Mika in Barcelona, Spain at Palau Sant Jordi

Christine

That is really sweet of you and I hope you have an amazing gig (I will be trying to forget that there is a Barcelona gig at all :bleh:).

:roftl:Yeah, best is to forget and start thinking about future things.

I hope so!

I was happy to meet some new MFCers like pufpuf that was adorable with me, also Mici and Black Queen and Freddie of course and also to re-meet you, lillibet and the others!

But I hope to see you all again soon!

If i can I'll ask Mika about Milan... and I also hope to met and see u and everyone on this thread soon in future gigs! :wink2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, an update from here (Monie and Ingie). After spending the whole afternoon at Schiphol airport we are at my place now. Schiphol looked like ghosttown, freaky.

We tried everything, that is almost everything. We could have gone by train but that would have cost us 500 extra euros per person, money we simply don't have. It would have been at least 15 hours of traveling (one way).

At a certain point the airline people told us there might be going a bus to Barcelona tonight or tomorrow morning for no extra fee. So we waited, and waited, and waited to hear in the end that they wouldn't go through with it since the higher people didn't approve of it. So we had to arrange it ourselves. Surrounded by at least 50 desperate Spanish people Ingie and I contacted the bus company since we were the only ones speaking Dutch.

As soon people noticed that I was talking to the bus company they jumped upon me, leaving me screaming to Ingie: "Be my bodyguard!" It was kind of scary, now I know how Mika must feel every now and then. They were all shouting so at a certain point I yelled: quiet! And every one was quiet :shocked:. Wow, feels good to have so much power :biggrin2:.

So, we arranged for the Spanish people to be able to go home again tonight and we sacrificed our spot. The group was called: "group Simone," the tour operator told me, I felt like a celebrity :naughty:. People were very grateful, someone was crying, which almost made Ingie and me cry too.

We are very very sad we cannot go to the gig but we felt good that we helped so many people. Karma will repay us (hopefully :biggrin2:).

We tried everything that was in our physical and financial power. It wasn't meant to be....:tears:

Mika we love you...

It has all been said. I just wanna join the others in saying that this really moved me and that you did a great and unselfish job!!! Sending love over from Germany to you both :huglove:...and to all the others who couldn't manage to travel either :group_hug:

Can you imagine that this might go on for weeks or even months? Unbelievable.

It's hard to imagine...what a surreal situation!

This really moved me inside, Monie :flowers2: Everybody said that before and I relate: karma will pay you soon. You're a pair of angels!!!

On the other hand, I'm so sorry for the people who can't make it to Barcelona :huglove: hope you have your chance in another gig!

I really really hope those stupid ashes stop and that everything goes back to normal. The idea of flight cancellations during months scare me :yikes: not only for gigs I mean, but for every single matter....

I totally second all you've said!

If i can I'll ask Mika about Milan... and I also hope to met and see u and everyone on this thread soon in future gigs! :wink2

Thank you hun :huglove:

Maybe we'll meet to another european gig:thumb_yello:

we are all talking about the flights... but is there any confirmation that mika is already in spain??????????

he said he will be in Spain today using a bunch of cars for the Palau gig.

I wish he had rented a few more cars for his fans to be able to come too :teehee:.

Thank you all for your sweet comments, we were happy that we could do something for these people and didn't get to the airport completely in vain. :wub2:

he said he will be in Spain today using a bunch of cars for the Palau gig.

yes,that´s what he said,but now things have changed and the news are that airports will remain closed perhaps for a week long.... he could change his mind if he´s still in France.....

yes,that´s what he said,but now things have changed and the news are that airports will remain closed perhaps for a week long.... he could change his mind if he´s still in France.....

I don't think so. If he can make it, he'll be there.

pufpuf is on the venue right now.

there are about 40 fans there.

no news from mika,there,nobody knows nothing about him:blink:

just got confirmation that crew and staff are at the venue working for the gig...no worries people!!!

the gig WILL happen, and so i'm going to open a pre-chatter thread!

:thumb_yello:

here's the link

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2931559#post2931559

Edited by robertina

Pff , i went to bed early yesterday, i was sad, no need to listen "fix you" , but Monie had a great idea: buy another ticket , there are so many festivals this year!!!!:mf_rosetinted:

It was difficult, wasn't it.

You will see him soon I guess, Milan? I have to wait 2 1/2 weeks. But then I will see hem twice in 3 days :original:.

Sigh ..looks amazing .. impossible to read any more :boxed:

:huglove: You don't need to. I am not going to read the gig thread either. It's not necessary to put salt into the wound :wink2:.

We will so rock in Amsterdam :wink2:.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Two years since Mika came to Barcelona, 18-4-2010, time flies, it was my first time first gig and I didn't believe it, Mika was there and he was real. I wasn't a MFCer yet but that day it was the beginnig of my Mika's craziness :wub2:

Never will forget my first time :mikalove: I hope to see him in Barcelona again and soon, well... that's what he told me :wub2:

mikasantjordi1.jpg