The "what am I doing with my life?" thread

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't I just get DOLLS! :roftl: A Rufus doll and a Mika doll to join my Freddie doll! We can have tea parties everyday. :naughty:

I'll never forget, when i was about 8 years old i was having a tea party with my dolls in the back garden by myself (the joys of being the only girl in the family) and my old cat, who was very mean and violent (he killed several other cats, and A LOT of rats and birds) strolled up, sat on the lap of one of my dolls, drank all the tea out of the cup in front of her, then curled up and went to sleep on her lap.

i was like; :shocked:

:teehee:

. . . at least my dolls won't poo or pee on my couch! . . . unless i give them too much tea, of course! :insane:

:lmao: :lmao: This thread :lmfao: My god.

Um, I have no idea of what I want to be doing with my life in 5, in 10 years. Right now I'm in grade 10 ... this big cliff that is college just looms over everything.

The problem is, I'm really dynamic. I'll be into music one month, dance the next, art the next, etc etc. Last year I was really into graphic design, but I don't know about that anymore.

I think advertising would definitely be interesting though. :naughty:

So who knows! I'm just going to let whatever happens happen. :dunno:

Oh right! If I even survive the next two weeks (that is a BIG IF) after I see Mika. Like really. I have no plans after October 24th. :teehee:

I'll never forget, when i was about 8 years old i was having a tea party with my dolls in the back garden by myself (the joys of being the only girl in the family) and my old cat, who was very mean and violent (he killed several other cats, and A LOT of rats and birds) strolled up, sat on the lap of one of my dolls, drank all the tea out of the cup in front of her, then curled up and went to sleep on her lap.

i was like; :shocked:

:teehee:

OMG! THAT IS TOO HILARIOUS!!!!! :lmao:

Us? I think it's more of Rufus and Mika's fault. :teehee::naughty:

:das: maybe! But, yall are telling me to find replacements for my babies! MAYBE the answer lies within the ones that make me crazy! Perhaps I should become a professional stalker. The friendly kind of course! I mean I would have all the time in the world to follow Meeks and RuRu around! :teehee:

Forget the dolls . . . :rolls_eyes:

:lmao: :lmao: This thread :lmfao: My god.

Um, I have no idea of what I want to be doing with my life in 5, in 10 years. Right now I'm in grade 10 ... this big cliff that is college just looms over everything.

The problem is, I'm really dynamic. I'll be into music one month, dance the next, art the next, etc etc. Last year I was really into graphic design, but I don't know about that anymore.

Oh right! If I even survive the next two weeks (that is a BIG IF) after I see Mika. Like really. I have no plans after October 24th. :teehee:

SMART GIRL! :roftl:

umm I'm in retail. I'm not very fond of it but I seem to have talent at calming people that are angry. I want to go to back to college soon.

Right now my goals are to become a better driver and be able to drive past 15 miles from my house. I pretty much live the same life i did when I was 18.. only I can drive now lol.

Its so funny that you mention Rufus Wainwright when a few minutes ago I was playing a song of his on the piano and ended up in tears..

AAAHHHHHHHH which song?????? :swoon:

aahhhhh I always end up in tears when I listen to Rufus! Even if he sings a fast song! :roftl:

After that I'm going straight to Auckland University and doing a two-year degree in journalism . Then I'll move to a city (probably Christchurch, Tauranga or Rotorua) and work until I've paid of the majority of my student loan and saved enough to move to London. There, I guess I'll work as a journalist and see where it takes me :cheerful_h4h:

Wow! :shocked:

I also have a two year journalism degree, and I also want to move to London.

Maybe we'll end up working in the same place some day. :teehee:

This thread :lmfao: My god.

I had that same problem! During 11th grade everyone kept asking me what I wanted to do after high school. I said college. They'd ask where. I didn't know. Then they'd ask what I wanted to do and I still didn't know. :naughty:

I wouldn't worry until the end of 11th grade. Something will come to you! If not some of my friends didn't have a minor during college. They just took the mandatory classes until they found out what they wanted to do.

:das: maybe! But, yall are telling me to find replacements for my babies! MAYBE the answer lies within the ones that make me crazy! Perhaps I should become a professional stalker. The friendly kind of course! I mean I would have all the time in the world to follow Meeks and RuRu around! :teehee:

Forget the dolls . . . :rolls_eyes:

Roadie? :naughty: I was going to say paparazzi but those folk are scum. :teehee:

umm I'm in retail. I'm not very fond of it but I seem to have talent at calming people that are angry. I want to go to back to college soon.

Right now my goals are to become a better driver and be able to drive past 15 miles from my house. I pretty much live the same life i did when I was 18.. only I can drive now lol.

Props to you for doing retail! I did that for a summer and wanted to yank my hair out. :roftl: What do you want to major in at college?

Wow! :shocked:

I also have a two year journalism degree, and I also want to move to London.

Maybe we'll end up working in the same place some day. :teehee:

And you're from Canada :teehee: I've always liked Canada because its often lumped together with the US - like NZ, lumped together with Australia, despite we're 3,000km apart :roftl:

I've wanted to move to London since I went there in 07 - none of my family understand, yet i am determined :biggrin2:

Hrm, good question. I graduated from college in May, spent a month backpacking and then continued my job search. I'd been applying for jobs since about June of 2008 with nothing on the horizon. I finally found a job and accepted it last week. I will be a customer service rep for a domestic airline. I basically will sit in a call center all night and listen to angry air fliers, which is apparently the worst job to have in the airline industry. http://rickseaney.com/2009/09/23/top-5-worst-airline-jobs/ AWESOME!

However, I love the company and have wanted to work for them for years. I'm hoping to do well in my time at the call center and get promoted into HQ within 5 years. I'd like to work in their marketing research department as I studied marketing and advertising in school.

Basically, I really just need a job that pays as I have $65,000 in student loan debt and about $5,000 in personal debt, including medical bills, to pay off so I'll take anything. I'll probably be working about 80 hours a week, but the more hours the more overtime.

It's hard to find a job! Also if you're not sure what you want to do! Something will happen though and it'll hit you and you'll KNOW what you're meant to do in life!

I think working for a magazine would be fun! That was one of my dreams but not anymore because magazines here are folding so it's not the smartest choice for me to try to do.

Out of singing, writing, dancing, drawing and acting what do you love to do the most?

Performing. But I can't do it cos I'm too short plus I'd need to go to a performance college.

I couldn't be a teacher, I don't have the patience for it. I did work experience when I was studying childcare, in a nursery and then a primary school. I'm an untrained artist so wouldn't know what to teach people anyway. And I'm such a perfectionist anyway - watching all those 2 year olds sploge paint all over the tables instead of their paper was absolute torture :aah:

:roftl:

I've been working with children too, that's how they do it!:naughty:

Don't let them outside! Both my cats are indoor cats. :naughty: The second cat was a stray that came and adopted us when she was sick and skin and bones. After we took her in and nursed her back to health we thought she'd want to be an outdoors cat but she has NO interest in being out there again. :naughty:

Same with my cat who I found at my summer house.:thumb_yello:

She doesn't want to go out at all, she's sleeping on my bed all day and just waiting for us to go back to town!:roftl:

I'm in my first year of college and majoring in film:biggrin2:

I'm also in college, but in my second year doing Media Studies. Hopefully going to Manchester University next year and maybe after that in 10 years time I'll be working for the BBC, pretty much have the next century planned out haha

I'm in my 2nd year of university and I'm studying kinesiology and I have loads of massage courses ,biomechanics ( where we learn all the muscles and parts of the human body),biochemistry, psychology ,history and other subjects concerning these kind of stuff .

I'm seeing myself helping people ,especially kids with disabilities or in a gym or fitness club I'm not seeing myself in a hospital