Interview: Singer Mika - scotsman.com

Cassiopée

I read a short essay on it once.

just find this article, claiming basically the opposite for a right-handed person :teehee:

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

I have yet to read it in full

Aah, nice find :thumb_yello:.

Suzie, it says exactly what I said: if you read it, he says that looking to the left is from your viewpoint, so the person in front of you is looking at their right when they make stuff up.

So basically, what I had posted works for right handed people, and left handed peeps work the opposite way :teehee:.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God,there are 3 articles abuout his sexuality...

I don't really understand why do people care with this.

Why is it so important?Apart from this,good interview,I red this for about 1hour to understand this accurately,this is because my Englis is VERY GOOD!:thumb_yello:

Aah, nice find :thumb_yello:.

Suzie, it says exactly what I said: if you read it, he says that looking to the left is from your viewpoint, so the person in front of you is looking at their right when they make stuff up.

So basically, what I had posted works for right handed people, and left handed peeps work the opposite way :teehee:.

oh, so it is now scientifically proven that the boy was telling the truth :pinkbow:

.. at least when he was recollecting the images from his past... :teehee:

This is such a great article. Clearly the writer was able to establish a very open rapport with Mika, which I think worked to her benefit. She's also a very talented writer with fantastic skills in observing and translating her observations into print. She also clearly did a fair bit of research beforehand, which IMHO always makes for a more interesting interview.

I really liked the insight into his family dynamics. A person's relationships with family members does impact who they are, and getting a peek into that affords some insight into Mika, I think. I've known people who work with their parents, and it does create this totally bizarre limbo between a colleague relationship and a parent/child relationship.

I also think the talk of his sexuality was handled in a very classy way. As far as I know, he's never come right out and admitted directly that he could "of course" fall in love with someone regardless of gender. Something tells me that line of conversation didn't start with the writer asking, "so Mika, is it true you like to shag dudes?"

I get the sense that this writer has a genuine respect for Mika, that she "gets" him; and that he picked up on that during the interview. Interestingly I get the sense that he was far more wary of allowing Paul Rees from Q to follow him around. The result is something very candid, and I think (hope?) any "meh" fans who read this will be inspired to go pick up some gig tickets and experience the Mika magic firsthand.

Thanks for posting! :flowers2:

This is such a great article. Clearly the writer was able to establish a very open rapport with Mika, which I think worked to her benefit. She's also a very talented writer with fantastic skills in observing and translating her observations into print. She also clearly did a fair bit of research beforehand, which IMHO always makes for a more interesting interview.

I really liked the insight into his family dynamics. A person's relationships with family members does impact who they are, and getting a peek into that affords some insight into Mika, I think. I've known people who work with their parents, and it does create this totally bizarre limbo between a colleague relationship and a parent/child relationship.

I also think the talk of his sexuality was handled in a very classy way. As far as I know, he's never come right out and admitted directly that he could "of course" fall in love with someone regardless of gender. Something tells me that line of conversation didn't start with the writer asking, "so Mika, is it true you like to shag dudes?"

I get the sense that this writer has a genuine respect for Mika, that she "gets" him; and that he picked up on that during the interview. Interestingly I get the sense that he was far more wary of allowing Paul Rees from Q to follow him around. The result is something very candid, and I think (hope?) any "meh" fans who read this will be inspired to go pick up some gig tickets and experience the Mika magic firsthand.

You're absoluterly right :thumb_yello:

I've always thought that what makes a good interview, besided the "subject" (oh, sorry Mika if I've just called you subject :teehee:) , it's the capacity of the interviewer to create a cosy and nice "limbo" where is more possible to open yourself up than in any other situation.

Maybe he lied about something maybe he didn't.... but... actually he's so lovely and nice...that I'll believe him saying that donkeys can actually fly!

:fangurl:

Yeah - lollipop_monkey that is what I wanted to say & couldn't. :thumb_yello:

:roftl::roftl:

You express yourself better than I do.

I agree totally. :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Yes, agree with you (about everything), and the bolded part is what I wanted to say earlier but I can't express myself in English well enough!

Lovely, lovely interview. So much to comment on!!!

I was particularly interested by these bits:

"A hint of shyness. Most of the time Mika maintains eye contact but occasionally it's disconcerting to find him gazing into infinity over your right shoulder while he talks".

This is interesting to me, becuase they are saying that Mika is looking up to his (Mika's) left side whilst speaking.

There have been reports that claim that, when people are engaging the creative thinking aspects of their mind (ie, fabricating or making stuff up), they look up to their right hand side, and when they are retrieving facts or memories that are lodged in their mind, (ie, telling the truth) they look up to the left.

So, the technical explanation of this would be: Mika was telling the truth in this interview.

P.S. Honestly, I kid you not, these are some sort of scientific findings, I'm not making this up :wink2:.

"I want to ask him about being dubbed feminine. Was he? Or was that just his creative, flamboyant side being misunderstood? "I don't think I was feminine. There was a lot of homophobic abuse. I think it was my inability at team sports, my very loud mouth and the fact that I came from many places. It gives you a hard time, ostracises you in some ways, but in actual fact that enabled me to concentrate my energy into writing the music".

And this is interesting to me because as someone who has grown up all over the place (yes, Mika, I would give you a run for your money considering how I've moved so much more than you :roftl:), I understand that feeling. You end up sort of floating around, don't really belong anywhere 100%, but on the other hand you can make yourself fit in and belong anywhere. It's odd.

I did experience a lot of difficulties in my childhood due to being "different" to the other kids though, and of course it does make life quite hard at some stages, particularly when you are young and vulnerable and you just want to be "one more", but you can't. But I always say that the overall balance is always positive.

It makes you a lot richer than it affects you negatively.

Ohhh the shoulder thing is so interesting!!!

Our boy isn't growing a wooden nose this time, :wub2:

Lovely, lovely interview. So much to comment on!!!

I was particularly interested by these bits:

"A hint of shyness. Most of the time Mika maintains eye contact but occasionally it's disconcerting to find him gazing into infinity over your right shoulder while he talks".

This is interesting to me, becuase they are saying that Mika is looking up to his (Mika's) left side whilst speaking.

There have been reports that claim that, when people are engaging the creative thinking aspects of their mind (ie, fabricating or making stuff up), they look up to their right hand side, and when they are retrieving facts or memories that are lodged in their mind, (ie, telling the truth) they look up to the left.

So, the technical explanation of this would be: Mika was telling the truth in this interview.

P.S. Honestly, I kid you not, these are some sort of scientific findings, I'm not making this up :wink2:.

like i said, i have the feeling this interview sounds sincere - fab that we now even have scientific proof for that! :naughty::thumb_yello:

I like it, the best is when he talks about his mother :naughty:, but I'm very very tired of sexuality questions, always the same :hypo:

I was tired of them when he used to avoid answering. Now that he's got something to say about it, it's interesting.

Mika is right handed I think (as in, I have only ever seen him use his right hand to write) but I haven't heard that it matters?

Not everyone's brain is lateralized in the way you describe and there is some correlation between left-handedness and a different layout (so to speak) of your brain. It's not an exact correlation - everyone who is left handed is not different. But it can be a factor.

Thanks for posting this very interesting and professionally written interview.

Or maybe it's better to say - a very pursuasive story about Mika. Most of the known topics have been reflected from the quite different, internal angle wich give the opportunity to reconsider some of my opinions or speculations about Mika. And I agree, he sounds pretty sincere here to me. It was good timing both for the interviewer and for him though.:wink2:

Thanks for posting! I thought my English is pretty good, but I haven't understand a lot of words :( so I will reread it now.

One thing that made me uncomfortable is that he seems to be too sincere in the question of his sexuality. I think the refusals to answer such questions was the best strategy. I can imagine how twisted his words will become in several days if this interview gets into hands of one of the unfriendly newswrighters!

I was tired of them when he used to avoid answering. Now that he's got something to say about it, it's interesting.

I mean I'm tired that in every interview they ask him the same question, he is very patient, cos I will send them far far away, to be polite, if you know what I mean :naughty:

Archived