Mika awarded 'Chevalier dans l'ordre des Arts et des Lettres'

camille*

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread reminds of the one we were discussing the colour of Mika's eyes. :aah:

I think it's royal blue, like someone said before. According to Wikipedia dictionaries define royal blue as a deep to dark blue, often with a purple or faint reddish tinge.

:doh: MFC makes me do weird things. :loco:

This thread reminds of the one we were discussing the colour of Mika's eyes. :aah:

I think it's royal blue, like someone said before. According to Wikipedia dictionaries define royal blue as a deep to dark blue, often with a purple or faint reddish tinge.

:doh: MFC makes me do weird things. :loco:

Agree on royal blue now...

I think I know the reason why... :roftl:

He looks so tired here. :boxed:

He'd come back from France, done a recording session and was off to an awards show - I think it is a combination of late night and needing a shave.

:mf_rosetinted: And a haircut.

(I never thought I'd say that )

He'd come back from France, done a recording session and was off to an awards show - I think it is a combination of late night and needing a shave.

:mf_rosetinted: And a haircut.

(I never thought I'd say that )

I think he also needs a cuddle. :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

*hides behind the screen*

More than useful, a primordial one now that I've seen this :roftl:

Hello btw, I'm an admirer of your work all through the threads :biggrin2:

Thank you....:blush-anim-cl:

haiti4.jpg

Blue.

mika_2723870.jpg

mika_2723864.jpg

Edit: Royal blue

A 100% "Royal blue" :naughty:

Royal Blue???

CT%20T200%20SW%20Royal%20Blue.jpg

Dark Blue???

DarkBlue.jpg

It's starting to get ridiculous....:naughty:

I get a bit of a thrill at the idea of Mika buying us. :teehee:

I don't care about other language threads on MFC and the lack of language threads on other forums. But I do find it incredibly irritating when someone comes to MFC and bangs on about free speech and censorship and just generally trys to give the moderators a hard time for how they operate this forum when they clearly have no ethical qualms about censoring others.

But we can address that should someone ever have the audacity to bring up censorship issues on MFC again. For now we can get back to talking about Mika's blue coat that's actually purple. :fisch:

the DMFC even has a whole english BOARD! :biggrin2: in case anyone's interested... :naughty:

but about the really interesting questions in life, that jacket is definitely blue, and i'll prove it with the mfc font colours

PURPLE and BLUE :bleh:

haiti4.jpg

ok it might be a slightly purple-ish blue on some pix, but it's definitely more blue than purple! :naughty:

This is blue...

akg102.jpg

that's light blue. :mf_rosetinted: and LOL! :lmao:

Guest cliffpat

haiti4.jpg

ok it might be a slightly purple-ish blue on some pix, but it's definitely more blue than purple! :naughty:

that is definitely blue!!

the problem is that it's satin! so it goes and reflects different colors in different lights. haha.

but about the really interesting questions in life, that jacket is definitely blue, and i'll prove it with the mfc font colours

PURPLE and BLUE :bleh:

haiti4.jpg

Our default colours are limited. :shun:

It's definitely royal purple, which is sort of halfway between purple and blue. :mf_rosetinted:

Our default colours are limited. :shun:

It's definitely royal purple, which is sort of halfway between purple and blue. :mf_rosetinted:

i say your royal purple is blue as well. :naughty: ok, scientific proof:

k9uovn.gif

on the left you see the colours in mika's jacket, taken with the photoshop pipette. on the right i adjusted the colours so they have the same amount of blue and red in the RGB scheme - meaning, purple. :naughty:

(ok i won't add now that in the CMYK scheme, the values cyan and magenta are almost the same for the colours on the left - but that would only mean that when printed, the jacket is purple and when you look at it on the pc screen, it's blue. :lmfao:)

Weren't you talking the other day about differences in attitudes depending on nationalities?

Another difference: English learning in Spain sucks; you can study for 15 years and you know nothing.

I spent a year in Germany and saw how most germans knew a perfect English. Lucky, but not the case here.

In the Spanish forum most people ask others what this and that means, they don't even understand Mika's tweets.

And really, I'm not wasting my time anymore. Feel free to draw your own conclusions... :cowboy:

i say your royal purple is blue as well. :naughty: ok, scientific proof:

k9uovn.gif

on the left you see the colours in mika's jacket, taken with the photoshop pipette. on the right i adjusted the colours so they have the same amount of blue and red in the RGB scheme - meaning, purple. :naughty:

(ok i won't add now that in the CMYK scheme, the values cyan and magenta are almost the same for the colours on the left - but that would only mean that when printed, the jacket is purple and when you look at it on the pc screen, it's blue. :lmfao:)

:lmfao: :lmfao:

That's awesome. I like your scientific approach. :lmao:

Although I still say it's purple. :mf_rosetinted:

I think the only way to know FOR SURE though is to ask him. Mellody, you're going to Ireland, right? :naughty:

Guest cliffpat
:lmfao: :lmfao:

That's awesome. I like your scientific approach. :lmao:

Although I still say it's purple. :mf_rosetinted:

I think the only way to know FOR SURE though is to ask him. Mellody, you're going to Ireland, right? :naughty:

hahaha! i can see the conversation mellody has with him now! "mika.. what color was your jacket in france? was it blue or purple? we've been fighting about it on the boards for weeks now.."

Weren't you talking the other day about differences in attitudes depending on nationalities?

Another difference: English learning in Spain sucks; you can study for 15 years and you know nothing.

I spent a year in Germany and saw how most germans knew a perfect English. Lucky, but not the case here.

In the Spanish forum most people ask others what this and that means, they don't even understand Mika's tweets.

And really, I'm not wasting my time anymore. Feel free to draw your own conclusions... :cowboy:

leire, i'm sorry if i offended you with my comment. i certainly didn't mean to, and it wasn't directed at you, but just meant as an info for everyone that it's different in different foreign forums. :wink2: i only read about this story today in this thread, so i don't really have much of an idea what happened. :wink2:

i only can say that for my own forum, i'd also fully support an english thread if none of the local members knew english, to give international members who don't know german, or not well enough, the chance to chat on my forum if they want to. but of course it'd be different if none of the admins and mods understood english on the forum. like, i wouldn't allow a spanish or hungarian thread on my forum, unless i had a mod who understood that language, because of course it has to be moderated, so people won't post spam or rude comments. :wink2:

hahaha! i can see the conversation mellody has with him now! "mika.. what color was your jacket in france? was it blue or purple? we've been fighting about it on the boards for weeks now.."

that might indeed happen, if i can think of nothing else to say to him! :lmfao: in fact, i already wanted to suggest that we should ask him on twitter, lol! :roftl:

so mana, if mika himself said it's blue, would you believe it? :fisch::naughty:

or maybe we just have to see that jacket live, or at least in a video, to be able to decide. :naughty:

Oh come on now people. You don't think I'm going to take Mika's word on what colour this jacket is do you? :roftl:

I think the fashion conversation in Ireland is going to go something like this...

Mika: I heard - from my um...one of the people at my...one of the assistants at the management company - that everyone hates my peacock bow tie and crazy-ass parrot waist sash, the other night.

:teehee:

leire, i'm sorry if i offended you with my comment. i certainly didn't mean to, and it wasn't directed at you, but just meant as an info for everyone that it's different in different foreign forums. :wink2: i only read about this story today in this thread, so i don't really have much of an idea what happened. :wink2:

i only can say that for my own forum, i'd also fully support an english thread if none of the local members knew english, to give international members who don't know german, or not well enough, the chance to chat on my forum if they want to. but of course it'd be different if none of the admins and mods understood english on the forum. like, i wouldn't allow a spanish or hungarian thread on my forum, unless i had a mod who understood that language, because of course it has to be moderated, so people won't post spam or rude comments

Don't worry, you did not offend me at all!

I understand what you say :thumb_yello:

i only can say that for my own forum, i'd also fully support an english thread if none of the local members knew english, to give international members who don't know german, or not well enough, the chance to chat on my forum if they want to. but of course it'd be different if none of the admins and mods understood english on the forum. like, i wouldn't allow a spanish or hungarian thread on my forum, unless i had a mod who understood that language, because of course it has to be moderated, so people won't post spam or rude comments. :wnk:

Apart from that, I'm no mod no admin on any forum... Don't really know what this is all about :blink:

Archived