MIKA @ Olympia, Dublin, Ireland

dcdeb

Irish weather is fairly unpredictable! But the average temperature for February would be about 10 degrees celcius I'd say! You'll more than likely need your winter jacket and woolies to be on the safe side, and your brolly to be sure. :naughty:

10 degrees ABOVE zero? i'm dreaming of temperatures like that in february in germany! :teehee: it's rather 10 degrees BELOW zero here! so looks like the wool winter jacket will do and i won't need the down one. :bleh:

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 degrees ABOVE zero? i'm dreaming of temperatures like that in february in germany! :teehee: it's rather 10 degrees BELOW zero here! so looks like the wool winter jacket will do and i won't need the down one. :bleh:

I know, and they call it winter!:teehee:

Hurrah. I'll See You! I am at Abigails Hostel with Vicky, Kath and Blue's there too.

:biggrin2:

I told my non mikafan friends that I was going to Dublin and they want to come to so we are going to stay for a week and I'm going to the concert that one day :teehee: :teehee:

Can't wait to see you again :thumb_yello:

I personally call it Not Wintery Enough - unless we get snow (and the last couple of years, we have in January) then it's not actually COLD. It's just a little chilly :biggrin2:

Sounds just wonderful to me! I would love to have winters like that!:thumb_yello:

Oh, no, I'd love snowy Winters. I can live with cold - I'm happy to wear layers. I'd LOVE snow. :biggrin2:

well snow is ok, it's only around zero when it snows. better than rain. :bleh: but the problem with snow is, that either a) it keeps snowing, then it'll stay there but soon you'll have too much of it or b) it stops snowing and gets icy cold, like it's often the case in germany - and although i love snow, i really hate that cold! or c) it stops snowing but doesn't get any colder, in this case the snow will soon turn into mud or will disappear.

so all in all, i'd be fine with going to the mountains (only an 1hr drive from where i live) if i want snow, and instead have it a bit warmer here. :bleh:

There's no way you can get over?

No, there really isn't. :tears: I could probably manage to get flights for about 500euros but I don't really have that to spare, and another, probably bigger issue is that I just can't take classes off... :(

No, there really isn't. :tears: I could probably manage to get flights for about 500euros but I don't really have that to spare, and another, probably bigger issue is that I just can't take classes off... :(

Oooh, shame that. Are you going to any of the U.S. shows?

Your not having much luck with this!:boxed:

lol I know!! Anyway, I would prefer to go to the Dublin one and meet all of ye... the fact of going to see Mika would kind of be secondary to that, lol. I just checked (I know, bad idea...) and I could get flights for E400. And that'd be only missing one day of class. But I think this is just me being silly :naughty:

Oh my lord I just saw the list....I'm going to miss meeting tonnes of MFCers! :tears:

OK i'm done complaining :mf_rosetinted::teehee:

I don't blame you one bit for complaining. I would do too if I lived in a small place and he came when I was at the other side of the world.

(How are you coping with American grammar? Is it doing your head in? :wink2:)

lol I know!! Anyway, I would prefer to go to the Dublin one and meet all of ye... the fact of going to see Mika would kind of be secondary to that, lol. I just checked (I know, bad idea...) and I could get flights for E400. And that'd be only missing one day of class. But I think this is just me being silly :naughty:

Be silly. You know you want to... :biggrin2:

Seriously?! I did not know it gets so cold in Germany!

Who needs the sunny Mediteranian when you have Ireland in February eh? :roftl:

I don't blame you one bit for complaining. I would do too if I lived in a small place and he came when I was at the other side of the world.

(How are you coping with American grammar? Is it doing your head in? :wink2:)

Be silly. You know you want to... :biggrin2:

Thanks Ruth! Seeing your name on the list makes me want to go all the more...I can't believe the only time we saw each other was Brixton!!

hahaha I'm working in linguistics so I get plenty of opportunities to say: "well this is how WE say it" :roftl:

lmao don't tempt me...my brother, who's 18, emailed me today saying "I like Mika but I'd only go if you were going too" :tears::wub2:

Thanks Ruth! Seeing your name on the list makes me want to go all the more...I can't believe the only time we saw each other was Brixton!!

hahaha I'm working in linguistics so I get plenty of opportunities to say: "well this is how WE say it" :roftl:

lmao don't tempt me...my brother, who's 18, emailed me today saying "I like Mika but I'd only go if you were going too" :tears::wub2:

You need to give in to the temptation..... Think of your poor brother :)

I'm standing. Front row. Just anyone try and stop me :naughty:

I actually keep forgetting about this gig (coz I very, very rarely go to gigs, like one every year or two years) and then I remember and I'm like,

OH YEAH!!!!

I actually keep forgetting about this gig (coz I very, very rarely go to gigs, like one every year or two years) and then I remember and I'm like,

OH YEAH!!!!

I've been thinking about it pretty much since it was announced! :naughty:

OH YEAH!!!!

HA! Im in the front row with you! Noone will stop us!:aah: