Travel plans to Euro gigs.

RAK1

Nope, no trains.

I can get to Geneva by coach, but I can't get a train from there because you have to book 7 days in advance, apparently. I'm considering hiring a car, it's only 200 miles and I can chuck my suitcase in the back and drive straight to the venue. I would arrive Wednesday at 7am which would give me plenty of time to drive...I just have to remember to drive on the right (wrong) side of the road. :naughty:

:roftl: sounds like a plan. DO IT.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nope, no trains.

I can get to geneva by coach, but i can't get a train from there because you have to book 7 days in advance, apparently. I'm considering hiring a car, it's only 200 miles and i can chuck my suitcase in the back and drive straight to the venue. I would arrive wednesday at 7am which would give me plenty of time to drive...i just have to remember to drive on the right (wrong) side of the road. :naughty:

on trenitalia there are trains from genova to milan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on trenitalia there are trains from genova to milan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to GenEva...in Switzerland. I'm gonna call the coach company and ask if they can get me to Milan by any means possible. :roftl:

I'm going to GenEva...in Switzerland. I'm gonna call the coach company and ask if they can get me to Milan by any means possible. :roftl:

ups...sorry...i thought you wrote wrong :roftl:

Live in Denmark and cant see anything too but its cos you cant cos its so high... according to the news :blink: But can see it a lil on the ground

Exactly: it's too high to be seen.

Actually, I've just heard on the news that they are not even sure that the cloud is moving over Italy. :aah: They are calculating the movement of the cloud in theory. They are now flying just to try if it's really dangerous, but apparently there are no problems at all. :sneaky2::bash:

Actually, I've just heard on the news that they are not even sure that the cloud is moving over Italy. :aah: They are calculating the movement of the cloud in theory. They are now flying just to try if it's really dangerous, but apparently there are no problems at all. :sneaky2::bash:

yes...I've heard that and I'm kinda pissed off now :sneaky2:

They are now flying just to try if it's really dangerous, but apparently there are no problems at all. :sneaky2::bash:

:lmfao::lmao:I'd be quite pissed off if I ended up in a plane crash due to lax security restrictions and profit reasons.

Ha! You two are welcome to get in the air if you can!

Do you really think the airlines would just be happy to lose millions and millions of £ and E if they really thought there were no problems at all?

There is certainly enough risk for them to ground planes and put up test flights and take hours and hours to examine the test planes.

That's good enough for me.

* Makes toast and tea and puts up feet.

Do you really think the airlines would just be happy to lose millions and millions of £ and E if they really thought there were no problems at all?

There is certainly enough risk for them to ground planes and put up test flights and take hours and hours to examine the test planes.

Exactly. I'm sorry to say that but reading that people are 'pissed off' because they can't fly in for a gig because airlines decided in favour of their customers' safety is just about the dumbest thing I read this week.

Moreover I'm pretty sure that everyone (or 99% of the people) who intended to go to Barcelona or Madrid or wherever from abroad to see Mika there, have seen him before. And will see him in the future. I don't really get it. But then, I don't have to, do I?

yeah, i'm with you on that.

*pushes bab over to put her feet up too, but you can keep the tea*

:lmfao::lmao:I'd be quite pissed off if I ended up in a plane crash due to lax security restrictions and profit reasons.

I had to be in Barcelona today....I had to leave yesterday so I still a "bit" upset about the whole situation.....I agree about the risk and I understand that it's safer to not fly. I'm only wondering if they did a good examination here in Italy (our TV news are a bit controversial) before they closed everything.

That's all!

Exactly. I'm sorry to say that but reading that people are 'pissed off' because they can't fly in for a gig because airlines decided in favour of their customers' safety is just about the dumbest thing I read this week.

Moreover I'm pretty sure that everyone (or 99% of the people) who intended to go to Barcelona or Madrid or wherever from abroad to see Mika there, have seen him before. And will see him in the future. I don't really get it. But then, I don't have to, do I?

Amen to that!!!!

Yes, that's the way I'm thinking. I mean I feel a bit sorry for people like Wonka who haven't seen Mika before, but the gig is postponed, not cancelled.

Hark back to Dec 2007 where you had people fly to London from all corners of the earth only to find that the gig was postponed at the last minute. And there were other gigs like that where people were already there when it was cancelled/postponed.

This is something entirely out of Mika's control and out of our control. You just have to either be proactive or accept it. Or be proactive and then accept it if you find you can't do anything, like Jazzy.

Yes, that's the way I'm thinking. I mean I feel a bit sorry for people like Wonka who haven't seen Mika before, but the gig is postponed, not cancelled.

Hark back to Dec 2007 where you had people fly to London from all corners of the earth only to find that the gig was postponed at the last minute. And there were other gigs like that where people were already there when it was cancelled/postponed.

This is something entirely out of Mika's control and out of our control. You just have to either be proactive or accept it. Or be proactive and then accept it if you find you can't do anything, like Jazzy.

And then decide to use your refunded airmiles to go to the states instead. :mf_rosetinted:

What a bummer for those who can't get there. But certainly I wouldn't want to be flying through fine glass particles, sanding off the nice protective coating on the plane.

*pushes bab's and guy's feet over and opens bag of S&V crisps*

What a bummer for those who can't get there. But certainly I wouldn't want to be flying through fine glass particles, sanding off the nice protective coating on the plane.

And you can share my Slightly Wonderful chocolate. :teehee:

I wouldn't like to risk it EVEN if they opened the lines right now o.O

I'm more bummed for those that travelled here and were already in Portugal than anything else. I mean, it was inconvenient for them.

There are worse things than losing a gig over this tough...like those that can't go back home to their families :(

Anyways, anyone that needs help to get to the Lisbon gig in 11th May just ask, I can try to help =)

educate me.... S&V crisps??? crisps are what we call chips right?

ohhhhh S&V is salt and vinegar? :teehee:

is it a good time to open a fine bottle of australian wine?

educate me.... S&V crisps??? crisps are what we call chips right?

ohhhhh S&V is salt and vinegar? :teehee:

is it a good time to open a fine bottle of australian wine?

It is laways a good toime to open a bottle of Australian wine!

Especially a Shiraz!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Archived