Mika on Weekend Wogan, BBC Radio 2

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks so much :flowers2:

I really enjoyed listening to it, especially acoustic wag:wub2:

Also loved that he added the "last time we talked" bit at GK. I think thats the reason why the beginning of GK sounded a bit 2007.

It was great to hear from T.Wogan that TBWKTM has already sold 2 million copies:)

Mika: We Are Young is on the Radio 2 playlist! Check it out!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/music/playlist/

thats fab news:thumb_yello:

I just watched Mika on Wogan on the BBC red button ... they only played Grace Kelly though ... but the interview was really good :wub2:

hope someone recorded this.

Just watched the vid on the Radio 2 website - he looks so well and relaxed!! And he's wearing that stripey Breton shirt which I just LOVE seeing him wear :wub2:

He really looks uber-cute and he is just the most adorable guest for any interviewer, especially when he's in such a good mood as he plainly is in this interview. The camera shows the reactions of the audience at times to what he's saying etc, and they all seem to be smiling and responding to him really well!

So glad I saw this vid - thanks to Rak1 for the heads-up that a vid would be available, otherwise I'd never have known about it! :thumb_yello:

(But I gather that it's not viewable by everyone across the world - is there any techy-wizard type person who'd be able to download it so's that others who are blocked from watching it on the R2 website can see it too?? Sorry, I don't know how to do that myself! :aah:)

could someone at least make a screenshot from the video for us non-ukers please? :wub2:

and if you don't know how to download it, you can always film it with your digicam from the pc screen... :fisch:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/weekend-wogan/videos/110410_ww_highlights/

That's the BBC link to watch Weekend Wogan video (highlights only I'm guessing, the url kind of gives it away :teehee:) but it only works in the UK. Poo. :<

Thanks for posting :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

immagine1rx.jpg

Unfortunately I can't capture the video... :(

Edited by Lucrezia

Pop star Mika leaving the BBC Radio Theatre in central London after taping an edition of Weekend Wogan - hosted by veteran Irish DJ Sir Terry Wogan.

(April 11, 2010)

Pop+star+Mika+leaving+BBC+Radio+Theatre+central+jBtH2E0a4nFl.jpg?39395PCN_Wogan01

other pics here: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/dq_Par_QZgN/Mika+Takes+a+Walk/tTBkLDlOW7y/Mika

great pic:) t4p marina

Edited by Louiza

Pop star Mika leaving the BBC Radio Theatre in central London after taping an edition of Weekend Wogan - hosted by veteran Irish DJ Sir Terry Wogan.

(April 11, 2010)

Pop+star+Mika+leaving+BBC+Radio+Theatre+central+jBtH2E0a4nFl.jpg?39395PCN_Wogan01

other pics here: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/dq_Par_QZgN/Mika+Takes+a+Walk/tTBkLDlOW7y/Mika

T4P!! :thumb_yello:

Mika, Paloma and Ida!! I think he was not very happy to be photographed with their :wink2: Stupid paparazzi

this one's so cute! :wub2::swoon:

Mika+on+a+lovely+day+tTBkLDlOW7yl.jpg?100411L2_MIKA_B_GR_01

T4P!! :thumb_yello:

Mika, Paloma and Ida!! I think he was not very happy to be photographed with their :wink2: Stupid paparazzi

agree... in the first pic he's still smiling for the paps, and the picture subtitle still fits... but looks like they kept following him when he wanted to take a walk... and so on the pic with paloma+ida, he gives the pap his death stare. :naughty: and rightly so! :sneaky2: if looks could kill, there'd be one pap less in london now... :teehee:

Edited by mellody

agree... in the first pic he's still smiling for the paps, and the picture subtitle still fits... but looks like they kept following him when he wanted to take a walk... and so on the pic with paloma+ida, he gives the pap his death stare. :naughty: and rightly so! :sneaky2: if looks could kill, there'd be one pap less in london now... :teehee:

yup agree too... they shouldnt have followed him:sneaky2: i guess it's ok to take a few pics outside the radio station but it's really rude to start following him down the road. the first couple of pics where he's smiling are really nice, the photographers should have stopped there.

yup agree too... they shouldnt have followed him:sneaky2: i guess it's ok to take a few pics outside the radio station but it's really rude to start following him down the road. the first couple of pics where he's smiling are really nice, the photographers should have stopped there.

Absolutely. The thing is, photographers don't stop when you want them to, do they. Every picture his look is getting grimmer. It's part of the job I'm afraid.

I love the picture inside the studio, now I know why the background singing sounded so...ahm...well let's be honest about it, terrible. It wasn't Imma's fault!

Thanks for posting the video, I was about to watch it on TV but now I don't have to :original: If people want, I can video it on my camera on full screen and then upload it onto youtube. Don't know or not.

I loved the interview though. I listened to it on the radio and he sounded really happy. HE'S STILL ALIVE! The silence on twitter from him has kinda been making me sad, but now even if he still doesn't tweet for a while, at least he's OK. :thumb_yello:

Watching the vid just seemed to make me smile more though. It was funny on the radio, but when you can see him moving around and his facial expressions, it's even better :wub2:

I have to say I hated the backing vocals though. At first I thought that iMMa and someone else were singing with him, and it was really wierd. But when I saw the vid and saw those 3 women, I was like "Oh, THAT'S why it sounded bad!" :sneaky2:

And I thought that the paps following him up the road wasn't great. The first few pics of him smiling were really nice (especially with him wearing that shirt!) but they could have just left it there rather than follow him. Obviously he didn't want them there by looking at that stare he was giving them. But of course, the paps never know when to stop.

But overall I thought it was a lovely interview :thumb_yello:

Edited by LoveLoveMika!!!! <3

Thanks for posting the video' date=' I was about to watch it on TV but now I don't have to :original: If people want, I can video it on my camera on full screen and then upload it onto youtube. Don't know or not.

[/quote']

yes please film it with your camera:thumb_yello:

I must be the only one who enjoyed BIOTG the least out of those three songs, although I did like the horns. :blush-anim-cl:

I actually loved BIOTG best because of the horns... :blush-anim-cl:

In my head the song should have been recorded with horns - it has been my opinion ever since I first heard the recorded version with those strange synthetic sounds :blink: but now I am happy that I finally have a much better version of it in terms of the arrangements :thumb_yello:

As for the singing, I was not really pleased with it, especially on WAG...

I actually loved BIOTG best because of the horns... :blush-anim-cl:

In my head the song should have been recorded with horns - it has been my opinion ever since I first heard the recorded version with those strange synthetic sounds :blink: but now I am happy that I finally have a much better version of it in terms of the arrangements :thumb_yello:

As for the singing, I was not really pleased with it, especially on WAG...

I guess (and hope :naughty:) that you mean the backing singing, not Mika's? if that is what you mean, yes, I fully agree, and in fact that is what I posted just after the programme: that I didn't like the backing singing at all. I KNEW that it wasn't the regular Imma backing.

I really wonder why they do this, bring artists in and then use their own people to do the backing for them. It totally ruins their song, and if I was the artist in question, I'd be really bothered by it :dunno: I can understand something like Jools Holland, where he plays the piano, but with singing it's so much more personal and tricky....

Don't get me started on paps, I detest them!:sneaky2:

I think he did well not to react to them, I swear they keep taking pics to try and get a reaction, and as he's never been anything but cheery in pics, I think they wanted something more sensationlist. Makes me want to scream!:aah:

He really likes Terry it seems, and Terry seems to enjoy interviewng him. Hope he's on again sometime soon.