Coming back to PORTUGAL!!!

Mary

But this one's gonna be rough....:sneaky2:

No numbers, no queueing no nothing....:dunno:

Oh why do you say so? If I remember correctly, last year most of the festivals queuings were okay and John worked out the numbers thing for the q. Hopefully it's gonna be alright :thumb_yello:

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh why do you say so? If I remember correctly, last year most of the festivals queuings were okay and John worked out the numbers thing for the q. Hopefully it's gonna be alright :thumb_yello:

Exactly, don't know how, but Mika always manages to use the numbers queue :thumb_yello:

Last year there were no numbers in Sudoeste Festival and at Coimbra we had numbers because someone started that, but We only got in 5 min earlier than the rest of people because the security guys were ok.

This is a very small festival with a very complicated entrance. I'm not saying this is going to be very agressive, but don't come in here with the idea that John will manage everything. In 4 times Mika came to Portugal he only helped us once and it wasn't a festival.

Last year there were no numbers in Sudoeste Festival and at Coimbra we had numbers because someone started that, but We only got in 5 min earlier than the rest of people because the security guys were ok.

This is a very small festival with a very complicated entrance. I'm not saying this is going to be very agressive, but don't come in here with the idea that John will manage everything. In 4 times Mika came to Portugal he only helped us once and it wasn't a festival.

In other words, I will have to slap a b*tch:roftl:

:naughty: I'm with you in that. Experienced from Budapest last year :biggrin2:

I want to come, too. But will wait for maybe other gigs to be announced as the flights are quite expensive :aah:

The two festivals i've been to weren't supported by Qing or anything because the poeple were let in veeery early (before noon) and I ended up second row both times :sneaky2: That's why I didn't want to do any more festivals... :aah:

The two festivals i've been to weren't supported by Qing or anything because the poeple were let in veeery early (before noon) and I ended up second row both times :sneaky2: That's why I didn't want to do any more festivals... :aah:

You mean you had to go to the stage before noon and wait there? :shocked:

Some of these past festival shows have looked great (I especially like the idea of going to Nimes) but southern Europe in the summer is so expensive and the conditions sound so rough, especially for my cold Canadian blood. :naughty:

I hope everyone has a fabulous time though. It will be pretty exciting to see a show in July after he's been off stage for the better part of the year.

Just looked at the flight for Porto airport, it's quite cheap from Lyon with Easyjet ,and near from the venue, but i don't understand why i have to land to this other airport : it's far, isn't it?

Ans i'll have to take a taxi, i suppose?

Thanks in advance for help.:blink:

Oups : sorry, it's Porto Airport!!!!

What's the festival like? Do I have to slap a b*tch to get to the front or what?:mf_rosetinted: Perhaps we can suggest a welcome back party from us to and with Mika:roftl:

Usually...yes...festivals are HELL!

Just looked at the flight for Porto airport, it's quite cheap from Lyon with Easyjet ,and near from the venue, but i don't understand why i have to land to this other airport : it's far, isn't it?

+1 :biggrin2:

Thanks for your help :wink2:

:naughty: I'm with you in that. Experienced from Budapest last year :biggrin2:

I want to come, too. But will wait for maybe other gigs to be announced as the flights are quite expensive :aah:

Yeah I want to see what else he's going to do as well. The only festival I've been to so far is Pinkpop and we were second row, even though we were standing there since 11.30. And I had to fight for my life, so festivals are not my favourite places to be:roftl:

I never had to so I guess that will not be needed :biggrin2:

Good, my nails will be save then:mf_rosetinted:

Porto airport doesn't seem to near to me...unless there are easy ways to ge to Vila Nova de Gaia from there (like buses or trains)!

Does anyone could give us a tip?

Porto airport doesn't seem to near to me...unless there are easy ways to ge to Vila Nova de Gaia from there (like buses or trains)!

Does anyone could give us a tip?

Like i posted here before, It's only around 15Km from the airport to Gaia.

The easier and cheaper way is using the underground. The problem is how to get to the gig's place, since the underground stations aren't near.

What's the festival like? Do I have to slap a b*tch to get to the front or what?:mf_rosetinted: Perhaps we can suggest a welcome back party from us to and with Mika:roftl:

Yes, guess you'll have to slap a couple of them...:naughty:

In this festival entrances are supervised by the Police, and i'm afraid they're not gonna quope with us having numers, no matter what John says...:aah:

Exactly!:thumb_yello:

:roftl:

The easier and cheaper way is using the underground. The problem is how to get to the gig's place, since the underground stations aren't near.

And how far is the venue from Gaia?

Thank you Liliana, i suppose that there will be a kind of shuttle?

A shuttle to the gig's place? Maybe. I allways went there by car.

The only thing i know is that place It's not a very populated place. People go there to watch the river and the sea or just to walk a little bit. But i guess the website from the festival will have that information. ;)

Oh really, my bad then! Thanks for the info :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

And how far is the venue from Gaia?

Very near, probably 4Km, i guess. The problem is that the center of Gaia is a hill and the gig will be in a lower place. I can explain you better with images but i'm not at home, so i'll show you later.;)

Well, after our Planeta Terra Festival, all I have to say is "good luck" :mf_rosetinted:

We almost had a fight with some Smashing Pumpkins fans that were there since I don't know when and we've got only the second row. :sneaky2: No John, no numbers.

Well, after our Planeta Terra Festival, all I have to say is "good luck" :mf_rosetinted:

We almost had a fight with some Smashing Pumpkins fans that were there since I don't know when and we've got only the second row. :sneaky2: No John, no numbers.

damn....quite disappointing...this is why I usually hate festivals :shocked:

Exactly, don't know how, but Mika always manages to use the numbers queue :thumb_yello:

Jesus christ, here we go...

Look:

First of all: the numbers just DON'T MAKE SENSE in a festival. Why should we have privileges and not other fanclub?

We don't even know who will perform on that day, so far there's only Mika, and usually there are 3 or 4 bands in the main stage, and at least 2 of them are big names, international or national. Bands who also have fanclubs, and people who go there just to see them.

Why should MFC be different from them? Why would John's opinion be more relevant than other manager's? Yeah, bla bla, Mika loves to see us at the front. Well...I believe the other artists love to see their fans too, so...we won't convince anyone with that excuse. :naughty:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the number thingy in Mika's gigs. But in festivals is a whole different thing.

Second: That festival is a small one. 25.000 people per day, max.

Doors usually open at 5 pm, and we first have to pass through a police barrier, they search our bags etc etc, and THEN we get to the gates where someone checks our tickets. The entrance is usually chaotic and, IMHO if someone starts to say "oh I have a number in my hand, because I'm from Mika's fan club and he likes to see us at the front"...well...it will only make things worse. :naughty:

Inside, there's another barrier, that only opens like an hour after the main gates, and usually, not many people wait there for it to open.

What I'm trying to say is, unless we have Justin Bieber or Tokio Hotel performing on that same day, no-one will be there very early except for us.

And when I say ver early, I mean noon or something, we probably won't need to get there earlier.

I know many people here don't trust what we say, otherwise there wouldn't have been a queue in Coimbra at 7 AM, or someone starting a list at Sudoeste, but whatever. It will be the third year I go to this festival, and I really can't see any problem with getting front row, IF WE CAN BE ORGANIZED, INSTEAD OF COMPETITIVE. :wink2:

Jesus christ, here we go...

Look:

First of all: the numbers just DON'T MAKE SENSE in a festival. Why should we have privileges and not other fanclub?

We don't even know who will perform on that day, so far there's only Mika, and usually there are 3 or 4 bands in the main stage, and at least 2 of them are big names, international or national. Bands who also have fanclubs, and people who go there just to see them.

Why should MFC be different from them? Why would John's opinion be more relevant than other manager's? Yeah, bla bla, Mika loves to see us at the front. Well...I believe the other artists love to see their fans too, so...we won't convince anyone with than excuse. :naughty:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the number thingy in Mika's gigs. But in festivals is a whole different thing.

Second: That festival is a small one. 25.000 people per day, max.

Doors usually open at 5 pm, and we first have to pass through a police barrier, they search our bags etc etc, and THEN we get to the gates where someone checks our tickets. The entrance is usually chaotic and, IMHO if someone starts to say "oh I have a number in my hand, because I'm from Mika's fan club and he likes to see us at the front"...well...it will only make things worse. :naughty:

Inside, there's another barrier, that only opens like an hour after the main gates, and usually, not many people wait there for it to open.

What I'm trying to say is, unless we have Justin Bieber or Tokio Hotel performing on that same day, no-one will be there very early except for us.

And when I say ver early, I mean noon or something, we probably won't need to get there earlier.

I know many people here don't trust what we say, otherwise there wouldn't have been a queue in Coimbra at 7 AM, or someone starting a list at Sudoeste, but whatever. It will be the third year I go to this festival, and I really can't see any problem with getting front row, IF WE CAN BE ORGANIZED, INSTEAD OF COMPETITIVE. :wink2:

I just wanted to slap somebody for the sake of slapping :tears:

Archived