Little Noise Review in Cosmopolitan UK by India Whiley-Morton (Jo's 17 y.o.daughter!)

Blue Sky

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice report sunshine :biggrin2:

I dont get the crowding thing either .. but hmm tis life I guess

<cant wait for next years gigs>

The problem was the lack of security I think - the MFC would probably sort themselves out into an orderly queue, but non-MFCers don't understand it and don't take too kindly to us trying to organise them (as we saw from queueing to go in). You need an outsider (or John :naughty:) to control things.

The problem was the lack of security I think - the MFC would probably sort themselves out into an orderly queue, but non-MFCers don't understand it and don't take too kindly to us trying to organise them (as we saw from queueing to go in). You need an outsider (or John :naughty:) to control things.

Yeh John is for sure the man , I dont see why MFC reps cant help mind you , it doesnt have to be a mod / admin "job" by any means .....

Gone are the days of 10 waiting for him ! .. Hmm wounder what next year will bring

Yeh John is for sure the man , I dont see why MFC reps cant help mind you , it doesnt have to be a mod / admin "job" by any means .....

Gone are the days of 10 waiting for him ! .. Hmm wounder what next year will bring

pah! I waited to meet him after the first time I saw him (London), and there were only about 10 people, and he never came out :aah:

I got slagged off when I tried to stop people crowding the gate at Westerpark last year! And that was for general safety more than anything, because of all the vehicles coning out!

I got slagged off when I tried to stop people crowding the gate at Westerpark last year! And that was for general safety more than anything, because of all the vehicles coning out!

It's ridiculous. I swear to God that all we need is just a better system, like us forming a queue between railings and going up to Mika one by one. That way no-one gets missed, no-one gets harrassed, and we could even use the number system. Simples.

If people abide by the rules...some people can be such gits.

I think I remember Jo saying something once about India being into more guitar based bands (this is a child, that once had a bedtime story read to her by Chris Martin of Coldplay), so I think she looks on Mikas kind of music as a guilty pleasure, because of that.

Ah yes, I see, I get that and understand the comment now :thumb_yello:

It's ridiculous. I swear to God that all we need is just a better system, like us forming a queue between railings and going up to Mika one by one. That way no-one gets missed, no-one gets harrassed, and we could even use the number system. Simples.

That would be a great idea, and at some venues, they would be happy to do it. Birmingham and Doncaster where great for that, totally organised, and inside too! If the other venues followed suit, it would make life easier and faster for everyone. We missed our tube on Wednesday, and it was the last one, so we got a taxi babck to Hammersmith.

That would be a great idea, and at some venues, they would be happy to do it. Birmingham and Doncaster where great for that, totally organised, and inside too! If the other venues followed suit, it would make life easier and faster for everyone. We missed our tube on Wednesday, and it was the last one, so we got a taxi babck to Hammersmith.

Oh my God don't even get me started on Wednesday :roftl:

1) We missed our last tube ride

2) Wandered around London trying to find the right bus

3) Got the bus but ended up going the wrong freakin' way

4) Wandered around London again trying to find a cab

5) Got into the hotel at about 1:30am :roftl::roftl:

haha you stole that quote off someone else on the other thread THIEF THIEF :wink2:

Yeah I did, but I think it's best way of describing Mika's performance. This must be the only vlog I've done where I can easily watch it all over again and then some.

yes Mikafish suggested this after seeing it at another gig I think it might have been that nutini bloke.

I think it would work so much better, and when the last person is seen by Mika then his car can pick him up, he doesnt have to move, he doesnt have to be crowded or mobbed and he doesnt have to be grabbed/hugged/kissed or mauled against his will and unable to say p*ss off out of politeness, also if HE is faceing US then it will be harder to ask for pics WITH him (I know I am shooting myself in the foot here but I have given up hope of getting a pic with him, it aint the end of the world tho I am sure I can live with it loL).

yes Mikafish suggested this after seeing it at another gig I think it might have been that nutini bloke.

I think it would work so much better, and when the last person is seen by Mika then his car can pick him up, he doesnt have to move, he doesnt have to be crowded or mobbed and he doesnt have to be grabbed/hugged/kissed or mauled against his will and unable to say p*ss off out of politeness, also if HE is faceing US then it will be harder to ask for pics WITH him (I know I am shooting myself in the foot here but I have given up hope of getting a pic with him, it aint the end of the world tho I am sure I can live with it loL).

I saw it at the Jimmy Carr gig I went to. Everyone was so civilised and that was indoors too. I don't think pictures would be a problem to be honest, you'll be around people you know who can take pictures for you. I've had pictures of me with Mika in the photo too, but I haven't actually had a picture of Mika and I posing at the same camera. That would be lovely. And a hug :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

So did we by 30 seconds, ended up on the right bus unknowingly terminated in the op direction so had to get a taxi RIGHT back past the gig etc (it was only 2 tube stops to out hotle too).

Didn't get in till after 2am:sneaky2:

I saw it at the Jimmy Carr gig I went to. Everyone was so civilised and that was indoors too. I don't think pictures would be a problem to be honest, you'll be around people you know who can take pictures for you. I've had pictures of me with Mika in the photo too, but I haven't actually had a picture of Mika and I posing at the same camera. That would be lovely. And a hug :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

I had hug envy of Allegra cos Mika acctually moved in for a hug off her not her off him :wub2: *green* lol, don't think I would have been able to let go so fast if it was me lol.

I had hug envy of Allegra cos Mika acctually moved in for a hug off her not her off him :wub2: *green* lol, don't think I would have been able to let go so fast if it was me lol.

I've never had a voluntary hug off him yet, he seems to prefer to take the p*** out of me!

I've never had a voluntary hug off him yet, he seems to prefer to take the p*** out of me!

Sometimes I think that's kinda better. I guess he thinks he knows you well enough and feels comfortable enough around you to joke with you.

I had a voluntary hug from Andy though and a voluntary handshake from Jimmy. I'm happy.

:roftl::roftl:

if HE is faceing US then it will be harder to ask for pics WITH him (I know I am shooting myself in the foot here but I have given up hope of getting a pic with him, it aint the end of the world tho I am sure I can live with it loL).

yeah- in the US he seemed to be moving towards competitions after shows- which I think is a good idea for big gigs, especially for anything more than a brief autograph, if entry to the the comp is reasonably open. Then we'd still have a chance of getting the desired pic with Mika and he would control access and numbers. There could always be a "subject to availability" clause in case he reasonably didn't want to m&g- I'm certainly not suggesting he does more than he does now

Lets hope MFCers win the video comp

yeah- in the US he seemed to be moving towards competitions after shows- which I think is a good idea for big gigs, especially for anything more than a brief autograph, if entry to the the comp is reasonably open. Then we'd still have a chance of getting the desired pic with Mika and he would control access and numbers. There could always be a "subject to availability" clause in case he reasonably didn't want to m&g- I'm certainly not suggesting he does more than he does now

Lets hope MFCers win the video comp

we're supposed to find out who the top 5 winners are but alas, nothing. are we surprised? no.

we're supposed to find out who the top 5 winners are but alas, nothing. are we surprised? no.

Yeah but you know the WAG video competition was only mentioned (in guilt :wink2:) because they were advertising the Rain Remix competition and thought "oh sh!t... forgot we hadn't looked at those yet ... oooops" :teehee:

We have our fingers crossed really tightly for you :huglove:

I kind of thought that last year when Mika performed at their home around Christmas time.

Was that last christmas or the Christmas before?

It was in 2007. Mika had had to cancel gigs in London on Dec. 3 and 4 but he was a bit better by the time he went to Jo Whiley's.

I'm sure they will put barriers up on the regular tour (if he plans to do signings). They may not be expecting Mika will spend much time signing autographs and chatting after these one-offs and promo gigs. From what I heard he just wanted to go home after Little Noise because he had to go to Oz in the morning, not spend the night making sure he spoke to everyone.

I think Mika needs to move down the line though so he can control the situation and the timing. Otherwise, just like you get people who follow him in the mob, you're going to get people who just won't move on quickly enough.

yeah- in the US he seemed to be moving towards competitions after shows- which I think is a good idea for big gigs, especially for anything more than a brief autograph, if entry to the the comp is reasonably open. Then we'd still have a chance of getting the desired pic with Mika and he would control access and numbers.

I don't think any regular MFCers won these meet and greets in North America. We got to see him because it was arranged for MFC, but the numbers in North America are closer to 20 MFCers at a gig, not 100+.

Even so these meetings are still quite brief and you're not always allowed photos. He doesn't have a lot of time to spend with people any way you slice it. Even in North America he has so many after-show obligations it never ceases to amaze me that he stops to sign autographs and chat outside.

Yeah but you know the WAG video competition was only mentioned (in guilt :wink2:) because they were advertising the Rain Remix competition and thought "oh sh!t... forgot we hadn't looked at those yet ... oooops" :teehee:

that could be a factor lol. Thanks :huglove:

It was in 2007. Mika had had to cancel gigs in London on Dec. 3 and 4 but he was a bit better by the time he went to Jo Whiley's.QUOTE]

Thank you Christine.

Wow! That was two years ago.

Isn't that a bit cynical?

Or am I naive?

Or did I not take the :wink2: seriously enough? :shocked::blink: