2009 - New York, NY at United Palace Theatre Oct 16 - reports, pictures and videos

guylainem123

iBernard

Have you been ever in to concert in Mexico???

or Latin America????????

This is nothing compare with latin america, and you know? people enjoy the concerts, jump etc

If you love a concert an artist you completely ignore everyone else...you dont care.

Too bad that your concert was a waste of time...and money...but blaiming Mika is not right... SHAME ON YOU!!

Edited by cees
bad qute

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

iBernard,

Im terribly sorry you did not have the experience you wanted at this concert, but you truly should have known what to expect if you had infact seen both of his dvds. I had the time of my life at this concert, and experienced something I will never forget. Im terribly sorry you can not say that same, and offer you all of my condolences.

If you werent quite violently opposed, I would greatly appreciate a link to your blog.

Thank you ever so much,

peace,love,music...

-sAmMy ;D

Of all the thousands of people who have had the time of their life with a Mika experience, this sure is one unlucky person.

Not rubbing it in or anything. :mf_rosetinted:

He's done that all on his own.

Actually Wonka, you have a point -- we do ask that the gig threads

be kept for reports, pics and vids and to keep chit-chat to a minimum

in them for that reason :thumb_yello:

iBernard has posted his disappointment with this gig 3 times now, I think

that's probably enough. There are plenty of other threads to talk about

concert behavior, and I would also suggest writing a letter to the United

Palace Theater about their security, as I probably will do. :thumb_yello:

I plan on doing the same thing:naughty:

iBernard-

I understand where you are coming from. When I went to Terminal 5 with my mom and sister, the crowd was very rude. We were in the back of everyone, barely able to see the stage. No one would let me through to the front, even when I said my sister was up there. (my sister wasn't up there, but they probably didn't know that) Mostly my mom was trying to get me to the front, when a guy told her that you don't just cut in front of people. My mom said that my "sister" was up there, and he said that she should just go to us.

But when you have one bad concert experience, you don't drop the whole artist.

It's not Mika's fault that you couldn't get back to your seat.

Instead of just letting the guards keep you away from your seat, you should have told them about the things in your bag. (if you did I apologize)

Everyone has at least one bad concert experience, and yes, security or other fans can ruin the night, but it doesn't mean every concert by that performer is the same.

was this a GA gig? where people had been queueing all day to be at the front??? :sneaky2:

was this a GA gig? where people had been queueing all day to be at the front??? :sneaky2:

Indeed!

Sounds like the pushy ones at Bloomsbury, where we MFCers who were at the front, after queueing for ages, got pushed in front of by those who just shoved down from the back!:sneaky2:

Difference to the NYC gig, security let them get away with it!

Just because I found a few more photos hiding on my camera in another

folder -- that's never happened before :blink:

Gary Go:

6834_303160470320_810005320_9154804_6162171_n.jpg

And his guitarist:

6834_303160480320_810005320_9154805_7614895_n.jpg

Extreme Close-up:

6834_303160485320_810005320_9154806_1420836_n.jpg

(this is where I was thinking, "put the camera down you dope, he's

standing right in front of you!") :roftl:

And a prime candidate for Bab's photo album -- I have no idea what it is/was,

but doesn't it look like an x-ray? :naughty:

6834_303164810320_810005320_9154939_4363696_n.jpg

yes, it was general admission. i was in the front row, and i had no problem. but i know that when Mika comes on, people tend to cram closer together. there was a stage invasion, that gig and i KNOW how squished and pushed people got, especially in the back. i was the second on stage, so i couldn't experience it first hand, but i saw everyone's expressions, and it was scary. even after i got off the stage, and tried to get to my stuff, i had to squeeze through people, cause they wouldn't move an inch!

after that show, i was leaving the venue and this rude woman said to me "don't f-ing push me! b-tch!" i was at least 5 ft away from her, and certainly didn't push her.

no matter how horrible people in the audience have been, i always manage to have a good time. i could never blame mika, for that.

Just because I found a few more photos hiding on my camera in another

folder -- that's never happened before :blink:

Gary Go:

6834_303160470320_810005320_9154804_6162171_n.jpg

And his guitarist:

6834_303160480320_810005320_9154805_7614895_n.jpg

Extreme Close-up:

6834_303160485320_810005320_9154806_1420836_n.jpg

(this is where I was thinking, "put the camera down you dope, he's

standing right in front of you!") :roftl:

And a prime candidate for Bab's photo album -- I have no idea what it is/was,

but doesn't it look like an x-ray? :naughty:

6834_303164810320_810005320_9154939_4363696_n.jpg

:teehee: i think that's his spine

yes, it was general admission. i was in the front row, and i had no problem. but i know that when Mika comes on, people tend to cram closer together. there was a stage invasion, that gig and i KNOW how squished and pushed people got, especially in the back. i was the second on stage, so i couldn't experience it first hand, but i saw everyone's expressions, and it was scary. even after i got off the stage, and tried to get to my stuff, i had to squeeze through people, cause they wouldn't move an inch!

after that show, i was leaving the venue and this rude woman said to me "don't f-ing push me! b-tch!" i was at least 5 ft away from her, and certainly didn't push her.

no matter how horrible people in the audience have been, i always manage to have a good time. i could never blame mika, for that.

this wasnt a GA gig:blink:

Yes, we were there for 9 hours and things happened, so I tried to send just Aubrey back and some girls were letting her go back but this one guy was a jerk he was like a little taller than me and in his 30's and he wouldn't let a 5foot5 inch kid in front of him.

The when I was trying to get to the bathroom and walking perpendiclar to the crowd some freaks didn't get it and were refusing to move and I was being polite and finally after 3 please, we are going that way (points away from stage) I finally walked through the girl and she had the nerve to call me a bitch.

So after a couple days I saw it more as a lesson learned on being better prepared, etc. etc.

And it paid off this past Friday and Sunday. So thankfully my children learned at 10 & 12 (they are now 12 and almost 14) this person hasn't learned in their 49 years.

Edited by Mom4Mika

Really late.... but here are my pictures. theyre actually pretty crappy quality.... but you can have a looksie anyways.... some pics are stolen from others... and yes i squished it in the same album as my GMA experience.... concert pics start on page 2!!!

also, let me know if the link doesnt work... the album should be open to everyone. feel free to friend request me anyways :biggrin2:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2058761&id=8703502&saved#/album.php?aid=2058761&id=8703502&ref=mf

Really late.... but here are my pictures. theyre actually pretty crappy quality.... but you can have a looksie anyways.... some pics are stolen from others... and yes i squished it in the same album as my GMA experience.... concert pics start on page 2!!!

also, let me know if the link doesnt work... the album should be open to everyone. feel free to friend request me anyways :biggrin2:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2058761&id=8703502&saved#/album.php?aid=2058761&id=8703502&ref=mf

I asked to be your friend:naughty:

AMAZING pictures!!

I love the one of you and Mika:wub2:

I love that picture that has my girls in it. Can I please copy that? or whatever I need to do to add that to our photos.

Thank you!

nice pics!:blush-anim-cl:

Thank you.

My daughter got video the second time so there aren't any still shots and the shots from NYC well :dunno: you can tell it's me I guess. Just trying to piece together some images to save for when I am recovering from surgery and may need a little motivation.

So I am hoping people post more pictures from either show.

Tiibet got a good video of Big Girl. If anyone runs into video from the shows give me a shout if you could :biggrin2:

Have you stopped chattering yet? I had fun with our group of people yesterday. Good people. Can't wait for the next one. Hopefully the weather will be dry and comfortable and free clean toilet close by :teehee:

Edited by Mom4Mika
spelling

Apparently, all you people with YouTube videos were the same RUDE PEOPLE who prevented people like me from actually seeing the show. I was pushed, yes, PUSHED out of my seat (FF 5) which was three in from the aisle. And then I was caught up in the sea of people RUSHING THE STAGE. It took me nearly an hour to get back to my seat, which was then occupied by someone (female) who insisted it was her seat. I nearly got thrown out by the security people. All you people with video cams and phones and all that technology are just RUDE RUDE RUDE...as bad as the girls in front of me waving the glow sticks.

I hated the night. I hated all the rude, self-centered people, and I was really sorry I went. You Mika-maniacs really ruined it for some of us who just wanted to support an up and coming artist.

And to think: I saw Grace Jones at The Hammerstein, and it was like one big happy family.

Mika: have a word with your fans about concert etiquette. They certainly need it.

And the parents of the children were worse: drinking alcohol through the whole show, and standing in the aisle to boot!

I was tempted to sit on the back of my chair, once I got back there, but I wasn't going to ruin the show for the people behind me.

This was a sham. The entire "fan club seating" was a sham.

Good luck Mika. You lost a loyal fan. I won't spend a penny on you in the future. Not one penny.

I already wasted about $200 on your digital downloads, DVDs, and a regrettable concert.

And to the MIKA FANS?

SHAME ON YOU! ALL OF YOU.

If you were there, then SHAME ON YOU.

Pleaseeeee

Get a grip man!!!

What on earth is wrong with people drinking alcohol?? :shocked:

Video recording shows it was happens these days , all the concerts Ive been to this year .. not all Mika btw has this , its the modern way ..

You must of done something for them wanting to throw you out? , they dont just do that for no reason ....

Dont slag off the MFC , you have people here that bend over backwards to do what they can for everyone

How can you just post 4 times , hardly part of the community then kick off?

What you saw is how concerts ARE these days!! , try Oasis and get a bottle of piss off your head!! serious there is way way worse out there !!

This is cotton candy stuff .. Im sad at your comments , maybe a night at the theatre next time?

Blog away , what are you trying to achieve?

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE