REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, i finally finished reading this and the HK thread, thank you everyone, i almost felt like i was there...

Yes, Chickadee i read the whole frecking 6 Parts! :naughty:

What does that soap expression mean btw?

Oh, and the expression you don't know me from a bar of soap, means that I am a stranger to him, that he knows nothing about me to differentiate me from a bar of soap (and bars of soap mostly tend to be fairly bland and uniform in appearance).

I thought you said you read this all:mf_rosetinted:

The day of mika!

Ok up a little early guess I was really excited! We were all like omg were going to see mika live TODAY!!! And I was like FINALLY!

went and had breakfast at Gloria geans and I had the most amazing blueberry bagel!

went back to the dorm to get ready which was easier said than done when there was only 1 toilet per floor! After running up and down the stairs to each toilet on most floors and walking in on people who haven’t locked the door, I finally found one and got dressed! Borrowed shoes that moni and annie painted, made a space for hugh hector horis and left for Newtown.

Arriving in newtown we began lining up around 1.30pm I wasn’t hungry I assumed because Id had a late breakfast. In line we got our survival kits and signed the flag...im sure im the only one who wrote a comment but whatevers im unique! Soon people started getting excited and nerves really started to kick in, especially as it soon became apparent tegan was getting us all a meet and greet! (thanx tegan) Others were chatting getting to know eachother mixing mingling, fangirling while I was busy trying to blow bubbles! I still say mine was defective, while david and (sorry ive forgotten his name) were busy proving to me otherwise...FAIL!!

----------------------------------------------

Soon manager came out to say that he wanted tegan to choose big girls to be in the show. She went around asking all these girls, I had no intention of even being asked and indeed when manager came back tegan was giving names and the manager pointed to me! I was like...I guess so!

Hours later manager came back and asked the nominated big girls to come with him. We went into the foyer and asked to line up. Mikas mum came up the stairs! She was stunning! She looked us up and down and said she didn’t know how many costumes she had and that tegans apparent lack of cleavage could make her too small! She commented on my costume and liked the different colour tights. she then asked us to wait outside again while she unpacked the suitcase and found out!

Back to learning how to blow bubbles and watch people rehearsing the comedic dance of Australian idol wag dancers. I had the most amazing tasting orange juice shouted by mika!

I was now too nervous to eat, yet felt If I didn’t something would go wrong! Someone was nice enough to get me this nice chicken salad sandwich which I took a few bites of and kept for later.

Again the big girl finalists were asked to follow john, this time we went backstage! We sat just passed mika’s dressing room and sat on this small couch...waited, fangirled, and waited, and fan girled some more! Finally mum came around and we saw if the corsets fit. It fit all of us and she asked me to try the pants on because they were smaller this time or something! They did fit and the final decision was hers, she decided since there were two sisters one would do it and not the other.

She asked the time and realised they were running behind. Then they tested our dancing. We were shown where to stand on this platform that felt less than sturdy especially with 4 big girls dancing on it. He assured us that it would not break and we were so excited it didn’t matter.

We went back outside to wait with the others and celebrated both new Zealand and Australian reps being chosen as big girls. We managed to convert the other two qute easily. Took photos of the big girls together in line. Checked my stuff into the cloakroom and at 8pm we were called in to get changed. They didn’t have a place for us so we sat on that original small couch near mikas dressin room. We could hear him warming up. It was so cute. Music to our ears as we were pretty much left there waiting and talking to random passers by. It was a long but exciting wait!

Then a little later mika walked into the room in front of us, he said hi to us (I had not expected as im sure everyone told me he doesn’t talk before a show!) he could see us in a mirror on the opposite wall to the door and he was playing peek a boo opening the door looking around at each of us till we noticed then closing it again. Hehe. One of the other big girls almost fainted and Me and tegan tried to remind her to breath!

We`were also trying to tell the other big girl (soz cant remember name) that its not that hard to dance when she stopped thinking! Manager told us off for being too loud and said we could eat any of the food there. We were all too nervious, so he said “ya eat a huge meal, go out and dance then go by the way *puke*” soon we were called into the catering room with a rather more comfortable (animal print) couch! Talked with the catering staff, got asked to see if we had our passes which they hadent given us any, but manager saved us! Then we got changed, first our perfectly sparkly fishnets then the frilly underware and then the corset!

After I jumped up and down a bit I realised It was quite loose and that if I wasn’t careful I would come out the side bringing a new meaning to flashing hearts! After the costume was on its like your a different person, the nerves disappear and you suddenly feel amazing and very sexy! Suddeny I was no longer as shy!

Mikas mum did our corsets up and one of us said “doesn’t this make you feel sexy” and mikas mother was like “it make you realise what already is” which was sweet

Edited by RosinaKiwi

OK, need to go collect son from school. I will finish this later.:teehee:

Even though I'm not sure that anyone is reading... Oh well, it's been good to write it out, regardless.

I thought you said you read this all:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

I did, guess i missed the one post that was missing to solve the intrigue...:naughty:

Yeah, not that we were rowdy or drunk or anything...:naughty:

OF COURRRRSSSEEE NOT! hehe

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 3:

Mikas sister did our face up with UV fluorescent paint, it had to be perfect, I watched her eyes as she was doing my face, they were a beautiful shade of green and the concentration was intense! Then she turned to me and said with the sweetest smile, “you have nice cheeks”

I smiled so big then and said thnkyou!

At this point I think we were forgotten! Mikas mother came out and said what are you guys doing here! We got side stage and watched the first song and start of big girl and danced to them before running on stage! On stage was mostly a blur, the initial roar of the mfc as we came on, watching mika up close from behind (not a bad view can I just say) and shaking our booties! I got tired but it was impossible to stop with john yelling at us not to stop from the sidelines!

I have to give it to the man he has to be very fit! We all got tired after 2 minuites and he almost continuous for hours! When we had finished we ran off and got changed so fast while the third song (i cant remember which) was playing. then mikas mum saw us out to the front side door! I didn’t push my way to the front like people would have you believe. I followed the natural flow of people, a nice girl let me in front of her because I was shorter than her...and then I got pushed forward . at this current position I notice okie dokie 2 people away from me...I said hi and she helped me to the front! I was there for the last few songs and the balloons which so almost hit mika in the face! Massive balloon fights with mika! It was awesome! Hugh was there with me!

Mika had an amazing connection between audience and entertainer! Taking the time to interact, girls behind me were like OMG hes looking at me, he looked straight at me and then argue about who he was looking at. I found it kinda funny! But it was an amazing feeling that he was so close and we were enjoying it and he could see it and gave us more and more!

he separated the crowd for blame it on the girls and my side won. He seemed to favour the left side of the stage but it could just have been that we couldn’t see him when he was at the piano.

he got us all to close our eyes and jump up at the beginning of love today(was it?) and we got a few “love love you,” as well! It seemed that we excited him as much as he did us. He seemed very impressed by the down under flag although apparently there was some rucus over who threw it and whether it was meant to have been given to him.

We get out and wait for the meeting and greeting to start. I waited back, got a pic with charesse (who btw would STILL be taller than me if she cut off all her hair!)

talked to a few band mates, jimmy was nice and I love his accent!

Mika came out and my idea was to back off and wait for him to make his way around the room. Others got to meet him and he gave lots of hugs! I saw him laughing and he seemed to be having fun. Then this idiot drunk guy ran into him while trying to catch one of the big balloons and he turned to his manager and said “I want to go home” while making his way out he looked at me and acknowledged me and maybe noticed me from back stage. I held his gaze long enough to see how exhausted he really was. He tried so hard for us, so I gave my gifts to john and watched him leave! I was a bit sad I didn’t get to meet him but he said hi to us BGs backstage, and I know there will be a next time! I already still have the autograph mouselle got me 2 (?) years ago!

Poor hugh lost his wee scarf in the hustle and bussle of the gig! Who knows If I find it in my stuff Ill send it off!

had kfc (I noticed NOTHING that was on the menue...nothing at all like home...but then again I haven’t been to KFC for years!)

went back to the hostel and chatted to the wee hours! I was so tired I slept in some of my costume as well as my pjs and had glitter EVERYWHERE!

3 hours sleep packed up checked out had breakfast with sweet knees and (forgotten your name again i know slap me im bad with names) said goodby at town hall (which is much easier to navigate and not that far!

So much fun was had by most

Charlie the flag is in safe hands and the current owner knows who made it.

don’t worry if you didn’t get to meet him, ya never know what happens tomorrow and maybe theres a reason something did/didn’t happen

Edited by RosinaKiwi

guys.. i'm putting together a video of the whole thing (its gonna be awesome..!! ) anyone have some photos from karaoke on the 23rd i can use, and noone minds if i add us singing mika songs .. ? (you can't hear any person in paticular, just a group singing.)

I dont have any photos of karaoke...I left my camera in the hotel room that night cos I was late! i dont mind if you post a group video though that would be cool! (or my new word awesometastic)

Edited by RosinaKiwi

Finally got caught up on this thread!

Huge thanks to you dear Aussies (and Kiwis!) for such fantastic, detailed reports!

Mouselle, Tegan, Chickadee, Rosina - I really appreciate you sharing. It's like I got to be a one foot boy sitting on your shoulders for your Mika adventure. :wub2:

wonderful reports liins and rosina!!!

Mika wows Sydney with his one-off gig

Mika-wows-Sydney-with-his-one-off-gig-98650.jpg

They say that God worked really bloody hard and rested on the last day. I’m pretty sure that before he put his feet up, he sat on a rainbow and out popped Mika. If I ever meet the big guy, I’m going to shake his hand and thank him… because the colourful muso makes the world a better place.

I’ve seen a hell of a lot of gigs in my time but two always sit at the top of the list:

1. Scissor Sisters ‘Red’ gig, on the steps of London’s Trafalgar Square.

2. Peter Combe’s “Newspaper Mama” effect at Adelaide Schutzenfest.

One was a visual spectacle that made a big city crowd unite in dance and the other took a festival full of adults and transported them back to the uncomplicated joy of childhood. Last night, at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre, Mika managed both. In fact, he knocked old Pete into third place.

Success wasn’t instant for Mika and for some, he was an acquired taste. As Mika explained to Nova, Simon Cowell was one of them. When the aspiring artist showed him the first of his material, Cowell told him that his voice was special but the songs weren’t good enough.

The straight talker was right, Mika took his advice and what evolved was the colourful package of tunes that Mika presented to Sydney’s jam-packed crowd. The former waiter was always going to serve up a feast for the senses; as he explained to us ahead of the gig, his fans are asked for their creative input. This time round, ‘outer space’ was the pick of the day.

Before he launched into the first of an 18 song set, we’d already witnessed a space shuttle crash, Sir Ian McKellen, Mika's 'death', Mika in a full space suit and to the crowd’s delight, his bare torso.

“Relax (Take It Easy)” kicked things off, followed by “Big Girls You Are Beautiful” (complete with four rotund dancing girls in fluro pink and yellow tutus). Bums shook, cellulite wobbled and our bingo wings waved high in appreciation. It was a dose of happiness that’d make Oscar the Grouch ditch his garbage can and head for the dance floor.

“Three years ago we came to Australia, had a one-night stand and then f***** off. It’s an honor to be back”.

Mika worked a checkered/striped suit and blue sequins plastered across his forehead. Other props included a feather crown, a giant kettle, fluro tribal masks and a vibrant light show that swooped us up and took us to another galaxy. It wasn’t all fun and games though; Mika’s bubble wrapped tunes cushion serious lyrics stirred by a rough life journey. Whether it was solo at the keyboard or backed by an equally talented and engaging band, Mika’s five-octave range traversed older songs from Life In Cartoon Motion and newer material from his new album The Boy Who Knew Too Much. Most recognisable were “We Are Golden” and “Rain” (yep, the one you heard at the Idol grand final). The majority of the crowd however, knew the words to every song.

It was the oldies that hit the spot though; “Happy Ending” provoked a moving singalong, “Grace Kelly” a dance-off and “Love Today” a mass bounce-athon. The level of crowd interaction was astounding and unlike anything I've ever seen before. Perhaps it was childhood moments re-visted but more likely, it was down to the crowd banter, eye-contact and Mika’s devotion to his fans. Crap work days, bounced cheques, bad hair-days – the trivialities of life were cast aside for two glorious hours.

The highlights? “The world’s finest trumpet solo” with Mika using his voice to mimic trad jazz impro and a very human moment; “I have a confession to make… I think it’s jetlag but I’ve forgotten the key to the next song and none of my f***** band are going to help me”.

By the time giant lips lit up the backdrop and giant white balloons burst out over the crowd, “Lollipop” was upon us and we danced it out with adoration in our eyes. Mika is due back in 2010 for a tour that’ll blow the cobwebs out of the daily grind. In the meantime, all you waiters with dreams should take inspiration from this unique artist, gather your tips and don’t look back.

http://www.novafm.com.au/Article_Mika-wows-Sydney-with-his-one-off-gig_95763?site=Nova100

what an enthusiastic review! t4p marina

We got kicked out of the karaoke did we? Gee, there was me just thinking that our time was up and it was time for us to leave:mf_rosetinted:

I mean got kicked out because it was time to leave! whatevers :naughty:

Yeah, not that we were rowdy or drunk or anything...:naughty:

I just think it is great that you all sang "Grace Kwelly!":roftl::roftl:

ANNOUNCEMNET:

I think the MFCers are being far "too" polite at these Meet & Greets!

Sure I believe that WE of anyone should be polite, not push or cling to Mika at these M&G's.

But standing way back & being too polite & giving everybody else their time & waiting last is Not Getting You Your Time With Mika!

You need to come up with a compromise.

It is NOT fair that you should miss meeting, talking, & getting things signed if Mika is tired & cuts it short which is to be expected & which we should allow him to do without regret.

I think you should start a thread to discuss what would be proper protocol for these M&G's - also taking into consideration a kindness to Mika & how he is treated as well.

Some of you are losing out!

I don't think that is fair or necessary!

I think it can be avoided without being rude & pushy.

This is a little less serious & a lot more fun than my last post.:blush-anim-cl:

Here are three really good videos posted by BloodlnTheCherryZone at youtube. They all have GREAT & CLEAR SOUND & GOOD Visuals.

The set lighting is fantastic & the audience participation & joy is contagious.

THESE VIDS ARE THE PROPERTY OF - BIANCA - A Fellow MFCer - I just found at - after posting!

Happy Ending:

Watch 2:37, 2:42 & 2:57 for Mika's really high notes. Gives you chills.

Watch 3:35 to the end for the Australian Audience interaction!

Blame It On The Girls:

It is really good but it ends too soon.

Blue Eyes:

I See You:

Enjoy!

Edited by Kodes100

ANNOUNCEMNET:

Sure I believe that WE of anyone should be polite, not push or cling to Mika at these M&G's.

But standing way back & being too polite & giving everybody else their time & waiting last is Not Getting You Your Time With Mika!

It is NOT fair that you should miss meeting, talking, & getting things signed if Mika is tired & cuts it short which is to be expected & which we should allow him to do without regret.

I think you should start a thread to discuss what would be proper protocol for these M&G's - also taking into consideration a kindness to Mika & how he is treated as well.

In order for some kind of protocol to work, everyone at a meet and greet would have to adopt it.

And they won't.

Let's face it even MFCers can't do it let alone people who aren't aware of any protocol.

A lot of people are too keen to get their own slice of Mika and don't think of anyone or anything else once Mika appears.

Hi....:biggrin2:

I'm very late at my report for the Sydney concert.....but it took me a long while to upload my video's.....:roftl:...My username is Bloodinthecherryzone......as I see someone has posted them for me in the thread above lol......I only got to film 4 songs.....

I have only have a few photo's.....I'll post them tommorrow because it's so late here in Australia.....

I was second from the front row...the best concert I've ever been to!!!..I'll be seeing him again when he returns to Australia....

Unfortunately I didn't get to meet him.....I arrived around 7:00 to late...as I heard passes where handed round earlier on.

He looked very tired anyhow.......and I didn't want to be a bother and wait around.

Sort of felt out of place too..but oh well...I had an amazing time.My red hair probably scared everyone off.....

Maybe next time I'll get to meet some of the MFC as well.....:biggrin2:

In order for some kind of protocol to work, everyone at a meet and greet would have to adopt it.

And they won't.

Let's face it even MFCers can't do it let alone people who aren't aware of any protocol.

A lot of people are too keen to get their own slice of Mika and don't think of anyone or anything else once Mika appears.

Maybe "protocol" is the wrong word.

My suggestion is really to protect some of the MFCers from being disappointed because they are trying to be too nice & polite to make up for the really rude people who want to see Mika.

Also the MFCers are trying to be as polite to Mika as possible - but sometimes they go too far & miss out.

I am well aware that we can't affect Non-MFCers.

I want us to help ourselves - to heck with the rest of them. :roftl::roftl:

I am not talking about the people you are talking about Babs.

The other thing I didn't mention is that there could be a "Reminder" thread:

Cell Phone batteries, camera batteries, something light to munch on before the gig, extra clothing, find out where the bathrooms are ahead of time (if possible)etc. etc. etc.

I am sure you all could come up with a lot of tips for those attending Mika concerts & getting to meet Mika after.

I read as many reports from the gigs as I can - which is a lot

I have read over & over how MFCers have forgotten necessities because of their excitement.

I am talking basic needs let alone other stuff one should have at any concert.

It would be nice to have a Check Off List here!

This is just a suggestion off the top of my head because I have read about the disappointent of quite a few Mika Fans here.

Expand on my idea. Turn it into something that could help future Mika Cincert attendees. - it isn't set in stone.

It is difficult to read of one of us experiencing major dissapointment after a long awaited Mika concert & all that it entails.

I would like to see "US" help ourselves.

Hi....:biggrin2:

I'm very late at my report for the Sydney concert.....but it took me a long while to upload my video's.....:roftl:...My username is Bloodinthecherryzone......as I see someone has posted them for me in the thread above lol......I only got to film 4 songs.....

I have only have a few photo's.....I'll post them tommorrow because it's so late here in Australia.....

I was second from the front row...the best concert I've ever been to!!!..I'll be seeing him again when he returns to Australia....

Unfortunately I didn't get to meet him.....I arrived around 7:00 to late...as I heard passes where handed round earlier on.

He looked very tired anyhow.......and I didn't want to be a bother and wait around.

Sort of felt out of place too..but oh well...I had an amazing time.My red hair probably scared everyone off.....

Maybe next time I'll get to meet some of the MFC as well.....:biggrin2:

Bianca I just posted four of your Amazing vids a little while ago.

I did out your youtube username beside them.

Do you want me to delete my post???

It is on page 35.

Bianca I just posted four of your Amazing vids a little while ago.

I did out your youtube username beside them.

Do you want me to delete my post???

It is on page 35.

No it's okay!..glad you liked them!!....I hope everyone else does too :biggrin2:..

My sister's camera did a good job lol...

ANNOUNCEMNET:

ok well can I just say here, the person who pretty much prevented me from meeting mika was his manager. he stood between mika and me the whole time pretty much, I mean as nice as he had been backstage or whatever sort of changed in the croud!

and because he was official I couldnt be rude back!

It irritated me so much and I was just begging him dude please I came all the way from new zealand please let me meet him...and he did nothing! :boxed:

maybe it was cos I said he looked like michael hurst lol!