Mikas Magic Numbers UK Issue

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought that getting points for gig tickets was a bit odd, IMHO I think that it should be those who DON'T get to go to loads of gigs that should get the top prizes. *shrugs*

I think it should be a system not based on money , but then again thats exactly what it is ... a system where you spend more you get more

The ticket thing is almost like a "loophole" in affect

This is being looked into and fixed for you, we will be in contact with customers as soon after we have the go ahead from our technical team,

Thank you for your patience

Kind regards

thanks Fred. I booked tickets for the second Hammersmith gig a few days ago and got codes for those, but still haven't received codes for the second ticket I bought for the first Hammersmith gig weeks ago. Strange.

I asked why we weren't getting points for the Japanese tickets, and they said it was because third party promoters refused to get involved.

However, I pointed out to them that the system was unfairly stacked in favour of UK/Europe/US fans, and that anyway, I believed someone was cheating the system to get so many points ahead...with all those ticket purchases.

You know, I don't go to gigs, and I am as high as 65th in the contest. Well I could NAME almost all 64 of those people ahead of me, because they are sure to be MFCers going to gigs who write on here...we are the most enthusiastic fans after all...

So I wrote and complained.:sneaky2:

I loved their response.

They wrote that someone " may well be cheating at the moment and believe me that they will not win! We are not stupid here :-)"

So whoever you are, you have been forewarned.:mf_rosetinted:

Yeah deffinitely someone that lives in the UK will win this..:sad:

I asked why we weren't getting points for the Japanese tickets, and they said it was because third party promoters refused to get involved.

However, I pointed out to them that the system was unfairly stacked in favour of UK/Europe/US fans, and that anyway, I believed someone was cheating the system to get so many points ahead...with all those ticket purchases.

You know, I don't go to gigs, and I am as high as 65th in the contest. Well I could NAME almost all 64 of those people ahead of me, because they are sure to be MFCers going to gigs who write on here...we are the most enthusiastic fans after all...

I loved their response.

They wrote that someone " may well be cheating at the moment and believe me that they will not win! We are not stupid here :-)"

Oh my God! Drama!

I love it. :biggrin2:

Yeah deffinitely someone that lives in the UK will win this..:sad:

Not really, some people fly in from other countries and do lots of UK dates. We might get lots of extra little gigs like La Scala or Bloomsbury but we don't get points for them.

I think it should be a system not based on money , but then again thats exactly what it is ... a system where you spend more you get more

The ticket thing is almost like a "loophole" in affect

effect** :naughty::roftl:

Sorry :teehee:

ANYWAY...OMG look at how many posts you have! :shocked:

This is off topic but: Caz, I'm hopless at English so can you clear something up for me? When is it effect and when is it affect? I never got the hang of that one! :wink2:

Eekkkk thanks .. yeh .. its a stupid amount isnt it!! :shocked:

over 40,000 and I hardly post on a weekend ! scary

<must get a life>

Oh so you mean if I bought tix to a random gig I could just enter the codes in and then sell the tix on eBay or whatever? :blink:

Errrrr no you should not but some people with lots of money and poor morales "might"

<must get a life>

Errrrr no you should not but some people with lots of money and poor morales "might"

Yeah that's not fair, :blink: I hope no one has done that..

<must get a life>

Yeah that's not fair, :blink: I hope no one has done that..

It seems that they won't let that happen, but to be honest I don't think it's people cheating that is the flaw here, it's the way MMN it's self works, like Fred said it's about money.

If you can afford to do all the igs in your country then fly somewhere else and do more then you are really going to rack up the points (not that I'm being nasty about anyone doing that, man, I wish I could do that!) so it's going to be someone who has seen Mika a large number of times that gets the top prizes. Which to me kinda defets the object of having prizes like that. They are supposed to be money can't buy, which is clearly not true when you look at it!

Not really, some people fly in from other countries and do lots of UK dates. We might get lots of extra little gigs like La Scala or Bloomsbury but we don't get points for them.

Not to rub it in to people who haven't had these sort of privileges, but those things were worth more than points :wub2: (maybe apart from the private acoustic gig that points can give you lol :naughty:)

It seems that they won't let that happen, but to be honest I don't think it's people cheating that is the flaw here, it's the way MMN it's self works, like Fred said it's about money.

If you can afford to do all the igs in your country then fly somewhere else and do more then you are really going to rack up the points (not that I'm being nasty about anyone doing that, man, I wish I could do that!) so it's going to be someone who has seen Mika a large number of times that gets the top prizes. Which to me kinda defets the object of having prizes like that. They are supposed to be money can't buy, which is clearly not true when you look at it!

hear hear.

This is off topic but: Caz, I'm hopless at English so can you clear something up for me? When is it effect and when is it affect? I never got the hang of that one! :wink2:

"I really like those sound effects you put in your film, it really gives a sense of emotion and hope the audience is affected by it."

affect is more personal whereas effect is just more of a...thing. It's a bit difficult to describe, I think, but hope the sentence made it clearer. :thumb_yello:

About these tickets and selling them. I had bought tickets to the LA gig. We had a really short notice to buy these NA tickets. I knew I wanted to travel there, and I had two choices, New York and LA, so I bought tickets to both. Well, I realized later that the NYC gig was during autumn holiday week (meaning kids had days off from school) so we decided to travel together with my husband, to NYC and Boston. Meaning I didn't go to LA. But I had bought those tickets so I used my magic points. I could have sold them and not used my points, but I knew I wouldn't sell them, I never sell my spare tickets on eBay etc. I just don't have time or energy to do that.

So, I decided to do nothing with my LA tickets, except to use my points. But Mellody (who had travelled to LA) didn't get her ticket, so I offered to give my ticket to her. Of course I offered, because she was already in LA, but didn't have any ticket! She managed to get a ticket from box office, and I was happy for her. I told I don't want money for it, because I had used my points and she said it was okay.

I think this whole magic points system is funny... And I think it is possible that no one will ever get any prizes :roftl: We all know how things work in Mika world :wink2: Actually I don't mind. It's the thought that counts (how do you say it English?) I was there when he told about this system in Milan, and he was like a little boy when he talked about it, I think he really liked the idea :wub2: But all meetings MFCers have already had with him are far more valuable than any "prize M&G", IMO.

About these tickets and selling them. I had bought tickets to the LA gig. We had a really short notice to buy these NA tickets. I knew I wanted to travel there, and I had two choices, New York and LA, so I bought tickets to both. Well, I realized later that the NYC gig was during autumn holiday week (meaning kids had days off from school) so we decided to travel together with my husband, to NYC and Boston. Meaning I didn't go to LA. But I had bought those tickets so I used my magic points. I could have sold them and not used my points, but I knew I wouldn't sell them, I never sell my spare tickets on eBay etc. I just don't have time or energy to do that.

So, I decided to do nothing with my LA tickets, except to use my points. But Mellody (who had travelled to LA) didn't get her ticket, so I offered to give my ticket to her. Of course I offered, because she was already in LA, but didn't have any ticket! She managed to get a ticket from box office, and I was happy for her. I told I don't want money for it, because I had used my points and she said it was okay.

I think this whole magic points system is funny... And I think it is possible that no one will ever get any prizes :roftl: We all know how things work in Mika world :wink2: Actually I don't mind. It's the thought that counts (how do you say it English?) I was there when he told about this system in Milan, and he was like a little boy when he talked about it, I think he really liked the idea :wub2: But all meetings MFCers have already had with him are far more valuable than any "prize M&G", IMO.

No problem with that whatsoever, I think we all mean people who buy the tickets with the intention of selling them, on whist keeping the MMN.

I also agree that I've had some experiences that no prize could match...well..maybe a private gig could match it! But that's because I've been to many gigs and I've been lucky, which only goes to further towards my point that the "top prizes" should be going to those who haven't had those chances!

Oh and Caz, thanks that helped! :thumb_yello:

yes, he quite excited, bless him.. :wub2:

Oooh. I have just read the first post in this thread and that solves my problem as I didn't have any MMN with my Sheffield tickets and after I told them the email addressed I registered with they didn't get back to me again.

Here's hoping I'll get them, although it doesn't matter too much, it'll just be nice to have them :)

Oooh. I have just read the first post in this thread and that solves my problem as I didn't have any MMN with my Sheffield tickets and after I told them the email addressed I registered with they didn't get back to me again.

Here's hoping I'll get them, although it doesn't matter too much, it'll just be nice to have them :)

very nice, yes, esp. as we spent extr amoney to get the ticks off MS :sneaky2:

BTW, I just checked and I dropped down quite remarkably in the chart: am now # 202th :naughty:

I loved their response.

Ha ha :naughty:

I bought two tickets for a gig and used the codes for points but obviously I'm going with a friend. She just didn't want her points. So I can see that's unfair. But I think I'll drop way down the list when other people claim their points, I was pleasingly high but there are lots who have had points problems. And the chance of winning when the winner has 10 times more than me? Well I'm not even thinking of winning.:sneaky2:

very nice, yes, esp. as we spent extr amoney to get the ticks off MS :sneaky2:

BTW, I just checked and I dropped down quite remarkably in the chart: am now # 202th :naughty:

I was horrified that I'd 'bought into' this scheme. It really did make me buy as soon as I could but for general admission I should have waited....

I bet there aren't many points between you and me!

I loved their response.

hehe, i like this. :naughty:

about the cheating with tickets... i don't think it's a problem if occasionally you buy one for a friend and use their magic numbers or if you find out you can't go after all and have already used your codes... i mean, who cares about 5000 points more or less, if you need 500.000. :bleh: it's just not fair if someone does it on purpose and buys tickets for every show or many tickets for the shows they're going to, in order to sell or not use them. of which the latter is also unfair towards those who might not be able to get tickets anymore if the show sells out.

i agree that it's about money... but i think mika's plan is to get away from it, i don't think he wants it to be about money, but about those who support him most. ok this does involve money, as in travelling + buying tickets, cd's etc.. but first, his plan is to give magic numbers for MFC posts (for those who haven't read about this, he told me once when i met him). tbh, i'm not sure they can realize it, but that's what mika would like to see. and second, they've started giving away magic numbers as prizes for competitions, like the wag video comp. or the US competition (for which you only had to go to one gig to be able to win i think?)... if they do more stuff like that, also those who can't spend a lot of money will be able to get one of the bigger prizes. i agree, probably not the private gig... but that's something that'd still be the ultimate dream for someone who has already seen/met mika a zillion times. and you can't buy it with money alone, you also need to have patience and spend this money over several years (probably) until you get to the 500.000 points. AND be faster than most of the others who take part in the magic numbers system, as there'll only be 5 winners of the private gig, iirc.

something i'm still wondering, do we know yet whether from the 100.000 points prizes on, you'll lose the points if you want the prize? it'd make sense, otherwise the winners of the private gig would get all the other stuff as well... :blink:

and in case anyone's wondering: i'm not even in the top 10 (ok i'm close, but not yet... :bleh:), although i really travel a lot & upload many pix+videos... i think you also have to spend a lot of time on mikasounds.com, commenting all the pix+vids you can find, and tbh i prefer to spend my time on the forums. :bleh:

hehe, i like this. :naughty:

about the cheating with tickets... i don't think it's a problem if occasionally you buy one for a friend and use their magic numbers or if you find out you can't go after all and have already used your codes... i mean, who cares about 5000 points more or less, if you need 500.000. :bleh: it's just not fair if someone does it on purpose and buys tickets for every show or many tickets for the shows they're going to, in order to sell or not use them. of which the latter is also unfair towards those who might not be able to get tickets anymore if the show sells out.

i agree that it's about money... but i think mika's plan is to get away from it, i don't think he wants it to be about money, but about those who support him most. ok this does involve money, as in travelling + buying tickets, cd's etc.. but first, his plan is to give magic numbers for MFC posts (for those who haven't read about this, he told me once when i met him). tbh, i'm not sure they can realize it, but that's what mika would like to see. and second, they've started giving away magic numbers as prizes for competitions, like the wag video comp. or the US competition (for which you only had to go to one gig to be able to win i think?)... if they do more stuff like that, also those who can't spend a lot of money will be able to get one of the bigger prizes. i agree, probably not the private gig... but that's something that'd still be the ultimate dream for someone who has already seen/met mika a zillion times. and you can't buy it with money alone, you also need to have patience and spend this money over several years (probably) until you get to the 500.000 points. AND be faster than most of the others who take part in the magic numbers system, as there'll only be 5 winners of the private gig, iirc.

something i'm still wondering, do we know yet whether from the 100.000 points prizes on, you'll lose the points if you want the prize? it'd make sense, otherwise the winners of the private gig would get all the other stuff as well... :blink:

and in case anyone's wondering: i'm not even in the top 10 (ok i'm close, but not yet... :bleh:), although i really travel a lot & upload many pix+videos... i think you also have to spend a lot of time on mikasounds.com, commenting all the pix+vids you can find, and tbh i prefer to spend my time on the forums. :bleh:

I agree with you here. When I first saw the magic numbers, I went completely crazy and brought a t-shirt for no reason. For people who don't have a lot of money to spend, it is really patronising that people who are mega rich have a better chance of getting the big prizes. At one point, I was 19th but now I can't really be bothered because i'm a student and know I wont win the big prizes so i'm 91st.

With the tickets, I buy 2 because my Dad likes Mika too, so he comes with me, but we work together on the numbers to get as high as we can so I get his points too. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Like with Hammersmith coming up, my little sister is coming too, but she said I can have her numbers as well as mine and my Dads, so if they say i'm cheating, i'm not!

I have proof that i'm not as bad as others because I have had 10,000 points through gigs (2 to Sadlers wells and 2 to Munich) and maybe 7,500 for Hammersmith if I can go.