Planet Mika - Q Magazine March 2010

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
March? :shocked:

you're leading British! so cool... here in Italy we are still in January :blink:

or maybe it is a time zone reason?

GMT +1 month? :biggrin2:

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Post of the day! :winner_first_h4h:

And who's this bald guy who's coming down the stairs as Q leaves?:blink::roftl:

I think we all know. After all, who posted the story before Q even hit the stands? :fisch:

I really loved this interview. It reminds me of the Observer Music Monthly interview, in that the journalist kind of embeds himself with Mika over a time period, on more than one occasion. I think that gives the writer a much deeper appreciation of Mika's ins and outs than a quickie, one-off meeting at a restaurant or in a hotel lobby. I really love this style of interview that leans more heavily toward observation than to direct quotes; I love that fly-on-the-wall insight.

As for the lying thing - it's no doubt Mika's a liar. For all we know, he could be lying to Q when he said he was lying to MTV Korea. :roftl:

Unless there's video or photographic evidence of something Mika says, I think it always has to be taken with a grain of salt - particularly in print media, where we don't have other cues like tone of voice or body language to consider. Even if he's not actively trying to lie, he often seems to say things way prematurely. He might say he bought a house, but who knows if he really did? Maybe he means he wants to buy one, and might finally get around to it in 2017. :naughty:

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Post of the day! :winner_first_h4h:

I think we all know. After all, who posted the story before Q even hit the stands? :fisch:

I really loved this interview. It reminds me of the Observer Music Monthly interview, in that the journalist kind of embeds himself with Mika over a time period, on more than one occasion. I think that gives the writer a much deeper appreciation of Mika's ins and outs than a quickie, one-off meeting at a restaurant or in a hotel lobby. I really love this style of interview that leans more heavily toward observation than to direct quotes; I love that fly-on-the-wall insight.

As for the lying thing - it's no doubt Mika's a liar. For all we know, he could be lying to Q when he said he was lying to MTV Korea. :roftl:

Unless there's video or photographic evidence of something Mika says, I think it always has to be taken with a grain of salt - particularly in print media, where we don't have other cues like tone of voice or body language to consider. Even if he's not actively trying to lie, he often seems to say things way prematurely. He might say he bought a house, but who knows if he really did? Maybe he means he wants to buy one, and might finally get around to it in 2017. :naughty:

Fraid I'd be more likely to believe something if the journalist said "I saw it with my own eyes." Like a dog, for example- if this guy said Mika had a dog with him, I'd be inclined to believe in Gertrude (though not to assume they were still together). Mika saying it on video- which he did- :dunno:

Fraid I'd be more likely to believe something if the journalist said "I saw it with my own eyes." Like a dog, for example- if this guy said Mika had a dog with him, I'd be inclined to believe in Gertrude (though not to assume they were still together). Mika saying it on video- which he did- :dunno:

No in the case of Gertrude I mean evidence as in, a couple pics of this dog in Mika's flat, followed by, say, a couple pics from the band of this dog on the tour bus or something. :roftl:

I think Mika did sound sincere about the dog thing in that Dutch interview, but you're right - if this journo had described some dog wandering around Mika's flat, I'd give that more weight than Mika saying something in some interview. :teehee:

No in the case of Gertrude I mean evidence as in, a couple pics of this dog in Mika's flat, followed by, say, a couple pics from the band of this dog on the tour bus or something. :roftl:

I think Mika did sound sincere about the dog thing in that Dutch interview, but you're right - if this journo had described some dog wandering around Mika's flat, I'd give that more weight than Mika saying something in some interview. :teehee:

Oh right! Sorry- I see what you mean. I agree, For example, we could believe the toys thing (even without the 3rd party evidence)- there's a vlog and pictures of his theatre etc and toys in his flat?

He did sound genuinely confessional about the dog. And he's mentioned dogs a couple of times. :dunno: But then I thought there was an atom of truth in the French Christmas. I'm not much of a twitterer- but if I was, I'd have wished him a happy hol, and would now be feeling like a fool.

Oh right! Sorry- I see what you mean. I agree, For example, we could believe the toys thing (even without the 3rd party evidence)- there's a vlog and pictures of his theatre etc and toys in his flat?

He did sound genuinely confessional about the dog. And he's mentioned dogs a couple of times. :dunno: But then I thought there was an atom of truth in the French Christmas. I'm not much of a twitterer- but if I was, I'd have wished him a happy hol, and would now be feeling like a fool.

Yup. I mean, sure he could say he's into toys, but who knows if some journalist misinterpreted it or if he exaggerated? But since various vids and pics of him with toys have surfaced, it's a pretty safe bet that he indeed loves his toys. :roftl:

Mana, sorry to nag, but could you answer my query in the yearbook thread? I need to know.

Done. :thumb_yello:

I think if any of us were asked questions all the time as well as the same questions and really dumb questions - we might start saying anything that popped into our heads or saying misleading things too.

In fact I think we might cave quicker than Mika did.

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

The Dutch interview was in late December, the Q-article seems to come from November. So it could be Mika got a dog after Q and before Life4You.

Thank you for the interview! I understood almost everything. Just do not understand ...Is it compilation of interviews for year?

It's all the same journalist/interviewer who followed him around on part of his tour and back at home i think :biggrin2:

Archived