Mikas Magic Numbers UK Issue

FREDDIESDOUBLE

I have actually thought of a good...ish idea!

Buy tickets like usual, without the points, but if they have been brought through sandbag, they should have a little stamp or something on the ticket(s) and at the doors of the venue, to be given a strip of paper or card or something with the number(s) on it and voila, you get your points. That way people wont be buying tickets for the points because it's pointless.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy tickets like usual, without the points, but if they have been brought through sandbag, they should have a little stamp or something on the ticket(s) and at the doors of the venue, to be given a strip of paper or card or something with the number(s) on it and voila, you get your points. That way people wont be buying tickets for the points because it's pointless.

That's a plan, probably unachievable knowing what the doors of these places are like :roftl:

It would be - i) card with the number or ii) front row. No contest!

The other problem is the whole "group entry" thing, which despite the rules or prcautions I think will still happen. People agree to give their codes to someone else for the guarentee they will be able to attend the privatye gig or M&G for example.

I don't agree with gettin points for posting, even if it's Vids or pics because it isn't closely monitored enough. On MS I've seen some people repeatedly post the same smiley on comments and I've seen people posting MY PICS which really annoyed me!

As for posts on here, we talk about alot of nonesense and very often wander off topic as it is so how do you decide if a post is points worthy?

I like that there are more points been given away in contests, I think it's he only fair way to do it, maybe the contests should be linked to purchases; if you buy an album you get to enter a draw for point etc.

i agree that it's about money... but i think mika's plan is to get away from it, i don't think he wants it to be about money, but about those who support him most. ok this does involve money, as in travelling + buying tickets, cd's etc.. but first, his plan is to give magic numbers for MFC posts (for those who haven't read about this, he told me once when i met him). tbh, i'm not sure they can realize it, but that's what mika would like to see. and second, they've started giving away magic numbers as prizes for competitions, like the wag video comp. or the US competition (for which you only had to go to one gig to be able to win i think?)... if they do more stuff like that, also those who can't spend a lot of money will be able to get one of the bigger prizes. i agree, probably not the private gig... but that's something that'd still be the ultimate dream for someone who has already seen/met mika a zillion times. and you can't buy it with money alone, you also need to have patience and spend this money over several years (probably) until you get to the 500.000 points. AND be faster than most of the others who take part in the magic numbers system, as there'll only be 5 winners of the private gig, iirc.

something i'm still wondering, do we know yet whether from the 100.000 points prizes on, you'll lose the points if you want the prize? it'd make sense, otherwise the winners of the private gig would get all the other stuff as well... :blink:

his plan is to give magic numbers for MFC posts

Interesting idea, I had heard a rumour, but nothing more.

you also need to have patience and spend this money over several years (probably)

Yes, it was said: it's a marathon, not a sprint.... which is fair enough. I know I was lucky to be in pretty early, but that was a fluke - seeing him on jools (3 years ago now :) ) but some are only just hearing about him, and plenty are too young to join in with the spending. And still more have never seen him, not once!

something i'm still wondering, do we know yet whether from the 100.000 points prizes on, you'll lose the points if you want the prize? it'd make sense, otherwise the winners of the private gig would get all the other stuff as well... :blink:

Yes. They would. Which would not be fair, but it may be the fact.

Like our MFCers who live near eanough to London to be able to enjoy the ice cream van, the free gig, the TV appearances and the free booze night. It's tough but it can't be helped. Sometimes life is tough.

But the idea is good, Mika wants to reward us and it won't do his profitability any harm either.

The other problem is the whole "group entry" thing, which despite the rules or prcautions I think will still happen. People agree to give their codes to someone else for the guarentee they will be able to attend the privatye gig or M&G for example.

Something on the website says that you can't pool your points.... I'm sure I read it right at the start of the nectar (ooooops!) Mikapoints...

Something on the website says that you can't pool your points.... I'm sure I read it right at the start of the nectar (ooooops!) Mikapoints...

Yep it does, which is why I said despite the rules! ou can buy 20 T shirts on one account for your friends that give you the money and cliam they are all for personal use...

Whatever you do there will ALWAYS be people that try to abuse it :mf_rosetinted:

Yep it does, which is why I said despite the rules! ou can buy 20 T shirts on one account for your friends that give you the money and cliam they are all for personal use...

Whatever you do there will ALWAYS be people that try to abuse it :mf_rosetinted:

Imagine 20 friends who like Mika - I wish - and who like the T shirts (and who could fit into them.....) I like the new stalker T shirt but I really didn't like the acoustic tour one and resisted buying it even to sleep in!

hehe, i like this. :naughty:

about the cheating with tickets... i don't think it's a problem if occasionally you buy one for a friend and use their magic numbers or if you find out you can't go after all and have already used your codes... i mean, who cares about 5000 points more or less, if you need 500.000. :bleh: it's just not fair if someone does it on purpose and buys tickets for every show or many tickets for the shows they're going to, in order to sell or not use them. of which the latter is also unfair towards those who might not be able to get tickets anymore if the show sells out.

i agree that it's about money... but i think mika's plan is to get away from it, i don't think he wants it to be about money, but about those who support him most. ok this does involve money, as in travelling + buying tickets, cd's etc.. but first, his plan is to give magic numbers for MFC posts (for those who haven't read about this, he told me once when i met him). tbh, i'm not sure they can realize it, but that's what mika would like to see. and second, they've started giving away magic numbers as prizes for competitions, like the wag video comp. or the US competition (for which you only had to go to one gig to be able to win i think?)... if they do more stuff like that, also those who can't spend a lot of money will be able to get one of the bigger prizes. i agree, probably not the private gig... but that's something that'd still be the ultimate dream for someone who has already seen/met mika a zillion times. and you can't buy it with money alone, you also need to have patience and spend this money over several years (probably) until you get to the 500.000 points. AND be faster than most of the others who take part in the magic numbers system, as there'll only be 5 winners of the private gig, iirc.

and in case anyone's wondering: i'm not even in the top 10 (ok i'm close, but not yet... :bleh:), although i really travel a lot & upload many pix+videos... i think you also have to spend a lot of time on mikasounds.com, commenting all the pix+vids you can find, and tbh i prefer to spend my time on the forums. :bleh:

I think it's important to him that's it not about money, but something like patience and dedication? 500 000 is a huge amount of points :aah: It can't be collected in year or two.

I just can't see the point to comment if there is really nothing to say :blink: It would be nicer to read "real" comments under his blog posts etc. like it used to be earlier.

And I think someone wrote earlier (in another thread?) that you don't lose your points if you want the prizes.

I think it's important to him that's it not about money, but something like patience and dedication? 500 000 is a huge amount of points :aah: It can't be collected in year or two.

I just can't see the point to comment if there is really nothing to say :blink: It would be nicer to read "real" comments under his blog posts etc. like it used to be earlier.

And I think someone wrote earlier (in another thread?) that you don't lose your points if you want the prizes.

i knew that about the prizes like music+videos, which are not limited... but do we know for sure if it's also true for the limited prizes? if it is, then i'm wondering about that 150.000 points person, they would've gotten 2 of the big prizes by now but the mikasounds team still isn't sure whether they're cheating? :blink:

about the comments, you can report them if they're inappropriate, and i think if this feature is used by many, the mikasounds team will be able to recognize which users keep writing nonsense to collect points. ok well i don't know how well this feature works, i have reported a smiley comment that was posted 10x, but haven't checked back whether they deleted it. it can work though, if they are watching it.

well, it says somewhere on the site that they'll be checking where the person got the points from for the big prizes... so if they do their work properly, i don't think it'll work that someone buys 20 of the same t-shirt and gets all the magic numbers for it, as it is clearly stated that pooling the points is not allowed.

about the pictures, at least they're aware of the problem meanwhile, as they've added another point to the image upload rules:

2. Images, whether photographs or pictures, should be produced by the person uploading them

this wasn't there a few weeks ago, so let's hope they're working on the problem. :wink2: i still think they should add the possibility to report pictures, like comments, so you can report it if someone's uploading your pix.

as i said, i think the whole thing can work, they just need to get it right. :wink2:

I have received the badget set yesterday but no points with them.

I wrote to sandbag and they just gave me the link to Mikasounds website so I was wondering if other people have received their badge set. Thanks.

I have just purchased some merchandise but taking into account that I can't even log into my account I'd better not worry wondering about my Magic Mika points :teehee:

2. Images, whether photographs or pictures, should be produced by the person uploading them

Oh! and it's just to annoy that I uploaded some clips on YouTube that at the moment weren't there and not somebody replicates them on YouTube but also they upload it to Mikasounds. Well, as long as they accept repeated material, but if they do...what a loss of resources! they'd better check on that a bit! and let upload to the ones who take the clips, the vids, or the rip wherever... I know it's difficult but there should be something.

Interesting on the rest of the comments , the codes are checked against the address they were purchased so "officially" you cant pool

Which is a pity. Because pooling them with other real fans would be better than standing in your living room for a private gig with family who can't stand him :roftl:

Which is a pity. Because pooling them with other real fans would be better than standing in your living room for a private gig with family who can't stand him :roftl:

don't think it'll be forbidden to invite other fans... maybe just because you like them and not because they gave you their points... :naughty: and if it's really "just family", then i'd become a polygamic lesbian for that evening, lol! :lmao:

nah, just looked at the site again and it says "for you and a small group of friends". :wink2:

I actually didnt think pooling was such a bad idea , we could of had at least one MFC group thing if not more ..

Its like pooling in the national lottery :biggrin2:

Maybe this is the wrong thread to post this in but I am having an issue with the Mika Points as well.

I figured it out and I knew that there was no way anyone could get to 500,000 points unless they spent tons of cash. But I thought if I worked on it and said Hello or Welcome to everyone in the Mikasounds community that I could make a few points. Somedays I would spend hours on the site because I did it one profile at a time. I made a lot of friends and had lots of comments on my site. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong by being friendly.

Since Monday, I haven't been able to access my profile on Mikasounds. After 4 days of constant emails, all of which were ignored by the way, I was finally told that I was a "persistant spammer" and had been banned from Mikasounds. Banned! I don't even care about the silly Mika points but I lost my friends list, all the nice comments others wrote and my ablility to post anything on there.

They could have just taken my points away but to ban me seems a little extreme. I am really hurt about this. I have supported Mika's career in every way that I could since 2007. I have purchased everything I could, I have told everyone about him (which is difficult in Montana because absolutely no one knows who he is), drove 800 miles to see him in concert... I have sung his praises from the tallest mountain. Now, I am banned from the website. Maybe, I'm taking it a little hard but I cried today for quite awhile. It was like a kick in the gut. Here you are, you supported the guy, now get out.

I actually think if Mika knew that this had happened, he would be pretty upset about it as well. I wasn't trying to cheat, I actually liked meeting others and by greeting them seemed like an awesome way to do that. The whole idea of "community" seemed to be a very Mika-ish thing but when the Magic Numbers started, things went downhill fast.

I figured it out and I knew that there was no way anyone could get to 500,000 points unless they spent tons of cash.

But this is exactly the idea. If you value him so much that you purchase his music (rather than downloading it for free) and go to many of his gigs, he feels obliged to pay you back / honour your efforts by giving you a free private gig...

There is nothing wrong with that.

But I thought if I worked on it and said Hello or Welcome to everyone in the Mikasounds community that I could make a few points.

If everyone did the same the site would not only crash but it would be unreadable. I never read comments there anyway because I don't value one word comments like 'Great' 'Hi' or I love you'. People with an opinion have already learnt to come to MFC because of this.

Therefore, I disagree with the fact that the system is crediting fans commenting or posting irrelevant photos and bad quality videos. That site has no genuine fan activity going on at all but a desparate treasure hunt for points.:sneaky2:

I hope they will change the system otherwise it ill look like Mika has fans who are uncapable for writing more that 5 words in a post. (:cool:)

PS: I wouldn't blame you, though. You simply tried to make use of the way the system was set up. Now they now have to eat what they have cooked.

Thank you Suzie. You are right. I know the whole idea was to reward people for buying Mika items and going to gigs. But how are we who live in the middle of nowhere...the closest gig I went to was still 800 miles away and took 2 days to get to...supposed to support Mika? I would love to go to every single concert but can't. And I do buy all of his music. I do not copy any artist's music...it is just wrong. I actually purchased 27 copies of TBWKTM to give away to friends to try and spread his music and the magic numbers only counts for one of those CDs. So I did that out of my love for his music not because I made points for it. I would have done it anyway.

It just hurt to be called a spammer and have my profile suspended. They could have just told me to stop and I would have. They could have taken away my points but left my profile alone. I would have understood. But to call me a "persistant spammer" really hurt. I am not a bad person. I did make friends on the Mikasounds site and now I can't contact them to tell them what happened. So what do I do now?

I also ordered some T-shirts and bags from the Mika store at about the time my profile was suspended. They had no problem debiting my credit card but my order is now "On Hold". I wasn't ordering for the points...they were for Christmas presents. Last year, I gave all my friends Mika's Paris DVD for Christmas (I purchased 10 copies of it with no magic numbers involved)...it's like a Pandora thing to give. Now, am I going to get my order? And when you try and contact anyone from the website, they never answer back.

Believe it or not, I am feeling better about this. I just can't go on the Mikasounds site for awhile. I think it helps to come here and just vent a little. Thank you for listening!

An afterthought....the only thing I wanted from the Magic Numbers was the signed, framed artwork. I knew the free concert was not going to happen and the other things I didn't really want. But the artwork...artwork by Mika, signed by him would have made me incredibly happy.

I have a feeling that if anyone gets close enough to 500,000 points they will discontinue the contest. According to the rules, they have the right to cancel at anytime. So I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen as well.

I actually didnt think pooling was such a bad idea , we could of had at least one MFC group thing if not more ..

Its like pooling in the national lottery :biggrin2:

A syndicate? Yes, that would work for me. As long as I was in it!

I've never wanted a big win on the real lottery but when they were speculating about these two tickets for £45 million on the TV this morning, I found myself dreaming of where and when I would book Mika gigs if I had loadsa money.

Pity I didn't buy a ticket :roftl:

It just hurt to be called a spammer and have my profile suspended. They could have just told me to stop and I would have. They could have taken away my points but left my profile alone. I would have understood. But to call me a "persistant spammer" really hurt. I am not a bad person. I did make friends on the Mikasounds site and now I can't contact them to tell them what happened. So what do I do now?

i agree with the bolded part. they should warn people before blocking accounts. like, i'm always unsure what they'd see as "many similar pictures" when uploading photos. do they just mean screenshots of every nanosecond of a video? or are the pictures already too similar if i take 10 pictures of mika with different face expressions during one song at a gig? will i suddenly find my account blocked one day because of posting 50 or 60 pix i took during one gig?

maybe in this case it was more obvious, if you just posted smileys and stuff, and ppl reported your comments as inappropriate... but still, i agree they should warn people before they block accounts - early enough, and not only when they figured you were a "persistant spammer" (they must've been watching that for a while if they say so!). if someone still doesn't stop then, sure, they should block them! but not just like this. and not without any notice - can't they even write an e-mail to the person whose account they're blocking, so he/she knows?! as much as i hate spam on MS, but sorry, this non-existant communication sucks. :boxed: why do they call it community in the first place, if they aren't able to communicate?! :aah:

bout the other thing you said though, that they'd cancel it... i'm sure mika wouldn't let this happen. :thumb_yello: that part in the terms+conditions is probably just for the case like, if mika loses his voice forever or similar severe unforseeable circumstances that hopefully won't happen, that they can't be made liable.

I also ordered some T-shirts and bags from the Mika store at about the time my profile was suspended. They had no problem debiting my credit card but my order is now "On Hold". I wasn't ordering for the points...they were for Christmas presents. Last year, I gave all my friends Mika's Paris DVD for Christmas (I purchased 10 copies of it with no magic numbers involved)...it's like a Pandora thing to give. Now, am I going to get my order? And when you try and contact anyone from the website, they never answer back.

The shop is separate from the main website. It is run by Sandbag so whatever issues you're having with Mikasounds should not be affecting your order. They are normally very responsive to emails, so try mika@sandbag.uk.com and ask them why your order has been placed on hold.

Sorry about your problems with Mikasounds. I agree with you that implementing the points program has not been helpful to forming a community there.

An afterthought....the only thing I wanted from the Magic Numbers was the signed, framed artwork. I knew the free concert was not going to happen and the other things I didn't really want. But the artwork...artwork by Mika, signed by him would have made me incredibly happy.

I have a feeling that if anyone gets close enough to 500,000 points they will discontinue the contest. According to the rules, they have the right to cancel at anytime. So I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen as well.

So sorry to hear what happened to you!:blink:

I have no right to judge, I quite simply know too little about Mikasounds and websites in general, and how things like that works but, I'm very tempted to say "I told you so" about the whole point system!:sneaky2:

Personally I lost all interest in the whole thing the minute I learned that I wasn't even able to give my points to my friends :sneaky2: who are really interested in collecting them. I have bought lots of stuff but I'm not interested to win any of their prices and I can’t be bothered to collect the points, too lazy I’m afraid!:teehee:

And the old laptop I use at the moment doesn’t even read DVD’s!:biggrin2:

Mikasounds if you hear me…please let me give away my points to whoever I want!

The shop is separate from the main website. It is run by Sandbag so whatever issues you're having with Mikasounds should not be affecting your order. They are normally very responsive to emails, so try mika@sandbag.uk.com and ask them why your order has been placed on hold.

I did write an email to Sandbag and they responded quite quickly. My order was on hold because they were waiting for more items to arrive in order to ship it out. This was a relief!

The "spamming" I was supposedly doing was saying "Hello" or "Welcome" to everyone who signed up. I went to each individual profile and said hello. If the profile contained information such as their name, I would say Hello (their name). It took a great deal of my time to do this. I also made other comments as well and always tried to be positive to everyone. It's funny that it didn't matter that I was doing this in order to receive the smaller prizes...it was when I notified them that I had reached 100,000 points that, all of the sudden, I was a "spammer".

I am pretty much over it now. I still love Mika's voice and always will. And I will always support him and his music. No one can take that away from me.

This is a very very interesting point of view actually