Mika in Milan, Italy at Mediolanum Forum

Christine

I wanted to ask Italian fans if there was any news on a second Milan gig or he simply got both the day and the month wrong in that December interview where he said March 26th I think..

Not heard a thing, though with the Leipzig gig now cancelled it's making me gittery :aah: Poor boy's probably just easily confused, too many tour dates bless :naughty:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not heard a thing, though with the Leipzig gig now cancelled it's making me gittery :aah: Poor boy's probably just easily confused, too many tour dates bless :naughty:

yes, that's what I think, too.

He must have been told the Milan date before the interview and he tried hard to remember but he couldn't...:naughty:

or he was told before the show that even though the Leipzig gig on 26th March would not be held, he should remind his Italian fans of the Milan date...

..and he mixed up the pieces of info:teehee::

it'd not be the first time he gets confused with his tour dates... :mf_rosetinted:

• 2 weeks later...

The official adresse of the Mediolanum forum is:

MEDIOLANUM FORUM

Via G. Di Vittorio, 6

20090 Assago (MI)

is a little town immediatly near Milan

Here the public transport simulator

http://www.atm-mi.it/it/Giromilano/Pagine/default.aspx

but it is just in italian (http://www.atm-mi.it/it/Pagine/English.aspx/ = English coming soon.... incredible!!!!!)

and it does not work very well, it is a system quite stupid, so i try to resume a trip for you.

You can take underground with simbol M in a red square (underground green line - metropolitana linea 2 verde)

http://www.atm-mi.it/it/ViaggiaConNoi/Documents/SCHEMA_RETE_dic09.pdf

be careful, in this map you can find Assago stop, but it is under construction so you must take the undergorund and then a bus.

So... the nearest stop to the city centre on the green line is Cadorna station, you can reach from the centre, or you can reach with connections with others lines of the underground (metro red or yellow with stop in Duomo di Milano, for example).

On the green line You can take the direction to Abbiategrasso and you must stop at Famagosta (the stop before the last stop).

In Famagosta you find a bus to Mediolanum Forum Assago.

I think the number of the bus is 320. Anyway before to jump on it ask to the driver if it is right to "Forum Assago".

We dont know when the show finishes... i hope it finishes before the closure of the underground.

The last train from Famagosta to Milan centre should be at 00:39 http://orari.atm-mi.it/M2_690.pdf but it is better to check again in April, because maybe in spring summer there are differents horaries.

Public transports in Milan are not perfect, but, at least, they are not so expensive.

You need one ticket (1 euro) and you can take the Underground and also the bus (if the trip is less then 75 minutes and in this case it does). For the return another ticket 1 euro.

Edited by allegra

Grazie Mille!!! :cheerful_h4h:

I'm a bit scared about the public transport times though, they should function all night long :naughty:

Ha! You're telling me, I don't know how many times I've been caught out by the metro's closing times :roftl: I hope they get the green line extension finished by the gig, it was meant to be finished by the end of last year, but Italians are never in a rush to do anything!! :mf_rosetinted:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So I've got some airmiles vouchers...and they're probably gonna need using soon...and I've always really wanted to go to Milan...and if Mika's there at the same time it's a jolly nice coincidence...:aah:

oh really???

then join us!

anything you need, pls ask :thumb_yello:

oh really???

then join us!

anything you need, pls ask :thumb_yello:

Aaaah thanks very much. I'm just checking it all out right now. Oh how I love/hate being spontaneous and silly.

Actually, to hell with it. I want to go to Milan. So I'm gonna go to Milan.

Oh dear. :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Aaaah thanks very much. I'm just checking it all out right now. Oh how I love/hate being spontaneous and silly.

Actually, to hell with it. I want to go to Milan. So I'm gonna go to Milan.

Oh dear. :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Milan's awesome, it's definitely the right decision :teehee:

It's not in me to be mean to my adopted home city :teehee:

Fair enough....I'm entering all the codes from my vouchers so I can exchange them for airmiles now...oh Tesco, look what you've done to me!!!

And it's blatantly fate because the hotel I've found is called the Ritter hotel and Ritter is the surname of the lead singer of the All American Rejects who I've been like, totally in love with since I was 12.

I'm going to Milan. LOL.

OMG that's ridiculous.

Ah Jazzy so we will meet again :thumb_yello:. Faballa and I will go after the gig streight back to the airport. We meet in Munich or Vienna or both? I made my decision for Milan spontanly too few days before Christmas

Ah Jazzy so we will meet again :thumb_yello:. Faballa and I will go after the gig streight back to the airport. We meet in Munich or Vienna or both? I made my decision for Milan spontanly too few days before Christmas

We'll see each other in Vienna. I'm not doing Munich. Are you flying home straight after the gig? I'm going to stay 2 nights and do some sight seeing the day before the gig, in the morning on the day and the following day. I hope to make it into a little bit of a holiday. :biggrin2:

Fair enough....I'm entering all the codes from my vouchers so I can exchange them for airmiles now...oh Tesco, look what you've done to me!!!

And it's blatantly fate because the hotel I've found is called the Ritter hotel and Ritter is the surname of the lead singer of the All American Rejects who I've been like, totally in love with since I was 12.

I'm going to Milan. LOL.

OMG that's ridiculous.

No it's not, a gig is always enough justification! :biggrin2:

*Googles hotel* Nice area, which airport are you thinking of flying to?

We'll see each other in Vienna. I'm not doing Munich. Are you flying home straight after the gig? I'm going to stay 2 nights and do some sight seeing the day before the gig, in the morning on the day and the following day. I hope to make it into a little bit of a holiday. :biggrin2:

I have only two days off so I´ll come to Milan on 21. April in the early morning and will fly back very early next morning. No sightseeing for me this time, we will spend the night at the airport. I´m glad to meet you two times. :biggrin2:

No it's not, a gig is always enough justification! :biggrin2:

*Googles hotel* Nice area, which airport are you thinking of flying to?

I think it's Malpensa? Is that right? :roftl: Is it easy to get into the city from there?

I have only two days off so I´ll come to Milan on 21. April in the early morning and will fly back very early next morning. No sightseeing for me this time, we will spend the night at the airport. I´m glad to meet you two times. :biggrin2:

It will be lovely seeing you twice as well! Shame you won't be able to do any sightseeing, though perhaps you'll get another chance some other time.

Oh and BTW, I just bought a ticket. :aah:

I think it's Malpensa? Is that right? :roftl: Is it easy to get into the city from there?

It will be lovely seeing you twice as well! Shame you won't be able to do any sightseeing, though perhaps you'll get another chance some other time.

Oh and BTW, I just bought a ticket. :aah:

Good times!! :biggrin2:

Malpensa's the furthest away from the city, but the easiest one to get to. You've got a choice of train from Cadorna station (green line on the underground), or outside Central station (on the green too) there's coaches. The train takes around 40 minutes and the bus about an hour.

Btw I'm doing both Munich and Vienna :biggrin2:

Good times!! :biggrin2:

Malpensa's the furthest away from the city, but the easiest one to get to. You've got a choice of train from Cadorna station (green line on the underground), or outside Central station (on the green too) there's coaches. The train takes around 40 minutes and the bus about an hour.

Btw I'm doing both Munich and Vienna :biggrin2:

Okay, that sounds fairly easy. Thanks for the info! :thumb_yello:

And yay! I'll see you at Vienna! Party time!

This will actually be the biggest venue I've ever seen Mika play in. That's going to be a big moment!