Stephen's set to top the charts for one last time

dcdeb

Wow! I-yi-yi-yi can't believe it. :teehee:

This song sounds like it was written specifically for Boyzone so I find it hard to imagine it could have any better fate. I mean you can't really blame Boyzone if it turns out sounding like a cheesy boyband song because that's what it is at its very core.

Well, based on everyone else's guesses that's what I suppose anyway. :mf_rosetinted:

I hope if Mika goes for it he negotiates some royalties on a surefire number 1 song instead of the flat rate that was mentioned in 2007.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Secondly, I don't get the whole "Boyzone is too cheesy" thing. Sorry Mika, but if Boyzone were interested in the first place, that sounds to me like the song would be inherently cheesy in its own right. :teehee:

I Gave It All Away is cheesy.

Boyzone + I Gave It All Away is cheese with cheese on top, drizzled with melted cheese, sprinkled with cheese, wrapped in cheese, with cheese on the side. :boxed:

I Gave It All Away is cheesy.

Boyzone + I Gave It All Away is cheese with cheese on top, drizzled with melted cheese, sprinkled with cheese, wrapped in cheese, with cheese on the side. :boxed:

That's cheesy!

I'm not ashamed. And if we're being honest I love Ronan Keating too. :teehee:

Kudos to you for admitting to that :teehee:

I love I Gave It All Away. I liked it from the first time I heard it.:blush-anim-cl::wub2:

??? Where did you hear it? Have I missed something? I probably have, I'm missing far too much these days :naughty:.

This song sounds like it was written specifically for Boyzone so I find it hard to imagine it could have any better fate. I mean you can't really blame Boyzone if it turns out sounding like a cheesy boyband song because that's what it is at its very core.

I don't know under what circumstances and for what purpose that song was written but to me the question is if the singer-songwriter Mika as we know him today would stand by this song now.

Perhaps it wouldn't matter if it was published under a pseudonym but a song like that published under Mika's name would raise some eye-brows for sure.....:cool: (including mine :teehee: )

I don't know under what circumstances and for what purpose that song was written but to me the question is if the singer-songwriter Mika as we know him today would stand by this song now.

Perhaps it wouldn't matter if it was published under a pseudonym but a song like that published under Mika's name would raise some eye-brows for sure.....:cool: (including mine :teehee: )

My opinion? Cheesy or not, IGIAA is a far better written song (lyrically and melodically) than some of the ones that Mika has sung himself, like Big Girl for example or other similar ones......So I don't see why it would be such a huge deal.

Whether it's his style or not, I think that it's a good song nonetheless. If someone can get it out there and Mika can benefit from it, and so can the band who sing it (be it Boyzone or others), then that is great.

And for the record, I have always loved Ronan :wub2: and I will even go further and say that I even liked Boyzone and Westlife a bit. I love my Irish lads, and I think that boybands are just a certain style, and they are what they are, but I always found these two alright.

My opinion? Cheesy or not, IGIAA is a far better written song (lyrically and melodically) than some of the ones that Mika has sung himself, like Big Girl for example or other similar ones......So I don't see why it would be such a huge deal.

Whether it's his style or not, I think that it's a good song nonetheless. If someone can get it out there and Mika can benefit from it, and so can the band who sing it (be it Boyzone or others), then that is great.

And for the record, I have always loved Ronan :wub2: and I will even go further and say that I even liked Boyzone and Westlife a bit. I love my Irish lads, and I think that boybands are just a certain style, and they are what they are, but I always found these two alright.

My thoughts exactly. Even though I have never heard the song, I know it's a Mika song, so it won't be rubbish and Boyzone should do a decent job with it! I admit that I also took some time to get into Big Girl and also Billy Brown. I like them now, but it did take me a while to like them.

But if Mika doesn't want Boyzone to sing it, maybe he can give it to John and Edward LOL *runs away quick*

My thoughts exactly. Even though I have never heard the song, I know it's a Mika song, so it won't be rubbish and Boyzone should do a decent job with it! I admit that I also took some time to get into Big Girl and also Billy Brown. I like them now, but it did take me a while to like them.

But if Mika doesn't want Boyzone to sing it, maybe he can give it to John and Edward LOL *runs away quick*

Jedward? That'd be a disaster! :roftl:

:lmfao:

Okay, I've barely read this thread, but what is this with everyone hinting that they may have heard the song?

Is this MFC humour or have some people really heard something?

Why am I even asking, I should know better.:naughty:

Well I hope you don't love Boyzone :shocked:

There is a special place in everyone's heart for I Gave It All Away. But some of us are just ashamed to admit it :naughty:

Well, seeing as Mika wrote it and I have heard him sing it (CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG) , I can honestly say it is a Mika song, and though many of you think it's cheesy, I think it's gorgeous :shun:

:lmfao:

Okay, I've barely read this thread, but what is this with everyone hinting that they may have heard the song?

Is this MFC humour or have some people really heard something?

Why am I even asking, I should know better.:naughty:

Apparently some people got to hear it, or so I've been told. I'd love to hear it.

That's cheesy!

Kudos to you for admitting to that :teehee:

??? Where did you hear it? Have I missed something? I probably have, I'm missing far too much these days :naughty:.

That's what I want to know, how come some ppl have heard this, is there some secret society/club that some members are "in" and some are not? :sneaky2:

Ah well it probs doesn't matter, I have lived in ignorant bliss so far and not died cos i aint heard it so I am sure I can't be missing much.

Edited by sparkly1

Apparently some people got to hear it, or so I've been told. I'd love to hear it.

That's what I want ot know, how come some ppl have heard this, is there some secret society/club that some members are "in" and some are not? :sneaky2:

I would love to listen to it too!:wink2:

That's what I want ot know, how come some ppl have heard this, is there some secret society/club that some members are "in" and some are not? :sneaky2:

It was posted a while ago, I think some months back when someone posted it here on the MFC, the link was then obviously removed very quickly...If I recall it correctly it was only up for a few hours.

That's it.

That's what I want to know, how come some ppl have heard this, is there some secret society/club that some members are "in" and some are not? :sneaky2:

Yeah, the club is called 'paying attention' :sneaky2::naughty:.

:wink2:Now seriously, Sparkly, I love you, but why is it that people are so quick to jump on this 'secret society' idea whenever they hear of something that a few people have seen/heard/spoken about and they haven't?

There are tons of members here, and some will have seen things that others haven't, which is only natural. I haven't seen all the Mika interviews or performances out there for example. We can't all keep on top of everything. That's just how it is. Some people might have a friend who sees something, and then shares it with them...There are many possible scenarios for these things. Not everyone always knows/sees/hears (or has to do so!) everything.

No need to start on this whole 'secret club' idea which is not only not true, but only fosters hostility and funny feelings :teehee:. Just saying.

And honestly, I'm saying this in the nicest possible way :huglove:

Boyzone are to release a tribute single to Stephen Gately, it has been confirmed.

Band leader Ronan Keating recently revealed plans to remember their band mate in song, following his shock passing in Majorca.

He now says they are currently reworking a track, co-written by Mika, which will feature vocals recorded by Gately before his death.

"We have voice files and can move things to allow him to shine more. It's going to be the biggest song of next year, I promise", said Keating.

"We're doing it for Stephen, his fans, his family and for us as a band. He had the voice of an angel", he commented.

Stephen Gately died last month of natural causes.

Funny, he went from being the writer to being the co-writer:roftl:

Yeah, the club is called 'paying attention' :sneaky2:.

Now seriously, Sparkly, I love you, but why is it that people are so quick to jump on this 'secret society' idea whenever they hear of something that a few people have seen/heard/spoken about and they haven't?

There are tons of members here, and some will have seen things that others haven't, which is only natural. I haven't seen all the Mika interviews or performances out there for example. We can't all keep on top of everything. That's just how it is. Some people might have a friend who sees something, and then shares it with them...There are many possible scenarios for these things. Not everyone always knows/sees/hears (or has to do so!) everything.

No need to start on this whole 'secret club' idea which is not only not true, but only fosters hostility and funny feelings :teehee:. Just saying.

And honestly, I'm saying this in the nicest possible way :huglove:

you HAVENT seen all the Mika interviews Sari :blink: where on earth have you been,... flying off round the world on decadent adventures with other crazy ppl or what? :teehee:

Nah it's true though unless you spend your entire life on MFC reading every single post your bound to miss things here n there, guess sometimes there is just a "tone" now and then that gives off a certain vibe. So maybe ppl should consider before they make a post how to word it, if they have a secret then maybe it should be kept that way instead of hinting things, or just come right out and say what they mean.

Anyway, :biggrin2: life goes on and Mika is now only th co-writter :blink: the plot thickens.