REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Hammersmith Apollo, London FEB 28 2010

Fmbm

Aw, what a sight. I really love to see him say he finds something amazing when he really means it. You can see he meant it there. :blush-anim-cl:

I really hope that someday I'll find something to make him look like that, too. :aah:

LOLZ "You should er...give this idea to one of my merch people. *nervous giggle*" :lmfao:

Oh bless him. I'm so glad someone filmed that! I saw it happening in front of my eyes and said to Nic "I hope someone's recording it" because I know it's such an amazing gift and Kev's been waiting a while to give it to him.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, what a sight. I really love to see him say he finds something amazing when he really means it. You can see he meant it there. :blush-anim-cl:

I really hope that someday I'll find something to make him look like that, too. :aah:

did he ever say something is amazing but didn't mean it? :blink: as far as i'm aware, he only says that about presents that he really likes. :naughty:

did he ever say something is amazing but didn't mean it? :blink: as far as i'm aware, he only says that about presents that he really likes. :naughty:

Oh no, I didn't want to imply he pretends to like stuff while he doesn't. :no: You're right, obviously. The a word is for special gifts :wink2::wub2: I was just so captivated by his delight :wub2:

Oh no, I didn't want to imply he pretends to like stuff while he doesn't. :no: You're right, obviously. The a word is for special gifts :wink2::wub2: I was just so captivated by his delight :wub2:

btw, go one page back and see robertina's post i quoted about puotf. :wink2: it doesn't sound like a big chance, but it doesn't seem totally out of the question. :biggrin2:

i mean, mika said in hanover that he won't do ggg on the tour, and he does it, so everything is possible. :teehee:

i asked about 'pick up off the floor' and he said he may sing it sooner or later, cause set list is changing along the tour, so i asked if there might be a chance he plays it in Milan...and he said he may try. cross fingers!:wub2:

Thanks for asking about it :huglove:

And ... :wub2::wub2::wub2: he might do it at the upcoming gigs :aah::aah:

:aah::aah::aah:

:teehee:

And I have to say it again: Big Thanks to the mods for organising the front pages for the gig reports! :huglove:

I think that's the gig where they had some technical problems with their sound equipment. He says to the audience:

"Now ladies and gentlemen. You may have noticed a couple songs ago... that things changed. It looks like the rest of the show tonight is gonna be you and us. Since half of our equipment is refusing to work, you are gonna get us... completely exposed. But I don't want to stop the show. We'll keep going. Are you ready?!! Because now, we honestly f*cking need you. But we've done it before, and we'll do it again."

I get the impression that, among other things, his backing tracks stopped working, leaving him with only live backing vocals. :teehee:

Which would mean that he switched to the same idea that he had on the acoustic tour last summer when they had no backing tracks, instead getting the audience to sing along with this bit of Happy Ending. :wub2:

Thanks for posting the vids, SashaX! :wub2:

well, now you say that, it does make sense. it was quite on the backing tracks, but we made up for it from the audience. of course we were gonna help, whether he liked it or not!!

nothing report from me, sorry, I don't speak english, but this is my pics :thumb_yello:

MikaLondra28febbraio2010024.jpg

that picture...:swoon: i've been looking for a pic like that for ever!!! thank you!!

xx

and thanks everyone for the upload of pics and vids, love you all!! :huglove

xxxxxxx

Hi,

I went to the gig on Sunday and it was good.

I have a concern and I can already "hear" some people commenting and not agreeing with me.

I had a seat as standing too long for it's difficult. If I'm at the front for example, lining on a barriere that's ok. To be at the front, it means queuing for a long time which I can't do so I have booked a seat with was fine for me.

THe problem was as soon as the second song started (big girl), people were standing up and dancing. To be really honest, it ruined my evening as there was no way I could stand up the whole gig, plus people standing up -being taller - couldn't see the stage.

I know we all enjoyed MIka's concert and even him made some comments about the seating area.

If people want to stand up then they should buy a standing ticket as they need to take into consideration the needs of other people who might not be able to stand up.

Don't get me wrong, for some songs, I understand perfectly and yes it's a concert, we need to have fun. On Monday, it was better, as people stood up for LOve Today etc and for example sat down for "Toy Boy"

I wanted to say this, hope people won't take it the wrong way.

The moment we handed over Minimika has turned up on youtube :boing:

Look at his little face, just like a child with a new toy.

A big THANK YOU to the person who uploaded it and also to lyli21 who sent us the link :flowers2:

Oh, Kevin, I just watched this now, but HOW FANTASTIC was his reaction???????

I'm so pleased for you guys, as I know first hand how long you've wanted to give it to him for (and see his reaction), so this is absolutely fabulous :wub2:.

Mind you, not that I was expecting any less of an enthusiastic reaction, as the little toy is perfect, but still, it's great to see it (and have it on video)

yay, finally received our mika group pic!! :woot_jump:

grouppic.jpg

those who are on it and didn't get it from jenny, pm me your e-mail-address, then i'll send you the original size pic. :wink2:

The moment we handed over Minimika has turned up on youtube :boing:

Oh that is such a great video! Well done on the gift!

I don't understand why he's saying YOU should tell his merchant people. Why doesn't he do it? :lmfao:

grouppic.jpg

Aw, that's lovely. :fangurl:

grouppic.jpg

those who are on it and didn't get it from jenny, pm me your e-mail-address, then i'll send you the original size pic. :wink2:

lovely:wub2:

grouppic.jpg

adorable pic!and he looks AMAZING :wub2:

Hi,

I went to the gig on Sunday and it was good.

I have a concern and I can already "hear" some people commenting and not agreeing with me.

I had a seat as standing too long for it's difficult. If I'm at the front for example, lining on a barriere that's ok. To be at the front, it means queuing for a long time which I can't do so I have booked a seat with was fine for me.

THe problem was as soon as the second song started (big girl), people were standing up and dancing. To be really honest, it ruined my evening as there was no way I could stand up the whole gig, plus people standing up -being taller - couldn't see the stage.

I know we all enjoyed MIka's concert and even him made some comments about the seating area.

If people want to stand up then they should buy a standing ticket as they need to take into consideration the needs of other people who might not be able to stand up.

Don't get me wrong, for some songs, I understand perfectly and yes it's a concert, we need to have fun. On Monday, it was better, as people stood up for LOve Today etc and for example sat down for "Toy Boy"

I wanted to say this, hope people won't take it the wrong way.

Hi :)

I understand yr point of view and I'm really sorry you couldn't enjoy the gig :(

I was in the circle as well, as I cannot stand for long, but I did stand up during a few songs; as I did it outside the sitting area, I don't think I annoyed anyone

Maybe next time you could sit at the side or tell the venue about yr problem and ask for a seated place in the first rows or in the disabled area.

Which row where you sitting in?

Has anyone got other advice?

Judeline, you were there both nights too, do you also think that Mika was way more tired the second night (after the show) then the first? Quite understandable, it was his second gig in a row and he gave everything he had that night, it was amazing. But the first night he shook all our hands, the second he just posed for the pic. Which was more then I expected, I did not expect anything like that at all, after Laurel's story. The photos were a big bonus.

The girl with the blond hair, standing in front of me on the picture was a Mika gig virgin and Lollipop girl at the same time, she texted me the next day: "I am going again, love the show." She also bought a ticket to the Eden project and told me she is suffering from Mika withdrawal. I said: "welcome to the club :naughty:." On Sunday she asked me (before the gig) why I would come from Holland to London to see Mika. Now she knows :biggrin2:.