Mika at "Le Grand Journal" (Canal +) the 13th April

French Deb

Oh we didn't get to see/hear him a lot... :sad:

But it's always nice to see him :wub2: and the good thing is it will be on their website tomorrow.

Does anybody what Mika is doing tomorrow? He's in Paris, surely he'll visit some radio stations or other TV shows?

Label Barclay's twitter who are following his promo in France, will apparently follow Mika's promo tomorrow from 11am on their twitter page

(''Demain suivez sa journée promo dés 11h ici!'')

Sorry if I've translated that wrong!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For my english MFCers friends :huglove:

Translation part1

Mika:M

Interviewer:I

Some girls and guys talk to, i dont know their names, so i just wrote "girl" or "guy"

I: Mika is back at Le Grand Journal to perform his new single "Blame it on the girls." Heres MIKA!

*BIOTG plays*

I: So, that was the second single of the second album. So, if i get it right, the story of the song is about a guy who has everything and is still unhappy.

Is this boy you?

M: Yes... I never admitted that... but in a way, yes, its me. And also, theres so many woman in my family. My sisters,

my mom, my aunts. So its like ive got 11 mothers and (speaks english) "I put everything on them".

Guy: Micheal Jackson sang "Blame it on the Boogie" and youre singing "Blame it on the Girls". Everything is the girls'

fault!

Mika: *giggle* yeah...

Girl:Don't you want someday to (im not sure how to translate this... it means cutting the bridge from his family, but

not in the way of never seeing them again, just being more independant...) Because you still live in your parents house

and youve got this family that helps keep your feet on the ground but whos at the same time very present in your life.

M: Yeah... i bought a house... or im buying a house...

Girl: But you said that last time you were here already. that you would buy a house! so??

Guy: But in this house, will you get all your family to live with you??

M:See, i bought a house..

I: where, in london or Paris?

M: in London, but the woman decided that she didnt want to sell it to me after all cause i took 4 months to decide if

i really wanted to buy it and then i chose another house, and it took me 3 months... and the man finally said

no...so i found another one! But i think i'll take this one!!

Girl: ok, so, when did you find that one?

M: i HATE spending money on things like that! It's scary!

Girl: But wait, you sold 6 million copies of your first album, this one has already sold 1 million...its going well no?

you can buy this house!

M:I know! But what am i gonna do all alone in a house? No, but i have friends that are gonna live with me (me me! mika!! :das: )

and i bought a dog, so its okay, no problem!

Girl: whats the name of the dog?

M: I dont know yet, its a girl...

Guy: Call her "Gaga"...

M: shes pregnant..

Girl:who??

M: the dog... the dog is pregnant...And the dog is a champion of... (croft??)... I'm not

sure what i means (:aah:), i had to buy the dog before she had the baby (yep, im confused too..)It's very complicated...

I: Terrible problems!

Guy: you have an incredible life!

M: and i had to do an interview to see if i was fit to have the dog...

Girl: and what was the interview?

M:They wanted to make sure i was serious, and that i would take care of the dog...

Girl: buy a house...

M: yeah everything, if i had space for the dog, a garden and everything.

I: Okay! We're talking about odd things now..

M: *giggles*

I:You're in charge of all the artistic production of your work. Lets see a clip of the song you just sang and you,ll tell me

what it means.

M:okay

*BIOTG the clip plays*

:bow: thankyou! :wub2:

He says he's buying a PREGNANT dog? A few weeks ago he said he was buying a puppy! Before that he said he already had Gertrude! The man is SO a compulsive liar! :teehee:

:naughty: he's making the story wilder and wilder, see how much he can get away with...

sounds almost the same with the house story... and then the people start calling him out on it (quoting what he said a while ago) and he gets himself deeper and deeper into it...:roftl:

Label Barclay's twitter who are following his promo in France, will apparently follow Mika's promo tomorrow from 11am on their twitter page

(''Demain suivez sa journée promo dés 11h ici!'')

Sorry if I've translated that wrong!

Thank you! I kind of remembered something like that but was not sure :thumb_yello:

He says he's buying a PREGNANT dog? A few weeks ago he said he was buying a puppy! Before that he said he already had Gertrude! The man is SO a compulsive liar! :teehee:

Yes he's a good liar, but I don't know why when he speaks in French I always feel he's more honest. Or maybe this has a special impact on me :naughty:

Translation part2

Girl:so, the costumes?

I: the hat? Clockwork Orange?

M: the costumes, yeah, exactly! how do you say that in french? Thats it.."Orange mécanique" ok, and its also a little bit of Andy Warhol. It's the idea that its like a creativity factory. And also the costumes are half-men half-woman.

Guy: It's funny Mika, because on the first boy, youre like this naive child, on the second one, youre a naive teenager, but in fact, youre a man who controls everything in your work! Every single detail is organised, Your work isnt naive at all.

M: Everything is created in our living room, at home. It's not only my family, its my friends from College, people that i love working with, and we always work together. Even if we're not on tour, we're always making drawings for the tours. Like the show that we're going to start in Lisbon on Friday, and thats gonna be here in France.

I: Youre in Bercy the 26th and 27th in every big cities in France.

M:yes, and this show, it took us a year and a half to do it, and on Friday, it'll be our first night! It took us a year and a half to do all the drawings and stuff.

I: lets talk about Kick-Ass

Guy: Kick-ass is the story of a few geeks that think theyre superheroes and i think its for you (mika), the opportunity to conquer the United States. Because it works everywhere, but in the USA? Why doesnt MIKA work in the usa?

M: (i dont think he understood the questioon right... aww i think he thought they said kickass wasnt working well in usa...) I dont know, maybe its because of me. I think its too european. It's a mix between childhood and teenagers but with a very dark humour. Theres alot of violence, but its "comic-book" violence. And in Europe, we appreciate that, but in America, its too shocking,

its not funny for them. We realize that its not serious. we've got a very different sensitivity.

Girl: Will you be adult someday? Will there be an "aldut" album? Or you dont want to do this right now?

M: oh totally!, no no!

Guy: he bought a dog!

M:And, im saying that the first album is about childhood, but if you look at a song like "Stuck in the middle" where i start to sing:"I sit and think about the day that youre gonna die." Because i really that now i wanna grow up. So its not all about childhood. its just the context. Like i said last time, i dont have a "Peter Pan" syndrom. I'm not interested in that.

I: Lets see a clip of kick-ass.

*Kick-ass plays*

I: the movie will be out on April 21th in France. Do you like video games?

M:yeah, i liked SimCity. (:aah:!) You can control and construct your own little world.*giggles* (i dont know why he finds it so funny :lmfao:!!)

They invite 2 people who made a videogame...

The end, mika doesnt talk anymore after that!

Oh yeah, they ask him if hed like to star in a videogame and he said: Do i have to wear all those things on my face? (like the red buttons things to make it 3D)

thats it! hope the translation is okay:blush-anim-cl:

yeah, well thats what it sounds like anyways, but sometimes he makes mistakes in french... so it could be that too.. maybe thats not what he meant to say, but thats definitly how its translated...:teehee:

maybe hes buying the baby dog that the mama dog is gonna have.. it wasnt so clear :lmfao:!

Translation part1

Some girls and guys talk to, i dont know their names, so i just wrote "girl" or "guy"

I: Mika is back at Le Grand Journal to perform his new single "Blame it on the girls." Heres MIKA!

*BIOTG plays*

I: So, that was the second single of the second album. So, if i get it right, the story of the song is about a guy who has everything and is still unhappy.

Is this boy you?

M: Yes... I never admitted that... but in a way, yes, its me. And also, theres so many woman in my family. My sisters,

my mom, my aunts. So its like ive got 11 mothers and (speaks english) "I put everything on them".

Guy: Micheal Jackson sang "Blame it on the Boogie" and youre singing "Blame it on the Girls". Everything is the girls'

fault!

Girl:Don't you want someday to (im not sure how to translate this... it means cutting the bridge from his family, but

not in the way of never seeing them again, just being more independant...) Because you still live in your parents house

and youve got this family that helps keep your feet on the ground but whos at the same time very present in your life.

Girl: But you said that last time you were here already. that you would buy a house! so??

M: in London, but the woman decided that she didnt want to sell it to me after all cause i took 4 months to decide if

i really wanted to buy it and then i chose another house, and it took me 3 months... and the man finally said

no...so i found another one! But i think i'll take this one!!

Girl: But wait, you sold 6 million copies of your first album, this one has already sold 1 million...its going well no?

you can buy this house!

M:I know! But what am i gonna do all alone in a house? No, but i have friends that are gonna live with me (me me! mika!! :das: )

and i bought a dog, so its okay, no problem!

M: the dog... the dog is pregnant...And the dog is a champion of... (croft??)... I'm not

sure what i means (:aah:), i had to buy the dog before she had the baby (yep, im confused too..)It's very complicated...

M:They wanted to make sure i was serious, and that i would take care of the dog...

I:You're in charge of all the artistic production of your work. Lets see a clip of the song you just sang and you,ll tell me

what it means.

M:okay

*BIOTG the clip plays*

thank you so much :flowers2:

I agree with you Lilstar (Roxane c'est ça? :wink2:) I don't think Mika really understood the question about Kick Ass. They were asking about him and the USA and he started talking about the violence in the film :naughty:

All in all I think his French has already been much better! Sorry Mika my expectations are high :teehee:

I agree with you Lilstar (Roxane c'est ça? :wink2:) I don't think Mika really understood the question about Kick Ass. They were asking about him and the USA and he started talking about the violence in the film :naughty:

All in all I think his French has already been much better! Sorry Mika my expectations are high :teehee:

yep im Roxane:thumb_yello:

i know, poor mika, :aah: the question wasnt clear enough i guess:teehee:

and yes, his french is so amazing! im amazed everytime i hear him!!:wub2:

Translation part2

Girl: Will you be adult someday? Will there be an "aldut" album? Or you dont want to do this right now?

M:And, im saying that the first album is about childhood, but if you look at a song like "Stuck in the middle"

where i start to sing:"I sit and think about the day that youre gonna die." Because i really that now i wanna grow

up. So its not all about childhood. its just the context. Like i said last time, i dont have a "Peter Pan" syndrom.

I'm not interested in that.

thanks Roxane :huglove:

whatz da problema with Peter Pan Syndrom?:mf_rosetinted:

Translation part1

*BIOTG plays*

I: So, that was the second single of the second album. So, if i get it right, the story of the song is about a guy who has everything and is still unhappy. Is this boy you?

M: Yes... I never admitted that... but in a way, yes, its me. And also, theres so many woman in my family. My sisters, my mom, my aunts. So its like ive got 11 mothers and (speaks english) "I put everything on them".

Guy: Micheal Jackson sang "Blame it on the Boogie" and youre singing "Blame it on the Girls". Everything is the girls' fault!

Girl: Don't you want someday to (im not sure how to translate this... it means cutting the bridge from his family, but not in the way of never seeing them again, just being more independant...) Because you still live in your parents house and youve got this family that helps keep your feet on the ground but whos at the same time very present in your life.

M: in London, but the woman decided that she didnt want to sell it to me after all cause i took 4 months to decide if i really wanted to buy it and then i chose another house, and it took me 3 months... and the man finally said no...so i found another one! But i think i'll take this one!!

Girl: But wait, you sold 6 million copies of your first album, this one has already sold 1 million...its going well no? you can buy this house!

M:I know! But what am i gonna do all alone in a house? No, but i have friends that are gonna live with me (me me! mika!! :das: ) and i bought a dog, so its okay, no problem!

M: the dog... the dog is pregnant...And the dog is a champion of... (croft??)... I'm not sure what i means (:aah:), i had to buy the dog before she had the baby (yep, im confused too..)It's very complicated...

I:You're in charge of all the artistic production of your work. Lets see a clip of the song you just sang and you,ll tell me what it means.

M: okay

*BIOTG the clip plays*

Translation part2

Girl:so, the costumes?

I: the hat? Clockwork Orange?

M: the costumes, yeah, exactly! how do you say that in french? Thats it.."Orange mécanique" ok, and its also a little bit of Andy Warhol. It's the idea that its like a creativity factory. And also the costumes are half-men half-woman.

Guy: It's funny Mika, because on the first boy, youre like this naive child, on the second one, youre a naive teenager, but in fact, youre a man who controls everything in your work! Every single detail is organised, Your work isnt naive at all.

M: Everything is created in our living room, at home. It's not only my family, its my friends from College, people that i love working with, and we always work together. Even if we're not on tour, we're always making drawings for the tours. Like the show that we're going to start in Lisbon on Friday, and thats gonna be here in France.

I: Youre in Bercy the 26th and 27th in every big cities in France.

M:yes, and this show, it took us a year and a half to do it, and on Friday, it'll be our first night! It took us a year and a half to do all the drawings and stuff.

I: lets talk about Kick-Ass

Guy: Kick-ass is the story of a few geeks that think theyre superheroes and i think its for you (mika), the opportunity to conquer the United States. Because it works everywhere, but in the USA? Why doesnt MIKA work in the usa?

M: (i dont think he understood the questioon right... aww i think he thought they said kickass wasnt working well in usa...) I dont know, maybe its because of me. I think its too european. It's a mix between childhood and teenagers but with a very dark humour. Theres alot of violence, but its "comic-book" violence. And in Europe, we appreciate that, but in America, its too shocking,

its not funny for them. We realize that its not serious. we've got a very different sensitivity.

M:And, im saying that the first album is about childhood, but if you look at a song like "Stuck in the middle" where i start to sing:"I sit and think about the day that youre gonna die." Because i really that now i wanna grow up. So its not all about childhood. its just the context. Like i said last time, i dont have a "Peter Pan" syndrom. I'm not interested in that.

*Kick-ass plays*

I: the movie will be out on April 21th in France. Do you like video games?

M:yeah, i liked SimCity. (:aah:!) You can control and construct your own little world.*giggles* (i dont know why he finds it so funny :lmfao:!!)

They invite 2 people who made a videogame...

The end, mika doesnt talk anymore after that!

Oh yeah, they ask him if hed like to star in a videogame and he said: Do i have to wear all those things on my face? (like the red buttons things to make it 3D)

thats it! hope the translation is okay:blush-anim-cl:

:wub2:thank you so much!

I was there, in Le Grand Journal, and I think he didn't bought the pregnant dog, but one of her (not born yet) babies!

but... this itw was so confused. and he tells so many different and conflicted things in each itw he gives! especially when it comes to this house and dog things!

so... where is the truth? :aah:

anyway, it was so funny and such a pleasure to see him and the band again... :blush-anim-cl:

I was there, in Le Grand Journal, and I think he didn't bought the pregnant dog, but one of her (not born yet) babies!

but... this itw was so confused. and he tells so many different and conflicted things in each itw he gives! especially when it comes to this house and dog things!

so... where is the truth? :aah:

anyway, it was so funny and such a pleasure to see him and the band again... :blush-anim-cl:

Wow!! You were there....

Thanks for the clarification!! :thumb_yello: Mika changes version every time and it is not easy to follow him in his stories :naughty:

Btw, How was he live? :blush-anim-cl:

Oh I thought he was staying in France until his private gig on Thursday. Don't know where I read that..

Yes, I know, someone once wrote that we could follow Mika on Twitter doing his promo in Paris on April 14th. Anybody remember that?

Ah yes!

I'd forgotten about that, I saw that a few weeks back.

Translation part1

*BIOTG plays*

I: So, that was the second single of the second album. So, if i get it right, the story of the song is about a guy who has everything and is still unhappy. Is this boy you?

M: Yes... I never admitted that... but in a way, yes, its me. And also, theres so many woman in my family. My sisters, my mom, my aunts. So its like ive got 11 mothers and (speaks english) "I put everything on them".

Guy: Micheal Jackson sang "Blame it on the Boogie" and youre singing "Blame it on the Girls". Everything is the girls' fault!

Girl: Don't you want someday to (im not sure how to translate this... it means cutting the bridge from his family, but not in the way of never seeing them again, just being more independant...) Because you still live in your parents house and youve got this family that helps keep your feet on the ground but whos at the same time very present in your life.

M: in London, but the woman decided that she didnt want to sell it to me after all cause i took 4 months to decide if i really wanted to buy it and then i chose another house, and it took me 3 months... and the man finally said no...so i found another one! But i think i'll take this one!!

Girl: But wait, you sold 6 million copies of your first album, this one has already sold 1 million...its going well no? you can buy this house!

M:I know! But what am i gonna do all alone in a house? No, but i have friends that are gonna live with me (me me! mika!! :das: ) and i bought a dog, so its okay, no problem!

M: the dog... the dog is pregnant...And the dog is a champion of... (croft??)... I'm not sure what i means (:aah:), i had to buy the dog before she had the baby (yep, im confused too..)It's very complicated...

I:You're in charge of all the artistic production of your work. Lets see a clip of the song you just sang and you,ll tell me what it means.

M: okay

*BIOTG the clip plays*

Tha'll be Crufts, it's the big dog show in the UK, all the big dog breeders enter it.

If he's getting a pup from a Crufts champion, it should be a beauty!

Tha'll be Crufts, it's the big dog show in the UK, all the big dog breeders enter it.

If he's getting a pup from a Crufts champion, it should be a beauty!

:dog:

aw, ya beat me to it (the explanation)! But yes, he'll have a great dog!! That is, if he's actually getting one... who can keep what he's saying straight these days?!:bleh:

Wow!! You were there....

Thanks for the clarification!! :thumb_yello: Mika changes version every time and it is not easy to follow him in his stories :naughty:

Btw, How was he live? :blush-anim-cl:

the live was awesome!! lovely little choreography with iMMa and Jimmy..:wub2:

(too bad we can't see it well on the TV version!! :sneaky2: )

that was so good to see them on stage... really great moment!!! :)

to camille and Rak1: yes, you can follow his promo day tomorrow on @labelbarclay ! :wink2:

Archived