Definitive Mika Performances:

Ruth

Can't agree more! I wanted to add some of my favs to this thread until I saw Live@Home. Now I can't name a more perfect performance.

Seconded! Live@Home as a whole is pure Mika-perfection!!!

To start us off:

Sweet Dreams

-no contest in my mind –

:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: This performance is simply mind-blowing, wish I would have been there... ;):teehee:

I love these

Over My Shoulder (Somerset House) 17 07 07

By the Time Mika+King's Singers. Little Noise Sessions 18 10 09

I love these. And still others spin in memory, but it is necessary to recollect dates

My kids were singing Satellite in the car today...we unanimously agreed that Mika's version is MUCH better than the original.:teehee: Not a performance video, just a soundtrack.

I've heard sattelite performed live by DMB or Dave himself, dunno :dunno:

I had no idea who he was, and I didn't know the lyrics :aah:

I agree, Mika's version is much better. :teehee:

I love this let it snow version in amsterdam :D

love this intro from love today

and i love this one from happy ending

and love this one very much Missionary Man

Sweet Dreams

-no contest in my mind –

How much WISH I had seen that live, he doesn't do that anymore, I mean that kind of dancing (or Sweet Dreams). And I kind of understand, people would just die in front of stage... :blush-anim-cl:

#2: December 2009 - the Jam Sessions in Paris:

Jam Sessions was fantastic, definitely one of my top 5 gigs ever :wub2: He did brilliant Lady Jane there too. Another HE I love is from Dublin. My favorite Love Today is from Passionskirche.

But his performance for Live@Home must be most beautiful he has ever made. I hope so much we can see another acoustic tour some day.

I used his version of Sweet Dreams in the craziest musical revue anyone's ever seen! (though we were supposed to use Marilyn Manson's version...) :D

It was the audience fav. and after, someone asked me if I really had a British accent (I spoke my lines in one) I guess it was good then.

But I love that performance!!! I think that's my fav. cover that he does!

I wish Mika would sing Sweet Dreams again. He's got a good rock voice. :blush-anim-cl:

"Sweet Dreams are made of this..."

Yes they are, Mika. Yes they are.

just for the voice??:teehee::naughty:

just for the voice??:teehee::naughty:

Oh come on, the voice alone is FIT. That reminds me, there's a live version of him singing it in Hong Kong on the Love Today single...or Big Girl...must drag the CD out again...:teehee:

Another favorite of mine:

To me it's not just about his voice/the music etc etc, it's also about the atmosphere :wub2: even more so. And this one is hard to beat, it was awesome. Probably one of my best Mika experiences :wub2::

this song changed my life.

i was in madrid,and he started to sing and i thought "bah,over my shoulder... i don´t like this song live"....

three seconds after i almost fainted... since then,i can´t call him mika anymore... i need to call him Mr.Penniman...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ExV-ZGleG4

It's crazy live, isn't it? Like it's so good it almost defies the capability of human ears to process it. :blush-anim-cl:

I always liked these two performances of "Grace Kelly":

But the whole Live@Home is just pure perfection IMO :) !

Nice thread!!

Aww, that first one is one of the videos that got me Mikaddicted at the very beginning, when I was just a wee little fangurl. :wub2:

I love the "old" Grace Kelly vids and the Sweet dreams vid :teehee:.

But this Toy Boy one, where he messes up adorably, is my favorite I think, probably because I was there, it's from Dusseldorf (a few weeks ago):

It's crazy live, isn't it? Like it's so good it almost defies the capability of human ears to process it. :blush-anim-cl:

i love how you explained that!!!

my english is rubbish,but what you said is just what i was thinking!!!!!

that performance was 22 days ago and i´m still :shocked::shocked:

My favourite has to be toy boy, Brighton on the third of march. Simply because he heard ne and my friend shoutin and laughed at us!!!! Simple thing, but it makes me soooooo happy :)