Planet Mika - Q Magazine March 2010

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I'm losing interest in what he says- he looks cute and is amusing, but that's not really enough to hold my interest for long.

I'm totally with you on this one,SoSi. I don't like it when he tries to be funny and amusing on purpose. Like I said, it sounds phoney.

Yep..too much bull**** is tiresome isn't it, even if it's very funny sometimes. I feel like I can't believe a single word he says these days!

These days? I think the earlier stuff was even more fabricated and manipulative. The person he appears to be today barely resembles that image he used to project. I know he's still telling porkies but even the kinds of things he chooses to joke about seem to me to be more reflective of a real personality than statements he made in 2007. Whether he's telling the whole truth or not at least he'll discuss things now that he would completely dodge in the early days with some verbal sleight-of-hand.

Didn't see anyone in there believing everything Mika said. I think it's OK to wonder if repeated statements are true, even to sometimes decide they're genuinely (and not necessarily intentionally) informative.

But I'm losing interest in what he says- he looks cute and is amusing, but that's not really enough to hold my interest for long.

I was thinking the same. T4P Freddie:thumb_yello:

These days? I think the earlier stuff was even more fabricated and manipulative. The person he appears to be today barely resembles that image he used to project. I know he's still telling porkies but even the kinds of things he chooses to joke about seem to me to be more reflective of a real personality than statements he made in 2007. Whether he's telling the whole truth or not at least he'll discuss things now that he would completely dodge in the early days with some verbal sleight-of-hand.

That's true, and I do like that aspect of it. I was thinking more of the fibs about spending Christmas in France etc, the small things.

I'm sure he has always fibbed; I just notice it more now that's all. And maybe because I'm not quite in the same place I was a couple of years ago Mika-wise :mf_rosetinted:, it annoys me more!

I think it's only the technique that's changed instead of dodging questions with a change of subject or occasionally mumbles and silence, he dodges questions with lies. Though I do think the stories a person choses to make up can be more revealing than boring facts. (I suspect that if Mika held this view he'd go back to dodging answering) He's been consistent about saying he spent Christmas with his family- and that ties in about other things he's said about being close to his family- but the fact that that was in London probably tells us less than the fact that he made up the Wham style chalet in France. Other people will have had a lot to do with the decision to stay home (if it's even true) but now we know the chalet idea was all his own little fantasy (except we don't, cos he could still be lying)(and having to do these brackets all the time is a pain I could do without)

There was less to compare the 2007 stuff to, so I think it was more convincing in a way. And the question dodging did take me in a bit- usually people who do that are vaguely truthful-ish with teh questions they do answer.

And who's this bald guy who's coming down the stairs as Q leaves?:blink::roftl:

DUM DUM DUMMM..

Time for another investigation?

so basically mika is saying that he'd sleep with anyone for a cookie?! :shocked:

Apparently..

I don't get why he doesn't just go to a shop to buy them though, I mean, that'd save him a lot of time and effort:lol3:

It's a term used to mean a person who blends into the background at a social event, who is shy and doesn't draw attention to themselves.

edit: oh I see you looked it up LOL

I think it's pretty funny how you British people use that term too!

In Holland it's called a ''Muurbloempje'', which is translated literally.

It actually reminds me of the British attitude to weirdos in the street...don't look at them and perhaps they'll go away :naughty:.

Haha, over here everyone would immediately start to laugh/take pics/point at them, but in big cities like Amsterdam people wouldn't really pay attention either.

I'm sure he has always fibbed; I just notice it more now that's all. And maybe because I'm not quite in the same place I was a couple of years ago Mika-wise :mf_rosetinted:, it annoys me more!

Yeah, I'm starting to notice it more as well, and it's starting to annoy me more than a few years ago, because 3 years ago I was all fangirly and stuff.

I don't really get why he does it. It certainly doesn't make him more interesting or something.

Hey!! Hang on!!! I have in fact given Mika biscuits on a couple of occasions and in fact one time it WAS Jammie Dodgers!!!!!!!!!:blush-anim-cl: I think he owes me an IOU!!!!!!:thumb_yello:

I have also given him Mikados aswell, though they were a bit squashed as I had sat on them at Sadlers Wells :teehee: What do I qualify for those I wonder??? :naughty::wink2:

Thanks for posting btw FD :thumb_yello:

That's true, and I do like that aspect of it. I was thinking more of the fibs about spending Christmas in France etc, the small things.

And there'll be plenty out there who'll make a link between the chalet lie and getting himself some publicity. Possibly including the Sun. But I'm hoping I won't hear the British press slagged off quite so often on here- I'm sure a lot of their "inaccuracies" have been straightforward reporting of what Mika has actually said. And they often make sure that all they report is that celebs said it (bet they didn't on this one, but they do a lot of the time) I read quite an interesting book by a former 3am girl about how hard they worked not to be caught out.

Can we be quite clear here- Mika is NOT the sort of man who'll sleep with you just for a biscuit.

You have to give him a cup of tea as well. Possibly also some gossip. (Which, of course, you can make up on the spot)

Do I like a good gossip? Over a cup of tea,always. If a jammy dodger's included, then I'll sleep with you."

Can we be quite clear here- Mika is NOT the sort of man who'll sleep with you just for a biscuit.

You have to give him a cup of tea as well. Possibly also some gossip. (Which, of course, you can make up on the spot)

I gave him a whole packet and not just one biscuit though. :naughty: Maybe I'll give him tea bags aswell next time. :teehee:

so i'll bring some of those biscuits, an ice tea, tea bags and a gossip mag. :naughty:

I gave him a whole packet and not just one biscuit though. :naughty: Maybe I'll give him tea bags aswell next time. :teehee:

If I was you, I'd claim that he obviously has me and my gift in mind whenever he thinks about sex :thumb_yello:

Now my mind is running on an image of (a 26 year old) Mika dressed as a choirboy and singing "I'm just a girl who can't say no" like a slut. Is it just me? Surely it's not just me? Please?

I did. I do.

But please: enlighten me!

Well he meant it metaphorically. I'm pretty sure he did. And his next line confirms it: "I like knowing all their bad habits./I like good gossip."

He surely didn't mean bad habits in bed :roftl:

If I was you, I'd claim that he obviously has me and my gift in mind whenever he thinks about sex :thumb_yello:

Now my mind is running on an image of (a 26 year old) Mika dressed as a choirboy and singing "I'm just a girl who can't say no" like a slut. Is it just me? Surely it's not just me? Please?

Yup its just you :naughty:

Riiiiight... That's a liiiittle but disturbing :naughty::roftl:

Archived