Stephen's set to top the charts for one last time

dcdeb

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am a qualified worship leader for the Methodist church. I don't believe in ramming my beliefs down peoples' throats, but when something like this happens, it feels right to point out that someone up there is in control!

Mika would still have given them the song, but the way it actually happened is wonderful. If the boys had been a minute earlier, or Mika had been a minute later, they wouldn't have met at the lift, and Mika wouldn't have had the chance to tell them face-to-face that the song was now theirs

maybe they were stalking him in LA to get the song. :naughty:

Now this proves the existance of a higher power doesn't it! What a lovely scene at the lift with Mika and the boys, and now Mika is doing the right thing. I think it's also destiny that the song wasn't released earlier, because it wouldn't have been a tribute to Stephen if it had been released in 2008. This is priceless!

I also love that they said MIKA wrote the song, not co-wrote!

:naughty: I'm afraid that the only thing that it proves is that Mika and Ronan were at the same place, at the same time. Anything else is open to interpretation :wink2:. In my book, it's called 'coincidence'.

maybe they were stalking him in LA to get the song. :naughty:

Yes, another theory could be that Ronan was actively stalking Mika :lmfao:

well, it also helps mika i'd say... there's so much press and hype around this single because it's stephen's last one, and mika will probably be mentioned every time the single is mentioned or reviewed. i don't say that he said yes because of that, but it IS a win-win-situation for both of them. and for the fans. brilliant! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Yes, I also think that this will be a very good thing for Mika. The fact that the song was written by him will be great publicity, and people will see him under a new light.

Yes, I also think that this will be a very good thing for Mika. The fact that the song was written by him will be great publicity, and people will see him under a new light.

Agree. Although I can understand why Mika was reluctant all that time ago (them not doing it the way Mika intended, the song being one of his many babies an'all...) it will also benefit him quite well. Publicity. Possibly more album/single sales...

Agree. Although I can understand why Mika was reluctant all that time ago (them not doing it the way Mika intended, the song being one of his many babies an'all...) it will also benefit him quite well. Publicity. Possibly more album/single sales...

Agreed. And I really wonder what his real thinking was back then, and what made him change his mind...

Now I'm very curious to what they will make of it:naughty:

So am I :teehee:

Agreed. And I really wonder what his real thinking was back then, and what made him change his mind...

Because Boyzone already recorded it, and Stephen just died and was one of his last songs, Mika knew they wanted to release it and thought that if he still had it pulled back he'd be seen as the devil? :dunno:

Because Boyzone already recorded it, and Stephen just died and was one of his last songs, Mika knew they wanted to release it and thought that if he still had it pulled back he'd be seen as the devil? :dunno:

I think you sum it up pretty well :roftl: It would have been bad PR if he had been stubborn and refused. And tbh, I don't think he could be that mean anyway :wub2:

I think you sum it up pretty well :roftl: It would have been bad PR if he had been stubborn and refused. And tbh, I don't think he could be that mean anyway :wub2:

Exactly. It would not have looked good to refuse it now.

But you're right...I'm sure Mika couldn't have in good conscience refused in these circumstances anyways.

Well we hope it will be good for mika...if the song is bad though, or, should i say, boyzone make it bad, then mika might get the blame, but let's hope that this doesn't happen though. i'm sure it'll be great :aah:

Well we hope it will be good for mika...if the song is bad though, or, should i say, boyzone make it bad, then mika might get the blame, but let's hope that this doesn't happen though. i'm sure it'll be great :aah:

I'm sure that it will sound good. Boyzone may not be everyone's cup of tea but they could always sing quite well, and, cheesy or not, their albums make for easy listening, so I'm quite sure that it will be at the very least pleasant on the ear :naughty:.

*Imagines Boyzone spying on Mika from a dustbin*:roftl:

dustbin?! :lmfao: LOL!! :roftl:

Now I'm very curious to what they will make of it:naughty:

tbh, i think the song sounded like a boyzone song in the first place, not like a mika song. so it's interesting that he makes it so clear in this norwegian interview that he never wrote songs for anyone else but himself. wonder if that's also true for the eros ramazzotti song - aren't the lyrics for that italian? :blink:

:naughty: I'm afraid that the only thing that it proves is that Mika and Ronan were at the same place, at the same time. Anything else is open to interpretation :wink2:. In my book, it's called 'coincidence'.

Yes quite a few MFCers have happened upon the same "miracle"/"coincidence". Think I'm going with Mellody's stalking theory. :teehee:

tbh, i think the song sounded like a boyzone song in the first place, not like a mika song. so it's interesting that he makes it so clear in this norwegian interview that he never wrote songs for anyone else but himself.

I totally agree with you and I really have a hard time accepting what he says about writing all his songs for himself. I don't even understand why this song would be available for someone else to record if he wrote it for himself.

Yes quite a few MFCers have happened upon the same "miracle"/"coincidence". Think I'm going with Mellody's stalking theory. :teehee:

I totally agree with you and I really have a hard time accepting what he says about writing all his songs for himself. I don't even understand why this song would be available for someone else to record if he wrote it for himself.

1) ronan learnt from the best. :naughty:

2) well mika also talked about that in the interview that was posted on the previous page. but he's definitely trying to talk his way around the question in general, so who knows what we can believe... :teehee:

tbh, i think the song sounded like a boyzone song in the first place, not like a mika song. so it's interesting that he makes it so clear in this norwegian interview that he never wrote songs for anyone else but himself. wonder if that's also true for the eros ramazzotti song - aren't the lyrics for that italian? :blink:

Maybe Mika speaks to himself in Italian in private? :naughty:

Maybe Mika speaks to himself in Italian in private? :naughty:

doesn't he mostly know swear words in italian? :naughty: but then, i've no idea what the italian lyrics mean and what sort of stuff mika says to himself... :lmfao::roftl:

I thought Mika just composed the music and Eros wrote the lyrics. Didn't he sing a bit of it in English on a radio show once...or am I imagining things? :blink:

don't know, didn't follow that thread tbh... but i guess they've been working together then, no? so mika wrote the music FOR eros... :fisch: or do you mean, mika wrote just an instrumental that eros decided to use and then added lyrics? :blink:

don't know, didn't follow that thread tbh... but i guess they've been working together then, no? so mika wrote the music FOR eros... :fisch: or do you mean, mika wrote just an instrumental that eros decided to use and then added lyrics? :blink:

I don't know how it happened. But Mika sang backing vocals on the album so I would think there was some collaboration and it wasn't just a matter of Eros picking a song out of a catalogue and buying it for his own use. Just my guess :dunno:

I thought Mika just composed the music and Eros wrote the lyrics. Didn't he sing a bit of it in English on a radio show once...or am I imagining things? :blink:

no, you didn't imagine it, he did sing some of it in english. can't remember where though :dunno:

tbh, i think the song sounded like a boyzone song in the first place, not like a mika song. so it's interesting that he makes it so clear in this norwegian interview that he never wrote songs for anyone else but himself.

I have a theory for that...:teehee:

I think he might have been trying out different styles earlier in order to get a record deal - trying to be brown, blue and violet sky..etc - one of the identities being a pin-up star...:biggrin2:.. but he soon realised / people made him realise it wouldn't work, so he gave those songs away...:naughty:..i.e. made it available for other artists to buy so that he can finance himself. But by the time Boyzone discovered it, his career kicked off and found the song slightly embarrassing - almost a contradiction to what GK was all about:biggrin2:

wonder if that's also true for the eros ramazzotti song - aren't the lyrics for that italian? :blink:

My theory is that he wrote a song in English with Guy Chambers. I am not sure what GC's part was (probably Mika wrote lyrics and melody an GC wrote the chords / arranged it...etc) but I think the song was 'sold' to Eros as a song written by Guy Chambers.... Eros probably still thought so until this summer..:naughty:. I mean, he obviously wouldn't have been interested in a song written by someone unknown. He wanted Robbie Williams's songwriter to write him a hit.

As for the lyrics, they obviously wrote a new version in Italian.

I have a theory for that...:teehee:

I think he might have been trying out different styles earlier in order to get a record deal - trying to be brown, blue and violet sky..etc - one of the identities being a pin-up star...:biggrin2:.. but he soon realised / people made him realise it wouldn't work, so he gave those songs away...:naughty:..i.e. made it available for other artists to buy so that he can finance himself. But by the time Boyzone discovered it, his career kicked off and found the song slightly embarrassing - almost a contradiction to what GK was all about:biggrin2:

My theory is that he wrote a song in English with Guy Chambers. I am not sure what GC's part was (probably Mika wrote lyrics and melody an GC wrote the chords / arranged it...etc) but I think the song was 'sold' to Eros as a song written by Guy Chambers.... Eros probably still thought so until this summer..:naughty:. I mean, he obviously wouldn't have been interested in a song written by someone unknown. He wanted Robbie Williams's songwriter to write him a hit.

As for the lyrics, they obviously wrote a new version in Italian.

yep, i think this is what happened :thumb_yello: