Well, as he normally does it after the band intro, we could blow them up while he's doing that.

Don't wanna be a spoiler, but to me it seems kinda rude when everyone is busy with blowing up balloons during the only part of the show, where the band is introduced to the audience... :dunno:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't wanna be a spoiler, but to me it seems kinda rude when everyone is busy with blowing up balloons during the only part of the show, where the band is introduced to the audience... :dunno:

Fine, we won't do it then, I just thought it would be special, but since no one else seems to like it, lets forget it.

Fine, we won't do it then, I just thought it would be special, but since no one else seems to like it, lets forget it.

Don't get me wrong, i think the balloons would be special at HE too, but i agree with David that it's kinda difficult...

So I'm up for the balloons to welcome Mika when he gets on stage for the very first song and i'd love the heart shaped confetti for HE. Just my opinion, but i bow to the majority :thumb_yello:

:blink:Wow this thread is now 'nipping my heid':naughty: ok just checked out self inflating balloons but all are all too expensive. (1.99 each) i think we have to decide what is happening and when as we seem to be going round in circles with this! the time is going to fly by and then it will be a rush job! We can maybe do a poll type thing where every one just writes what they prefer and then go with the majority. Just a suggestion:thumb_yello:

Has anyone done a balloon launch on that scale before?

<goes back to watching items on fleabay its much safer> :teehee: lets go back to basic 10 lighters for a pound in the poundshop .... bloody rules and regulations ... we`re all smokers mr security-man .... tit !

Don't get me wrong, i think the balloons would be special at HE too, but i agree with David that it's kinda difficult...

So I'm up for the balloons to welcome Mika when he gets on stage for the very first song and i'd love the heart shaped confetti for HE. Just my opinion, but i bow to the majority :thumb_yello:

I don't see how it would be difficult, and didn't the venue say something about no confetti?:blink:

I'm thinking that from Mikas vantage point on the stage, how amazing it would be to see a sea of heart balloons swaying from side to side, while he's singing HE.

It's just something different from the balloon throwing that happens at 95% of every other gig he does, something new.

<goes back to watching items on fleabay its much safer> :teehee: lets go back to basic 10 lighters for a pound in the poundshop .... bloody rules and regulations ... we`re all smokers mr security-man .... tit !

Are we?:naughty:

I don't see how it would be difficult, and didn't the venue say something about no confetti?:blink:

I'm thinking that from Mikas vantage point on the stage, how amazing it would be to see a sea of heart balloons swaying from side to side, while he's singing HE.

It's just something different from the balloon throwing that happens at 95% of every other gig he does, something new.

I'm sure it would look amazing from the stage... Rose, I really don't wanna destroy that idea, so if the majority wants it that way, count me in! :thumb_yello:

About the confetti: I thought only confetti cannons would be not allowed, but now we consider just "normal" confetti, don't we?

I'm sure it would look amazing from the stage... Rose, I really don't wanna destroy that idea, so if the majority wants it that way, count me in! :thumb_yello:

About the confetti: I thought only confetti cannons would be not allowed, but now we consider just "normal" confetti, don't we?

Yeah it was confetti canons that were not allowed, no mention of normal stuff. :thumb_yello:

Yeah it was confetti canons that were not allowed, no mention of normal stuff. :thumb_yello:

Do you mean the party popper type things, when you say confetti cannons?

Im the same , I hate to jump on someones idea .. never my intention

I will sit back and see how it rolls out:biggrin2:

Couldn't get on last night and I come back to 25 pages to read :shocked:

girasole.jpg

Just had to re post that...............I LOVE it :wub2:

Ok................my opinion is this...for what it is worth............I TOTALLY agree that 1500 swaying balloons during HE would be AMAZING and I think that Mika would absolutly love it................but................I can't see it happening. Partly because I think that we are probably forgetting that 95% of the audience won't actually know what is going to happen when in the same way as we do...or more or less. If they are given a balloon and a piece of paper as they go in they will probably put it in their pocket and forget about it. They won't know when the band intro is going to happen or even when HE is going to happen. From my experience, from the occassions that I have been at the back.............a lot of people talk all the way through the gig anyway and aren't really paying that much attention :shocked: If we had 1500 of US it would be different but we don't. I think that the only way to even hope that they would do it all together would be to do it at the begining.....when they could be 'ready blown' but I agree that it wouldn't have the same impact. I don't want to be a wet blanket....that's Silver's job and I would hate to take it from her :naughty: but I would hate for everyone to get really excited about something and then for it to be a total flop.

BTW...................I love the fact that we talked about not planning in here then do it anyway :naughty: That is SO MFC :biggrin2:

But, in conclusion................I am happy to go with whatever is decided and will pay my contribution as required :thumb_yello:

If we did have all of those balloons, where would they go for the rest of the gig? We would have to hold them, and that would get annoying

They would no doubt get popped :shocked:

Couldn't get on last night and I come back to 25 pages to read :shocked:

Just had to re post that...............I LOVE it :wub2:

Ok................my opinion is this...for what it is worth............I TOTALLY agree that 1500 swaying balloons during HE would be AMAZING and I think that Mika would absolutly love it................but................I can't see it happening. Partly because I think that we are probably forgetting that 95% of the audience won't actually know what is going to happen when in the same way as we do...or more or less. If they are given a balloon and a piece of paper as they go in they will probably put it in their pocket and forget about it. They won't know when the band intro is going to happen or even when HE is going to happen. From my experience, from the occassions that I have been at the back.............a lot of people talk all the way through the gig anyway and aren't really paying that much attention :shocked: If we had 1500 of US it would be different but we don't. I think that the only way to even hope that they would do it all together would be to do it at the begining.....when they could be 'ready blown' but I agree that it wouldn't have the same impact. I don't want to be a wet blanket....that's Silver's job and I would hate to take it from her :naughty: but I would hate for everyone to get really excited about something and then for it to be a total flop.

BTW...................I love the fact that we talked about not planning in here then do it anyway :naughty: That is SO MFC :biggrin2:

But, in conclusion................I am happy to go with whatever is decided and will pay my contribution as required :thumb_yello:

What about the hearts they had used at Portugal, pretty much most of the audience had them, and the effect was amazing!

I still think we can do this, if things like this work in Korea Japan and Portugal, why not here?

If we did have all of those balloons, where would they go for the rest of the gig? We would have to hold them, and that would get annoying

They would no doubt get popped :shocked:

:naughty: Not to mention that I already always have too much crap with me at gigs (mobile, camera, spare battery,etc) and adding ANOTHER thing to hold onto is really not something that I'd be looking forward to.

I'd do it at the start but that's it, not later on ,too much hassle :boxed:. I think that the idea is beautiful, and it would look fantastic, but I agree with Kath that it just isn't realistic to expect people to do it.

We would be the only ones, or at max, the first 3-4 rows.......

What about the hearts they had used at Portugal, pretty much most of the audience had them, and the effect was amazing!

I still think we can do this, if things like this work in Korea Japan and Portugal, why not here?

o

People are different :dunno:

I haven't been to gigs in Korea or Portugal, but I can tell you something: the audiences in Japan were MENTAL. Completely mental. Like I have never seen before.

People were like a sea of crazed bodies, and they would have been ready for anything. I have never seen anything like that before, and I am thinking that it won't happen in Edinburgh. I may be wrong, but I think thta you just can't compare these differet personalities.

Also, remember that in Portugal (and I think Korea too) this was all staged and organised (and paid for) by the promoters. It's a very different kettle of fish to do it independently.

Anyway, obviously it's your choice what you do, and I hope that it works out for you, but I'm just giving my two (realistic,I think) cents on it for what it's worth.

Well as it seem EVERYBODY is against the ideas, I won't bother with it!

It seem everytime I seem to say anything lately, it get crapped on so I won't bother in future!:aah:

Well as it seem EVERYBODY is against the ideas, I won't bother with it!

It seem everytime I seem to say anything lately, it get crapped on so I won't bother in future!:aah:

:( no Rose, please dont feel like that. I think people genuinely like the idea but are now just thinking through the practicalities

xx

:( no Rose, please dont feel like that. I think people genuinely like the idea but are now just thinking through the practicalities

xx

Things that can be overcome if people really wanted to.

It's so simple, it can be done, it's not rocket science!

Things that can be overcome if people really wanted to.

It's so simple, it can be done, it's not rocket science!

as far as i can see, though, people are just giving their thoughts/opinions, no-one is saying its a definite no? anyway just dont like seeing anyone sad x

Just a thought I had about bubbles? They would be portable, cheap to buy, you could hand them out with a small note attached about when to use them, theres no mess and nothing to blow up.

I've seen some amazing ones which you can touch, maybe not for everyone as they are more expensive but maybe for any MFC'ers who want to buy them and basic cheapy ones for the rest of the crowd.

Touchable bubble wand

Smaller touchable bubbles

Normal bubbles

It's just another idea to think about, I love the balloon idea but agree that it would be harder to blow them up during the gig and to have them ready at the beginning would be easier.

Archived