The Sun: "Mika's our new hope for Europe"

Droopsy

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one who likes the idea?

I love EUROVISION! Planning to attend next year's final anyway (here in Gernany - note: May 14th 2011! :wink2:).

Mika's a great songwriter. Whoever performs his song woule be doing a lot better than the UK did the last couple of years. :thumb_yello:

Sorry, I don't agree on that. Whenever the UK sent a good song it DID rank well - when they didn't, well, you didn't.

The thing is - the UK hasn't taken this competition seriously in a long time (except in 2009) - the not-so-good places were well deserved!

Remember 2009 and Jade taking number 5 with a great ballad?! There the effort paid off - and so it will be if Mika writes the song - and they pick a good performer to sing it.

It has been exactly the same not-caring attitude in Germany for quite some time. Luckily this has changed now.

I think - if I remeber well - in 2008 it was more about Mika competing himself for Lebanon since at that time the Lebanon was thinking about joining the European broadcast union.

--> All, in all, I like the idea. 'Cause I very often had pity for the English entry. Wouldn't be the case in 2011 then. And that's what counts IMHO.

I think it's a great idea, too. I was thinking about it myself before. Mika would have great chances. He can write very catchy songs, is a great performer and has fans in many european countries. So he would have a good chance to reach a good place.

I don't think that he would get zero points because "nobody likes UK". As mariposa said, with a good song in 2009 UK got an good place. Also the ESC of this year is the best disproof: Germany was most of the last ten years a place 20+. And everybody in Germany said "Nobody likes us, that's why nobody gives us any points". But this year we had Lena with "Satellite" - a good performer, a good song, good promotion and a country that was (mostly) fully behind the entry. And we won.

Overall I see a change in Eurovision. This years competition was full of high quality pop songs. A few participations were silly, yes, but is was a small minority and most of them were eliminated in the semi-final. It isn't the campy fun event anymore. And with the juries now and realization that Eurovsion is a great promotion platform, the quality level will go more higher I think.

This were Place 1,

and Place 3 this year. And one of my favourites, Place 6

And: You can't say "Eurovision has no quality" but you are against it if an artist with quality will taking part.

And it would be a great promotion for him. Again look at Lena. She was Number one in many countries after the ESC.

No, Mika, no!

Those Europeans don't like us they won't vote whatever the song.

Don't put yourself (and us) through that torture!

i´m with you... eurovision is like a circus and i wouldn´t like mika mixing with that... it´s more politics than music

But seriously, eurovision? All the countries vote for each other! It's only 1/4 about the music, the rest is politics!

DON'T DO IT BABY!

:roftl::mf_rosetinted:

You know this is kinda bittersweet ......

If we does it and we win ... then it looks great :thumb_yello:

If he does it and we come last (as we usually do) .. then I think it looks bad

This whole things has just become one political cheese fest ...

For me I dont think he should do it

Really ... I must agree with spanky .... we come last as Europe does'nt like the UK .. its political , that's why Terry Wogan stepped down.

cant hide the plain truth, and it IS political 1st and foremost.

BUT...........

i agree with ingievV. look at what spain did two years ago...

when spain wins the world cup,i´m spanish.

but if you are talking about this... i´m not spanish at all:mf_rosetinted:

this is the best/worst/funniest/saddest thing I have seen in years, I'm suprised Cazgirl aint been in there to slag off the dancers tecnique yet lol.

(I enjoyed it so much I posted teh link to my daughter on FB yeeey lol).

PS. are you SURE the one is red is female? I aint.

PPS. Mika if you DO do this, then MFC will support you all the way but I dunno if that will be enough to win it or even get you through the first rounds.

this is the best/worst/funniest/saddest thing I have seen in years, I'm suprised Cazgirl aint been in there to slag off the dancers tecnique yet lol.

PPS. Mika if you DO do this, then MFC will support you all the way but I dunno if that will be enough to win it or even get you through the first rounds.

Oh I haven't watched it, and if they're really that bad then I don't intend on watching it either LOL. The Blame It On The Girl's video is painful enough :roftl:

Oh I haven't watched it, and if they're really that bad then I don't intend on watching it either LOL. The Blame It On The Girl's video is painful enough :roftl:

oh you MUST just to say that you have, it makes BIOTG dancers look amazing..yes really!

*cough*Gaveitallaway*cough*:naughty:

Ironically, GIAA is the only Mika song that has charted since WAG, and it got Mika some great publicity. I think that the way Mika has been treated on UK radio recently has been abominable. If someone else, let's say Robbie Williams, had written the Kick-Ass theme, it would have been all over radio one and other stations. But only Radio 2 played the song consistantly and had it on their playlist. Since Kick-Ass was a blockbuster film which got to number one in the movie charts, not playing the theme song was a disgraceful thing, and it was only because it was Mika that it didn't get played imo. So Mika in Eurovision as writer/singer/both would give the radio people the kick up the ass they deserve

Anyway, as someone has said, Mika can write all kinds of songs. He could come up with something really beautiful and present Eurovision with something really different! If ppl want Eurovision to get back to it's roots, I think Mika is the one to do it, if he wants to take on the challenge.

And Celine Dion is a former contender and winner as well, so Eurovision does have an illustrious past, even if the present isn't so good.

you are not being serious :boxed:

this is awful.... this is the worst thing i´ve ever seen in my country... HAVE YOU REALLY POSTED ON FB??? :shocked:

omg......

this is what eurovision deserves... a contest where the politics are more important than songs is not the promotion that mika deserves imo....

mika has enough detractors (and i still don´t know why)... he doesn´t need to get more enemies being in eurovision.... btw... how is the contest going in uk?? here in spain no one who has ever released an album can play eurovision... so if mika was spaniard he couldn´t be the singer for our country.

OH MY GOD MIKA,LISTEN TO WONKA MAN AND DON´T DARE TO DO IT.

this is awful.... this is the worst thing i´ve ever seen in my country... HAVE YOU REALLY POSTED ON FB??? :shocked:

omg......

this is what eurovision deserves... a contest where the politics are more important than songs is not the promotion that mika deserves imo....

mika has enough detractors (and i still don´t know why)... he doesn´t need to get more enemies being in eurovision.... btw... how is the contest going in uk?? here in spain no one who has ever released an album can play eurovision... so if mika was spaniard he couldn´t be the singer for our country.

In the past, we had entrants that were popular singers at the time, like Lulu, Cliff Richard, even Olivia Newton John entered one year for us. But then these were times, when the songs were voted for on their own merits, not the whole political thing it's turned into now. The last time we won it, was with Katrina and the Waves, who were already an established group, and ahd had a hit record, with walking On Sunshine.

Maybe it is time to get an established artist to enter for us again, especially if they are popular all round Europe.

It's hard to gauge!

omg......

Don't, Mika don't!!!!

As soon as I seen this news in my Google Alerts I was afraid that he's going to sing in Eurovision. It was like :shocked::aah::blink::boxed:

maybe he should let us hear the song first and then we vote if he should enter or not..:teehee:

but if he's a wise man, he won't.. :shun: (sing on the eurovision, I mean..:naughty:)

maybe he should let us hear the song first and then we vote if he should enter or not..:teehee:

but if he's a wise man, he won't.. :shun: (sing on the eurovision, I mean..:naughty:)

it´s not a good idea... (letting us hearing the song and voting...) because we can´t be objective... i think we would :fangurl: over any song he writes...:aah:

it´s not a good idea... (letting us hearing the song and voting...) because we can´t be objective... i think we would :fangurl: over any song he writes...:aah:

hey, we can hear it, fangurl about it and still say no, can't we?? :fisch::roftl:

omg......

In the past, we had entrants that were popular singers at the time, like Lulu, Cliff Richard, even Olivia Newton John entered one year for us. But then these were times, when the songs were voted for on their own merits, not the whole political thing it's turned into now. The last time we won it, was with Katrina and the Waves, who were already an established group, and ahd had a hit record, with walking On Sunshine.

Maybe it is time to get an established artist to enter for us again, especially if they are popular all round Europe.

It's hard to gauge!

so in uk it works in a different way than here in spain... here in our country (as you can see in 2008 contest with that "rodolfo chikilicuatre" singer) eurovision seems to be a joke... even i really think ALL SPANISH WATCH THE CONTEST... but most of us it´s just to have laugh... what does the winner wins?? i mean... i don´t know in uk,but here what they win it´s the possibility to record an album... i don´t think mika needs it... it would be good mika to say something about this...

me........ no:mf_rosetinted:

i just love everything mika-related,sorry.....:mf_rosetinted:

come on..:blink: that's just a chance to hear a new mikasong AND to save tha mastah..:mf_rosetinted:

what more do you want?? :sneaky2:

It's hard to gauge!

so in uk it works in a different way than here in spain... here in our country (as you can see in 2008 contest with that "rodolfo chikilicuatre" singer) eurovision seems to be a joke... even i really think ALL SPANISH WATCH THE CONTEST... but most of us it´s just to have laugh... what does the winner wins?? i mean... i don´t know in uk,but here what they win it´s the possibility to record an album... i don´t think mika needs it... it would be good mika to say something about this...

Here, it's just the chance to go on to sing on the contest.

come on..:blink: that's just a chance to hear a new mikasong AND to save tha mastah..:mf_rosetinted:

what more do you want?? :sneaky2:

i don´t understand...:blink:

what more do i want?? sorry english is not my first language and if there´s any meaning hidden i don´t understand.......

i don´t understand...:blink:

what more do i want?? sorry english is not my first language and if there´s any meaning hidden i don´t understand.......

that was my question to you, what more do you want besides hearing a new song and saving Mika..:naughty:

oh well, nevermind..:teehee:

Archived