The Sun: "Mika's our new hope for Europe"

Droopsy

We need a better name though!!:roftl:

The secret MFC eurovision get-mika-to-the-top-spot-if-he-writes-a-song-for-eurovision-which-we-can't-be-sure-of-because-"The Sun"-said-it society? :mf_rosetinted:

cant it be a lil longer,please??

here in the mfc we will call it

TSMFCEGMTTTSIHWASFEWWCBSOBTSSIS :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cant it be a lil longer,please??

here in the mfc we will call it

TSMFCEGMTTTSIHWASFEWWCBSOBTSSIS :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Nice and inconspicuous, no one will ever guess it was us. Or even notice :teehee:

OMG:shocked:!! I hope he says no and I actually can't imagine him say yes!!!

Eurovision IMHO is a politicised, meaningless, daft, computer-made, blonde-and-silicone competition! Not Mika, no, no, no!!!

Its of course all credit to him to represent his country. But as it has been proved a few months ago, Eurovision is rigged... =/ So its maybe not a good idea to take part of it but im sure Mika will make the right decision ^^

i'd LOVE to see mika at eurovision ! :wub2: i think he could really do that ! He has so many fans in Europe :wink2: just think of the last tour.. :aah:

Ohh no please ... hes on a high , imagine if we wrote something which came last .. Mika flops in Eurovision .. yuck

They say no publicity is bad .. even so

Yesterday in our daily news Blic was published that Mika would probably represent UK at the next Eurosong according to the Sun source.

As they were amazed with his gig at the Exit they predicted that UK would maybe win the competition with him.:wink2:

Miks you're too good for Eurovision :aah:

Oh yeah, and songs that are too good don't get deserved attention just as the bad ones. :thumbdown:

Anyway, I don't think Mika would ever agree on such a shallow and risky project. At least I don't want to see him wasting his talent to satisfy Eurovision audience.

At the end of the day, it's HIS choice. I get the impression that the UK are DESPERATE to succeed at the ESC. I think Mika will weigh up the pros and cons and whatever decision he makes, it will be his alone. If he does represent UK, it will be up to us to all get together and (whatever our views have been) set them aside and support him.

I think that what has got The Powers That Be thinking about this, is Mika's successful and triumphant European tour. They see how much Europe love him and realise that he could win the contest for us. But it's a risk and I'm sure he knows that it is and will take that into account. But at least, for a change, all the UK would be on his side and if he wins, he'd be a national treasure and a hero.

But Mika will decide what to do, and if he doesn't want to do it, then he won't do it.

yeeeessss he should so totally do this!

i've been saying for months that Mika would be an excellent entry for the UK concerning all things Eurovision. forget writing the song he should bloody well perform it as well!!!!

most other countries that enter use singers that are already famous and popular in their own countries as well as others around Europe.

why shouldn't Mika do that for the UK?

he has a massive fan base in Europe and even if he ended up not getting loads of votes he'd still get a great reception and all of us MFCers would luuuuurve every second of it no doubt!

either way i agree that he could probably do a pretty good job penning a song for the UK entry. i'd just like to see him as the entrant :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Oh yeah' date=' and songs that are too good don't get deserved attention just as the bad ones. :thumbdown:

Anyway, I don't think Mika would ever agree on such a shallow and risky project. At least I don't want to see him wasting his talent to satisfy Eurovision audience.[/quote']

You couldn't have said it better! Yes, Eurovision used to be SOMETHING but sorry, since about 15 years it's all about politics, photoshop and computer-generated 'music'. No, No, No!!! Mika, don't even think about it for a second!

• 2 weeks later...

Bad Reasons for accepting:

*somebody else will be singing Mika's song - and you guys here understand why that is not such a great idea.

*very few people vote 'cause they like the song. It's all political.

*many mfc-ers will faint or almost during the Eurovision.

Good Reasons for accepting:

*I will have a reason to vote for the first time @ Eurovision

*uh.. no, there are no more

My Opinion.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!

I so hope Mika declines! I have no doubt he could write a great song, the man could write songs in his sleep, but the fact is that they'd probably get some not-very-good singer to ruin it, and even if they didn't, as already said the voting is so political we'd lose, so it'd be a major disappointment.

Also, the Eurovision Song Contest is a bit of a joke isn't it? Just sooo uncool and cheesy. Surely Mika wouldn't want to be associated with that even if his song/UK DID win!! It's an honour for him to be asked (if he has been!) as it's always an honour to be asked to do anything because it's a vote of confidence in your skill and ability, but that doesn't mean it's the right project! So, that's why I think Mika should SAY NO!!!

(Having said that, obviously if Mika did agree to do it, I'd support his song and our entry! :wink2:)

Archived