My only issue is thus .......

The whole crowd blowing up balloons for Happy Ending would look false ... and kinda spoil the whole thing...so maybe they can be pre blew up .. then would the crowd actually hold onto them and not throw around (drunk scottish crowds dont obey ...:naughty:)

I think the first song would be better ... they can be blew up before he comes on then boom up they go ... although its no Happy Ending

Just throwing it out there

I agree actually ... it'll lose some of it's effect if we're all standing there huffing and puffing ... it needs to be instantanous ... if you get what I mean ... first song would be good ... though it would be nice to do something else later on as well ... maybe the cup glitter thing would be a good idea too ... that's small and compact :biggrin2:

Agree with you both. It would spoil the surprise if the crowd was trying to blow up the balloons during a song. So it's best to have them ready before the first song. The cup glitter thing sounds great. Maybe we could do that for Happy Ending.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thinking about cost and the fact i cant find white heart balloon you can blow up by mouth you could just go for plain white balloons & yeah the glitter filled cups could be good :thumb_yello: for happy ending how about small torches but not for the whole crowd unless someone here is mega rich :mf_rosetinted:

Cool! a lot cheaper too and I guess a high % will at least go for it and blow one up, loads of white balloons would look just as amazing for relax (or rain/whatever he comes onto).

So that for relax and something for happy ending , maybe just the fanclub on a lower scale:thumb_yello:

Perfecto highlander

Agree with you both. It would spoil the surprise if the crowd was trying to blow up the balloons during a song. So it's best to have them ready before the first song. The cup glitter thing sounds great. Maybe we could do that for Happy Ending.

Agree too!

Would love this heart shaped confetti for Happy Ending, but couldn't find out at first glance how much you get for the price £1.25

http://www.bestballoons.co.uk/acatalog/Heart_shaped_Confetti.html

helllooooooo from Edinburgh ....:wink2:

I'm gonna get on tonite to start the sunday night meet up thread, promise!

I've just read back a wee bit and wonder if balloons are gonna be tricky?

I think it's a great idea and would be effective but the blowing may be a problem ...it could also be very funny tho!!:teehee:

What about if it's for HE the white gloves for little bit of love ....little bit of love .. ?I think maybe it's been done somewhere already but on a v small scale? We can easily all put gloves on subtly ......

Or for Rain maybe something??

I think flowers were more an Eden thing .... ?

just some thoughts ...better get back to work ..... sign in later :biggrin2:

My only issue is thus .......

The whole crowd blowing up balloons for Happy Ending would look false ... and kinda spoil the whole thing...so maybe they can be pre blew up .. then would the crowd actually hold onto them and not throw around (drunk scottish crowds dont obey ...:naughty:)

I think the first song would be better ... they can be blew up before he comes on then boom up they go ... although its no Happy Ending

Just throwing it out there

We don't throw the balloons, we wave them in the air, as we sway from side to side as hes singing.

But if you'd rather not do it, forget it.

We don't throw the balloons, we wave them in the air, as we sway from side to side as hes singing.

Yeah, thats what I thought we'd be doing. I don't think it will have the same effect at the beginning as it would for happy ending. It only takes a few seconds to blow up a balloon!

nah chucking them as near as possible to the stage is better or keepie upies !

Yeah, thats what I thought we'd be doing. I don't think it will have the same effect at the beginning as it would for happy ending. It only takes a few seconds to blow up a balloon!

Exactly!

And since he sings it after the band introduction, that's a good chance to blow them up, while he's doing that.

aye i know i dont see the problem .... mika only sees into the first couple of rows properly so someone could give a signal for us all to bow down or turn our backs for a few secs then do whatevers to be done with the balloons

nah chucking them as near as possible to the stage is better or keepie upies !

But it's gonna be a great effect with 100's of balloons swaying from side to side, when he's singing "little bit of love". Seeing that from the stage would be awesome!

But it's gonna be a great effect with 100's of balloons swaying from side to side, when he's singing "little bit of love". Seeing that from the stage would be awesome!

hmmmmm maybe if they were illuminous or is it luminous

aye i know i dont see the problem .... mika only sees into the first couple of rows properly so someone could give a signal for us all to bow down or turn our backs for a few secs then do whatevers to be done with the balloons

That's why we're giving people instructions in the queue and going in, if we tell them to blow them up during the band introduction, ready for the song.

These things worked in Korea and Japan, I don't see why we can't make it work here too!

That's why we're giving people instructions in the queue and going in, if we tell them to blow them up during the band introduction, ready for the song.

These things worked in Korea and Japan, I don't see why we can't make it work here too!

We can of course make it work, we're MFCers:thumb_yello:

There is always going to be some who might spoil things a little, like blowing them up in the queue or as soon as they get but I think most people will be for it.

so are the heart one plus you cant blow them up by mouth

The heart shaped one's (latex) you can blow up by mouth, and you get more in a pack, for less money than we'd pay, for the amount we'd pay, for the illuminous ones, which have less in a pack for more money.

so are the heart one plus you cant blow them up by mouth

I like the light up ones and we could just get maybe 40/ 50 of these for us lot at the front and then ordinary white ones for everybody else keeps the expense down a wee bit. I would be happy to buy some of the light up ones and so would shoni. :biggrin2:

I agree actually ... it'll lose some of it's effect if we're all standing there huffing and puffing ... it needs to be instantanous ... if you get what I mean ... first song would be good ... though it would be nice to do something else later on as well ... maybe the cup glitter thing would be a good idea too ... that's small and compact :biggrin2:

I was thinking just that :lmfao: Some of these balloons are biatches to blow up, one can stand there blowing til they go red in the face and the thing won't even start stretching :naughty:.

Yeh .. maybe thats the way to do it .. I dont think we can go too many songs in and it will work .. , first song Relax and boom off they go , not even sure they need to be heart shaped.

I DO like the happy ending thing .. but logistically .. might be an issue.

I dont see why we cant do a couple of things

Yeah, I agree. Also, Happy Ending is such a quiet, beautiful song, that maybe if there is a lot of activity around it, it will lose its soul a bit. Perhaps these things are best planned for a faster song.

Just my two cents, really :naughty:.

Archived