:

during the day you can go have something to eat or whatever... but we ask people to not go away for longer than an hour maximum, otherwise it would be unfair, as without that regulation someone could just go sightseeing or sleep at their hotel or sit in a café/bar for hours. in basel we "deleted" some people from the list because of that (think dusseldorf as well? :blink: not sure...). when they finally come back and it's not too late, they can have a new number again.

(I have actually no clue what that whole bride thing is about... Never watched any vids, I just read somewhere that they wanted a tall girl for it. :roftl:)

yeah, the bride should be tall, because the dress is very long. plus there are also people who carry some things (shrine, toyboy, signs), they're wearing mexican robes, that's also possible for tall people. :wink2: think they prefer boys for that though, if they can get any male volunteers.

Ok, haven't seen the vids of that either (want it to be some sort of surprise) but I would definately love to be the bride! Where can I sign? :biggrin2:

they are? well, if they're the first ones to arrive, then yes. :bleh: but i hope they are, if they plan to be there at 9 already! :aah: i'd hate to see a queuing situation again like in paris, that was totally mad! :aah:

you get a number on your hand, and your name with that number gets written on a list, and about an hour before the doors open (or earlier), the queue gets organized in the order of numbers. usually at an extra entrance, so the numbered people can enter before everyone else.

how far the list goes is up to those who manage it... depending on the size of the venue and what time people arrive. at the german gigs it was mostly around number 50 and/or 4pm when we stopped, in paris it went til no. 150 - but stopped already before noon, because people arrived so damn early! :aah: on the 2nd paris date they only did it til no. 80, so guess it already stopped at 9am or so. :doh:

during the day you can go have something to eat or whatever... but we ask people to not go away for longer than an hour maximum, otherwise it would be unfair, as without that regulation someone could just go sightseeing or sleep at their hotel or sit in a café/bar for hours. in basel we "deleted" some people from the list because of that (think dusseldorf as well? :blink: not sure...). when they finally come back and it's not too late, they can have a new number again.

Thanks a lot for explaining! I like that system, sounds good!

(I am not sure if Ingie and FD are doing the number thing, I just thought I read smt like that.)

i didn't see him on stage in munich during KA. :blink: gotta look at my video again, but i'd be surprised if he was!

didn't patricia want to be a BG in amsterdam again? i thought she mentioned it in berlin... it seems though that mama p doesn't like it now if people do it who have already done it at other gigs, she was very strict about it in paris, wouldn't let axie do it again, and i also almost didn't get to do it, even though she had promised it the day before. :aah:

yes i want to john promised me i could be bg in amsterdam , when he asked me in berlin to be bg i said no because i was afraid i couldn't be bg in amsterdam. then he said i could still be bg in amsterdam but i have to wait and see what mama p says

yes i want to john promised me i could be bg in amsterdam , when he asked me in berlin to be bg i said no because i was afraid i couldn't be bg in amsterdam. then he said i could still be bg in amsterdam but i have to wait and see what mama p says

I've only ever done it once, and at Bristol, when I thought I'd be at Vienna, Mama P asked if I'd like to do it there, as I didn't want to do it at Bristol.

But I don't mind not being picked, I'm just so happy I'm getting there at all:naughty:

my 2 cents worth on lg & bg:teehee:

it's nice to see new people doing it. that way, more people get a chance to try it, if they want to. we have to remember that being chosen/asked, is still a previledge and not something that is owed to us. promise or no promise :blush-anim-cl:

as for me, i think i'd cry if i HAD to be on stage :naughty:

Edited by guylainem123

I'm not going on stage again ... I did it once ... which is a shock :teehee:

I really want to see the show ... as it's the only time I'll get to see this version of it :wub2:

Can't wait :boing:

I've only ever done it once, and at Bristol, when I thought I'd be at Vienna, Mama P asked if I'd like to do it there, as I didn't want to do it at Bristol.

But I don't mind not being picked, I'm just so happy I'm getting there at all:naughty:

yes indeed i won't be sad if they don't pick me but'i would love to do it with friends now. berlin was amazing but i felt a bit lonely backstage because the other girls only spoke german and i could understand them perfectly but í can't speak german very well.

my 2 cents worth on lg & bg:teehee:

it's nice to see new people doing it. that way, more people get a chance to try it, if they want to. we have to remember that being chosen/asked, is still a previledge and not something that is owed to us. promise or no promise :blush-anim-cl:

as for me, i think i'd cry if i HAD to be on stage :naughty:

i know that and i don't think they owe me that thats why i said i'll see what mama p says and accept that decission

Does someone in this thread happen to be an Amsterdam resident? I need a strategic advice...

Next Friday I`ll arrive at Amsterdam Centraal at 11:25. My hotel is somewhere in the south, near RAI center. I have two options: I can go to the hotel first to get rid of my stuff or I can go straight to the Heineken Music Hall but would have to leave again around 14:00 to do the check-in at my hotel. According to my map I can go there from the Heineken Music Hall by underground train (two or three stations).

What would you do? I don`t know how long it would take me to go to the hotel and back to the music hall. I`m afraid I`ll get a bad queing number if i go to the hotel first...and I`m afraid I`ll lose my number if I go to the Heineken Music Hall first and it takes me too long to travel back....

Any advice?

Does someone in this thread happen to be an Amsterdam resident? I need a strategic advice...

Next Friday I`ll arrive at Amsterdam Centraal at 11:25. My hotel is somewhere in the south, near RAI center. I have two options: I can go to the hotel first to get rid of my stuff or I can go straight to the Heineken Music Hall but would have to leave again around 14:00 to do the check-in at my hotel. According to my map I can go there from the Heineken Music Hall by underground train (two or three stations).

What would you do? I don`t know how long it would take me to go to the hotel and back to the music hall. I`m afraid I`ll get a bad queing number if i go to the hotel first...and I`m afraid I`ll lose my number if I go to the Heineken Music Hall first and it takes me too long to travel back....

Any advice?

i don't live in amsterdam but i don't think anyone would mind if you go to your hotel to check in later , at least i don't mind. we did it in berlin too and everybody was ok with that

Any advice?

If you'd go to your hotel first, it'd take you about 15 minutes (taking subway 51) to get from Amsterdam Central Station to Amsterdam RAI.

I'm not sure where your hotel is, but it'd take about 10 minutes (taking subway 50) to get from Amsterdam RAI to Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena (and then there's a few minute walk to the venue).

If you'd go to the venue first, you could take subway 54 from Amsterdam Central Station to Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena (takes approximately 15 minutes). Going to the RAI would then take about 10 minutes.

I guess you could easily do this, without losing your number.

(Just remember that when you take the subway in Amsterdam, you're gonna have to use a public transport chipcard).

i didn't see him on stage in munich during KA. :blink: gotta look at my video again, but i'd be surprised if he was!

didn't patricia want to be a BG in amsterdam again? i thought she mentioned it in berlin... it seems though that mama p doesn't like it now if people do it who have already done it at other gigs, she was very strict about it in paris, wouldn't let axie do it again, and i also almost didn't get to do it, even though she had promised it the day before. :aah:

This was already the case in Dusseldorf. Perhaps they make an exception if they don't have enough volunteers. And I think Big girls have a bigger chance, since there are more costumes for them.

fab to hear rose that you'll be able to make it! :biggrin2:

like i said though, don't count on getting chosen to be a bg again, they prefer people now who haven't done it yet.

btw, also they didn't want any small big girls in paris. wonder what made them change their mind about it. :blink:

The 2nd night in Hammersmith mama P. said that that was the last time she allowed small girls to be big girls. She had to adjust way to many costumes, she was almost in tears then.

I would love to be on stage once, but in my case I would more be a "tall girl", as I'm about as tall as Mika himself...

Don't know if they are looking for a new variety though :teehee:

You can always try! Would be great if you would do the flash mob on stage too (tho it will be hard with the mask on :bleh:).

Are you going to do the flash mob too?

You can always try! Would be great if you would do the flash mob on stage too (tho it will be hard with the mask on :bleh:).

Are you going to do the flash mob too?

One little thing: the Kick-ass tape at the concert in Paris started after the glasses part... so it started immediately with the 'hands part' (00.16 on Monie's video).

One little thing: the Kick-ass tape at the concert in Paris started after the glasses part... so it started immediately with the 'hands part' (00.16 on Monie's video).

Oh, thank you for mentioning it! We will have to put our glasses on right after Lollipop then!

Edit: I watched another vid of it and the whole song is played. But immediatly after Lollipop so it is a good idea to put the glasses already on anyway.

Edited by Monie

The 2nd night in Hammersmith mama P. said that that was the last time she allowed small girls to be big girls. She had to adjust way to many costumes, she was almost in tears then.

yeah, of course not if they have to adjust costumes... but the blue corsets ARE for small BGs, they wouldn't have to adjust them... still they didn't use them in paris. :wink2:

If you'd go to your hotel first, it'd take you about 15 minutes (taking subway 51) to get from Amsterdam Central Station to Amsterdam RAI.

I'm not sure where your hotel is, but it'd take about 10 minutes (taking subway 50) to get from Amsterdam RAI to Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena (and then there's a few minute walk to the venue).

If you'd go to the venue first, you could take subway 54 from Amsterdam Central Station to Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena (takes approximately 15 minutes). Going to the RAI would then take about 10 minutes.

I guess you could easily do this, without losing your number.

(Just remember that when you take the subway in Amsterdam, you're gonna have to use a public transport chipcard).

Thank youvery much for your advice :-)

One last question: I was thinking about buying the I Amsterdam Card because I`m going to stay in Amsterdam for three days. It includes free transports. I couldnt figure out if this includes the subway, too. Somehow I dont get the transport system in Amsterdam :boxed::aah: Do you know anything about this?

yeah, of course not if they have to adjust costumes... but the blue corsets ARE for small BGs, they wouldn't have to adjust them... still they didn't use them in paris. :wink2:

Really? They don't want small big girls at all anymore?

Thank youvery much for your advice :-)

One last question: I was thinking about buying the I Amsterdam Card because I`m going to stay in Amsterdam for three days. It includes free transports. I couldnt figure out if this includes the subway, too. Somehow I dont get the transport system in Amsterdam :boxed::aah: Do you know anything about this?

I'm not 100 % sure but I think it includes the subway as well. I think it is a good idea to buy the I Amsterdam Card. The transport system in Amsterdam isn't that confusing, don't worry.

Edited by Monie

my presents :D

for mika: the brown bracelet in the wooden box with dark blue knot.. and the little milk can as cow

for jimmy: model clay, so he won't play anymore with food hahaha.. and the white bracelet in de wooden box with the white knot :D

http://www.twitpic.com/1h379q

http://www.twitpic.com/1jnlqb

http://www.twitpic.com/1jnn4k