Mika on Weekend Wogan, BBC Radio 2

lollipop_monkey

Mika will be a guest of Terry Wogan on BBC Radio 2 from 11:00 - 13:00.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2

Direct Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rz1y2

"Sir Terry Wogan is live from the BBC Radio Theatre with Ringo Starr.

He's also joined by Mika, the New York singer-songwriter Nell Bryden who fuses blues, country, modern Dixie and jazz; and there's further music from Elio Pace and the Weekend Wogan House Band.

John 'Boggy' Marsh also joins in the fun and frolics for a Sunday morning."

:Update:

Download the songs and interview here (thanks kaatje!)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a2svnt

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is more often on Radio 2 than Radio 1 nowadays ...

anyway, great news!:thumb_yello: I love interviews.

But he hasn't been played on Radio Two this year anything like as much as he used to be :shocked:

Yeah he needs Radio 1 promo as well :thumb_yello:

Hopefully Terry will get his name right this time LOL.

Doubtful. It is a show with a live audience and I can't stand Wogan when he is 'playing' to an audience:shocked:

I think they might film it! Looking up the footie results on the red button facility on Sky today, they had it on with Debbie Reynolds, Elkie Brookes and Mica Paris. I'm not sure if it was last weeks or not.

I'll keep my eye on it.:thumb_yello:

Edit: Just looked, and they film it every week and put it on the R2 website every Monday.

They also put little backstage treats, so who knows what might be on it.

Edited by RAK1

I think they might film it! Looking up the footie results on the red button facility on Sky today, they had it on with Debbie Reynolds, Elkie Brookes and Mica Paris. I'm not sure if it was last weeks or not.

Film? Hm? I thought it was just a radio show? I'm confused :aah:

OH! Good point - I never thought of that!

Film? Hm? I thought it was just a radio show? I'm confused :aah:

It's on the radio between 11-1 on Sunday mornings, but they film it too, and show highlights on the website during the week.:thumb_yello:

But he hasn't been played on Radio Two this year anything like as much as he used to be :shocked:
Yeah he needs Radio 1 promo as well :thumb_yello:

I don't listen to these stations at all now but most of his recent BBC Radio interviews I recall were with Radio 2 - with a slightly older listener profile than Radio 1.

I don't mind that at all since I remember Terry Wogan's name from interviews with some of my other favourite musicians back in the eighties (:teehee:) but like Caz said, Radio 1 airplay would be crucial for Kick Ass, for example ...

Just looked, and they film it every week and put it on the R2 website every Monday.

They also put little backstage treats, so who knows what might be on it.

I am even more excited now :thumb_yello:

:groovy:

I don't listen to these stations at all now but most of his recent BBC Radio interviews I recall were with Radio 2 - with a slightly older listener profile than Radio 1.

I don't mind that at all since I remember Terry Wogan's name from interviews with some of my other favourite musicians back in the eighties (:teehee:) but like Caz said, Radio 1 airplay would be crucial for Kick Ass, for example ...

Most of his old ones were too. Maida Vale was a R2 thing, his first album was previewed on R2 and GK was a record of the week. He has been on Dermot O'Leary since the start as well and also been on Ken Bruce's show and Steve Wright. Radio 2 promote him far more than R1.

Yes indeed but unfortunatetly the TBWKTM singles haven't been getting anything like the airplay that the LICM ones got even on Radio Two. But at least they are still interviewing him :thumb_yello:

Yes indeed but unfortunatetly the TBWKTM singles haven't been getting anything like the airplay that the LICM ones got even on Radio Two. But at least they are still interviewing him :thumb_yello:

Well I heard Rain a lot. They also previewed TBWKTM. I haven't been listening recently though.

R1, R2, who cares - at least it's ON! And highly suitable listening for us old folks! :teehee: It's good it's in the morning because in the afternoons of course we go on our mobility scooters to B&Q to buy plants for our allotments, and in the evenings we fall asleep in our chairs. We have to conserve our energy for Mika concerts when we revert to being 17 again :biggrin2:

Well I heard Rain a lot. They also previewed TBWKTM. I haven't been listening recently though.

Yeah, actually, they did play Rain quite a lot - and Blue Eyes, although obviously that wasn't a single. Just seems to be in the last few months really that it seems to have dropped off a bit. But as you say - he was on Dermot recently and now this tomorrow - I suppose that is relatively high profile - maybe I just expect too much :wink2:

Yeah, actually, they did play Rain quite a lot - and Blue Eyes, although obviously that wasn't a single. Just seems to be in the last few months really that it seems to have dropped off a bit. But as you say - he was on Dermot recently and now this tomorrow - I suppose that is relatively high profile - maybe I just expect too much :wink2:

And on Jools Hollands radio show a month ago:wink2: