Blame it on the girls Global Dance Event

IngievV

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG that was the craziest thing we've ever done!!!

the participants were down to three,but we were determined to do it on the street.everything was perfect at first,we rehearsed in a fast food outlet,adjusted the top view shot and recruited a few random strangers to join in.unfortunately the radio we used wasn't loud enough,lucky for us,we realised that before we started dancing.but it was a bit of a spoiler for the intro shot where we pose at different beats.it was even worse when the authorities came to raid a few vendors there,we got totally worried.but then again,thanks to nikjass' brilliant idea and persuasion skills,we managed to get a better audio (she drove her car infront of the venue and blasted her radio) AND talked the authorities into letting us do the flash mob for 5minutes! :biggrin2: dancing on the streets was radical! the shufflers sort of flirted with the three of us,but that kind of adds up to the scene.the cars slowed down to see us dance :roftl:

the shot was pretty screwed in the end,but overall it was fun fun fun!

we need to do some editing before we submit the footage though.

how did everyone else do?

Alright! My mom gave permission for my little sisters to be in the vid! :thumb_yello: We probably wont be able to do it at three, that's the time my sisters come home from the fun fair at school and I still have to reherse the dance (I've been busy at school, plus the fact I thought I wouldn't be able to do it) and I have to groom/wash the dog which takes forever.... but I will try to get it done today! :thumb_yello::roftl:

Is it possible to do it tomm. of necessary and send it in the same day since that's the deadline for the vids?

Hopefully my other sister (who's younger but is 16) will join in but I doubt it. She thinks it's stupid. :sneaky2:

I'm just back from our fantastic day in Amsterdam.

It was big fun doing the dance in public, although it was really cold!

There were a few people watching us and we got an applause at the end :-)

After the dance we went for some pizza and after that we went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D. It's really and amazing movie!

Thanks to all who was there today, I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see the movies and pictures!

Sorry for this short review, but I'm sure lots will follow, and I'm off to bed now...

EDIT 2: Ok, we are going to have to re-do it in the morning, is that ok? You WILL get the vid for sure tomorrow.

EDIT: Ok, we finished filming! XD If you want to make a bloopers section tell me, because we made a ton!! :naughty::lmfao:

My two sisters are cute. XD

Anyway I'll need to see the best one out of the takes (I had to, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get two tired kids to do stuff (We had to start around 7:30 because I had to groom and bath the dog today with my other sister and then eat dinner and clean the kitchen) So we rehearsed for a bit and then did it. They where great at first but the day got a hold of them. I got the idea to use my littlest sisters sunglasses but she didn't want my other sister to wear them. Then she wouldn't (after awhile) do another one without her elephant. XD Hahhaha.

We did it in our kitchen, we had to move the table and chairs to do it but since it was late the kitchen had the best lighting. Anyway I'm going to see the best vid, edit it, and then upload it.

hey~girls~~~~

did it success~~~??

i did~^^ Different from the first plan, but it was fun~

You know,all do by myself so friend run to me for the video recording:blush-anim-cl:

we practice recording 5~7 times. try just find perfect time.

happy time~ than my friend & me go to karaoke~

sing mika's song~ my freind loved mika song more than me~:naughty:

Male version is my brother take me a video. He laughed quietly..:mf_rosetinted:

hahaha that's my event day happenig^^

happy today~

Thank you all for your amazing stories, I loved reading it! Thank for the effort you put in this. And a big thanks to Nikjass for saving the day in Malaysia :naughty:. I can't wait to see all the vids, it'll be amazing.

We had a great day in Amsterdam yesterday, some English MFC'ers were our audience (amongst some random tourists). Our music wasn't loud enough either (as you can hear if you see our vid) but Ingie will edit it.

At a certain point a tourist started taking pictures of us and filming us, lol. It was cold but great fun.

The pizza and movie were great, Allegra joined us during dinner and after that she and a few others went to the Imogen Heap concert. The rest of us went to see Alice in wonderland, an amazing movie. Miek tweeted Mika a few times (yesterday would have been the day of the Mika gig in Amsterdam but he postponed it, probably for Abu Dhabi :bleh:) in a really funny way. Sending photo's of all of us: "we're here, where are you?" And standing next to a poster from the Mad Hatter: "Never mind, we're here with the Mad Hatter." :roftl:

I want to thank all Dutch MFC'ers for the great day, we should definitely do it again some day :thumb_yello:.

And now I will wait patiently for your vids to upload :naughty:.

OMG that was the craziest thing we've ever done!!!

the participants were down to three,but we were determined to do it on the street.everything was perfect at first,we rehearsed in a fast food outlet,adjusted the top view shot and recruited a few random strangers to join in.unfortunately the radio we used wasn't loud enough,lucky for us,we realised that before we started dancing.but it was a bit of a spoiler for the intro shot where we pose at different beats.it was even worse when the authorities came to raid a few vendors there,we got totally worried.but then again,thanks to nikjass' brilliant idea and persuasion skills,we managed to get a better audio (she drove her car infront of the venue and blasted her radio) AND talked the authorities into letting us do the flash mob for 5minutes! :biggrin2: dancing on the streets was radical! the shufflers sort of flirted with the three of us,but that kind of adds up to the scene.the cars slowed down to see us dance :roftl:

the shot was pretty screwed in the end,but overall it was fun fun fun!

we need to do some editing before we submit the footage though.

how did everyone else do?

Hey, please do not edit your footage and just send in the raw material to let me do all the work. I want every video up tonight so I can start working on it.

Hey, please do not edit your footage and just send in the raw material to let me do all the work. I want every video up tonight so I can start working on it.

nikjass and her sis has the footage though.do you want the bloopers as well?i can request them to send those to you.

Hey ingie, it was great fun, but our footage pretty crap in the end... :naughty: How am I giving it to you? Email?

Hey ingie, it was great fun, but our footage pretty crap in the end... :naughty: How am I giving it to you? Email?

itulah, :naughty: blame it on us girls yg sound trouble xdgr audio :boxed::blush-anim-cl: but anyway,i guess you should upload it on vimeo?

itulah, :naughty: blame it on us girls yg sound trouble xdgr audio :boxed::blush-anim-cl: but anyway,i guess you should upload it on vimeo?

I don't have a vimeo account and don't intend to have one right now... can I email a quicktime file instead?

I don't have a vimeo account and don't intend to have one right now... can I email a quicktime file instead?

i think u can,what format is the video in actually?some video editors can't read avi format.

oh and sorry for losing the footage in my camera :(

Ok, I'm just about to try and re-shoot with my sisters since they where crabby last night. Hopefully it's ok, since my step-dad is going crazy about doing chores and thinks the song is "bad" and it teaches a bad lesson of "Not taking responsibility for yourself." :shocked:

Hopefully my Mom wakes up soon and stops him if he tries to make us do chores and not re-dance like she suggested.

So where do we upload it again? And do we need to put our name and location in the vid?

EDIT: Ok, where done! I'm going to upload it any min. now. They are sooo cute!

Ok have now uploaded my videooo!!! :thumb_yello: woop woop!

I haven't seen it yet, is it still uploading?

nikjass and her sis has the footage though.do you want the bloopers as well?i can request them to send those to you.

We might make an extra bloopers vid. Bloopers are usually the funniest :teehee:.

Please wait for mine, I made it yesterday but cant find my cable to put it on my pc...

Someone is coming to help me this afternoon, he can put the memory card directly in to his pc.

That's Ok. It will take a while before it is evening in for example America anyway.

Is all we have to do is upload our videos to vimeo??

You can upload your vid here:

http://vimeo.com/groups/biotggde/videos

Kaeryana: some of our footage got lost as well. And our music wasn't loud enough. And we should have practised together (that was difficult because we were from all parts of the Netherlands) :teehee:. But I think in the end it'll look great anyway, once the vids are mixed together.

Yes, you can PM it to Ingie or me (I would like to have the footage too, to have an over view of the vids), perhaps if you send it to me I can put the vid on Vimeo, it is nice to be able to watch them all together. I'll PM you my email address.

Ok, I'm just about to try and re-shoot with my sisters since they where crabby last night. Hopefully it's ok, since my step-dad is going crazy about doing chores and thinks the song is "bad" and it teaches a bad lesson of "Not taking responsibility for yourself." :shocked:

Hopefully my Mom wakes up soon and stops him if he tries to make us do chores and not re-dance like she suggested.

So where do we upload it again? And do we need to put our name and location in the vid?

EDIT: Ok, where done! I'm going to upload it any min. now. They are sooo cute!

Thank you for all your effort, I am glad it worked out well in the end. I am really looking forward to seeing your vid (and your little sisters) :thumb_yello:.

video is uploading now. i took the one with the least mistakes :teehee: but we have filmed 6 versions, it's like, in each version a different part is good and another one is messed up. :naughty: originally my idea was to cut all the good parts together, but it looks strange if we're suddenly standing in totally different places. :blink: so i just uploaded one of them. if you need anything else, just let me know. :wink2: will be online again tonight.

Archived