The rain video!

Droopsy

You can't see it in that shot but it says 'please do not feed the wild Mikas' on it. :roftl:

LMFAO

Ahhh, my favorite parts minus the running :wub2:

sdg.gif

Too bad the file's too big for a sig :aah:

I think I actually prefer it without sound haha

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This video. :swoon::stretcher:

Oh. My. God.

I don't know what it is about it, but it's so entrancing. It's the only video of his so far that I've actually felt something about it.

He looks amazing, and he shows a range of emotions in it. The lighting is beautiful and so is the whole concept of the video. It's a dance track that's dark in meaning.

My favorite song from the album and the video has done well.:wub2:

I'm not professional though lol :naughty: I've only been to dance school, not dance college. I'm not very flexible either, but I know the difference between good dancers and good choreography and bad. BIOTG's got nothing on Rain! Rain overrules by far. The dancing and choreography in BIOTG was shockingly bad in my opinion, but Rain was pretty darn good.

I think that Rain has been filmed by another director therefore is very different from BIOTG! I don't believe can be compared... they are two very different things: BIOTG is more coloured of Rain... Rain is more depressing and dark....

I think that Rain has been filmed by another director therefore is very different from BIOTG! I don't believe can be compared... they are two very different things: BIOTG is more coloured of Rain... Rain is more depressing and dark....

I think you can compare them on many levels - professionalism, how effective they are, whether they represent the song in a meaningful way, whether they're well executed, visually interesting, etc.

Just because the songs and styles are different it doesn't mean that they're incomparable. They're still the same medium, it's not like comparing a cup of tea to a bicycle. :teehee:

It is and I love it.

His first really dark and depressing video.:wub2:

BIOTG as a song is totally different.

I'm still twitching with excitement as to how much i LOVE this video.

They're both very different concepts and very different songs, but you can still make a comparison in the videos IMO. Rain is more intriguing because there's a story, it makes you want to know what happens next. It draws you in, it's entrancing, you're fed on twilight desire. (I don't neccessarily mean the film, but I can totally imagine vampire/werewolf type creatures. It's got that feel to it.) Like The Phantom of the Opera said: "Let your darker side give in".

BIOTG was just a boring video with a bit of crap dancing in comparison. IMO. (Mika's performance in it was brilliant, don't get me wrong, I just hated everything else).

This video has much more depth in it and is more likely to grab people's interest.

Not only that, the camera work was absolutely brilliant. The ground shots, low angle tilts, the crabs 9where camera moves from side to side) the camera work was so SMOOTH and gave a sense of movement. You can DEFINITELY compare it to BIOTG infamous Windows Movie Maker type fade shot LOL.

PLUS BECAUSE of Twilight coming out soon and the resemblence it has in Mika's video, it will probably be a bit more popular. And I'm not kidding either, people may associate it with it. It most likely wasn't intentional, but it happened nonetheless.

does anyone upload it on Youtube? cause I have no idea how that works...

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid28107384001?bclid=0&bctid=45071690001

I've uploaded to youtube, check first post :thumb_yello:

I'm sure someone will upload in better quality soon!:thumb_yello:

how did you do THAT?

Jasc animation shop:thumb_yello:

PLUS BECAUSE of Twilight coming out soon and the resemblence it has in Mika's video, it will probably be a bit more popular. And I'm not kidding either, people may associate it with it. It most likely wasn't intentional, but it happened nonetheless.

What resemblance?

What resemblance?

Okay, so I admit I've never actually watched Twilight, only seen pictures :naughty: But from what I gather, it's got the same mysterious, dark, suspensful mood to it. Dark lighting, weird creatures, set in the woods...could you not imagine Edward Cullen in the Rain video? :naughty:

Okay, so I admit I've never actually watched Twilight, only seen pictures :naughty: But from what I gather, it's got the same mysterious, dark, suspensful mood to it. Dark lighting, weird creatures, set in the woods...could you not imagine Edward Cullen in the Rain video? :naughty:

Well I suppose I could, but I first thought of the "Thriller" video when I saw it.