Stephen's set to top the charts for one last time

dcdeb

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Mika, his royalties will be cut back drastically now he's just the co-writer:mf_rosetinted:

No one else shares writing credit on the song. The boys / someone might have added a couple of lines vs Mika's version but they would have needed Mika's permission to do so...

But don't forget the news on 'co-writing' appeared in The Sun:wink2:

at least it's only half as cheesy now ...innit? :teehee:

:roftl:

If it is IGIAA - well, Boyzone are the masters of cheese so they should make a good job of it.

But for all we know, Mika may have offered them another song :dunno:

We'll find out next year :naughty:

No one else shares writing credit on the song. The boys / someone might have added a couple of lines vs Mika's version but they would have needed Mika's permission to do so...

But don't forget the news on 'co-writing' appeared in The Sun:wink2:

:roftl:

Maybe one of them helped out lyric-wise. I imagine the music would still be Mika's. This is still good news and it sounds as though, whatever song it is, has been re-mixed to highlight Stephen's vocals. It's also obvious that there was never any falling-out between Mika and Boyzone.

And since Mika is working with Boyzone, maybe we'll get a Mika Week on X Factor next year!! It's time there was one!

Maybe one of them helped out lyric-wise. I imagine the music would still be Mika's. This is still good news and it sounds as though, whatever song it is, has been re-mixed to highlight Stephen's vocals. It's also obvious that there was never any falling-out between Mika and Boyzone.

And since Mika is working with Boyzone, maybe we'll get a Mika Week on X Factor next year!! It's time there was one!

A Mika week on X Factor would be so funny. It will never happen though! :naughty:

The co-writing thing could indeed just be that Boyzone contributed to a few lyrics; that is all it takes to gain a cowriter credit, in my understanding of it.

A Mika week on X Factor would be so funny. It will never happen though! :naughty:

The co-writing thing could indeed just be that Boyzone contributed to a few lyrics; that is all it takes to gain a cowriter credit, in my understanding of it.

Sadly we can only dream of a Mika week on X Factor :sneaky2::boxed:

Nice sig by the way!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb_yello::naughty::naughty::wub2:

Sadly we can only dream of a Mika week on X Factor :sneaky2::boxed:

Nice sig by the way!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb_yello::naughty::naughty::wub2:

a Mika Week was mentioned on that Peter Kay spoof thing, Britain's Got The Pop Factor and Possibly a New Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar On Ice. :naughty: That's as close as we'll get :blink:.

Glad you like my sig :naughty:

You can also co-write a song by adding a bridge or contributing to the musical arrangements (thinking of Walter Afanasieff's part in I See You vs I'm Falling):wink2:

It's also obvious that there was never any falling-out between Mika and Boyzone.

Well, Mika seemed to be against them recording it (based on news and interviews in 2007 and the recent comments from Louis Walsh..)

..Good thinking...That would be a great compensation for his efforts..:wink2:

Edited by suzie

a Mika Week was mentioned on that Peter Kay spoof thing, Britain's Got The Pop Factor and Possibly a New Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar On Ice. :naughty: That's as close as we'll get :blink:.

Glad you like my sig :naughty:

I remember that on Peter kay and thought I had heard wrong :naughty::naughty: That would be SO cool if that actually happened.

Do you watch Merlin? :wink2:

Mika Effs Up The Boyzone Reunion

Have you heard the news? Boyzone are reforming because they've put aside their differences and not because Take That and the Spice Girls have got rich doing it and nobody cares about Ronan Keating's solo career any more.

Yes, Boyzone – the most famous elderly Irish boyband after Westlife and Murtagh Fitzpatrick And The Clodpoopers – are reforming, but there's a hitch. Boyzone wanted their comeback single to be I Gave It All Away, a song written by inexplicably popular annoyance Mika – but Mika's not having it. That's a good thing, because when a band interprets a songwriter's work, the result is often a brand-new, unique piece of music spliced equally from each party's DNA like a baby – and we can all agree that a part-Mika/ part-Boyzone baby would probably end up looking and sounding a lot like the disfigured genetically-deformed mutant puppy from The Fly II.

Although the reunions of Take That and the Spice Girls have shown that there's definitely a market for cacky old past-it pop groups transparently trying to make a quick buck for as long as they can bear looking at each other for, the failure of the All Saints comeback and the East 17 comeback proved that it's just as easy for these comebacks to fail.

So right now it could go either way for Boyzone, the Westlife-inventing Irish boyband responsible for Ronan Keating, that bloke who used to be on Coronation Street, him out of Love Island, the one who looks like he's spent the last decade sobbing, The Other One and – to a lesser extent – Louis Walsh. This week Boyzone reported that they were reforming after what seems to be a painfully short amount of time. We would have reported it, but we were too busy crying.

But the Boyzone reunion isn't without its obstacles. And not the obvious obstacle, either – the obstacle of Ronan Keating being so completely punch-worthy that the other Boyzone members would be so busy thinking about slapping him in his stupid smug face that they'd never get any work done – but another obstacle. It's been reported that Boyzone wanted to use I Gave It All Away, a song written by infuriating one-hit wonder Mika, as their lead comeback single with a performance on Children In Need to promote it. However, Mika has refused to let Boyzone release it because he apparently thinks that Boyzone are 'too cheesy' – a little like Dr Harold Shipman chiding Fred West for being 'too murdery.'

The Sun quotes an 'industry insider' as saying:

"Mika wrote the song and made it available for other artists. Boyzone loved it. They thought it was perfect to launch their comeback so they recorded it and it sounded great – a certain No 1. Just like the track, Mika gave it all away. But then he took it back again."

While in the short-term this is an obvious win-win for all involved – because the end result of a Boyzone/ Mika hybrid would invariably sound like a gang of dullards trying to mimic a twelfth-rate Freddie Mercury impersonator with a keychange in the middle where everyone stands up, and almost certainly the very worst thing your ears would have ever heard – it might be worth taking all this with a pinch of salt.

Because, after all, Boyzone's manager used to be Louis Walsh – a man who'd happily feed any old bull**** to the press so long as he got a speck of publicity out of it – so the truth is probably that Mikey Graham from Boyzone just saw Mika from his cardboard box outside Woolworths and asked for some change, to which Mika replied "I gave it all away. Plus I need the money I do have for when people work out I'm rubbish and stop buying my records in a few months' time."

http://www.hecklerspray.com/mika-effs-up-the-boyzone-reunion/200710803.php

I will slap them for being so rude about Mika:mf_rosetinted:

Have you heard the news? Boyzone are reforming because they've put aside their differences and not because Take That and the Spice Girls have got rich doing it and nobody cares about Ronan Keating's solo career any more.

Yes, Boyzone – the most famous elderly Irish boyband after Westlife and Murtagh Fitzpatrick And The Clodpoopers – are reforming, but there's a hitch. Boyzone wanted their comeback single to be I Gave It All Away, a song written by inexplicably popular annoyance Mika – but Mika's not having it. That's a good thing, because when a band interprets a songwriter's work, the result is often a brand-new, unique piece of music spliced equally from each party's DNA like a baby – and we can all agree that a part-Mika/ part-Boyzone baby would probably end up looking and sounding a lot like the disfigured genetically-deformed mutant puppy from The Fly II.

Although the reunions of Take That and the Spice Girls have shown that there's definitely a market for cacky old past-it pop groups transparently trying to make a quick buck for as long as they can bear looking at each other for, the failure of the All Saints comeback and the East 17 comeback proved that it's just as easy for these comebacks to fail.

So right now it could go either way for Boyzone, the Westlife-inventing Irish boyband responsible for Ronan Keating, that bloke who used to be on Coronation Street, him out of Love Island, the one who looks like he's spent the last decade sobbing, The Other One and – to a lesser extent – Louis Walsh. This week Boyzone reported that they were reforming after what seems to be a painfully short amount of time. We would have reported it, but we were too busy crying.

But the Boyzone reunion isn't without its obstacles. And not the obvious obstacle, either – the obstacle of Ronan Keating being so completely punch-worthy that the other Boyzone members would be so busy thinking about slapping him in his stupid smug face that they'd never get any work done – but another obstacle. It's been reported that Boyzone wanted to use I Gave It All Away, a song written by infuriating one-hit wonder Mika, as their lead comeback single with a performance on Children In Need to promote it. However, Mika has refused to let Boyzone release it because he apparently thinks that Boyzone are 'too cheesy' – a little like Dr Harold Shipman chiding Fred West for being 'too murdery.'

"Mika wrote the song and made it available for other artists. Boyzone loved it. They thought it was perfect to launch their comeback so they recorded it and it sounded great – a certain No 1. Just like the track, Mika gave it all away. But then he took it back again."

While in the short-term this is an obvious win-win for all involved – because the end result of a Boyzone/ Mika hybrid would invariably sound like a gang of dullards trying to mimic a twelfth-rate Freddie Mercury impersonator with a keychange in the middle where everyone stands up, and almost certainly the very worst thing your ears would have ever heard – it might be worth taking all this with a pinch of salt.

Because, after all, Boyzone's manager used to be Louis Walsh – a man who'd happily feed any old bull**** to the press so long as he got a speck of publicity out of it – so the truth is probably that Mikey Graham from Boyzone just saw Mika from his cardboard box outside Woolworths and asked for some change, to which Mika replied "I gave it all away. Plus I need the money I do have for when people work out I'm rubbish and stop buying my records in a few months' time."

Stupid t**ts!!! :sneaky2::sneaky2:

The date of this article is November 8, 2007!

Maybe you all knew that but I didn't & it confused me with the new things I am hearing now about the possible future release of this song with this group.

I do think that the authour Stuart Heritage couldn't make up his mind if he thinks Mika is a talent or not.

You can't claim that Mika is a "one hit wonder" then blame Mika for not releasing one of his songs that might help Boyzone by being a hit.

He doesn't sound like he thinks much of Boyzone & the other groups he mentioned either.

What a weird guy!

What credentials does Stuart Heritage have to be in the music review business??

Does anybody know the real reason Mika didn't allow his song to be used & is now considering it??

I am a Mika fan so I would really like to hear the song.

Does anybody know where one can hear it??