28-02-2010 Hammersmith Apollo, London: Pre Show Chatter Thread

Droopsy

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:naughty: ....

They have never been in a horror movie with an axe ... tell me one horror movie where shoes come alive and hack you to death .... <waits>:naughty:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1012/review

http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/reviews/09/04/2009/dead-mans-shoes

and a fine example of horror shoes :biggrin2:

http://www.coshoes.com/interesting-to-know/horror-metal-shoesbrrrr/

:lmfao:

She'll be all, "Ugly puppet!" and it will whip out an axe and chop off her head or something. :roftl:

I hope Mika makes these people sign a waiver against evil puppets. :teehee:

I log in, assuming to read about the London gig alone, but noooo, leave it to the MFC to drag my childhood fear into this:mf_rosetinted:

<point taken but the shoes dont actually kill :naughty:>

Kath can see the girls re hearsing :biggrin2:

they'd kill your feet if you were wearing them :naughty:

i read somewhere that they let the people with numbers on their hands into the foyer and the rest are queueing outside, though not sure if it is correct :dunno:

Ooh nice, indoor queuing! :yay: for the LG/BGs. So many of them. :shocked:

I do like the "bigness" of the London shows. More instruments, more people on stage, etc. Should be a good night. :biggrin2:

Ooh. I've never been to one before, so tomorrow will be a treat then.

And only like 20 minutes till they're allowed in fully...!

Is the number thing what the MFCers have done? Coz I know they did that at the Sheffield gig. (:

Is the number thing what the MFCers have done? Coz I know they did that at the Sheffield gig. (:

I don't know exactly what's in store for tonight, but I'm guessing. Mika has a lot of musician friends in London and the stage is always large enough so he tends to get strings and horns, etc.

The numbers given out in the queue all started in Hammersmith in 2007 when someone at the venue came out and asked an MFCer to start numbering people's hands. Since then we've been doing it at most gigs because it seems to work well.

it's something mfcers started a while back, it seems to work :thumb_yello:

mmmmh you just never know how it's gonna work out sometimes .....

Unfortunately I think it's a given that there will be these problems at Hammersmith and Brixton. There are too many doors, too many security people and complete and total chaos letting people into the venue. I have been #20 and ended up in second row and I've been #3 and had people who were #80+ standing beside me closer to the centre. I really don't think it can be avoided in London because the venues refuse to cooperate to make things run fair and smooth. :thumbdown:

Unfortunately I think it's a given that there will be these problems at Hammersmith and Brixton. There are too many doors, too many security people and complete and total chaos letting people into the venue. I have been #20 and ended up in second row and I've been #3 and had people who were #80+ standing beside me closer to the centre. I really don't think it can be avoided in London because the venues refuse to cooperate to make things run fair and smooth. :thumbdown:

It's a pity they won't take advantage of a system that is working.

Yes agreed ... Hammersmith was one of my worst gigs for this reason ...after queuing for hours in the cold (Feb 2008) i got a not great 3rd row spot and hardly saw a thing due to my height:aah: plus the barcodes not scanning .. etc etc! ( in hindsight I'd have been better moving to the back at the side but just one of those things ....)

Ooh I shall keep this in mind for when I go tomorrow. Sounds like it's a tough crowd aswell with "pushing and shoving" mentioned in another post. I had none of this at Sheffield. Shall be interesting...

Glad to know though that the MFCers are pretty near the front with the front three rows ! :thumb_yello:

Archived