The Sun: "Mika's our new hope for Europe"

Droopsy

pls. ingie :aah: don't give ppl strange ideas..they can think you are serious! :boxed:

but i hope he reads here :teehee:

I think after 3 years people should have learned to not take me seriously most of the time:roftl:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather he didn't participate because Eurovision is a two-faced thing, it's not only the music but it's very much politics as well... and 80% of the songs are so poor quality-wise that it's not even worth it, IMHO. :aah:

BUT, if he still decides to participate there's no doubt I'll support him, actually I think it's going to be the first time I have ever voted since I'm watching the contest :lmfao: (I guess it's still kind of entertaining despite all its lows)

I'll just say one thing:

Eurovision is about POP music mostly. That's the kind of music he loves and writes best.

If he decides to do it, I suppose it'll be a good song, no doubt.

BUT we don't decide for him. No matter what choice he will make, I'm sure it's going to be the right one and it's going to be for his best. If the song won't be the winner, it'd be ok: he doesn't write songs for awards, remember? :wink2:

Mika is free to make his choice in spite of the fierce revolution on the MFC against it, if he feels like it's the right time for him to do it. :original:

We'll stand by him no matter what, right? (I for the one sure will!) :biggrin2:

You know this is kinda bittersweet ......

If we does it and we win ... then it looks great :thumb_yello:

If he does it and we come last (as we usually do) .. then I think it looks bad

This whole things has just become one political cheese fest ...

For me I dont think he should do it

:teehee:

never forget the potentialities of everyday registering newbies :wink2:

It should be an official rule they have to agree to before signing up:naughty:

"Do not take IngievV seriously when she talks about things that seem very unlikely and too good to be true as in many cases....they are too good to be true":aah:

I'll just say one thing:

Eurovision is about POP music mostly. That's the kind of music he loves and writes best.

BUT we don't decide for him. No matter what choice he will make, I'm sure it's going to be the right one and it's going to be for his best. If the song won't be the winner, it'd be ok: he doesn't write songs for awards, remember? :wink2:

Mika is free to make his choice in spite of the fierce revolution on the MFC against it, if he feels like it's the right time for him to do it. :original:

I don't know if you've been watching the same Eurovision as I've been watching but mostly the Eurovision song contest is for trashy songs from long forgotten singers or those who are not good enough to be relevant. It's not like it used to be, not like the time of Abba etc.

Now most countries just send big boobed models who can't hold a note but are nice to look at in the hopes of scoring points. FFS this year they had a song about an apricot seed...:roftl:

Don't do that, Mika :aah:

You can only lose in that. If it's a success, everybody will know the performer but nobody will honestly care about who wrote the song. If it isn't a success (and that's what I'd expect, sorry Brits :wub2: but I'm always pessimistic :naughty:) everybody will know it was Mika and it's a really bad promo then.

But on another site: If he decides to do it, I'd demand an obligation for all writers to attend the event in the end :das: I plan to go there, anyway :naughty:

I'll just say one thing:

Yeah, it is about Pop music. But about bad pop music... :dunno:

The problem with Mika and Eurovision as I see it is: many pple think already Mika is some kind of Eurovision song contest artist. Almost all of the pple I play his music to react in this way :sad:. They just smile at me pityfully ("yeah, it's just a sort of temporary brain wash, she will be better soon") and one of them even asked me if Blue Eyes is some kind of Bacardy Ad music.... And they are nice guys who have a good music taste otherwise. They don't even care to listen, if I try to tell them that the lyrics are dark and what it is all about. :sad:

WE know that's not true. But if he does something like Eurovision, then this opinion will only get stronger, it will push him in a direction where there are more money to get and CDs to sell...but nobody would ever listen to the lyrics or care to know what's behind the songs. And I so want him to be accepted as a really serious and good musician, even though his music is commercial. ABBA was Eurovision, that's true and they were great, but I am afraid the times have changed... At least that's my opinion... :dunno: Perhaps I am more scared than the rest of you, cause I come from Bulgaria, and there we have this Eurovision/pseudo pop/folk music, which is really really horrible and I am afraid he'll get associated with it... And to be honest, if he goes in this direction, I am not sure that I'll support him.

Here's how we could win next year!!!!!!

Mika to write the next song for Europe!!!!!!

MIKA TO PERFORM IT HIMSELF!!!!!! As only HE can!!!

No other country would need to turn up coz Mika would emerge victorious!!

I'd rather doubt it.

What's Eurovision?? :blink: *google*

The Eurovision Song Contest is an annual competition held among active member countries of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU).

Each member country submits a song to be performed on live television and then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the most popular song in the competition. Each country participates via one of their national EBU-member television stations, whose task it is to select a singer and a song to represent their country in the international competition.

It looks interesting but if most of you are saying it's bad I think he should not write the UK song :boxed:

Am I the only one who likes the idea?

I love EUROVISION! Planning to attend next year's final anyway (here in Gernany - note: May 14th 2011! :wink2:).

Mika's a great songwriter. Whoever performs his song woule be doing a lot better than the UK did the last couple of years. :thumb_yello:

No, Mika, no!

Those Europeans don't like us they won't vote whatever the song.

Don't put yourself (and us) through that torture!

Sorry, I don't agree on that. Whenever the UK sent a good song it DID rank well - when they didn't, well, you didn't.

The thing is - the UK hasn't taken this competition seriously in a long time (except in 2009) - the not-so-good places were well deserved!

Remember 2009 and Jade taking number 5 with a great ballad?! There the effort paid off - and so it will be if Mika writes the song - and they pick a good performer to sing it.

It has been exactly the same not-caring attitude in Germany for quite some time. Luckily this has changed now.

Didn't some media outlet suggest this once already, like back in 2008 or something? :blink:

Be interesting if it's true... :teehee:

I think - if I remeber well - in 2008 it was more about Mika competing himself for Lebanon since at that time the Lebanon was thinking about joining the European broadcast union.

--> All, in all, I like the idea. 'Cause I very often had pity for the English entry. Wouldn't be the case in 2011 then. And that's what counts IMHO.

Nooooo don't do it!!

WE will get 0 points even if it is the best thing ever...it is all tactical voting and sure was a fluke the years we actually won.

We love you and would hate to hear people saying how **** you are cos you wrote it. Blame it on MIKA hmmm has a good ring to it lol

I ACTUALLY LOVE THIS! :aah:

If Mika wrote & performed it, all I could say is : :biggrin2: .. But if like the previous few years, if someone that no-one has heard of until then (except Jade), performed it likely they would badly murder Mika's song if he does agree to write the eurovision entry.

If Mika agrees to it (writing & performing), I want him to do a duet with Scott Mills. There's an old interview floating around where they speak about eurovision.. :naughty:

I don't know if you've been watching the same Eurovision as I've been watching but mostly the Eurovision song contest is for trashy songs from long forgotten singers or those who are not good enough to be relevant. It's not like it used to be, not like the time of Abba etc.

Now most countries just send big boobed models who can't hold a note but are nice to look at in the hopes of scoring points. FFS this year they had a song about an apricot seed...:roftl:

i agree with ingievV. look at what spain did two years ago...

when spain wins the world cup,i´m spanish.

but if you are talking about this... i´m not spanish at all:mf_rosetinted:

Really ... I must agree with spanky .... we come last as Europe does'nt like the UK .. its political , that's why Terry Wogan stepped down.

why do you say that??

i don´t think europe doesn´t like uk.. here in spain we love you...

i agree with ingievV. look at what spain did two years ago...

when spain wins the world cup,i´m spanish.

but if you are talking about this... i´m not spanish at all:mf_rosetinted:

:floor: That just sums the competition up. I love it when the lady in red falls over :floor:

why do you say that??

i don´t think europe doesn´t like uk.. here in spain we love you...

It is often said that the UK share of the vote plummeted after we helped the US to invade Iraq - and there may have been some truth in that at the time. But I don't think it's true now.

I think there are so many countries now, standing out in the crowd is difficult. Top 10 is quite good, in that context. We did OK with Jade, but this year was just a rubbish song.

Archived