Stephen's set to top the charts for one last time

dcdeb

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Boyzone-To-Release-Last-Vocals-Recorded-By-Late-Singer-Stephen-Gately/Article/201001315527290

Gately's Last Boyzone Vocals Released

6:29am UK, Monday January 18, 2010

Enda Brady, Sky News reporter

The last vocals ever recorded by Boyzone star Stephen Gately have been released by his bandmates.

Gave It All Away, written by Mika, was recorded by Gately two years ago, but a music publishing problem stopped them from releasing it.

Gately, 33, died from natural causes at his holiday villa on the island of Majorca in October.

He had been working on a new Boyzone album shortly before his death.

"The four of us have given our heart and soul to this to make the best possible record we can make for Stephen and his family," Ronan Keating told Sky News Online.

"Thankfully Stephen had recorded the entire song so we were able to go away and work with what he had done.

Boyzone’s Single ‘Gave It All Away’

"I hope the end result does him justice. I think it's beautiful."

Gately's bandmate Keith Duffy revealed how a chance meeting with songwriter Mika in Los Angeles resulted in Boyzone being given his blessing to re-work the song and finally release it.

"Stephen was always singing and this was one of his favourite songs," Duffy told Sky News Online.

"After he died we went to LA and bumped into Mika.

"Ronan had coffee with him and the next day we had a call to say that the song was ours. It was like Stephen was smiling down on us."

The band filmed the video for Gave It All Away just before Christmas and it was the first time they had worked together since their friend's death.

It begins with Gately singing the words: "I've learned to live before I die, I've learned to love and learned to try not to give it all away."

Thankfully Stephen had recorded the entire song so we were able to go away and work with what he had done.

Ronan Keating

Keating added: "It's a brand new sound and a brand new album, there are no covers or ballads.

"This has been the toughest time we have ever known, but now we are at a crossroads. We have to decide if we are going to go on as a four piece or become a new band.

"We don't know how we are going to evolve and how we are going to change, but I think we have to look to the future as a new act because the Boyzone of the past can not exist, obviously."

The band's new album will be released in March.

d/l

http://www.sendspace.com/file/15wgzb

3:34...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ4AYXlpZyU

Okay school marme - but it doesn't tell us anything.:shocked::shocked:

I couldn't resist with the school marme comment Caz as everytime you correct someone including me I feel I have been smacked on my knuckles with a rule by a female teacher.:roftl::roftl:

By the way - if I spelled "marme" incorrectly please correct me.:roftl::roftl:

Nobody is talking about the real issue which delayed the Boyzone release of GIAA - that I can find.

I love GIAA sung by Boyzone!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I think Boyzone produced & sang a magnificent song & I like the video concept too.

I might as well be honest - the first time it made me cry.

I truly wish Boyzone much success with GIAA.

I thought Mika just composed the music and Eros wrote the lyrics. Didn't he sing a bit of it in English on a radio show once...or am I imagining things? :blink:

no, you didn't imagine it, he did sing some of it in english. can't remember where though :dunno:

he sang them on 24th July on Radio 105 in Italy:wink2:

"Looking back at my face in the mirror

I couldn’t understand

Would my face be any clearer

To a woman or a man"

PS: sorry Boyzone fans - this is off topic. we are talking about an Eros Ramazotti song that Mika wrote:teehee: