MIKA in Oporto, Portugal, Festival Mares Vivas -- 16 July 2011

dcdeb

Nope! :teehee:

I'm waiting for the whole line up, to see if I'll buy the daily ticket to the 16th or the 3 days pass. :wink2:

Wooo! One day for me! Is there usually a good lineup for this festival?

The only thing that sold out in a day is U2, Madonna, and big names like that.

Festivals don't use to be sold out...it's different from a "normal" concert... but this one might be because it's a very small one, but people will start to THINK buying tickets when the other artists will be annouced. :thumb_yello:

(We're not living a very good moment in Portugal right now... people's priorities are not concerts, for sure. So you don't need to be worried :wink2:)

Wow! The Austin City Limits festival in my city sold out super quick last year (like it always does), and Phish headlined. Phish? WTF is Phish? :roftl:

I hope I know if I can come before too long! I mean, this is MIKA we're talking about. He's a big name, right?? :roftl:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wooo! One day for me! Is there usually a good lineup for this festival?

Yep. It's not as "big" as other festivals, but it's waaaaaaaay cheaper, so it's pretty good for what you pay. The daily ticket is 25 euros, and for the other festivals you pay 40 or 50. :teehee:

Last year I saw Ben Harper, Goldfrapp, dEUS, Placebo, Peaches, Editors, A Silent Film, and a few portuguese bands.

Two years ago I went just one day, and saw Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat, Gabriella Cilmi and Keane. :thumb_yello:

Of course it depends on your musical taste, but it's not a poor lineup, as the price could suggest. :naughty:

Yep. It's not as "big" as other festivals, but it's waaaaaaaay cheaper, so it's pretty good for what you pay. The daily ticket is 25 euros, and for the other festivals you pay 40 or 50. :teehee:

Last year I saw Ben Harper, Goldfrapp, dEUS, Placebo, Peaches, Editors, A Silent Film, and a few portuguese bands.

Two years ago I went just one day, and saw Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat, Gabriella Cilmi and Keane. :thumb_yello:

Of course it depends on your musical taste, but it's not a poor lineup, as the price could suggest. :naughty:

Yeah, that's not bad at all! Wow! That's actually really cheap! :yay:

Wish I coulda seen Goldfrapp ... hmm, wonder who will be playing this year? :teehee: But, really, it doesn't matter. MIKA is enough.

The only thing that sold out in a day is U2, Madonna, and big names like that.

Festivals don't use to be sold out...it's different from a "normal" concert... but this one might be because it's a very small one, but people will start to THINK buying tickets when the other artists will be annouced. :thumb_yello:

(We're not living a very good moment in Portugal right now... people's priorities are not concerts, for sure. So you don't need to be worried :wink2:)

*Katy Perry*

I'd love that, but she's in Calgary then:naughty:

I'd prefer Adele, to be honest. But at this point, I just want them to announce the freaking lineup, so that people can start buying tickets and organizing their trips. :roftl:

I hope I know if I can come before too long! I mean, this is MIKA we're talking about. He's a big name, right?? :roftl:

He's a big name. :thumb_yello: But he's not a reason for people went nuts and start do buy all the tickets.

This festival is growing in the past 3 or 4 years, and by the time it'll happen there are plenty of other summer festivals with very good names, so people have to wait to every artists be annouced to chose what to see.

Don't worried. We're going to put any news we heard, see or even imagine in here. But it's too soon, I guess during april we'll have the other names and tickets will start to be on sale online too, but I'm just guessing. :wink2:

*Katy Perry*

You can't compare Katy Perry with U2 or Madonna.

Since I don't know where I'll be in July and where I'll be working, I can't know if I'll be able to come...:badmood::crybaby:

Don't know if it was asked before in the previous pages, but is the Festival place easy to reach from Porto airport ?

Since I don't know where I'll be in July and where I'll be working, I can't know if I'll be able to come...:badmood::crybaby:

Don't know if it was asked before in the previous pages, but is the Festival place easy to reach from Porto airport ?

It's faster but not the most easier thing in the world, but I'm sure you'll not have problem with that. In resume, you don't have a direct way to the place, but you have "ways" of getting there.:wink2:

We already posted underground maps and other information in the previous thread, but near the date we can help everyone who have doubts and questions.:thumb_yello:

It's faster but not the most easier thing in the world, but I'm sure you'll not have problem with that. In resume, you don't have a direct way to the place, but you have "ways" of getting there.:wink2:

We already posted underground maps and other information in the previous thread, but near the date we can help everyone who have doubts and questions.:thumb_yello:

Yeah, it's not the easiest thing, but you have bus and underground to places close to the festival, and then you need to walk a bit. There you only need to be able to say "Festival Marés Vivas" if you need help. Someone will tell you the way. :naughty: Believe me, I know...last year I had to ask! :teehee:

And who knows, maybe this year they'll put a special bus to the festival... Let's wait for their updates!

Oki doki people, another name announced to play on the same day as Mika!

Áurea!

No, you don't know her, unless you're Portuguese! :lmfao:

She's cool, a kind of Duffy, but with a much less irritating voice! :teehee:

Check her out if you want:

Áurea!

Ok... I'm portuguese and I've no idea who is dat gal::aah:

Oh my..:mf_rosetinted: *feels dumb*

Áurea!

Hey, actually she's not bad!! Better than the band that played last year un Coimbra.

I like the song "No No No":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfsV4hdYqYo&feature=related

Hey, actually she's not bad!! Better than the band that played last year un Coimbra.

I like the song "No No No":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfsV4hdYqYo&feature=related

I like it too!

:thumb_yello:

I know i've been......:blush-anim-cl:

I'm portuguese and i dunno her..:teehee:

Geez woman...do you have tv at home? Radio? :aah:

She sounds a bit like Patsy Cline. Music wise. The second one reminds me of this:

Yep, same style! :wink2:

Archived