2009 - New York, NY at United Palace Theatre Oct 16 - reports, pictures and videos

guylainem123

Tsk, check again. You can tell the difference between the "pre pant ripping" gig and the rest, as he's now wearing his white jeans instead of the more tailored trousers.

So now at least we have like a landmark: before that gig, one type of pants, and afterwards the jeans :roftl:.

iMMa's also been rocking two different dresses. One of them makes her look like a tea cozy. :teehee:

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may not have enjoyed being stuck backstage Holly, but you made

an outstanding Big Girl! :thumb_yello:

THANK YOU SO much for saying that Deb!!! :wub2: I am GLAD I got to experience it one time! I will always cherish the memories!!!! :biggrin2:

Ahhh, you all look gawjus!!! :fangurl:

And Holly - where did you get those shoes?!

A) They look amazing with the BG outfit, and

B) I so want a pair. :teehee: I've only seen gold ones like that in high-top style, and high-tops are fugly. :sneaky2:

OMG Mana . . as SOON as I saw those shoes in the store I was like :shocked: Those are p e r f e c t!!!!!! And I am SO glad I got them, cause I agree - they looked AWESOME with the BG outfit!!!! And ahhhh now that they are signed, well - I am NEVER wearing them again! :wub2: But, anyways I found them at Burlington Coat Factory!!!! :kachinga:

what?! i swear to god i saw you guys put your head together for a picture :blink: i honestly think i've lost my mind :shocked:

nope, he signed my shoe - and said, "You were great tonight" and I was like Aaaawwww MIKA Thank You! :wub2:

My report.

it will probably be short :naughty:

foalbaby14 and i got to the venue around 4pm, and we got to hear the band warming up with grace kelly. the door was open so we peeked in and you could see everyone! it was so exciting! then we went across the street to the restaurant to wait for the other MFCers. after a while, everyone started showing up, and that's when it started feeling real for me. time seemed to fly, and before you know it, we were being let in to the theatre. the theatre was very beautiful and old, i love that kind of thing :wink2:. foalbaby's seat was front row, while mine was 2nd, but in the aisle. being 5'1'', i really hoped that there would be a child or midget in front of me. by the time gary go came on, 5 seats next to her were opened, so i sat in one of them. soon after, the people that were supposed to sit there showed up, so i asked the lady next to foalbaby if i could stand next to her during the show, and she said yes.

when Mika came on, everyone ran up to the stage and it was such a rush! after 3 songs, i guess security got worried about the stage, and started pushing everyone back. Mika signaled so many time for us to move up, but every time we did, we were all but pushed back. at one point i saw a man being shoved back, pretty hard. i yelled out "police brutality!":naughty:, later i heard that he was kicked out. for me, the high points (as if there are low ones:wink2:) were "rain", "we are golden", "dr. john", "happy ending", and of course "touches you". i decided to put that songs creepiness aside and love it, about 2 weeks ago, but when i heard it live :mf_lustslow::wub2: it was the most wonderful thing i've ever heard! during lollipop when all the balloons came out, i saw the perfect moment to hit a security guard with a balloon, and it was just my luck that it was the one that shoved the guy. before you know it, it's all over and you're being shooed out of the way by security.

deb was nice enough to secure some passes for the MFC, to meet Mika afterwards. i don't think anyone had an idea as to how many people also had passes. there must have been close to 100. walking up to our seats, we passed cherise and emma, and said hi. before Mika came out, we were told that he could only do autographs, and nothing more. he must have gone through the 30 of us in about 3 minutes, he was being rushed! when he got up to me, all i could manage was giving him the cd to sign and giving him moraccas. within 2 seconds of finishing, we were already being yelled at to leave. when we got to the lobby, we stopped for a minute to put our coats on, and we got yelled at to leave. absolutely rude! when we got outside, we went around to find the stage door, in hopes to have an extra minute with Mika. it was the same kind of deal. there were probably close to 50 people there, and he was rushed through them in 5 minutes. foalbaby was able to get a hug, but i didn't think of it til after, so i got a hand shake. better that than nothing.

over all, it wasn't my best experience. but performance-wise, it was the best. absolutely tops!

hmmm... that was quite long!:teehee:

over all, it wasn't my best experience. but performance-wise, it was the best. absolutely tops!

hmmm... that was quite long!:teehee:

Thanks for writing it, though, Alex! And for your photos! I can't believe

it all went by so fast! *sigh*

Thanks for writing it, though, Alex! And for your photos! I can't believe

it all went by so fast! *sigh*

Yes, meeting him went by very fast, but I guess I was just happy because he could remember me. I just said thank you, and told how much fun we had in Boston and NYC. I told that I had traveled a long way from Finland and he smiled and said "yes, I KNOW that" and smiled again and thanked for coming.

Well, we have met several times since June, but I'm such an ordinary person, no one can usually remember me :biggrin2: He said something else too, but I can't remember properly, I was too happy and I was also thinking how tired he must be after the show.

So it was just a short meeting, but the gig was awesome (if you ignored those security guys :sneaky2:) and I could give him the card I made in Boston, so I was just happy.

Thanks for reports and pics, girls!! :wub2:

Edited by tiibet

Well, we have met several times since June, but I'm such an ordinary person, no one can usually remember me :biggrin2: He said something else too, but I can't remember properly, I was too happy and I was also thinking how tired he must be after the show.

Awww, I will remember you! :huglove: I didn't think you were ordinary at all!

I so enjoyed meeting you, and was

very impressed that you came all the way from Finland! :original:

ME TOO Tiibet!!! :huglove: You are a VERY lovely woman, and I will always remember you!!!! So, NICE to meet you as brief as it was!!!! :biggrin2:

ME TOO Tiibet!!! :huglove: You are a VERY lovely woman, and I will always remember you!!!! So, NICE to meet you as brief as it was!!!! :biggrin2:

Lol, thank you both :huglove:

This was my first time in US, I enjoyed it so much!! Everyone was so nice and welcoming and helped us a lot. Deb, my husband ask me to say you thank you too! And Holly, you were a gorgeous big girl, next time we talk a bit longer!

New York was a lovely place :wub2: We went to Central Park (in the morning after the gig) and saw a huge amount of squirrels and and playing dogs, I loved it :biggrin2:

Edited by tiibet

Same for me :thumb_yello: I just wish we could have get to the restaurant earlier and talk more with you and the others... I guess bad signalization and makeup got us pretty late :naughty:

I missed the NYC gig and all the mikafancers I use to meet there!

Anyone of you at the LA gig? I hope so:roftl:

I missed YOU at the NYC show! Wondered what happened to you! :shocked:

No LA for me, guess you're going there? Have fun! You'll see lots of

MFC there, for sure! :thumb_yello:

Same for me :thumb_yello: I just wish we could have get to the restaurant earlier and talk more with you and the others... I guess bad signalization and makeup got us pretty late :naughty:

Awww, I think you were brave to drive yourself all the way into the

city! Hopefully, "next time" won't be so far off! :huglove: