The 'KEEP MIKA GOLDEN' Voting Club

Siu

:exclamation:MIKA is losing positions! Click on the following links and VOTE! :exclamation:

Follow_Me

@mikasounds #3

@MikaFanClub #14 (-3)

@WAXMIKASOUNDS #28 (-)

http://tweeter.faxo.com/Follow_Me/2010/11

Best_Fansite

mikafanclub.com #9 (-2)

http://tweeter.faxo.com/Best_Fansite/2010/11

Mr_Twitter

@mikasounds #12 (-1)

http://tweeter.faxo.com/Mr_Twitter/2010/12

Top_YouTube_Channel

@MikaSoundsOfficial #2 (-1)

@MikaSoundsBlog #3 (-1)

@MIKAVEVO #4

http://tweeter.faxo.com/Top_YouTube_Channel/2010/12

Best_Pet

@Mikasdog #14 (-1)

http://tweeter.faxo.com/Best_Pet/2010/12

:exclamation: ! Sunday Review ! :exclamation:

Musician_of_the_Month

@mikasounds #13

Top_YouTube_Video First 3 MIKAvids

@MIKAVEVO MIKA - RedOne - Kick Ass (We Are Young) #1

@MIKAVEVO - MIKA - Grace Kelly #2 (+3)

@MIKAVEVO - MIKA - Love Today #3 (-)

and a whole lot more

Top_YouTube_Musician

@MikaSoundsOfficial #2 (+1)

@MikaSoundsBlog #3 (+1)

@MIKAVEVO #4 (+1)

Follow_Me

@mikasounds #3

@MikaFanClub #14 (-3)

@WAXMIKASOUNDS #28 (-)

Actor_of_the_Month

@mikasounds #17

Best_Music_Website

mikasounds.com #3

Best_Celebrity_Website

mikasounds.com #4

Best_Fansite

mikafanclub.com #9 (-2)

Best_Forum_Message_Board_or_Blog

mikasounds.com #2

mikafanclub.com #8

Sexiest_Twitter

@mikasounds #5

Mr_YouTube

@MikaSoundsOfficial #1

@MikaSoundsBlog #2

@MIKAVEVO #3

Mr_Twitter

@mikasounds #12 (-1)

Best of Twitter

@mikasounds #9 (-)

@WAXMIKASOUNDS #30 (-)

@Mikasdog #59 (-)

Top_YouTube_Channel

@MikaSoundsOfficial #2 (-1)

@MikaSoundsBlog #3 (-1)

@MIKAVEVO #4

Best_Pet

@Mikasdog #14 (-1)

That's a great review again Siu! Thank you!

THANX03.GIF

THANX for doing another

SUNDAY UPDATE, Siu!

That's a great review again Siu! Thank you!

You're welcome!

Although MIKA in red looks fab...

mika_001_012807.jpg

...I'd prefer to see more greens in the review. Let's try to do better this week! :thumb_yello:

mika271hi5.jpg

We have the top 5 videos now :thumb_yello:

Everyone is doing so well. Waxmikasounds is at the top of page 2 on Best of Twitter. He'll soon be on page one and is already on page one in Follow Me.

We've certainly put those California Sisters in their place (well below Mika) on the Best YT video!

Don't forget to vote once a day here!

SOLISTAR INTERNATIONAL

http://www.si.clarin.com.php5-16.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/ingresar.php

And here!

MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR

POP ARTIST OF THE YEAR

http://bjmail.dbr.com.tr/bluejean/201012bestof/anket.asp

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

We could beat Adam for a short while last night but today he's out of reach :sad:

MJ in Musician of the Month has done a good job climbing up to #2 :sneaky2:.

On the brighter side: MIKA could soon be the Sexiest Twitter #4. The usual nearly 200 points that separate him from #4 have decreased to a bit more than a dozen! Truly great job! :thumb_yello:

MIKA the sexiest twitter ever!

lexpress_mika_psmith_blog6_v_29sep09_pr_b.jpg

@Mikasdog has also pattered rather quickly on her little paws (maybe not SO little any more) and is currently #11 with mere 4 votes separating her from #10!

"First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin"Leonhard Cohen

Let's push MIKA the Sexiest twitter #4 and @Mikasdog the Best pet #10!

Edited by Siu

I know it's early days, but I've been trying to think of what videos to nominate for next time. We want to show all aspects of Mika and there's something that, this month, we all overlooked. Namely... Mika and The Kings Singers.

I think next month we should have one (or possibly two) vids that show our golden maestro singing with that iconic classical group. We have a few weeks to decide which songs to include.

I think By The Time would be good.

What does everyone else think?

I know it's early days, but I've been trying to think of what videos to nominate for next time. We want to show all aspects of Mika and there's something that, this month, we all overlooked. Namely... Mika and The Kings Singers.

I think next month we should have one (or possibly two) vids that show our golden maestro singing with that iconic classical group. We have a few weeks to decide which songs to include.

I think By The Time would be good.

What does everyone else think?

I actually started the discussion some time ago :wink2:

I've been thinking about the vids to include in the next month's Top_Youtube_Video contest. I think that we should keep Kick Ass, firstly cause it's doing great and secondly, cause it's something that movie lovers might also recognise.

I've made some “categories” which might help us to make the choice

CD Version (2-3 vids)

MIKA - Relax, Take It Easy (New Version)

MIKA – Rain

MIKA - Grace Kelly (Extended Version)

MIKA - Love Today

MIKA - Happy Ending (Long Version)

MIKA – We Are Golden

Acoustic version (1)

MIKA - 'Rain' (acoustic) - Lieve Paul

Rain - Live@Home

(These would rule out Rain in the CD Version category. Or maybe then again not, cause the CD version and the live version would complement each other, showing how different )

Concert vid + visuals (1)

Help with this please! Something from the Imaginarium Tour maybe? Probably. It has good visuals and effects.

Small gig (1)

Something from Jam Session, Paris

Any other ideas?

Fan act (1)

Bubbles?

Golden hearts?

Anything else that would show the team-work spirit of MIKAfans, their way of saying "thank you" to MIKA?

Talk + song (1)

Mika Blame It On The Girls Live Abbey Road Nov 2009

Something MIKAish (1)

MIKA - Grace Kelly (in French) @ Jam Sessions, Paris 2009 ([maybe] rules out GK in CD version category)

Project (1)

Something from through the looking glass or acoustic tour. I haven't been able to look through all the vids on YT so all the ideas are welcome.

MIKA french (1)

MIKA French interview 18/04/2010

MIKA art (1)

37. BEHIND THE ARTWORK

MIKA recording phase (1 or 2)

26. MIKA STUDIO TOUR 3, LOS ANGELES

28. NEW MUSIC

and then things I haven't been able to put in any category yet, but which IMO should be included:

Manic Monday Vlog

a version of I See You

Basically, my idea is to

- include as many different songs as possible

- give a glimpse of MIKAgigs (big audience + big show; smaller intimate gigs)

- show the artistic side of MIKA

- show him as the man behind the music, the Creator, the Artist, not simply as a singer

- not to flood the contest with MIKAvids

The above is my first draft and nothing is final. All your ideas, suggestions, consents, objections, etc. are welcome!

But it's good that you brought the issue up again. In the meantime I've had time to think about it a bit more and maybe were trying just a little bit TOO hard :teehee:. I mean I usually don't click on the vids in the contest (sometimes, but mostly by accident :biggrin2:) and I think I'm not the only one. What is important about the contest(s) is that people see MIKA's name, some remember it and check him out. It's wise to have different kinds of vids, but it' hardly a place people delve into getting to know a new artist. Nevertheless we should include vids that show MIKA's versatility, but this time we should confine to a dozen or a few more vids. If I went to vote on Faxo's site and the whole first page included only Casey James for example :biggrin2: in time I would probably get less enthusiastic about voting. We should give others a chance as well.

I actually started the discussion some time ago :wink2:

But it's good that you brought the issue up again. In the meantime I've had time to think about it a bit more and maybe were trying just a little bit TOO hard :teehee:. I mean I usually don't click on the vids in the contest (sometimes, but mostly by accident :biggrin2:) and I think I'm not the only one. What is important about the contest(s) is that people see MIKA's name, some remember it and check him out. It's wise to have different kinds of vids, but it' hardly a place people delve into getting to know a new artist. Nevertheless we should include vids that show MIKA's versatility, but this time we should confine to a dozen or a few more vids. If I went to vote on Faxo's site and the whole first page included only Casey James for example :biggrin2: in time I would probably get less enthusiastic about voting. We should give others a chance as well.

Yes, I said the same thing about too many videos. I thought we should aim for about ten or twelve altogether. Anyway, my suggestion is still M&KS, because... I know peeps might not normally click on the vids BUT if they are looking, and they see that the vid is Mika and the Kings Singers, they might think...

"What? I thought he was just a popstar, I didn't know he'd sung with The Kings Singers!"

They might just have a look and a listen.

I also agree with you about the artwork vid and an interview in french. How about the inauguration of WaxMika, as that tells peeps he's got a statue in a waxworks. Something none of the magazines in the UK saw fit to report since they were too busy fussing over Gaga's wax figures.

Anyway, that's my suggeations up to now.

Yes, I said the same thing about too many videos. I thought we should aim for about ten or twelve altogether. Anyway, my suggestion is still M&KS, because... I know peeps might not normally click on the vids BUT if they are looking, and they see that the vid is Mika and the Kings Singers, they might think...

"What? I thought he was just a popstar, I didn't know he'd sung with The Kings Singers!"

They might just have a look and a listen.

I also agree with you about the artwork vid and an interview in french. How about the inauguration of WaxMika, as that tells peeps he's got a statue in a waxworks. Something none of the magazines in the UK saw fit to report since they were too busy fussing over Gaga's wax figures.

Anyway, that's my suggeations up to now.

Both are great suggestions!

It is bizarre that Wika has no been mentioned in the British media! I know that MIKA is not currently in the minds of the greater audience in UK, but nevertheless he is one of the pride and glories of the British pop. :sneaky2:

Both are great suggestions!

It is bizarre that Wika has no been mentioned in the British media! I know that MIKA is not currently in the minds of the greater audience in UK, but nevertheless he is one of the pride and glories of the British pop. :sneaky2:

The only publicity he had about the statue was a bit in an early morning show, nothing else. The British media did report on Paloma's accident, but that's the kind of thing we don't want them to have to mention.

I need to explain something about the British media. They are SO obsessed with anything to do with The X Factor. It's all they really talk about, especially at this time of year. It's hype has made a national sweetheart out of a woman who's been up on aussault charges, and it makes a mint-of-money for Simon Cowell.

As for the Christmas #1, forget it! It's either the X Factor winner's song, or some song that protests against the winner's song and is a load of rubbish.

Someone like Mika, who doesn't court controversy and keeps his private life to himself, just isn't interesting enough, even when someone puts a statue of him in a museum.

The British media are a sorry shower of nitwits!

Sorry if it is already done but have you put the video of "Gave it all away" with Boyzone, I love it! :mf_lustslow:

Great idea!

I guess there's no point in adding it this month any more, but next month - definitely! Thanks Mlx for the idea! :thumb_yello:

EDIT: Oops! I didn't notice Alice had already added it :teehee:. Let's give it a boost!

Edited by Siu

:exclamation: ! Sunday Review ! :exclamation:

Musician_of_the_Month

@mikasounds #14 (-1)

Top_YouTube_Video First 3 MIKAvids

@MIKAVEVO MIKA - RedOne - Kick Ass (We Are Young) #1

@MIKAVEVO - MIKA - Love Today #2 (+1)

@MIKAVEVO - MIKA - Grace Kelly #3 (-1)

MIKAvids 1-18 and a few others

Top_YouTube_Musician

@MikaSoundsOfficial #4 (-2)

@MikaSoundsBlog #5 (-2)