Mika in Milan, Italy at Mediolanum Forum

Christine

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess everyone expects italians to speak english...which they don't! :naughty:

Sounds like everybody's dumb then...pffft.

The mistake my best friend and I made when we went to Paris was that we spoke fairly good French, but not good enough to actually understand when the people are the hotel thought we were French and started speakin really fast. :roftl:

Thankfully that won't happen in Italy, I'll be stumbling through the phrases and hopefully it'll work out. :naughty:

this makes you honour jaz, it's not so common!

It's true, and us Brits have got such a bad rep with foreign languages... I'm the same though, I'd feel really ignorant if I went to a different country and didn't speak a word of the language.

Ah, are there plenty of English hooligans about then?

"DO YOU DO CHIPS?"

I hate those kinds of people. :sneaky2:

Only when they're over for the footy :aah:

i guess everyone expects italians to speak english...which they don't! :naughty:

But it got on my nerves last summer when so many people in shops, bars etc started speaking English to me :aah: It was fine during the winter & it has been this winter too, but once the tourists start arriving they think I'm one too :(

Flights booked - yay airmiles! Getting in at 10.45am the day before the gig and leaving at 6.55pm the day after. Good stuff!

congrats! :thumb_yello:

and let me say that i presume we'll have the bigger set of the stage here (as mika said he's having a smaller and a bigger stage set in this tour) cause the venue is quite huge! the acoustic is not very good, but at least we'll see a grand show :wink2:

congrats! :thumb_yello:

and let me say that i presume we'll have the bigger set of the stage here (as mika said he's having a smaller and a bigger stage set in this tour) cause the venue is quite huge! the acoustic is not very good, but at least we'll see a grand show :wink2:

Shame about the acoustics but we probably won't notice with everything that's going on. :aah: I'm so excited!!

I hate hate that side of our culture at times .. incapable of travelling

Luckily there are cultured folk like you and me to represent the Brits in a good light.

Thats is true! myself and Robi .. and others actually often talk about this ..

I know people that go to Benidorm .. everyyy yearrrrr , eat fish and chips every day , watch all the UK TV shows , come back white as a white thing , sit all day in the Rose and Crown .. yesssssssssssssssssss

<why not stay at home>

I have always just thrown myself into the culture where Im at :wub2:

Thats is true! myself and Robi .. and others actually often talk about this ..

I know people that go to Benidorm .. everyyy yearrrrr , eat fish and chips every day , watch all the UK TV shows , come back white as a white thing , sit all day in the Rose and Crown .. yesssssssssssssssssss

<why not stay at home>

I have always just thrown myself into the culture where Im at :wub2:

OMG that's ridiculous. My Uncle goes to Thailand every year and I'm like 'yeah, okay, it's nice, but go somewhere else!'

Throwing yourself in is the only way to go - you HAVE to get lost and you HAVE to stumble your way through the language with a crap phrasebook and you HAVE to eat a kebab without realising that it's horse meat.:roftl: There's no point otherwise, you might as well just look at a few photos.

OMG that's ridiculous. My Uncle goes to Thailand every year and I'm like 'yeah, okay, it's nice, but go somewhere else!'

Throwing yourself in is the only way to go - you HAVE to get lost and you HAVE to stumble your way through the language with a crap phrasebook and you HAVE to eat a kebab without realising that it's horse meat.:roftl: There's no point otherwise, you might as well just look at a few photos.

Or end up with a horses head in your bed ... it is Italy after all :aah:

Or end up with a horses head in your bed ... it is Italy after all :aah:

Hahaha that better not happen to me!

I don't like horses when they're alive, I'm even less keen on them when they're decaptitated and bleeding all over my sheets.

Flights booked - yay airmiles! Getting in at 10.45am the day before the gig and leaving at 6.55pm the day after. Good stuff!

Excellent!! :biggrin2:

I hate hate that side of our culture at times .. incapable of travelling

Well, most of us :teehee:

Who is calling me? :glasses3:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:roftl::roftl:

poor italy! it's mafia or berlusconi...there's no way out! :aah:

And I was stupid enough to move here :lmfao:

hellò everybody!!!eeehhhmmm...sorry...probably i'm just to ask a very silly question...but...is there any chance for a meet and greet competion?...My God!!!I'm totally obsessed about it!!!I want to meet him in Milan....yyyyaaaaaiiiiiii!!!!!!:mf_lustslow:

ciao Giada, faccio prima a risponderti in italiano :wink2:

mah, probabilmente ci saranno dei concorsi legati a questo concerto, come già in passato, organizzati dalla Universal, e quindi ne avremo notizia su mikamusic.it:wink2:..ma ancora non si sa nulla, è un po' presto.

da parte di MFC la vedo un po' difficile :naughty:

se siamo fortunati, lui potrebbe uscire dopo il concerto, ma se ci sarà il massacro che c'è stato a giugno per il concerto al Parenti...non so...dovremmo cercare di essere un po' più ordinati e rispettosi...:aah: io francamente mi aspetto ben poco!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if this has been asked before..

I 'll get to the gig (if I manage at all, that is..) rather late, so I'd need to know a rapid way from stazione centrale to this place..

any suggestion..?

this place is outside milano, I take. can anyone recommend a good hotel, but fairly priced..? or are there public trasports, after the gig, good enough, so one can get safely back to the city and stay in a hotel not far from stazione centrale, for leaving back in good time the morn after..?

advices..? :blink:

I really wanna come :tears:

sorry if this has been asked before..

I 'll get to the gig (if I manage at all, that is..) rather late, so I'd need to know a rapid way from stazione centrale to this place..

any suggestion..?

this place is outside milano, I take. can anyone recommend a good hotel, but fairly priced..? or are there public trasports, after the gig, good enough, so one can get safely back to the city and stay in a hotel not far from stazione centrale, for leaving back in good time the morn after..?

advices..? :blink:

I really wanna come :tears:

silly avoca :sneaky2:

you KNOW that there'll always be someone driving you to the station or nearby!!!

DON'T - WORRY :mf_rosetinted: