Travel plans to Euro gigs.

RAK1

Yeah but Eurostar would get me to Paris and then I could get one of those trains. I've managed to find available trains to get to Milan from Paris, but it will cost me £300 to get to Paris from London so it'll end up being £500 altogether!

I'm checking ferries to France now.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah but Eurostar would get me to Paris and then I could get one of those trains. I've managed to find available trains to get to Milan from Paris, but it will cost me £300 to get to Paris from London so it'll end up being £500 altogether!

gosh...that's expensive :sneaky2:

hope you can find a decent solution!!

I'm going to bed now. Please, don't hesitate to PM me in case of any question. I want to help...if I can =)

gosh...that's expensive :sneaky2:

hope you can find a decent solution!!

I'm going to bed now. Please, don't hesitate to PM me in case of any question. I want to help...if I can =)

Ha! Are you still here? I hope so, or if not, perhaps any of the other Italians may be able to help - I can't collect my trenitalia ticket in Paris, because it can only be collected at stations in Italy - will they stop me from travelling if I don't have it but have all the email details printed off?

EDIT: Doesn't matter now, it wouldn't take my booking. Told me to try again later but there IS no later if I'm leaving on Monday. Psssht.

:shocked: that's alot of money for 1 gig!

i mean, i love mika with all my heart, but i don't think i would be willing to spend that much, when the normal cost was reasonable.

and then there is the worry of getting back too.

:shocked: that's alot of money for 1 gig!

i mean, i love mika with all my heart, but i don't think i would be willing to spend that much, when the normal cost was reasonable.

and then there is the worry of getting back too.

Which is exactly why I'm not paying it. :aah:

There is still a minute chance I'll be able to fly on Tuesday, but if not, I'll get all my money back because it was insured, I'll get my airmiles back and I'll choose a different gig.

Which is exactly why I'm not paying it. :aah:

There is still a minute chance I'll be able to fly on Tuesday, but if not, I'll get all my money back because it was insured, I'll get my airmiles back and I'll choose a different gig.

oh good! the voice of reason :naughty:

it's not just about the money, but also real life also ie exams, school, work...etc...

i think i would worry too much to go :roftl:

but hey, if you can afford the travel and the time off, then go for it.

it's a very personal thing at this point and time huh?

oh good! the voice of reason :naughty:

it's not just about the money, but also real life also ie exams, school, work...etc...

i think i would worry too much to go :roftl:

but hey, if you can afford the travel and the time off, then go for it.

it's a very personal thing at this point and time huh?

Yeah, I don't mind paying 200 euros from France to Italy because it's a fair old way, but to go from London to Paris ISN'T and it was much much more. Also, when I ran away to Paris, I booked the Eurostar on the day I was travelling and it cost £220, NOT £300. They've jacked up the prices because of the volcano, I'm sure of it.

Still, now it's up to the wind and British Airways. If I don't go, I think I might use my airmiles to head over to the states whenever Mika's next over there.

Yeah, I don't mind paying 200 euros from France to Italy because it's a fair old way, but to go from London to Paris ISN'T and it was much much more. Also, when I ran away to Paris, I booked the Eurostar on the day I was travelling and it cost £220, NOT £300. They've jacked up the prices because of the volcano, I'm sure of it.

Still, now it's up to the wind and British Airways. If I don't go, I think I might use my airmiles to head over to the states whenever Mika's next over there.

aren't you in school? the way it's looking at the moment is nothing til the fall (judging by his schedule :dunno:)

If it makes you feel any better, you can tweet the volcano and tell it exactly what you think of it screwing up your travel plans. :dunno:

http://twitter.com/eyjafjalla

And, for good measure...maybe also tweet the bigger, badder volcano next to the troublesome one asking that one not to erupt as well? :roftl:

http://twitter.com/KatlaVolcano

If it makes you feel any better, you can tweet the volcano and tell it exactly what you think of it screwing up your travel plans. :dunno:

And, for good measure...maybe also tweet the bigger, badder volcano next to the troublesome one asking that one not to erupt as well? :roftl:

http://twitter.com/KatlaVolcano

We can tweet them, asking them to reimburse us for having to change our travel plans:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Ha! Are you still here? I hope so, or if not, perhaps any of the other Italians may be able to help - I can't collect my trenitalia ticket in Paris, because it can only be collected at stations in Italy - will they stop me from travelling if I don't have it but have all the email details printed off?

EDIT: Doesn't matter now, it wouldn't take my booking. Told me to try again later but there IS no later if I'm leaving on Monday. Psssht.

Don't know, I'm sorry. Usually there are different option for tickets in Italy...don't know about buying them from outside italy.

Here you can have it via email and print them, you can have it on the train or you can collect them in some offices.

Aren't the choices available also for you?

and its interupting another volcano atm. that might erupt soon....

heard on the news today that they only think it's possible because it was like that the last time, but that so far there's no seismic activity in that second volcano. so no acute danger. :wink2:

although i don't think it'd make a big difference, as long as the first volcano keeps erupting and the wind blows our direction, it doesn't matter if it's the ash of one or two volcanoes that disrupt the air traffic. :rolls_eyes:

For me, and I wish I'd seen it sooner, the coach is a much cheaper option than the plane!

So, I'm going to go that way to Amsterdam.

fab to hear! :biggrin2: so that volcano also has positive sides, if it's the reason why you've looked for alternatives to flying and found that cheaper option. :bleh:

I wonder how Mika will be able to reach every city he plays in if there still won't be any flights:blink:.

he should be ok til the beginning of june, if the distances are bigger, there's one day in between, on which he can go by tour bus if there are no flights. like someone said before, the trucks have to do it as well, and they have to arrive at the venue sooner than him...

he might have problems getting from switzerland to denmark in one day at the beginning of june though if there are no flights, and for his trip to japan he also would have to choose an airport that isn't affected. well, let's hope it won't take that long (or start again then) - but for me personally, i don't think i'll rely on the possibility of getting anywhere by plane for the next few months. :rolls_eyes:

LOL, that made my day!! :lmao:

Eyjafjalla And don't call me mum, @theashcloud.

ROFL!!! :lmao::floor:

aren't you in school? the way it's looking at the moment is nothing til the fall (judging by his schedule :dunno:)

I'm in university...and attending lectures is optional, hahah. I missed 3 weeks when I did the UK tour and I'm still doing well so it doesn't matter too much. And fall would be better anyway, because I don't think my parents would be too happy with me sodding off to the states, but if I'm at uni they won't know. :teehee:

Jazzy: 1) ferry from London to France, 2) train to Paris 3 ) Train paris /Milano ( there are night trains).

Quick!

We are already queing and waiting for you!

Looked at that, the timings just aren't happening for me. And I tried booking a Paris - Milan train and they wouldn't take my booking. I'm looking at getting a coach to Western France then trying to get a train from there.

Don't know, I'm sorry. Usually there are different option for tickets in Italy...don't know about buying them from outside italy.

Here you can have it via email and print them, you can have it on the train or you can collect them in some offices.

Aren't the choices available also for you?

Yeah, all the other delivery options were non-selectable, not even the e-ticket, which is the quickest and easiest option anyway!

tv just said that spain is now closing its airports :dunno:

northern ones i guess, as eurocontrol confirms on twitter.

well....mika does not need an airport to get to madrid and then to milan :original:

in 2007 he came all the way on the fishtank :naughty:

Oh dear.

You know, I live in Southern England and for the past 2/3 days I haven't seen a single cloud in the sky :roftl:

Live in Denmark and cant see anything too but its cos you cant cos its so high... according to the news :blink: But can see it a lil on the ground

jazzy our national rail site is quite obsolete compared to others in europe...still it's working pretty fine for inland trips.

cannot you buy the ticket on the french rail site?

Nope, no trains.

I can get to Geneva by coach, but I can't get a train from there because you have to book 7 days in advance, apparently. I'm considering hiring a car, it's only 200 miles and I can chuck my suitcase in the back and drive straight to the venue. I would arrive Wednesday at 7am which would give me plenty of time to drive...I just have to remember to drive on the right (wrong) side of the road. :naughty:

Archived