REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm all over this thread :naughty: I will just leave it and read over it properly when I'm home.

Oh dear and damn. I think I've just become a Patrick Wolf fan.

Watching his new vid on RAGE.

Lovely. :wub2:

Well done! Patrick Wolf is awesome! He'll be in Sydney like next weekend I think :das:(Don't bring your flossy .. erm, he has been known to remove his clothing mid-show)

Okay, time to finish my report I suppose :naughty:

ok well can I just say here, the person who pretty much prevented me from meeting mika was his manager. he stood between mika and me the whole time pretty much, I mean as nice as he had been backstage or whatever sort of changed in the croud!

and because he was official I couldnt be rude back!

It irritated me so much and I was just begging him dude please I came all the way from new zealand please let me meet him...and he did nothing! :boxed:

maybe it was cos I said he looked like michael hurst lol!

:roftl:

What exactly did he do that was rude? And what do you mean he did nothing?

On the general subject of protocol for a meet and greet...every situation is different so as a fan you really can't plan it in advance. Oftentimes we don't even know where, when or if we're going to get to see him.

The only way to guarantee that everyone is going to see Mika is for Team Mika to make certain arrangements and for Mika to take enough time to get through everyone. It's not something we really have much control over. If Mika wanders freely into a room with several dozen fans he is almost certain to get mobbed and then it's a fight to get through to him.

I would just advise people to act civilized and do what you're told. This is the best chance you have of Mika extending the time he spends greeting fans. It's a risk because there are often people around who aren't going to act civilized or do what they're told as well, but personally I'd rather miss out on an autograph or whatever than be the one remembered for shouting at him and sticking things in his face.

Rosi, you don't need a short seat to feel short :lmfao::fisch:

shhhhhhhh!

:roftl:

What exactly did he do that was rude? And what do you mean he did nothing?

john(?) the manager basically stood between me and mika wherever I went during the meet and greet, as if so everyone else could have their turn but he didnt seem to notice me. I didnt get to meet him and I was saying

" john please its not fair I flew all the way from new zealand, I waited so everyone got their turn now im going to miss out"

and he basically walled me until mika was out! there were like 3 other people telling him in the end "mr this girl came all the way from new zealand to meet mika" and he really didnt care! then mika was gone so I had to give my stuff to john...I really hope in then mika even gets the stuff! I had to give kaylahs message to joanie because john wouldnt even take it! it was kinda mean if you ask me! I was patient and he still stopped me!

im not meaning to complain about john he was nice back stage and I guess he thought he was doing his job but its a bit difficult! I guess like many other people in sidney couldnt even see me! hehe

Edited by RosinaKiwi

Oh...I'm sorry to hear about that Rosina. That sucks. I wouldn't take it personally though. My thought is that John works for Mika (Mika is boss) and probably got instructions from Mika that he really wanted to go.

I would hate to have that job in be in that awful position of disappointing so many fans. :boxed:

I'm sorry you were disappointed Rosina. I tend to agree with what Suzy says although I wasn't there of course so I'm not going to try to minimize it. If it's any consolation I'm sure John would have given your gift to Mika or his mother and I personally would entrust anything to his care if I couldn't give it to Mika myself. He's a decent guy and Mika has expressed enough times how important the gifts are to him, so I would be confident John would get it to him.

Oh...I'm sorry to hear about that Rosina. That sucks. I wouldn't take it personally though. My thought is that John works for Mika (Mika is boss) and probably got instructions from Mika that he really wanted to go.

I would hate to have that job in be in that awful position of disappointing so many fans. :boxed:

yeah...but first of all that doesnt explain why he didnt take khaylas letter...what did he think it was a letter bomb or something?

and second of all he stood in front of me from the first moment mika came out that gate thing! I was still behind john when mika turned to him and said "I want to go home". thats the point when I started to resign myself to the fact I wasnt going to meet him.

I'm sorry you were disappointed Rosina. I tend to agree with what Suzy says although I wasn't there of course so I'm not going to try to minimize it. If it's any consolation I'm sure John would have given your gift to Mika or his mother and I personally would entrust anything to his care if I couldn't give it to Mika myself. He's a decent guy and Mika has expressed enough times how important the gifts are to him, so I would be confident John would get it to him.

like I said im not hating him, he was uber nice backstage, but I was just a bit miffed as to why john stood in front of me from the time mika came out the gate!

im thinking now maybe hes just like the people in sydney who see over my head and forget that im there. But I was being perfectly loud so he would know I was there, I shall never know!

Edited by RosinaKiwi

yeah...but first of all that doesnt explain why he didnt take khaylas letter...what did he think it was a letter bomb or something?

When did this happen? You gave him the gift but he wouldn't take the letter at the same time? :blink:

Okay, I don't remember where I was up to. Something around Mika coming on stage I think.

So the band had sat on a couch and Mika had farted around pretending to be an astronaut, and he was about to come back on stage. We'd looked up the North American setlist and memorised it, assuming it would be the same. So it wasn't a surprise when he started singing Relax.

[fangurl]

For two years (well, maybe a bit less so recently) I've obsessively read and watched and listened to everything about every show Mika did. I knew the old set by heart, I'd seen it a thousand times in videos and a thousand times in my head. And I'd been told a thousand times how I couldn't POSSIBLY understand how brilliant and fantastic it is. So how was it really, after all that time? It was .. good. Well, it WAS like I expected. To be honest I wasn't blown away by how fantastic it was and how much it exceeded by expectations, I didn't spend the whole show thinking "oh my god, this is so amazing, I could never have imagined how good this is". But it was amazing, I guess I just always knew it would be. Or maybe it was TOO MUCH FUN for my mind to be able to create thoughts. This was by far the funnest show I have ever been to (roughly 5,000,000 times the fun-level of any other), I was laughing and smiling and laughing (and also laughing) the whole way through. I still don't know if it was because of Mika's show, or because I was surrounded by such awesome people, or both, or what, but I know I'll do everything in and out of my control to make sure I'll be at as many shows involving Mika and/or aussie MFCers as physically possible. I wasn't struck by how fantastic his voice was, I've heard it so much before, it was just the same :dunno: I was struck by how much eye contact he makes, though. I feel like he must have spent about 80-90% of the show making proper eye contact with the front row, and 10-20% looking at the rest of the audience. Like, full sentences looking right into your eyes, not like he just happened to be looking in your direction, it feels like he singing AT you. I certainly know where I'll be in any future gigs. While his signing didn't awe me, his dancing did. You see him dancing in videos and it's fine, yeah, he's dancing, great, but seeing him dance in real life is different somehow, like 'wow, he's really just making that up on the spot. It looks both retarded and awesome at the same time.' Like the WAG video or soemthing, he dances like a kid in their room, but in front of 2,000 people who are all looking at him. I do love some good stupid-dancing on stage :naughty: I sung along to everything. I wasn't sure if I would feel so inclined, as often when there is a more quiet band or one where the singer has a particularly nice voice, I hate to ruin it with my awful one. I was amazed at how well I could recall the lyrics, especially to the new songs, although I really actually don't know the lyrics to One Foot Boy :naughty: The one other thing I didn't expect (how freaking long can this paragraph get?) was his band. I didn't realise how much of a part they'd play, I'm very glad we were in front of Martin because he was great to watch, he really really was having the greatest fun. I loved Jimmy on the couch, but I didn't really look over to him during the show, and I didn't hardly look at Sunshine or Cherrise at all during the show. I liked Imma though, despite having a predisposed dislike for her based on my like for Saranayde and dislike of her hair :naughty:

[/fangurl]

So, back to the actual show. The security guards told us before the show - "No flash and no videos", if they saw us use flash or video, they'd give us one warning and then kick us out. Stupid stupid stupid, what possible reason could they have against filming? Originally I was going to film Touches you and then Big Girl when we found out about Tegan and Rosina and co, and then maaybee Lollipop. When I found out about the stupid filming rule I decided I'd try Big Girl and see how it goes. Of course, before Mika even came on I realised my camera was down to one bar of battery, like I'd spent the entire day papping or something :blink: So I wasn't really sure if my camera would last through all of Big Girl or not, but it was worth a try anyway. Even though in my head I was also holding out hope for photos with Mika and the band at the afterparty, and I certainly can't settle for anything but 12mfp.

ANYWAY, Mika came out and sung Relax. After Boring McBoring-face everything got moved away from the front half of the stage, and there was plenty of room for Mika to run around like a crazy person. After carrying on his suitcase and depositing it on the middle of the stage, he moved around the stage constantly, mostly at the middle, far left or far right. His keyboard (and imma) was on the other side of the stage, so I feel like he spent more time on our side than the right, but my impression might have been skewed. He really isn't capable of standing in one spot though, much to the disappointment of my photos, because I couldn't leave my camera on while he's hanging out on the other side of the stage, and then by the time my camera is on and focussed on him and I take the photo, he is running off to go and stand somewhere else again, meaning I have ended up with a whole lot of pictures of the back of his head.

Well, the fangurl paragraph from before pretty much sums up Relax. I was impressed by his eye contact and dancing. But for the large part I was antsy for the song coming up next. Finally Relax finished and it was time for Big Girl. I started recording, and the security guard near me seemed to be ignoring it so I didn't worry too much about it. Of course there was still a long wait untill the actual stars of the show came out, so I watched Mika for a while. When they did appear, I'm pretty sure the crowd erupted more than when Astro-boy walked on stage. My camera was angry about the bright wall of light behind the Big Girls, so I don't think it really focussed on them properly, and Bec's computer doesn't like my videos so I haven't been able to watch it. But they looked AWESOME! Those big girl outfits are so flattering, they looked HOT and their dancing was awesome! It was all eyes on the big girls and angry glances at this silly man in white that kept getting in the way and trying to hog the spotlight. I accidentally caught eyes with the security guard at one point and quickly looked away, but eventually he came over to me and told me to stop filming, so I had to stop. It was right near the end of the song though, I tried to quickly take some pictures of the big girls, starting at Tegan's end, but as soon as I'd taken a picture of Tegan they all ran off and I missed the others.

im thinking now maybe hes just like the people in sydney who see over my head and forget that im there. But I was being perfectly loud so he would know I was there, I shall never know!

Hey, don't try to blame other people just because you're out of their line of sight!! :naughty:

I saw John was ushering people around to make a clear path for Mika the whole time, I think/hope he didn't mean to distinctly keep you from meeting Mika, and maybe he didn't realise he kept pushing the same person away or something.

And to Kodes, I'd much rather not meet Mika than be pushy and rude.

exactly! he took my books, he took the bonecarving, he wouldnt take the letter! I had to give that to joanie because he wouldnt take it!

Well I'm not going to make excuses because I don't know why it happened, but it sounds like everything will get to Mika, so try not to worry about that.

And to Kodes, I'd much rather not meet Mika than be pushy and rude.

Hear, hear. It took me 2 years and quite a few gigs, but eventually my patience paid off. I realize Australian fans don't get as many opportunities, but Mika (and the other fans) are still the same human beings whether you've met Mika 20 times or never. Being desperate or having few opportunities is no justification for acting uncivilized.

Biance hassle Tanya for photos :naughty: Get her to burn hers to a dvd and/or send me them/a link to them via email :wink2:

I'm on her computer at the moment and she is sleeping, I shall have a look :das:

EDIT: Nah, I can't find them. She's got a really organised folder of other people's photos, but I can't find hers, I don't think she's put them on the computer yet :sneaky2:

Edited by Oakie Doke

I'm on her computer at the moment and she is sleeping, I shall have a look :das:

EDIT: Nah, I can't find them. She's got a really organised folder of other people's photos, but I can't find hers, I don't think she's put them on the computer yet :sneaky2:

Hmmmm looks like you'll need to find her camera :wink2:

Anything in this organised folder of other peoples that I should have? :fisch:

TBH Rosina, I think it was two major factors.

a.) Mika had said he wanted to go, and they were in the process of trying to get Mika out the door after that crazy drunk guy was bothering him.

b.) don't take this personally but you're small and very quiet.. it was so hard to hear you at times. I think maybe John didn't even hear you, or maybe he was sidetracked..

Stuck in the middle was good. There wasn't any zippadappadoo-ing with the audience like I always imagined, but it is a good song, and I watching Mika on the other side of the stage was fun enough. He certainly is lively behind a keyboard, randomly (and retardedly, I might add) sticking his foot out or his leg in the air.

After SITM the lights went down and suddenly the whole set came under a new light. And I finally understood that Mika didn't have little band aids on each cheek, they were stripes of UV paint :naughty: I suddenly realised the dirty circles were moons with glow in the dark paint, and the whole band's costumes were such intricate black and white designs for a reason. Basically, the whole stage went dark, and lit up in a totally different way. Mika went to his suitcase in the middle of the stage (where he'd deposited his jacket before Big Girl) and took out a feathered hat. I don't think he knew what to do with the hat - wear it, take it off, hold it, or wear it, but it was pretty and glowy. So he sung Dr John in glow in the dark. I didn't particularly like the song previously, but it was so interesting in UV (and with Mika running back and forth and dancing around) that I well enjoyed it. Actually, I enjoyed EVERY song in the concert.

I used to know the song order by heart, but now I've become one of those people who doesn't cheer until the actual words begin, because I don't even recorgnise the intro music :naughty: But I have always liked Blue Eyes. It's catchy. I tried to learn the guitar riff on ukulele. It's hard, I gave up immediately. Blue Eyes is definitely a fun song to sing along to, the words are so easy. It's also fun to sing a certain line the way a certain Mika sings it on a certain album. Mika kept eye contact with me for aages at one point in this song, and I have Blue Eyes and well, I might have fangurled, but lets just keep that quiet :naughty:

I was a bit depressed at the start of Touches You because I couldn't film it, and I'd been planning to for weeks. But there was no way I was going to risk filming another whole song, the security guard was like two metres away from me, and I'm a wimp. This song and Blame it on the girls are the two songs I REALLY like off TBWKTM, they are just fun sounding, and they were the two from that album that I was looking forward to seeing live the most. And it was good! His dancing was awesome! It was fun! I didn't even notice his touching thing, I think I was having too much fun :original:

Edited by Oakie Doke

N-oooooooooooooooooooooo. I just lost my whole post :mad3:

After Touches You he wandered over to his keyboard to try a significantly quieter/slower Pick up off the floor. But first he had to announce to the room that he was an idiot and had forgotten the key to the song, and his band refused to tell him what it was. They then told him and he could start, but not before DC could openly express his love for a particular one eyed lady :teehee: I enjoyed this song, despite it's quieter pace, especially since my newfound liking for it after seeing EJ's cover on youtube.

When it came time for the start of One Foot Boy it was really quite hilarious, because I could FINALLY sing it to my hearts content. I also found it extra funny because I really don't know any words than "One foot boy" over and over, and occasonally a "walking on my own" :naughty:

Blame it on the girls was another upbeat jumpy song. I'm pretty sure this song started in the dark and Mika grabbed a mask from his suitcase and put it on his head for about 0.02 seconds before putting it back (or it may have been another song, not that it matters, he seemed to change his mind about it almost immediately). He paid lots of attention to the two girls with their boy and girl cut outs during this song. They were next to Jodi who was next to me. He took one of their signs and ran across the stage with it to thrust it between his legs before going to give it back, because he's just strange like that.

He held a sing off between the two halves of the audience. Imma and Jimmy went to show their support of the right side and Martin and Sunshine came to support us, while Mika judged from the middle. It was well fun. Martin and Sunshine were having heaps of fun too.

Now Happy Ending had always been one of my big favourites in live shows. I pretty much collected videos and audio recordings of it. And it was just like it has always been - perfect. There's a few too many falsettos in other songs, but concentrate them all into one song and you have one freaking awesome live song.

Back over to the keyboard to play Billy Brown, always a fun song, made even funner when he announced that Sydney had better prepare itself for the greatest trumpet solo we'd ever heard. I used to love his trumpet solo on some acoustic version of Billy Brown floating around, and I loved this one just as much :naughty: I filmed it, pretending to snap away the whole time - take that security-fool-man! :naughty:

He made I See You nice and bouncy by running back and forth energetically, so that was good.

Then the lights went out and stormy sound and light effects started, the band hid, and all of a sudden white confetti shot out at the crowd, and and then the lights went out as it fell down, making it glow white as it fluttered. It was a really awesome effect. Then he broke into Rain, which has certanly come a LONG way since PdP :shocked: It was very bouncy and fun.

Love Today was great, the crowd was very into it, lots of jumping, especially after the break and Mika telling everyone to do so.

Love Today ended, and it was our queue. Time to shout our hearts out and make fools of ourselves. I think Mika was caught by surprise for a second when we did it, but he went on to do what he was going to do, which WASN'T sing WAG :roftl:. He spoke for a while about how he'd finally made it back to Australia after coming three and a half years ago (I wont say no to an exaggeration in our favour if he's offering) for a one night stand and then ****ing off. Then he went around and introduced the band. After Cherrise's turn we once again saw our (real) queue, and shouted at Mika once again. He'd just turned around to face the back for the start of the song, and when we shouted out he turned around with this look on his face of "I know exactly what you are doing, and oh my god, I can't beleive my fans are so ridiculous as to do such a thing" :teehee:

The second the song started though, any thought of being able to do our tightly rehearsed dance routine went straight out the door. It was just crazy, the audience went crazy and I couldn't have imagined doing anything but jump with the music and sing along.

Edited by Oakie Doke

He'd just turned around to face the back for the start of the song, and when we shouted out he turned around with this look on his face of "I know exactly what you are doing, and oh my god, I can't beleive my fans are so ridiculous as to do such a thing" :teehee:

The second the song started though, any thought of being able to do our tightly rehearsed dance routine went straight out the door. It was just crazy, the audience went crazy and I couldn't have imagined doing anything but jump with the music and sing along.

:lmao: i so saw that look on his face. He thought we were completely insane :floor:

OMG, wasn't WAG amazing? Its a pity i cant find any recordings of it. I swear the crowd shouting drowned out mika and his band :roftl:

Mika and the band left the stage, but everyone knew they'd be back, and they weren't gone for long. Surprisingly they'd had time to change, although Sunshine and Martin apparently didn't have time to put their shoes back on :naughty: Now the band were wearing white pants and fluoro vests or jackets, and Imma had changed into an amazing fluoro skirt. Mika was wearing the same but with a jacket with TBWKTM album artwork, lazy **** :teehee:

Before the encore, Bec squeezed behind us and left, I wondered where she was going, but not before a de-big-girled Rosina was squeezing her way in. I stepped back and pushed her into my spot. The people behind us were complaining but I ignored them :teehee: We didn't take any of their view or space away anyway, there was a step up before the barrier and they'd never stepped onto it, and I was still on it behind Rosina, who is so ridiculously short that my view was exactly the same :naughty: Shortly into Toy Boy Bec came back and stood behind Rosina with me (and could see just as well :teehee:)

First he played Toy Boy, which was surprisingly fun, I'd thought it might be a bit boring live.

Then it was Grace Kelly, which was great, of course. The crowd ate it up, and Mika ran around like a crazy.

Lollipop was excellent. Love. Mika had a strap on rubbish bin, the balloons came out, it was chaos. It was excellent. Trying to punch balloons at Mika, etc. One particularly energetic balloon shot at us and hit Tanya right on the face - SO FUNNY. Bec managed to pop TWO balloons right in front of her. Lollipop was the best, funnest thing ever. Especially in our little huddle on the barrier step, it was perfect! :biggrin2:

After it was over... I returned Bec's balloons that I'd chucked over the barrier for safe-keeping. Tanya was whining about the balloon she was too scared to pop, I snatched it off her and popped it. And gave myself a big welt on my shoulder. I STILL have it :lmfao: I went up to the stage to scoop clean confetti into my bag and I collected a popped balloon from the floor. We went to get drinks and me and DC went out to get our stuff from the cloak room incase it'd close while we were in the afterparty. We came back to eye off the merch, before deciding it'd be best to not get anything :naughty: So we went back outside to see what was going on with the afterparty. (Please note - we walked through the entrance/exit FOUR TIMES, and never once noticed that they were handing out tickets for souvenirs -- HEARTBROKEN!)

So we saw the afterparty has already begun in the bar thing near the entrance, but as we arrived our group was exiting the room, because it was hot inside and they wanted some air. I needed to urinate though, so I went in and saw S&M just disappear through a door, so I ran after her. To see her wandering around trying to get into the backstage room that Mika was in :lmfao: I helped her find the actual toilet, where we found Kelzy too.

Okay, I am sooo busting to go to the toilet right now, and writing about toileting is not helping. This is the end of this part :naughty:

:lmao: i so saw that look on his face. He thought we were completely insane :floor:

OMG, wasn't WAG amazing? Its a pity i cant find any recordings of it. I swear the crowd shouting drowned out mika and his band :roftl:

We sooo did! :roftl: I have a recording of it! I filmed from when he was introducing the band, but I wasn't looking at my camera or holding it particularly still, although I THINK it actually just shoots up and catches his face when he turns around. But I haven't been able to actually watch it yet, that's going by what I saw on my dodgy-dodgy camera screen in the car on the way back :bleh:

Insane in the best possible way. Practicing the whole wag thing was heaps of fun in line too. He better have something we can mimic next time :naughty:

So I went back into the bar room, and everyone was just hanging around. The room was small and very full, of only about half or less than half MFCers.

Cherrise was there and some people were getting autographs and photos. We were talking and decided we should totally try and get a picture of Hugh Hector Horace with her. Then a security guy came in and made an announcement - Mika would be coming soon, and there were NO photos to be taken, as soon as anyone took a photo he would leave immediately. So then we panicked a bit because we were just standing around and we REALLY wanted a picture of Cherrise with Hugh, and thought we'd not be able to set a flash off anywhere in the room once Mika arrived.

So we stood closer to her, waiting for her to finish with the people she was talking to. I could see through the window - Mika standing a few metres away at the bottom of some stairs. Cherrise turned to us and we quickly explained how Hugh has been travelling around the world and has been to Mexico and America and Japan and New Zealand and this was his first Mika gig and if he could have a picture with her. She is probably the cutest human being in the universe (in close competition with Chickadee). She loved the idea and loved Hugh and her picture is sooo cute. Bec had already had a picture with her so then I asked for one, I had to sit on my knees so we'd be the same height :lmfao: I forgot to get an autograph from her, we were rushing a bit thinking Mika was about to come in, which he didn't for at least another 15 minutes after.

I don't remember exactly all what happened at the party, there was a lot of chatting with all the MFCers. I remember making fun of Rosina for being short. I think I made fun of chickadee too. S&M got measured next to Cherrise at one point :naughty: I guess we moved over to Jimmy, who I guess arrived into the room. I remember pointing out to Bec that he was wearing the same shirt that Jake Grigg has and wears all the time (which = hot). We explained Hugh to him again, but he is a bit slow and didn't understand, he thought we actually went to all the places with him, we had to explain that we sent him between other mfcers. When he understood he liked it too and took a cute photo with him too. We all got photos and autographs from him too. While we were talking to him Mika evidently entered the room, but we ignored him and kept talking to Jimmy. Later we went to stand with Tegan and co, and talked about something which I don't remember, as Mika made his way across the room.

People didn't seem to be crowding Mika too much. Well, there was basically only standing room in the room anyway, it was far too full. But people were standing around fairly casually waiting their turn I think. John was following Mika closely, and suddenly started parting the waters towards the door, telling people to make a path. Everyone moved to the side so there was a free path from mika to the door. Next to me Mouselle was getting Mika to sign her photo of him in front of her amazing quilt. That's the first time I saw it actually - it looks AWESOME. Then he turned to Happikali on the other side, who was giving him her awesome australian animal necklace. I HAD to see his reaction to this, so I made my way around to the other side of the room so I could see his face. I ended up next to Nick, and we got talking and he showed me the watch he wanted signed and I said he could borrow my sharpie :bleh: We watched from afar as Mika turned to the group of people I had just been standing in :doh: I saw him speak to Tegan and be all "So YOU'RE the one I sent flowers to" and her expose her armpit to him in return.

Then after some quick signing John announced to the room that Mika was leaving and Mika turned around and headed for the door. THEN people crowded towards him, panicking about missing out. We followed with the crowd, people were reaching the things they wanted signed over each other's heads and towards Mika and he was signing them. He signed Nick's watch, I could have held out my CD but I couldn't even see Mika's face and I decided there was no point. He stopped signing and said that was it, and was really really leaving when a very worried looking Charlie managed to be the last person to catch his attention, and give him her painting just before he left for good, which made me glad :cheerful_h4h:

I went to stand in Cherrise's general vicinity with the idea of catching her signature if she had a free minute. But then I got talking to Nick again :naughty: And then Martin appeared next to us, and we stood around waiting for the people talking with him to finish, but he didn't pay much attention and lost him. Later I noticed him on the other side of the room taking a photo with Tegan. I wandered over and was grinning madly because Tegan loves Martin so much and it was such a great picture :biggrin2: I think Zoe got a picture next and then some other people and then he left, so I didn't talk to him in the end.

Um, then there was some more talking to MFCers, and later we talked to Sunshine, who said he recognised us from the front row. He was sad that I was taller than him and stood on his tippy toes :naughty: Only AFTER finishing the conversation did I recognise that he was actually David-Sunshine-Luke's-replacement and that I actually knew him, he wasn't some new person. Imma was talking to her friends for a while but then she came over and talked to us and took a picture with Hugh, etc.

I guess that was pretty much it, after meeting Imma, we were the only MFCers left (Me, Tegan, Zoe, S&M and Tanya), and it was just the band and their friends left, who were leaving too. So we walked to Zoe's car, oh I guess there were some more MFCers then, I think they were already waiting outside. We took Patrick Wolf magazines and saw a gay chemist. Tanya tried to break the car door and Sydney tried to charge like $100 for parking. We went to the bar next to Kelz's hotel and then up to Kelz's room. And then eventually we got some sleep somewhere at some point.

I'm glad I came back to read everyone else's reports. I love how we all had such different views, and made different things important. So reading the reports I get a whole other perspective.

Thanks to RosinaKiwi, Oakie Doke and Chickadee - really loved your reports.

Rosina, I've found that when John wears his bodyguard hat he's a tough fellow to interact with. He's very Mika focussed. I hope you can be satisfied that you did get to hand over the things you needed to, and that I also believe absolutely that Mika got them, and will have gloated over his new treasures the first chance he got!

Got any more? I haven't had enough yet - but I'm saving the amazing videos until last tonight so they are the last thing I see!