2009 - New York, NY at United Palace Theatre Oct 16 - reports, pictures and videos

guylainem123

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I must say I feel left out by not having a picture of me with Mika.

Not even with the NYC & PA Big Girls and Mika.

I didn't want to be agressive and ask for a picture. Maybe just asking wouldn't have been aggressive.:tears:

I was(am) grateful for the experience but a picture with Mika would have been fab.

I didn't want to be agressive and ask for a picture. Maybe just asking wouldn't have been aggressive.:tears:

I was(am) grateful for the experience but a picture with Mika would have been fab.

I know what you mean, Jamie -- my original plan was to ask for a pic

of Mika with the whole group of MFCers, but that was when I thought

we were going to be taken backstage with him. Once the scenario

changed to him coming out to us, that threw a wrench in the works.

Maybe if they hadn't been, "sit over here," "no, move over there!" "no,

move way back there!" -- maybe then I would have had the presence of

mind to say, hold on, let's get a group photo first. But the way they

ended up doing things, with Mika walking through the rows of seats

and fans being shooed out right after he spoke to them, there was

no way a group photo was going to happen. :sneaky2:

Yes, I'm a little disappointed.

Glad I'm not the only one. I was thinking I was being an ungrateful b*tch :blush-anim-cl:

It doesn't seem like the other shows had that problem with M&G.

I guess NYC security was that screwed up that it was a cluster**ck.

Looking towards 2010, or if I win the lottery, to Europe. :mf_rosetinted:

My head feels weird from the pain killers. :aah::boxed:

I'm pretty upset too:tears:

All I wanted was a picture with him:sneaky2:

Hopefully the next gig:wub2:

I'm pretty upset too:tears:

All I wanted was a picture with him:sneaky2:

Hopefully the next gig:wub2:

Same for me. I had 3 chances (Tv show, Montreal, NYC) and didn't even get a group pic... but I don't wanna force it either. I think I'm really lucky just to have seen him 3 times in a week :teehee:

GAWD - I feel the SAME!!!!! I KNOW every single show is different due to MANY MANY circumstances! The venue/the staff/the way everyone is feeling at the time . . . but, looking at these last few gigs, there is a <small> part of me that CAN'T h e l p but be jealous. I mean DON'T GET ME WRONG!!!! I do NOT ever begrudge another MFCer from a GREAT experience and being SO LUCKY!!!! I am SO happy for everyone, and I LOVE IT! It just tends to make me feel all that more empty inside - because it is like - WHY couldn't my expeience have been similar in some sort. Just like you Jamie and Bri . . . all I want is a pic with him - and I will be satisfied FOR LIFE! I have been waiting 2 & a half years JUST for a pic. It is like hit or miss with Mika. You REALLY have to be in the right place at the right time. Because just looking at all the varied show nights and experiences - seems some NEVER get the chance . . . and for others it is SO EASY! It SUCKS big time. And sometimes I feel SILLY - and like a BIG cry baby that didn't get their way. But, it is real. I just hold on to the HOPE that ONE DAY - things will be 'right' for me. SO DEPRESSING!

hey guys

is chris on the mfc? We were talking at the philly gig and we both go to the same school, haha. so weird! I haven't bumped into him yet on the streets.

Do you mean Chris as in "followthesound" Chris? He went to both NYC and

Philly, so possibly that's the guy?

Same for me. I had 3 chances (Tv show, Montreal, NYC) and didn't even get a group pic... but I don't wanna force it either. I think I'm really lucky just to have seen him 3 times in a week :teehee:

Yes, that *was* lucky, Danie, but still... it's human nature to want more, I

think... so I understand. :)

There is no constructive resolution to this because IT'S A CONCERT. MFC is neither responsible for nor is it going to change what people have been doing at rock and pop concerts for the past 30 years.

Have you or iBernard ever been to a real concert before? Not Annie Lennox or Grace Jones or other middle aged women - but a proper gig of a young popular artist?

I was at Arctic Monkeys a couple of weeks ago and do you know what people in the front rows were doing? They were crowd surfing on top of people's heads. For hours. Dozens of them.

This is what goes on at a concert. If you can't handle live crowds at concerts, don't stand in the middle of one! And please spare us the moaning on your way out the door because we're not responsible for the protocol. If iBernard was back in the 6th row he/she was probably in a row of random account holders at Mikasounds and not MFC anyway.

Expecting us to do something about it or blaming Mika is ridiculous.

you people make me laugh.

Music, 30 years ago, was totally different. No cell phone cameras, no screens projecting to the cheap seats. Pot smoking etc. And Grace Jones and Annie Lennox being "old women?" Elton John, some 30 years ago, inspired the SAME enthusiasm as MIKA is currently. And I personally thing MIKA has "the potential" to BE an artist of Elton John's stature and longevity.

Please people. Crowd surfing wasn't in existence 30 years ago. 30 yrs ago, music was, mostly, DISCO!!!!! One hit wonders; you know, like SAM SPARRO.

Music, 30 years ago, was totally different. No cell phone cameras, no screens projecting to the cheap seats. Pot smoking etc. And Grace Jones and Annie Lennox being "old women?" Elton John, some 30 years ago, inspired the SAME enthusiasm as MIKA is currently. And I personally thing MIKA has "the potential" to BE an artist of Elton John's stature and longevity.

Please people. Crowd surfing wasn't in existence 30 years ago. 30 yrs ago, music was, mostly, DISCO!!!!! One hit wonders; you know, like SAM SPARRO.

YOU make ME laugh.

If you find music 30 years ago to be so substantial, please build a time machine, set it to 1979, and stay there. I will fund your project.

HE SIGNED MY FRIEND'S BARBIE BOOK FROM A MCDONALDS MIGHTY MEAL THAT WE GOT AT A REST STOP!!

It was after we stood outside for an hour and most of us couldn't feel our feet and all we could do was take creeper pictures of him... my friend got this adorable one of him scratching his nose...

Still, epic.

Best night of my life.

I won't even go into the rest of your post, but I had to comment on the bolded part. Sam Sparro, a one hit wonder?

Do me a favour. Do yourself a favour. Go to one of his concerts. The man is fantastic. He's got a great voice, he can sing, he is great live in every way.

The only reason why you could possibly make a statement like this (which is massively unfair and inaccurate) is that you haven't seen the guy live, so it's probably best if you do so before you go around slating him. Becuase he's incredible, and it's just not right to call him that.

Just saying :thumb_yello:.

You mean that during, let's say.. a Beatles concert, fans wouldn't scream hysterically nor sing along? I know, it was 40 years ago not 30... but still. The point is people do sing at gigs, they do stand up, they do jump around, they can get hysterical, they can get pushy. It's all part of the game. And I do believe things used to derail much faster in the 60s/70s than they do in present times tbh because there's much more security now. If live gigs are not your thing, fair enough, but just stay in your living room and listen to the album then, or go and stand further from the stage. Blaming the artist because the crowd had fun and got a little "out of hand" (and Gosh, like some said, the pushing and bitching at M's gigs are NOTHING in comparison to some others) just doesnt make sense, and I'm sorry to be blunt, but you're sounding like a grumpy little diva who knows strictly nothing about concerts.

Maybe before going to this gig - he should have actually watched some YT vids ... or got the DVD's or something ... I can't believe his attitude to be honest .... other fans are not responsible for him having a bad time ... he is ... if you don't like concerts ... don't go to them ... simple as .... people don't generally stay sat in their seats politely clapping their hands .... go and look up any artist actually on YT and you'll see that ... sorry did people stay sat at the Coldplay gig I went to at Wembley last month ... nope ... were most people filming it or taking pics ... yes ... it's called the future ... it's not 30 years ago ... I'd be sad if it was .... :(

Oh yes .. and Beatles fans were a calm lot who didn't do any jumping or screaming ... so did the Rolling Stones fans back in the day ... actually hun ... never ever go to another concert cos' I used to go to them for a living for 6 years non stop and the fans they all do this now ... cos' they actually dance - film - and take pictures too - it's called having fun .... just stay in your armchair and knit or something ... sorry ... but really .... :aah:

so i guess woodstock was a calm concert then compare to mika? :teehee:

I almost guess so, at least in that documentary everyone seemed pretty stoned :teehee:

@iBernard

As for the pushing/shoving/being in a crowd at Mika gigs, I can only say, I'm pretty claustrophobic. I'm not very tall either. I don't feel 100% comfortable in huge crowds, although it's not really fear of contact - more like possibly being squashed or not being able to breathe. However, I know what I'm letting myself in for and I do let myself in for it because I know it will be worth it. Not everything about a gig is like a walk in the park. If the unpleasant aspects outweigh the benefit you get out of the experience, just don't do it.

As for the unbearable sight of mobile phone/camera displays in front of you. Deal with it. Mobile phones are the new lighters. Just recently I attended a gig where the artist specifically asked for these things to be held up when he started one of his songs in complete darkness. If not romantic, it was a fascinating view. :teehee:

I don't know what kind of alternate reality you've been living in but music was not just disco 30 years ago. Have you ever heard of Queen? Rod Stewart? Supertramp? Peter Frampton? KISS? Van Halen? Styx?

I was too young to go to concerts 30 years ago, but 25 years ago I was getting trampled at an Ozzy Osbourne concert and puked on at Motley Crue. There were wilder things going on in the movie theatre where Led Zeppelin's Song Remains the Same was being played than I've ever seen at a Mika concert ffs.

Seriously have you ever been to a concert by an artist that wasn't a middle-aged woman?

I think lovelove_mika is right and you're simply talking out of your ass.