MIKA @ Colston Hall, Bristol

dcdeb

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to meeting some MFCers at last! Not gonna get there till gone 6 tho, once we get in, me and my (Non-MFC) friend will have glow stick necklaces on that I bought from poundland :biggrin2:

Really wish he could have come back to Bournemouth tho:sneaky2:

what time are people planning on getting there tomorrow? have a few things i need to get done before i can head off. And are people parking nearby? never been to bristol but i think from the website that theres a carpark behind the venue, is that right? just have to hope my little old car gets me there ok...

what time are people planning on getting there tomorrow? have a few things i need to get done before i can head off. And are people parking nearby? never been to bristol but i think from the website that theres a carpark behind the venue, is that right? just have to hope my little old car gets me there ok...

Yeah Rose said something about a car park round the back.

I wouldn't worry about getting there TOO early. The Hammersmith gigs were pretty hectic because everyone and their mums was going, but Bristol has a considerably smaller attendance.

Yes indeed, it's right behind it.

When you get into Bristol follow signs to the bus station, then after you go past it, stay in the left lane and just opposite the BRI hospital (with the giant lollipop sculpture in front, just before the lights, bear left down into Colston Road, it'll take you past the venue, and just at the end before you bend off to the left to go back onto the main road, swing right, and at the end of that short road, you'll see the car park:thumb_yello:

Yeah Rose said something about a car park round the back.

I wouldn't worry about getting there TOO early. The Hammersmith gigs were pretty hectic because everyone and their mums was going, but Bristol has a considerably smaller attendance.

def dont want to get there too early but also dont want to be too late either :roftl:

have school run to do before i leave, and have to go to the bank to pay in my wages, and also the supermarket in the next town for hubby who wants a specific meal for his dinner when i am out :sneaky2: so wont be heading off early. Also my little fig wont go above 70mph so it will be a slow old drive.... :roftl:

Who knows what time i will get home again afterwards :shocked:

Yes indeed, it's right behind it.

When you get into Bristol follow signs to the bus station, then after you go past it, stay in the left lane and just opposite the BRI hospital (with the giant lollipop sculpture in front, just before the lights, bear left down into Colston Road, it'll take you past the venue, and just at the end before you bend off to the left to go back onto the main road, swing right, and at the end of that short road, you'll see the car park:thumb_yello:

thanks Rose. A friend of mine lives in Bristol and she says its a multi storey carpark up a steep narrow road. is that right? will an old car with a small engine get up there ok? :shocked:

def dont want to get there too early but also dont want to be too late either :roftl:

have school run to do before i leave, and have to go to the bank to pay in my wages, and also the supermarket in the next town for hubby who wants a specific meal for his dinner when i am out :sneaky2: so wont be heading off early. Also my little fig wont go above 70mph so it will be a slow old drive.... :roftl:

Who knows what time i will get home again afterwards :shocked:

Have you got a figaro? :fangurl: They're gorrrrgeous!

You should have plenty of time though. There will be a few early birds who show up first thing but most people won't get there until late morning/early afternoon.

I can text you queue updates if you like?

Have you got a figaro? :fangurl: They're gorrrrgeous!

You should have plenty of time though. There will be a few early birds who show up first thing but most people won't get there until late morning/early afternoon.

I can text you queue updates if you like?

yes i have a little green figaro - my pride and joy :) she is called Lady Jane ;)

I was planning on maybe getting to Bristol for lunchtime but grabbing some food either for the queue or before i start queuing. sure you can text me - will message you my mobile :) what time you getting there then? x

thanks Rose. A friend of mine lives in Bristol and she says its a multi storey carpark up a steep narrow road. is that right? will an old car with a small engine get up there ok? :shocked:

It should be okay, it is a little steep, but take it steady and you should be alright:thumb_yello:

yes i have a little green figaro - my pride and joy :) she is called Lady Jane ;)

I was planning on maybe getting to Bristol for lunchtime but grabbing some food either for the queue or before i start queuing. sure you can text me - will message you my mobile :) what time you getting there then? x

Awwwwww I love figaros. They're amazing.

Well Viv and I are driving down tonight (learned from Glasgow that driving on the day puts me in a foul mood) so we can just check in on the queue mid morning and see what's happening.

Can you get one for Freddie too please! I had a text from him earlier saying that Mika is playing Wales, I thought that he had some inside info on a Cardiff gig, so I rang him up and it turns out he thought that Bristol is in Wales!:roftl:

(as if anyone from Sunderland, Scotland would know!:naughty:)

Awwwwww I love figaros. They're amazing.

Well Viv and I are driving down tonight (learned from Glasgow that driving on the day puts me in a foul mood) so we can just check in on the queue mid morning and see what's happening.

See you sooooon!

just booked my taxi fro 6am tomorrow ....yikes!:naughty:

I am collecting my daughter from school at 3.15pm, rushing her home to get changed and then leaving by 3.45pm. The journey should take just over an hour, but I have to allow a lot of time for getting lost and driving around around in circles, panicking. (I absolutely hate driving in cities and have only ever driven to Bristol once before)

Hope to see you all there at about 5.30pm!

I am collecting my daughter from school at 3.15pm, rushing her home to get changed and then leaving by 3.45pm. The journey should take just over an hour, but I have to allow a lot of time for getting lost and driving around around in circles, panicking. (I absolutely hate driving in cities and have only ever driven to Bristol once before)

Ooooh, can't wait!!!:wink2:

Ooooh, can't wait!!!:wink2:

Me neither!

I have got a map and and list of directions for Alice to read out to me (how are you supposed to read a map while driving? I've never worked that one out) I certainly couldn't do your job, Rose!

If all else fails I'll do what we I did in Birmingham and abandon the car in the nearest carpark and get a taxi to the venue!

Can't she change in the car?

The weather forecast is great so the waiting should be fun :wink2:

I'm getting SO excited to see all of you guys!!!:woot_jump:

Me to Rosey lee!!

I think the queue could be mega fun!! like Newscatle:teehee:

Getting excited now i've told Neil!!!:naughty:

any weather reports???

Me neither!

I have got a map and and list of directions for Alice to read out to me (how are you supposed to read a map while driving? I've never worked that one out) I certainly couldn't do your job, Rose!

If all else fails I'll do what we I did in Birmingham and abandon the car in the nearest carpark and get a taxi to the venue!

looking forward to seeing you!!

last time you were in charge of a wheelchair!!:teehee:

Can't she change in the car?

The weather forecast is great so the waiting should be fun :wink2:

Unfortunately not because it's complicated. I also have to collect her friend (who I usually look after for half an hour after school on Thursdays) and my son and take them home to dump on Mr Mika Mad who is supposed to be working from home.

Also, I will still be in my work clothes because I am working until 3pm.

It's all going to be a bit of a rush!