Travel plans to Euro gigs.

RAK1

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did look up trains to get to Milan but...it's not likely. *siiiiiiiiigh*

EDIT: There IS the option of coaches...it's gonna take me 24 hours to get to Milan and 25 to get back...from London.

But...I might still be able to fly. I'll see what they say. Might be worth looking at though: http://www.eurolines.com/

Thanks for that Jazzy, just checked for Dammy, and I can do that!

Looks like Dammy is ON!

Thanks for that Jazzy, just checked for Dammy, and I can do that!

Looks like Dammy is ON!

Oh really? *high fives* Excellent!

I think I'm definitely going to Milan. I'll wait and see what the announcement is about Tuesday's flights and then if it's not happening, I'll book my coach THERE, add some nights on at my hotel and then see if I can fly back on Saturday or something. Then if that's STILL not happening, I'll book my return coach.

Oh really? *high fives* Excellent!

I think I'm definitely going to Milan. I'll wait and see what the announcement is about Tuesday's flights and then if it's not happening, I'll book my coach THERE, add some nights on at my hotel and then see if I can fly back on Saturday or something. Then if that's STILL not happening, I'll book my return coach.

I may look like a bit of a hobo though, getting in at 7.30 on the morning of the gig, need somewhere to dump my bag, but it's WAY cheaper than flying, wish I'd thought of it before!

Why don't you just book the coach for the whole journey?

Probably easier in the long run.

I may look like a bit of a hobo though, getting in at 7.30 on the morning of the gig, need somewhere to dump my bag, but it's WAY cheaper than flying, wish I'd thought of it before!

Why don't you just book the coach for the whole journey?

Probably easier in the long run.

Because it takes 24 hours to get there and I rather only do that once, if necessary. :aah:

my suggestion is to follow eurocontrol on twitter, they are the ultimate source of news about flights etc., very accurate and updated.

http://twitter.com/eurocontrol

rose, do you mind adding this link to your first post?

jaz, milan is in a terrible mess today, pls. check carefully, we can keep in touch :thumb_yello:

my suggestion is to follow eurocontrol on twitter, they are the ultimate source of news about flights etc., very accurate and updated.

jaz, milan is in a terrible mess today, pls. check carefully, we can keep in touch :thumb_yello:

I should be all right going by coach though, right? I'm only hoping to fly back next weekend, when it may have sorted out by then, but if not, I can get a coach again. GAH. I don't want to miss this, at all.

I should be all right going by coach though, right? I'm only hoping to fly back next weekend, when it may have sorted out by then, but if not, I can get a coach again. GAH. I don't want to miss this, at all.

i think you should book asap then, cause if you wait for more news about your flight it may be too late to find a seat then.

too many ppl are trying to go back home from everywhere :blink:

i think you should book asap then, cause if you wait for more news about your flight it may be too late to find a seat then.

too many ppl are trying to go back home from everywhere :blink:

Yeah I think I'll have a chat to Danika and see what she wants to do as she's supposed to be coming as well and neither of us want to miss it.

I'd best bring a bloody good book if I'm gonna be on a coach for 24 hours!

Yeah I think I'll have a chat to Danika and see what she wants to do as she's supposed to be coming as well and neither of us want to miss it.

I'd best bring a bloody good book if I'm gonna be on a coach for 24 hours!

and sleep pills (ask mika for hints) :mf_rosetinted:

Done:thumb_yello:

Thank you Robi:wink2:

this volcano created a situation that is beyond madness...and they say it can last for months...are we kidding? there is the tour!!DAMN!

I suggest to everyone that wants to come to MIlan to book trains as soon as possible (on TV news they said all of them are almost full) or try to book coach.

I know that Eurolines travels across Europe with coach.

Have a look here

http://www.eurolines.com/

this volcano created a situation that is beyond madness...and they say it can last for months...are we kidding? there is the tour!!DAMN!

I suggest to everyone that wants to come to MIlan to book trains as soon as possible (on TV news they said all of them are almost full) or try to book pullman.

I know that Eurolines travels across Europe with pullman.

Have a look here

http://www.eurolines.com/

The last time this Volcano erupted was 200 years ago and it lasted 2 years! :roftl:

And to non-Italians, a pullman is a coach :thumb_yello: *showing off tiny amount of Italian Knowledge that I have* LOL :aah:

thank you rose!:thumb_yello:

edit: and sarina!

:wink2:

The last time this Volcano erupted was 200 years ago and it lasted 2 years! :roflt:

And to non-Italians, a pullman is a coach :thumb_yello: *showing off tiny amount of Italian Knowledge that I have* LOL :aah:

2 years....hope that this not the case!

Thanks for the tip Caz....I will edit my post :thumb_yello:

hmm, haven't decided yet on what way to travel to udine, but now it points more towards train or car instead of flight... :fisch:

gotta book prague bus soon then - but all the other travels are already sorted. :biggrin2:

hmm, haven't decided yet on what way to travel to udine, but now it points more towards train or car instead of flight... :fisch:

gotta book prague bus soon then - but all the other travels are already sorted. :biggrin2:

That's the spirit, go you! Nothing can stop you! :thumb_yello:

That's the spirit, go you! Nothing can stop you! :thumb_yello:

well, i try to avoid flying when i don't see any huge advantage in it, as i don't like it very much. so i'm going to paris+amsterdam by train anyway instead of plane. :original: this really comes in handy in this situation. :teehee:

Archived