The "what am I doing with my life?" thread

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I'm attending High School.

When I'm finished I want to go to university and major in Psychology.

Then get into something of that sort or maybe advertising.

:biggrin2:

THAT has always been my DREAM!!!! :wub2:

Psychology is awesome, I studied it for a year and have since read the entire coursebook (which would have lasted all three years had I kept it on). I wouldn't really like to pursue it as a career though I don't think, so I'm content with the undergraduate extent of my knowledge. It's a great area though, extremely fascinating.

I've been thinking about this subject so much lately that I don't even want to post about it:boxed:. Here's where I'm lucky to be a determinist. I can put faith in the fact that whatever will happen is going to happen.:teehee:

I've been thinking about this subject so much lately that I don't even want to post about it:boxed:. Here's where I'm lucky to be a determinist. I can put faith in the fact that whatever will happen is going to happen.:teehee:

At the risk of starting a Philosophical debate, things will only happen as they would happen if you didn't address this topic.... if you adressed it things would happen differently, although still causally :roftl: That's the difference between determinism and pre-determination.

At the risk of starting a Philosophical debate, things will only happen as they would happen if you didn't address this topic.... if you adressed it things would happen differently, although still causally :roftl: That's the difference between determinism and pre-determination.

Oww sorry, I don't understand that :roftl: It's way too late over here :aah:

Tee hee, don't worry, it's the mistake that anyone who hasn't done philosophy or science for three years in Uni makes!! :naughty:

Mwahaha, I didn't mean it in a philosophical sense either, I just said a word I linked with what I meant :blush-anim-cl:

To end a nice quote to explain what I mean and which probably explains why I said the d-word :roftl: "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."

And since I'm juggling quotes here :mf_rosetinted:

"que sera sera"

"whatever will be will be"

"go with the flow" :roftl:

I dunno, I guess I'll just see where I end up:teehee:

time for me to go to bed! Adios!

WHAT DO I LIKE DOING: Singing, dancing, acting, drawing, writing

WHAT DO I WANT FROM LIFE: Success

WHERE DOES THIS LEAVE ME? : Right back on square one. Great plan Caroline.

I studied A-Level English Combined (Got a B overall, with high A's on some papers, which is why I'm considering writing for teen mags Mana), Drama and Media Studies (would also go well with magazines).

I also studied childcare for a year and counselling for a year.

I've been dancing since I was 4, I'm also an untrained singer.

It's hard to find a job! Also if you're not sure what you want to do! Something will happen though and it'll hit you and you'll KNOW what you're meant to do in life!

I think working for a magazine would be fun! That was one of my dreams but not anymore because magazines here are folding so it's not the smartest choice for me to try to do.

Out of singing, writing, dancing, drawing and acting what do you love to do the most?

RIGHT NOW - what I am doing with my life, is raising my kids well. And doing a damn good job if I do say so myself. My boys are 100 times more MEN then their fathers could have ever even dreamt of being. But, in 3 years Austin is going to college . . M.I.T . . and Alysia will soon follow him (not to Boston) but to his own chosen college <hopefully in Florida> THE REAL QUESTION FOR ME, will begin at that moment! WHAT THE EFF am I going to do without them? I have had a baby/child/kid with me since I could do algebra. I HONESTLY do not know WHAT I AM GOING to do with my life in just a couple years. My life has never ever before been 'my own' I don't think I have a CLUE what to do with myself! I am going to be SO lost. I can't even think about it right now! :no:

Empty-nest Syndrome. My mom was afraid she was going to get that when I left for college 4 years ago. I think she did fine though. If you have a close relationship with your kids then I think all will be fine. I'm close to my mom so I ended up calling home daily whereas some others did it weekly. I think if your sons do that you'll get through it fine. :)

If not, maybe you could get into a job as a daycare worker? There will be a bunch of kids to take care of. :naughty:

pufffffffff

i have an idea of what i`m gonna do with my life.... i want to study medicine :biggrin2:

Maria Laura Zalazar M.D :mf_rosetinted: i can see that in my future :aah:

but i`m quite worried about something.. studying medicine is the most expensive thing i could`ve thought :aah: about $1500 a month :boxed:

and in a way i`m not sure about studying it.. it`s very very hard... about 6 years only to a doctor.. and then the intership about another 2 years.. and then for example to be a pediatrician another 3 years... :boxed:

It really is a shame that schooling costs so much. :no: If it's your dream though then do it! Just never lose site once you start working and tell people that their pain is all in their head. I'm not fond of those doctors and walked around on a fractured leg for a month because of one.

Empty-nest Syndrome. My mom was afraid she was going to get that when I left for college 4 years ago. I think she did fine though. If you have a close relationship with your kids then I think all will be fine. I'm close to my mom so I ended up calling home daily whereas some others did it weekly. I think if your sons do that you'll get through it fine. :)

If not, maybe you could get into a job as a daycare worker? There will be a bunch of kids to take care of. :naughty:

ha ha ha - that is JUST the thing . . . we are EXTREMELY close. And it is a bit MORE then just the usual case of empty nest syndrome! I have had a child with me since I was 16 years old and I have ALWAYS been a single mother! So, being in a single family home me and my kids are like joined at the hip. And I love it - because my teenage sons would RATHER go to the mall with me then their friends ANY day. THAT is how shockingly close we are. I have never been without them - and when they are gone I AM REALLY GOING TO BE ALL ALONE! And the daycare thing would be an ideal thing - but, I LIKE 'MY kids' NOT kids in general! :lmao:

ha ha ha - that is JUST the thing . . . we are EXTREMELY close. And it is a bit MORE then just the usual case of empty nest syndrome! I have had a child with me since I was 16 years old and I have ALWAYS been a single mother! So, being in a single family home me and my kids are like joined at the hip. And I love it - because my teenage sons would RATHER go to the mall with me then their friends ANY day. THAT is how shockingly close we are. I have never been without them - and when they are gone I AM REALLY GOING TO BE ALL ALONE! And the daycare thing would be an ideal thing - but, I LIKE 'MY kids' NOT kids in general! :lmao:

Just replace them with cats :naughty:

Just replace them with cats :naughty:

eeewww ME a c r a z y cat lady!!?? I think NOT . . I feel I am gonna go off the deep end - over the years my kids have grown *cough*(6 foot tall)*cough* and matured . . . but, I haven't I am SO much more immature then the boys it is PATHETIC!!!!! :roftl:

eeewww ME a c r a z y cat lady!!?? I think NOT . . I feel I am gonna go off the deep end - over the years my kids have grown *cough*(6 foot tall)*cough* and matured . . . but, I haven't I am SO much more immature then the boys it is PATHETIC!!!!! :roftl:

You're already crazy, so you might as well add cats :freak:

Same goes for all of us on here :lol3:

You're already crazy, so you might as well add cats :freak:

Same goes for all of us on here :lol3:

I alreay have names picked out for them . . .

MIKA - Rufus :fisch: I can make little clothes and dress them up and make them do a little song and dance for me . . . hhmmm maybe I can teach Rufus to play the baby grand! :freak:

Me too, only I'm in my 3rd year. And I don't have a clue as to what I wanna do after I graduate. :aah:

I'm also in my 3rd year, studying biology. What I need to figure out now is what I'm going to do once I graduate. Sometimes I wish that I had a strong passion for a certain career so that I don't just fall into a job because it's available or whatever. At the same time I often think of a job simply as a way to make money so that you can go out and do the things you enjoy. What do you guys think?

I alreay have names picked out for them . . .

MIKA - Rufus :fisch: I can make little clothes and dress them up and make them do a little song and dance for me . . . hhmmm maybe I can teach Rufus to play the baby grand! :freak:

:lol3: Best of luck with that.

.. what am I doing with my life?

After I finish YR11, I'm going to Australia to see Mika, my goal for the last 3-ish years :biggrin2:

Next year I'll do YR12 at the local college, and if I do well enough I'll go on a overseas exchange to either england or america or canada for a year. If I don't get accepted, I'll carry on and do YR13.

After that I'm going straight to Auckland University and doing a two-year degree in journalism . Then I'll move to a city (probably Christchurch, Tauranga or Rotorua) and work until I've paid of the majority of my student loan and saved enough to move to London. There, I guess I'll work as a journalist and see where it takes me :cheerful_h4h:

That's really good though! They're more likely to keep in touch when they go away to college than a lot that go away and never call home. I think one of my family members was jealous of how close my mom and I are because she's not close like that to her daughter. I wouldn't have it any other way though. It's nice to have someone there for you.

I agree with Fmbm... get cats when they leave. :naughty:

That's really good though! They're more likely to keep in touch when they go away to college than a lot that go away and never call home. I think one of my family members was jealous of how close my mom and I are because she's not close like that to her daughter. I wouldn't have it any other way though. It's nice to have someone there for you.

I agree with Fmbm... get cats when they leave. :naughty:

They would just run far far away!!!! :roftl:

They would just run far far away!!!! :roftl:

Don't let them outside! Both my cats are indoor cats. :naughty: The second cat was a stray that came and adopted us when she was sick and skin and bones. After we took her in and nursed her back to health we thought she'd want to be an outdoors cat but she has NO interest in being out there again. :naughty:

Don't let them outside! Both my cats are indoor cats. :naughty: The second cat was a stray that came and adopted us when she was sick and skin and bones. After we took her in and nursed her back to health we thought she'd want to be an outdoors cat but she has NO interest in being out there again. :naughty:

Can't I just get DOLLS! :roftl: A Rufus doll and a Mika doll to join my Freddie doll! We can have tea parties everyday. :naughty: