Stephen's set to top the charts for one last time

dcdeb

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not appreciate 'formats' unless I appreciate the content. :cool:

Therefore, I stay away from people who might be good at their profession but whose views make me want to throw eggs at them in public. :bash:

Calling Mika "a twelfth-rate Freddie Mercury impersonator" is not funny :no: by any standard.:sneaky2:

(PS: True I lose my sense of humour immediately when it comes to bashing Mika)

Edited by suzie

The date of this article is November 8, 2007!

Maybe you all knew that but I didn't & it confused me with the new things I am hearing now about the possible future release of this song with this group.

I do think that the authour Stuart Heritage couldn't make up his mind if he thinks Mika is a talent or not.

You can't claim that Mika is a "one hit wonder" then blame Mika for not releasing one of his songs that might help Boyzone by being a hit.

He doesn't sound like he thinks much of Boyzone & the other groups he mentioned either.

What a weird guy!

What credentials does Stuart Heritage have to be in the music review business??

Does anybody know the real reason Mika didn't allow his song to be used & is now considering it??

I am a Mika fan so I would really like to hear the song.

Does anybody know where one can hear it??

That article is SO 2007! I doubt there was any truth to it of Boyzone wouldn't be working with Mika now. I think he probably wanted some changes to the song, or something like that. It's certainly not worth worrying over. It's best left in the past.

I would love to hear the song too. But it might not be the one that Boyzone are going to release as a single.

That article is SO 2007! I doubt there was any truth to it of Boyzone wouldn't be working with Mika now. I think he probably wanted some changes to the song, or something like that. It's certainly not worth worrying over. It's best left in the past.

I would love to hear the song too. But it might not be the one that Boyzone are going to release as a single.

That is the old article from 2007.

Marilyn the newest article dated Oct. 22/09 is posted on the first page of this thread by dcdeb.

The verdict is still out. :shocked::boxed:

LMFAO, Mika, a one hit wonder? When he's had FIVE top ten hits - one of them being a number 1 and with a number 1 album - and a recently released second album?

Someone obviously hasn't done their research. Idiot.

:lmfao: This particular innaccuracy gets me every time :teehee:

Can't take anyone seriously who doesn't even know THE FACTS. And he has a lot of anger there, he needs a bit of therapy if you ask me :aah:

Well one-hit wonder isn't a literal term. An artist can have more than one top 10 hit at the start of their career and history will show them to be a one-hit wonder in retrospect.

If The Boy and all his subsequent albums tanked, believe me, Mika would be called a one-hit wonder by everyone in 20 years - and rightly so. You really can't blame anyone for saying so in 2007.

Well one-hit wonder isn't a literal term. An artist can have more than one top 10 hit at the start of their career and history will show them to be a one-hit wonder in retrospect.

If The Boy and all his subsequent albums tanked, believe me, Mika would be called a one-hit wonder by everyone in 20 years - and rightly so. You really can't blame anyone for saying so in 2007.

You have really depressed me now.....:blink::roftl:

I see your reasoning though! It's possible he will only ever be remembered for Grace Kelly. I'd rather not think about it, however :tears:

That is the old article from 2007.

Marilyn the newest article dated Oct. 22/09 is posted on the first page of this thread by dcdeb.

The verdict is still out. :shocked::boxed:

Yes I am up to date. I was only explaining to the new fan that the article quoted was an old one and the new fan needn't worry about it.

:Update:

from The Sun today

After the funeral the Boyzone boys went to LA together to decide their future as a group. They pledged to finish the album they had been working on when Stephen died.

The first single will be a track called Gave It All Away, which was written by pop star Mika.

Ronan said: "About two years ago we were given this song which was written by Mika. We loved it so we recorded it for our greatest hits. At the last minute Mika pulled the song and took it back.

"But Stephen had loved it so much we asked whether we could get permission to use it.

"We were in Los Angeles at the time - and then the weirdest thing happened. The hotel lift doors opened and there was Mika! I'm thinking, 'This is really messed up. It must be fate'.

"Mika said, 'I know what you are going to say - the song is yours'.

"So we are going to complete the record and that will be the first single. There are two other songs with Stephen's vocals on them."

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2731083/Boyzones-Ronan-Keating-on-his-grief-for-Stephen-Gately.html

from The Sun today

After the funeral the Boyzone boys went to LA together to decide their future as a group. They pledged to finish the album they had been working on when Stephen died.

The first single will be a track called Gave It All Away, which was written by pop star Mika.

Ronan said: "About two years ago we were given this song which was written by Mika. We loved it so we recorded it for our greatest hits. At the last minute Mika pulled the song and took it back.

"But Stephen had loved it so much we asked whether we could get permission to use it.

"We were in Los Angeles at the time - and then the weirdest thing happened. The hotel lift doors opened and there was Mika! I'm thinking, 'This is really messed up. It must be fate'.

"So we are going to complete the record and that will be the first single. There are two other songs with Stephen's vocals on them."

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2731083/Boyzones-Ronan-Keating-on-his-grief-for-Stephen-Gately.html

Looks official then? :blink:

from The Sun today

Ace! :biggrin2:

Nice one Mika :biggrin2:

Now this proves the existance of a higher power doesn't it! What a lovely scene at the lift with Mika and the boys, and now Mika is doing the right thing. I think it's also destiny that the song wasn't released earlier, because it wouldn't have been a tribute to Stephen if it had been released in 2008. This is priceless!

I also love that they said MIKA wrote the song, not co-wrote!

Now this proves the existance of a higher power doesn't it! What a lovely scene at the lift with Mika and the boys, and now Mika is doing the right thing. I think it's also destiny that the song wasn't released earlier, because it wouldn't have been a tribute to Stephen if it had been released in 2008. This is priceless!

Your religious per chance?

I always thought Mika would do the generous thing - it would have been mean to still say no - definitely not in his nature, I think :wub2:

It is nice that he got to say it personally to them, not through agents and managers and stuff :biggrin2:

from The Sun today

I hope it's true, I really had an -awwwwwwwwwwIwanttopinchMikascheeks- moment:wub2:

I always thought Mika would do the generous thing - it would have been mean to still say no - definitely not in his nature, I think :wub2:

well, it also helps mika i'd say... there's so much press and hype around this single because it's stephen's last one, and mika will probably be mentioned every time the single is mentioned or reviewed. i don't say that he said yes because of that, but it IS a win-win-situation for both of them. and for the fans. brilliant! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

well, it also helps mika i'd say... there's so much press and hype around this single because it's stephen's last one, and mika will probably be mentioned every time the single is mentioned or reviewed. i don't say that he said yes because of that, but it IS a win-win-situation for both of them. and for the fans. brilliant! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

I hope you are right :thumb_yello:

from The Sun today

I really hope this Sunarticle is true.

I would love to hear this song.

I also like the heart behind this tribute.

If this account is true I am not surprised by Mika's graciousness.

We still know the real reason Mika pulled the song in the first place - if he did.

Mika has never spoken publically about this drama.

We still know the real reason Mika pulled the song in the first place - if he did.
we do? :blink: guess i missed this... link (or info), anyone? :blush-anim-cl:

I think a "don't" is missing in the previous post..:wink2:

there's so much press and hype around this single because it's stephen's last one

I suspects it is not only because it's Stephen's last one. It might as well be that it is a most fitting song....

It is nice that he got to say it personally to them, not through agents and managers and stuff :biggrin2:

I also thought so, basically the moment this guy died. I think there was no way out for Mika, really.

Your religious per chance?

Yes I am a qualified worship leader for the Methodist church. I don't believe in ramming my beliefs down peoples' throats, but when something like this happens, it feels right to point out that someone up there is in control!

Mika would still have given them the song, but the way it actually happened is wonderful. If the boys had been a minute earlier, or Mika had been a minute later, they wouldn't have met at the lift, and Mika wouldn't have had the chance to tell them face-to-face that the song was now theirs