Eurovision 2010

suzie

:no:

as predicted... :sad:.. it seemed to be the favourite on MFC though, just like Estonia on Tuesday :emot-sad:

I was soooo sure about our song this year, but.. but.. :tears:

That means it was just too good for Eurovision :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viewers of this show (or at least the ones voting) lack a sense of humour and have a pretty simple taste in music :cool:

:no:

as predicted... :sad:.. it seemed to be the favourite on MFC though, just like Estonia on Tuesday :emot-sad:

It shows that the music we like isn't exactly the masses' taste....And in the case of Lithuania it is also possible that the jurys didn't give them many points...'cause I would have thought that they would have ended in the top10 of the viewers in any case.

looking forwards to getting the numbers on Sunday (which acts the jury ranked on top, and what acts were supported by the audience).

Oh, Israel! :groupwave:

And yay for Cyprus as well. :)

Oh, Lithuania didn't get to the final. Am I surprised or what? Yeah...terribly...can't get over the shock. :mf_rosetinted:

:floor:

Oh well... Still don't have a top favorite... hmm

lol, I think Verka's video was already posted on this thread. just look a few pages back :teehee:

:doh:

of course, I posted it :roftl:

...I simply didn't pay attention to the name - only remembered that it was the Ukrainian entry. :teehee:

I think that one winning would not have sent a good message in terms of the future of the competition.

The starting order for tomorrow:

1. Azerbaijan

2. Spain

3. Norway

4. Moldova

5. Cyprus

6. Bosnia & Herzegovina

7. Belgium

8. Serbia

9. Belarus

10. Ireland

11. Greece

12. The United Kingdom

13. Georgia

14. Turkey

15. Albania

16. Iceland

17. Ukraine

18. France

19. Romania

20. Russia

21. Armenia

22. Germany

23. Portugal

24. Israel

25. Denmark

The starting order for tomorrow:

1. Azerbaijan

2. Spain

3. Norway

4. Moldova

5. Cyprus

6. Bosnia & Herzegovina

7. Belgium

8. Serbia

9. Belarus

10. Ireland

11. Greece

12. The United Kingdom

13. Georgia

14. Turkey

15. Albania

16. Iceland

17. Ukraine

18. France

19. Romania

20. Russia

21. Armenia

22. Germany

23. Portugal

24. Israel

25. Denmark

Denmark last... of course...

and looks like i only have to miss the beginning... i dont wanna see Spain... Sorry but he reminds me of a mix between a Mika wanna-be and Neo wanna-be :blink: Donno how many times ive heard from diffrent peeps about if the guy reminds me of someone :aah:

and looks like i only have to miss the beginning... i dont wanna see Spain... Sorry but he reminds me of a mix between a Mika wanna-be and Neo wanna-be :blink: Donno how many times ive heard from diffrent peeps about if the guy reminds me of someone :aah:

Well, he does remind you of the image people seem to have about Mika.

Denmark last... of course...

Yeah, they draw this number at the press conference after the second semi final :wink2:

Hmmm, I'm not rally sure what to think about the Spanish entry. Don't think it will play an important role tomorrow.

Just think it's weird that telephone lines are open from the very beginning. I'd prefer it (and I think it would be more fair ?) for lines to open after everyone is done singing.

Anyway...I think it will be an interesting final. It's kinda hard to bet on ONE winner this year. We'll see...

Yeah, they draw this number at the press conference after the second semi final :wink2:

Hmmm, I'm not rally sure what to think about the Spanish entry. Don't think it will play an important role tomorrow.

Just think it's weird that telephone lines are open from the very beginning. I'd prefer it (and I think it would be more fair ?) for lines to open after everyone is done singing.

Anyway...I think it will be an interesting final. It's kinda hard to bet on ONE winner this year. We'll see...

I prefer the way they did before too with the telephone lines... the first once has a bigger chance to win then maybe cos theres prob. some peeps that cant wait till all of em has plaied

I prefer the way they did before too with the telephone lines... the first once has a bigger chance to win then maybe cos theres prob. some peeps that cant wait till all of em has plaied

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too..

I think a lot of people thought at the semi finals: 'Oh I liked that song too, but I've voted already so..'

But in the final most people know the songs already, so I hope they vote wisely :bleh:

I must say, Tom Dice's song is growing on me.

And whe nhe stood there...all alone in front of that audience.

You've got to respect that.

I agree! :biggrin2:

I think he's a really good singer! I loved his song :wub2: Hopefully he'll win!

Just think it's weird that telephone lines are open from the very beginning. I'd prefer it (and I think it would be more fair ?) for lines to open after everyone is done singing...

That sounds rather unfair:blink:

It means that the ones in the middle or towards the end but not the very end have a better chance...

But in the final most people know the songs already, so I hope they vote wisely :bleh:

If people have a favourite already (which I am sure most people do), it means that the songs by the founding nations (UK FR DE ES )+ hosting nation have no real chance as the average viewer hasn't heard their songs yet ...

Those countries should really give up their right to qualify without taking part in semi-finals as they have a smlaller chance to win this way.

..but let's see what happens to Lena tomorrow...

Yes, I agree...

At the moment I'd tip Serbia, Iceland and Denmark in the top3.

If people have a favourite already (which I am sure most people do), it means that the songs by the founding nations (UK FR DE ES )+ hosting nation have no real chance as the average viewer hasn't heard their songs yet ...

Those countries should really give up their right to qualify without taking part in semi-finals as they have a smlaller chance to win this way.

I agree.

I must say, Tom Dice's song is growing on me.

And whe nhe stood there...all alone in front of that audience.

You've got to respect that.

I agree. Love his song. I think it will be doing quite well! :wink2:

That sounds rather unfair:blink:

It means that the ones in the middle or towards the end but not the very end have a better chance...

I don't know why they decided to introduce this new voting system...probably for financial reasons (I mean, that's how it works for all those casting shows)

We'll see if it really has an influence on tomorrow's final result (if the countries who perform, let's say in the first half, will mostly end up on top).

I'm also very sure that this year of the national jury's vote will differ a lot from the televote. I mean, last year Norway and Iceland were almost everywhere the two leading nations - and it was almost impossible for Alexander Rybak not to win the competition.

I think that most jurys wil probably give their vote rather to a ballad than for example to the Turkish rock song.

But, whatsoever, I LOVE the point-giving part of the ESC. It's always the most exciting part of the evening.

..but let's see what happens to Lena tomorrow...

that's true. although the songs have been played/shown at the two semi finals (although only a short clip).

I generally agree with you. it would be fairer (for all of the contestants) if everybody had to take part in the semi finals. but on the other hand I also understand that the four countries who pay for the whole thing would not like to continue paying if they wouldn't make it to the final. Basically it's all about money. I don't know if the ESC could go on like that if they would change the system (I don't know if other countries would be willing to pay more).

I think the fact that the big 4 is always directly in the final was also the reason why for many years they have sent some - ahm - not-so-good songs/bands to the contest - no interest at all to shine.

I don't know, maybe there will be a different way to organise the contest in the future. would be great! :thumb_yello:

Last but not least a few words about Lena...If you all were in Germany right now you would see how happy and proud everyone is that Lena's the one to represent us tomorrow. There has never been such a hype around a German contestant in so many years and it would be really amazing if she made it in the top10. That's the goal - and I think it might be achieved, probably even a bit better.

Loved this bit of the press conference today. You probably know that she is always questioned because of her special accent when talking/singing English. So today she and Stefan Raab answered the 1000th question on her accent by playing this song putting on a very very exaggerated German accent :roftl:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1wBI9ix1c

Looking forwards to tomorrow night! Will cross my fingers for Germany (:wink2:), Belgium, Cyprus, France and Turkey.

I posted it before, then I lost connection and I eventually posted it twice, so I had to delete the first post :naughty:

yes, I want to clarify I put in the laughing smiley that the openly lesbian woman with an intellectual look was remembered as a young hot girl.. :teehee:

and I did like the song.:thumb_yello:

Sorry but I have to pose a simple question: how do you know so accurate that Maria Šerifović is an openly lesbian woman ...etc...:boxed: regardless the speculation about that topic in Serbia as well.:aah:

I mean she isn't the symbol of the feminine:naughty:but she actually has a boyfriend (he was with her a couple of weeks ago at her gig in Belgrade) and she always says to the press in a Mika way: I'm what I am, and I'm not bothered with anyone's opinion.

She's the great singer and the her ballad was also among the best ones on the Eurosong.:biggrin2:

Sorry but I have to pose a simply question: how do you know so accurate that Maria Šerifović is an openly lesbian woman ...etc...:boxed:

The tv commentator said it during the competition - though not sure if it was the year she won or when she she performed the year after ...

Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it in my argument when saying that she was definitely a young hot lady (it was suggested in a post earlier that only young hot guys and girls can win Eurovision...) ...

I hope I did not offend anyone's feelings. My impression of her is that she is a really cool woman though my knowledge is very limited on this and I have not heard of her after the ESC in Serbia in 2008 . It is really irrelevant who she is going out with, I am sorry for bringing this up..

Last but not least a few words about Lena...If you all were in Germany right now you would see how happy and proud everyone is that Lena's the one to represent us tomorrow. There has never been such a hype around a German contestant in so many years and it would be really amazing if she made it in the top10. That's the goal - and I think it might be achieved, probably even a bit better.

yes, I noticed she is all over the internet, she gets a lot of support from her home country, which is great:thumb_yello: I wonder whether it is because you all genuinely feel that Germany finally has a song with a good chance to win or something changed in the selection process locally that makes you confident that she has a good chance.... I am not sure if you understand what I mean...

But whatever the case, I think it is clear that it is a great song, I am simply not sure if it is the right platform for it.

Let me join Lena's online promo by posting the performance with special guest Alexander Rybak (from your tweet yesterday) :teehee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cip_DpA62uQ

Archived