2009 - New York, NY at United Palace Theatre Oct 16 - reports, pictures and videos

guylainem123

it's like, if you've seen one, you've seen 'em all. :blink:

Well yes, if you experience the concerts online it appears that way. That's why you need to go to them all in person, just to see the difference. :naughty:

Toronto and Montréal couldn't have been more different. But, err...talk to me on October 27th. We'll see how it holds up after many shows.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha ha . . I haven't even BEGUN to read through this thread yet! But, I did see a report that was awful - 'Trashy Americans' :lmao: I don't have time to read THAT one - but, I can't wait to sit back and read through everything now that I am home! :kachinga: . . . and I thought I had a bad time at the NYC show - my experience was NOT as bad as that lady's. :teehee:

Anyways I am uploading a bunch of crap MOSTLY from the Philly show . . but here is a bit from the NYC show . . .

On a more negative note let me just say (as I said in Philly) MIKA's FANS <that are NOT MFCers> S U C K . . . anyone ever notice that!? I don't CARE WHAT anyone says the MFCers have more respect for Mika then these CrAzY Biatches . . . they drive me crazy - but, at the same time they are VERY easy to ignore so I just let them be :aah:

PHILLY005.jpg

OMG . . aahhh Big Girl HollyD :roftl:

PHILLY010.jpg

The Big Girls

PHILLY011.jpg

Mika signing my shoe

PHILLY012.jpg

aahhhh my beautiful shoe!

I had quoted alot of the posts related to Bernie ... but I can't actually be bothered ... but as alot have said ... Mika gigs are nothing ... go to a Blur show and be at the front ... and have crowd surfers kick you in the head for the entire show ... did it ever ruin the gig for me or make me not want to see them ... never ... ever ... or decide I wasn't ever gonna be a fan or buy anything of theirs again ... yes eventually Damon personally made me feel like that but not as a band .... I've seen them over 50 times ... Oasis too ... Mika's crowds are completely tame compared to most bands out there today - maybe he's just not cut out for gigs ... I know some people aren't .... My mum is one of them :wink2:

yuppp i just approved it!!!! and thanks! i was literally floating on my walk home after that pic was taken. hahaha :mf_lustslow:

I bet you were:naughty:

I wish I could have gotten my picture with him in NY:sneaky2:

But I did hug him:wub2:

ha ha ha . . I haven't even BEGUN to read through this thread yet! But, I did see a report that was awful - 'Trashy Americans' :lmao: I don't have time to read THAT one - but, I can't wait to sit back and read through everything now that I am home! :kachinga: . . . and I thought I had a bad time at the NYC show - my experience was NOT as bad as that lady's.

Anyways I am uploading a bunch of crap MOSTLY from the Philly show . . but here is a bit from the NYC show . . .

On a more negative note let me just say (as I said in Philly) MIKA's FANS <that are NOT MFCers> S U C K . . . anyone ever notice that!? I don't CARE WHAT anyone says the MFCers have more respect for Mika then these CrAzY Biatches . . . they drive me crazy - but, at the same time they are VERY easy to ignore so I just let them be

PHILLY005.jpg

PHILLY010.jpg

The Big Girls

PHILLY011.jpg

Mika signing my shoe

PHILLY012.jpg

Awesome pictures Holly!!

I love the one of you and Mika:wub2:

ha ha ha . . I haven't even BEGUN to read through this thread yet! But, I did see a report that was awful - 'Trashy Americans' :lmao: I don't have time to read THAT one - but, I can't wait to sit back and read through everything now that I am home! :kachinga: . . . and I thought I had a bad time at the NYC show - my experience was NOT as bad as that lady's. :teehee:

On a more negative note let me just say (as I said in Philly) MIKA's FANS <that are NOT MFCers> S U C K . . . anyone ever notice that!? I don't CARE WHAT anyone says the MFCers have more respect for Mika then these CrAzY Biatches . . . they drive me crazy - but, at the same time they are VERY easy to ignore so I just let them be :aah:

PHILLY005.jpg

PHILLY010.jpg

The Big Girls

PHILLY011.jpg

Mika signing my shoe

PHILLY012.jpg

awww sweet! i love the backstage pics!

iBernard-

I understand where you are coming from. When I went to Terminal 5 with my mom and sister, the crowd was very rude. We were in the back of everyone, barely able to see the stage. No one would let me through to the front, even when I said my sister was up there. (my sister wasn't up there, but they probably didn't know that) Mostly my mom was trying to get me to the front, when a guy told her that you don't just cut in front of people. My mom said that my "sister" was up there, and he said that she should just go to us.

But when you have one bad concert experience, you don't drop the whole artist.

It's not Mika's fault that you couldn't get back to your seat.

Instead of just letting the guards keep you away from your seat, you should have told them about the things in your bag. (if you did I apologize)

Everyone has at least one bad concert experience, and yes, security or other fans can ruin the night, but it doesn't mean every concert by that performer is the same.

Oh, oh, oh that's the oldest trick in the book and one I certainly wouldn't fall for.

Especially if I had queued all day and people with missing sisters were trying to push past me.

Think again MO, that's really bad form.

Oh, oh, oh that's the oldest trick in the book and one I certainly wouldn't fall for.

Especially if I had queued all day and people with missing sisters were trying to push past me.

Think again MO, that's really bad form.

We were there at the barrier and sickness came over her sister. I tried to send her, Aubrey, back to get to the people we hung with for 9 hours and keep her sister closer to the bathroom.

I said in another post that that experience was a lesson learned and learned well.

Worked out well as there was crush at the end for Lollipop.

Edited by Mom4Mika

Blimey, why did I miss all the action? :lmfao:

I will say that Bernard needs to chill a bit IMO, and that Milan was a fantastic gig, with great atmosphere, and absolutely no rowdiness. Everyone behaved, and if some found it "noisy" I really can't relate to that.

Heck, Mika himself asks fans to sing along and is grateful for the atmosphere. As long as the audience are respectful and don't chat/ruin quiet songs, I find it highly unlikely that they will be loud enough to drown Mika.

Like Christine said:it's a gig.

how could we? we were in the 1st row being "noisy" :roftl: it was fun and it was collective. mika gestured for it and he didn't look the least annoyed by it. :thumb_yello: only when people on stage tried to grab his feet but that's another story.

Those pics are fab, thanks Deb. Can't tell the difference between these concerts anymore, but it's a good thing I guess. Feel like I was there even when I wasn't! :roftl:

Tsk, check again. You can tell the difference between the "pre pant ripping" gig and the rest, as he's now wearing his white jeans instead of the more tailored trousers.

So now at least we have like a landmark: before that gig, one type of pants, and afterwards the jeans :roftl:.