REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

I like the one night stands, but I'd surely prefer the long lasting love affair!

As long as he keeps coming and coming and coming....back again that is!:das::naughty:

guys.. i'm putting together a video of the whole thing (its gonna be awesome..!! ) anyone have some photos from karaoke on the 23rd i can use, and noone minds if i add us singing mika songs .. ? (you can't hear any person in paticular, just a group singing.)

Great idea and I've got some from Karaoke that you can have.

If you can wait till Thursday or so Charlie, Bianca and I both have photos we might be able to send. Mine should be sooner than that, but hers have to wait till she's at home again

Biance doesn't have to wait until she gets home to upload photos....she's just lazy:naughty:

1.) BEC!!!!!!!! i want to see you guys again!

Well, when you come back for his next tour you will.....It was so great meeting you guys.

Biance hassle Tanya for photos :naughty: Get her to burn hers to a dvd and/or send me them/a link to them via email

Do your own dirty work....hassle me yourself! Biance can do it after she does hers :naughty:

I'm on her computer at the moment and she is sleeping, I shall have a look :das:

EDIT: Nah, I can't find them. She's got a really organised folder of other people's photos, but I can't find hers, I don't think she's put them on the computer yet

I wasn't sleeping, I was just resting my eyes!

I haven't put them on yet so :tongue2:

N-oooooooooooooooooooooo. I just lost my whole post

Suffer, suffer, suffer

When it came time for the start of One Foot Boy it was really quite hilarious, because I could FINALLY sing it to my hearts content. I also found it extra funny because I really don't know any words than "One foot boy" over and over, and occasonally a "walking on my own"

*slap* All I think of when I hear that song now is you walking around singing one foot boy over and over....we kinda figured they were the only words you knew!

He held a sing off between the two halves of the audience. Imma and Jimmy went to show their support of the right side and Martin and Sunshine came to support us, while Mika judged from the middle. It was well fun. Martin and Sunshine were having heaps of fun too.

We totally kicked their butts!

Love Today was great, the crowd was very into it, lots of jumping, especially after the break and Mika telling everyone to do so.

Love Today ended, and it was our queue. Time to shout our hearts out and make fools of ourselves. I think Mika was caught by surprise for a second when we did it, but he went on to do what he was going to do, which WASN'T sing WAG . He spoke for a while about how he'd finally made it back to Australia after coming three and a half years ago (I wont say no to an exaggeration in our favour if he's offering) for a one night stand and then ****ing off. Then he went around and introduced the band. After Cherrise's turn we once again saw our (real) queue, and shouted at Mika once again. He'd just turned around to face the back for the start of the song, and when we shouted out he turned around with this look on his face of "I know exactly what you are doing, and oh my god, I can't beleive my fans are so ridiculous as to do such a thing"

The second the song started though, any thought of being able to do our tightly rehearsed dance routine went straight out the door. It was just crazy, the audience went crazy and I couldn't have imagined doing anything but jump with the music and sing along.

i so saw that look on his face. He thought we were completely insane

OMG, wasn't WAG amazing? Its a pity i cant find any recordings of it. I swear the crowd shouting drowned out mika and his band

WAG was brilliant and so funny...I still can't believe we actually did it:naughty:

Lollipop was excellent. Love. Mika had a strap on rubbish bin, the balloons came out, it was chaos. It was excellent. Trying to punch balloons at Mika, etc. One particularly energetic balloon shot at us and hit Tanya right on the face - SO FUNNY. Bec managed to pop TWO balloons right in front of her. Lollipop was the best, funnest thing ever. Especially in our little huddle on the barrier step, it was perfect!

Cow!:sneaky2:

After it was over... I returned Bec's balloons that I'd chucked over the barrier for safe-keeping. Tanya was whining about the balloon she was too scared to pop, I snatched it off her and popped it. And gave myself a big welt on my shoulder. I STILL have it

I was not whining....aussies do not whine!....and I have a balloon and no welt so there!

*is no longer feeling guilty about biance' welt*:teehee:

We sooo did! I have a recording of it! I filmed from when he was introducing the band, but I wasn't looking at my camera or holding it particularly still, although I THINK it actually just shoots up and catches his face when he turns around. But I haven't been able to actually watch it yet, that's going by what I saw on my dodgy-dodgy camera screen in the car on the way back

biance is sitting impatiently beside me waiting to load her CD:biggrin2:

Insane in the best possible way. Practicing the whole wag thing was heaps of fun in line too. He better have something we can mimic next time

I don't think we'll top that....I think we were better than the hired hitters at Idol!!!

Later I noticed him on the other side of the room taking a photo with Tegan. I wandered over and was grinning madly because Tegan loves Martin so much and it was such a great picture I think Zoe got a picture next and then some other people and then he left, so I didn't talk to him in the end.

How cool was that....I was so happy for Teegs and she was glowing!

I guess that was pretty much it, after meeting Imma, we were the only MFCers left (Me, Tegan, Zoe, S&M and Tanya), and it was just the band and their friends left, who were leaving too. So we walked to Zoe's car, oh I guess there were some more MFCers then, I think they were already waiting outside. We took Patrick Wolf magazines and saw a gay chemist. Tanya tried to break the car door and Sydney tried to charge like $100 for parking. We went to the bar next to Kelz's hotel and then up to Kelz's room. And then eventually we got some sleep somewhere at some point.

I did not try to break the car door....i just didn't realise it was wide open while zoe was driving :naughty:

ok, so here is my report...I will post the few pics I have later...when biance uploads them:

HE CAME(*GIGGLESNORT*)....WE SAW.....HE CONQUERED!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Biance doesn't have to wait until she gets home to upload photos....she's just lazy:naughty:

Do your own dirty work....hassle me yourself! Biance can do it after she does hers :naughty:

She is :naughty:

*hassles tanya*

As long as either you or her sends me your photos I'll be happy. I have all of biances except for todays... taking so long going through them trying to find the ones I want to add to facebook cos she has so so so many pap shots that just aren't that good :naughty:

And to Kodes, I'd much rather not meet Mika than be pushy and rude.

Hear, hear. It took me 2 years and quite a few gigs, but eventually my patience paid off. I realize Australian fans don't get as many opportunities, but Mika (and the other fans) are still the same human beings whether you've met Mika 20 times or never. Being desperate or having few opportunities is no justification for acting uncivilized.

Wow!

Again - Me Too!

????????

Edited by Kodes100

Hmmm, I remember it more as strawberry blonde, it might just show up as ranga in photos. (Or maybe I was blinder than I thought, who knows. :naughty:)

Maybe it does... actually mum and I had the exact same convo, and she seems to think he's strawberry blonde... I still vote for ranga... either way, he's still hot! :das:

:blink::blink: i'm sort of confused.. what time of day did you run into Mika? Because his Mum told us (well at least me) that they all had to catch a flight at 8am the next morning :blink:

Martin said he was leaving at 3... least he got a bit of a sleep in...

That is commonly known as PMGD. Post Mika gig depression or just PGD for short. There is even a thread about it.

I don't have it... Is that weird?

Mika wows Sydney with his one-off gig

Mika-wows-Sydney-with-his-one-off-gig-98650.jpg

They say that God worked really bloody hard and rested on the last day. I’m pretty sure that before he put his feet up, he sat on a rainbow and out popped Mika. If I ever meet the big guy, I’m going to shake his hand and thank him… because the colourful muso makes the world a better place.

I’ve seen a hell of a lot of gigs in my time but two always sit at the top of the list:

1. Scissor Sisters ‘Red’ gig, on the steps of London’s Trafalgar Square.

2. Peter Combe’s “Newspaper Mama” effect at Adelaide Schutzenfest.

One was a visual spectacle that made a big city crowd unite in dance and the other took a festival full of adults and transported them back to the uncomplicated joy of childhood. Last night, at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre, Mika managed both. In fact, he knocked old Pete into third place.

Success wasn’t instant for Mika and for some, he was an acquired taste. As Mika explained to Nova, Simon Cowell was one of them. When the aspiring artist showed him the first of his material, Cowell told him that his voice was special but the songs weren’t good enough.

The straight talker was right, Mika took his advice and what evolved was the colourful package of tunes that Mika presented to Sydney’s jam-packed crowd. The former waiter was always going to serve up a feast for the senses; as he explained to us ahead of the gig, his fans are asked for their creative input. This time round, ‘outer space’ was the pick of the day.

Before he launched into the first of an 18 song set, we’d already witnessed a space shuttle crash, Sir Ian McKellen, Mika's 'death', Mika in a full space suit and to the crowd’s delight, his bare torso.

“Relax (Take It Easy)” kicked things off, followed by “Big Girls You Are Beautiful” (complete with four rotund dancing girls in fluro pink and yellow tutus). Bums shook, cellulite wobbled and our bingo wings waved high in appreciation. It was a dose of happiness that’d make Oscar the Grouch ditch his garbage can and head for the dance floor.

“Three years ago we came to Australia, had a one-night stand and then f***** off. It’s an honor to be back”.

Great article!

And I probably should be embarrassed that everyone could see my cellulite (like they pointed out in the article :sneaky2:) but I can't be bothered!

Blame It On The Girls is now up on Youtube :thumb_yello:

Poster Pal makes a special guest appearance.

And yes, that's Floss you can hear telling me off after Jimmy hi-fived the winners of the sing-off. :blush-anim-cl:

Awwwwwwwww! Thanks for posting!

Yeah, not that we were rowdy or drunk or anything...:naughty:

Defo not :fisch:

She looked us up and down and said she didn’t know how many costumes she had and that tegans apparent lack of cleavage could make her too small!

We were all too nervious, so he said “ya eat a huge meal, go out and dance then go by the way *puke*” soon we were called into the catering room with a rather more comfortable (animal print) couch! Talked with the catering staff, got asked to see if we had our passes which they hadent given us any, but manager saved us! Then we got changed, first our perfectly sparkly fishnets then the frilly underware and then the corset!

After the costume was on its like your a different person, the nerves disappear and you suddenly feel amazing and very sexy! Suddeny I was no longer as shy!

Mikas mum did our corsets up and one of us said “doesn’t this make you feel sexy” and mikas mother was like “it make you realise what already is” which was sweet

Yeah... my apparent lack of cleavage! I like to think I have decent sized boobs though! :naughty:

Oooh yeah! I forgot John said that! When he's not doing his security guard thing he's such a nice guy and quite amusing!!

I think Kylie said that... and it is so true! I had no body issues at all! I guess it's a mixture of the costume and the song, and what the costumes represent (as in, be proud of your curves girls!)...

I love Mika's mother...

the initial roar of the mfc as we came on, watching mika up close from behind (not a bad view can I just say) and shaking our booties!

That initial roar was incredible! It put a big smile on my face (not that i didn't have one on my face already!)

guys.. i'm putting together a video of the whole thing (its gonna be awesome..!! ) anyone have some photos from karaoke on the 23rd i can use, and noone minds if i add us singing mika songs .. ? (you can't hear any person in paticular, just a group singing.)

Sweeeeeeet! I'm okay with that! And I may have some photos you could use... I'll email them soon...

It was good getting to know you during this trip. Can't wait for the next excuse for you guys to jump the ditch and come back here

What do you think of us jumping the ditch and going there?

Btw if anyone has any photos of me from the trip.. including just random karaoke pics or line pics, even when I'm not looking at the camera :naughty: could you please email them to me.

Doesmynamematter@hotmail.com

(I like to look at photos)

Will do :thumb_yello:

Unfortunately I didn't get to meet him.....I arrived around 7:00 to late...as I heard passes where handed round earlier on.

He looked very tired anyhow.......and I didn't want to be a bother and wait around.

I couunted you as someone to give a M&G pass to... then again, I had other people that came up to me that were MFCers and hadn't RSVPed, so it made it a bit difficult...

Which reminds me...

Can people RSVP on the thread next time (and if you'r bringing extras to PM me)? I felt really bad about not having enough when I was sure there were heaps of other MFCers in the crowd that missed out...

I don't want people to miss out is all, and if I know how many people to expect then I can get that many without having to wonder if I should get more from John...

I understand that it can be intimidating to talk to others on the forum but I promise that I won't bite... I am here to help after all!

The other thing I didn't mention is that there could be a "Reminder" thread:

Cell Phone batteries, camera batteries, something light to munch on before the gig, extra clothing, find out where the bathrooms are ahead of time (if possible)etc. etc. etc.

I am sure you all could come up with a lot of tips for those attending Mika concerts & getting to meet Mika after.

I have a feeling there already is a thread on here similar to that...

The only way to guarantee that everyone is going to see Mika is for Team Mika to make certain arrangements and for Mika to take enough time to get through everyone. It's not something we really have much control over. If Mika wanders freely into a room with several dozen fans he is almost certain to get mobbed and then it's a fight to get through to him.

I would just advise people to act civilized and do what you're told. This is the best chance you have of Mika extending the time he spends greeting fans. It's a risk because there are often people around who aren't going to act civilized or do what they're told as well, but personally I'd rather miss out on an autograph or whatever than be the one remembered for shouting at him and sticking things in his face.

I agree... there's not much we could do about the moron with the balloon... And the only thing that may have changed things was if it was MFC only, but that's very unlikely to happen... Also, Meeks was pretty tired so it probably would've ended early anyways.

Not that I thought it was crap how it was organised (far from it) but unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about people being pushy. I think we can encourage MFCers to be as not pushy as possible and hopefully that will encourage Mika to stay out longer.

Of course there was still a long wait untill the actual stars of the show came out, so I watched Mika for a while. When they did appear, I'm pretty sure the crowd erupted more than when Astro-boy walked on stage. My camera was angry about the bright wall of light behind the Big Girls, so I don't think it really focussed on them properly, and Bec's computer doesn't like my videos so I haven't been able to watch it. But they looked AWESOME! Those big girl outfits are so flattering, they looked HOT and their dancing was awesome! It was all eyes on the big girls and angry glances at this silly man in white that kept getting in the way and trying to hog the spotlight. I accidentally caught eyes with the security guard at one point and quickly looked away, but eventually he came over to me and told me to stop filming, so I had to stop. It was right near the end of the song though, I tried to quickly take some pictures of the big girls, starting at Tegan's end, but as soon as I'd taken a picture of Tegan they all ran off and I missed the others.

I love how we're the stars! :teehee: And bloody Mika... he really should've invited us down the front so you could get good pics! (Ooooh look, my song's totally playing right now! :fangurl:)

And the costumes were hot! I'd consider going out dressed like that! :teehee:

Being desperate or having few opportunities is no justification for acting uncivilized.

I totally agree... and I was surprised that even S&M was nice to him.. .she didn't harass him that much cause he was too tired!

They then told him and he could start, but not before DC could openly express his love for a particular one eyed lady :teehee:

He spoke for a while about how he'd finally made it back to Australia after coming three and a half years ago (I wont say no to an exaggeration in our favour if he's offering) for a one night stand and then ****ing off. Then he went around and introduced the band. After Cherrise's turn we once again saw our (real) queue, and shouted at Mika once again. He'd just turned around to face the back for the start of the song, and when we shouted out he turned around with this look on his face of "I know exactly what you are doing, and oh my god, I can't beleive my fans are so ridiculous as to do such a thing" :teehee:

:lmfao: I wonder if he heard that?

I saw the look on his face.. it was awesome!

We explained Hugh to him again, but he is a bit slow and didn't understand, he thought we actually went to all the places with him, we had to explain that we sent him between other mfcers.

We watched from afar as Mika turned to the group of people I had just been standing in :doh: I saw him speak to Tegan and be all "So YOU'RE the one I sent flowers to" and her expose her armpit to him in return.

Later I noticed him on the other side of the room taking a photo with Tegan. I wandered over and was grinning madly because Tegan loves Martin so much and it was such a great picture :biggrin2: I think Zoe got a picture next and then some other people and then he left, so I didn't talk to him in the end.

He was sad that I was taller than him and stood on his tippy toes :naughty:

He's allowed to be pretty and clueless! I'll forgive him for that!

And i had to prove my arm actually works! Even though my shoulder was prett ysore by then and my arm was hanging down...

I love Martin :wub2: My life is almost complete!

GUESS WHO HAS VIDEO FOOTAGE OF MIKA'S REACTION TO WAG???????

And guess who has a really good HD video of Big Girls especially ft. Teegs and Rosina???

Feast your eyes on these screenshots:

weareretarded.png

YAYNESS!!!

Can't wait to see those! Send them to Charlie and she might put it on the video...

I couunted you as someone to give a M&G pass to... then again, I had other people that came up to me that were MFCers and hadn't RSVPed, so it made it a bit difficult...

Which reminds me...

Can people RSVP on the thread next time (and if you'r bringing extras to PM me)? I felt really bad about not having enough when I was sure there were heaps of other MFCers in the crowd that missed out...

I don't want people to miss out is all, and if I know how many people to expect then I can get that many without having to wonder if I should get more from John...

I understand that it can be intimidating to talk to others on the forum but I promise that I won't bite... I am here to help after all!

That's okay.....I couldn't really spot anyone from the MFC.....otherwise I would have said hi and waved :roftl:.

I'm so happy that you got to be one of the big girls as well.... :huglove:.

I think one of the other big girls was standing beside me for a while near the end of the concert......she had long dark blonde hair...

Just a little dissapointed.....and wondering what if.....but hopefully next time.

Missed out last time too....

And he didn't stay for long as I read from other reports....I also blame the media/radio stations/tv stations etc lol for hogging him while he was here.....

Oakie Doke, your reports are so hilarious. :lmfao:

I agree... there's not much we could do about the moron with the balloon... And the only thing that may have changed things was if it was MFC only, but that's very unlikely to happen... Also, Meeks was pretty tired so it probably would've ended early anyways.

They can keep fans in a queue in order to keep it under control. I don't think it's ideal myself but it works if people want an autograph and a photo.

In Oakland I found it incredibly awkward because Mika was stationary due to his foot. So you had to walk by him, rather than he being able to make his way through a queue - which is easier on everyone because Mika is in control of how much time he spends and the fans don't have to make the first move.

But even though he was very exhausted he did get through everyone and fairly quickly.

Even if fans are just waiting outside the door for him to exit you've got a much better shot of talking to him if everyone is queued up behind a barrier. There must have been 200 people waiting outside of Sadler's Wells and Mika was only there for about 10 mins from the sounds of it. But FD was still able to hand over your petition and it seems like a lot of other people were able to give him gifts and get an autograph.

I chucked a video together last night when I couldn't sleep, but knowing me I'll probably stumble upon a bunch of awesome photos and videos and start again :roftl:

Lovely! Thanks for sharing!:wub2:

I could feel your excitement across the world, all the way to my little cold country!:biggrin2: